3.2

1. Jan 27, 2012
    There is a reason Postal 2 is a cult game and Postal 3 will never be. Postal 2 had a sense of humor to be shared with the worst South Park episodes. Postal 2 had it's bugs and crashes were to be expected. Postal 2 had a confusing map and annoying load zones. Then again Postal 2 was made in 2003. That's a good 9 years ago that the game dropped and 9 years ago flaws like that were more acceptable. To have a game come out in 2012 and have those problems is just plain embarrassing. While the fans will be split along lines of "is this game faithful or not" and i have to say in some regards it is. If you play the Postal series for buggy gameplay and horrendous crashing, on par with the AWP mod but that's a mod not a game sold for money, then you'll be happy. If you came for the humor you'll be disappointing. While much of the dialog is the one liners you would expect the feel of the new town is terrible. Many portions of the game are not fun and most of the missions are more bland than an MMO. I stopped playing the game halfway through the meager campaign just so i could play Postal 2 and have fun, a major component missing in this sequel Expand
  2. Dec 29, 2011
    This is my first review ever on metacritic. Hell, I created this account just to review this game. People must know how bad this is, just so they don't make the same mistake as I did. Are you a fan of modern shooters? Are you a fan of games with a stable engine? Are you a fan of Postal series? Then this game is definitely not for you. I've never seen such a poor made use of the Source engine. Horrible hit detection, weapons that are rendered useless by the poor implemented controls, what else can I say? To be honest, I'm more than halfway through the game and the only weapon I consistently use is the taser. Advantages? Ranged weapon, with unlimited ammunition. It's more than enough to get you through. Why then put at our disposal 20 plus weapons when we're able to get through the game with one? Talk about unbalanced. Then there's the humour, which remains Postal typical humour, and it's just about the only positive aspect of this game. Hence the 1. Expand
  3. Jan 2, 2012
    So buggy its unplayable and the developers depended on some Russian company to release the patches and all their content after, but they only been keeping it in Russia so its unplayable for the rest of us with crashes every 10 to 20 min. If it was not for that it would be a good game. I would say screw Akella and release the patches myself if I where them. But there are so many freak-en bugs I doubt RWS will be able to fix them and probably just blame it on valve when it was poor dissensions made by them. Which lead to a completely unplayable game, and if you look in the positive reviews some of them are made by the developers themselves. While others I am guessing either have found a way to get the Russian patch working or never played the game itself, There is no avoiding glitches or bugs that will make you fustraighted with this game. Go with postal 10th anniversary instead if your going to buy a postal game. Its much more worth it than this cash-in. Expand
  4. Dec 26, 2011
    This junk software is one of the worst games ever dared to release. Every aspects of the program is very bad- the controlling, the gameplay, the storyline, the graphics, the programming are all incredibly terrible. I don't know how dared they release a piece of crap like this, but please don't let them earn huge amount of money. Please DON'T buy it!
  5. Dec 29, 2011
    The Bad - Simply put! BOX OF **** from the goofy looking characters,Dude's new voice,and the fact the game ruins like early beta copy. Akella goofed this **** badly. The Good - Hopefully coming.. Patch yo **** if not..hope the modders have their way with it.
  6. Jan 31, 2012
    Postal 3's script makes topical jokes that might have been funny 2-3 years ago (Sarah Palin, War on Terror blah blah) but are now NOT FUNNY. Even the potential comedy of killing Uwe Boll is delivered in a lame ass way. Total Crap.
  7. Jan 15, 2012
    I hesitate to even really call this a game, which saddens me deeply as I was a huge fan of Postal 2, and have recently bought and replayed it off GOG.
    First off, if you're surprised to find Postal 3 even came out, especially last December, well, there's a reason for that. Never before have I seen a release so heavily botched. Even Valve seems to be unsure of it's release, as they've been
    debating over how to handle the unlocking and the store page. You can get a steam code for the game in only one of two ways due to this: 1. By paying an RWS guy $40 and waiting for him to, eventually, email you a code or 2. Buying it from one of a few smaller online download sites and getting a Steam code from them. You can't get it from Steam, as they've even decided to drop the store page.
    Beyond the horrible release issues, there's the horrible gameplay issues. The game crashes constantly, it freezes, there's weird graphical bugs that range from just being annoying to being downright hilarious, there's a wide variety of gameplay bugs that prevent the player from even continuing the game...
    Aside from the bugs, they've also removed the freedom Postal 2 had. Now, instead, it's a level-based linear game reminiscent of the expansion pack to Postal 2, only a lot less funny. The humor... I swear to god it's less Postal 1 & 2 and more Uwe Boll's Postal film. It's trying too damn hard to be edgy, and in the end it feels less like a fun, raunchy experience and more like a little kid that just learned some cuss words and ethnic slurs.
    Go grab, say, Bulletstorm instead. Hell, even Duke Nukem Forever. Postal 3 honestly makes Duke Nukem Forever look like Duke Nukem 3D.
  8. Dec 21, 2011
    game developers today seem not to have a clue what they are doing

just one examole in this game is the headbob=the screen shake when you move

yeah add more stuff like that because people love headache,nausea and to to feel like a camera not a man in a game

lol they really are pathetic
  9. Dec 29, 2011
    This is not a game - this is piece of buggy code without story and fun. Looks like game was made at two or three month -not 8 years. If You want feel spirit of Postal two play SaintsRaw3.
  10. Apr 15, 2012
    This game is barely playable because of how badly optimized it is. My friend gifted me it and I wanted it because the videos on YouTube look fairly decent. But the sad part is that the STEAM version of Postal 3 is that its in RUSSIAN. You can't get it in English. You can torrent it and get the English version that way. Not by buying the legitimate version. Thanks RWS for designing a bad game and their stupid drunk Russian publishers releasing the game a month earlier by mistake. Expand
  11. Feb 13, 2012
    I'm sorry to whoever played and developed this "game". For the majority of the hour I had with this garbage had me shouting to my computer, "WHY AM I PLAYING THIS CRAP". The only person who deserves this games attention is the panda equivalent of Osama Bin Laden
  12. Feb 15, 2012
    A game for fools, and nothing more. In Postal 3 there is no one good hand, never knew what this game can bring. I actually have nothing to say, sorry.
    Gameplay: 3/10
    Graphics: 4/10
    Music: 4/0
    Dynamics: 5/10
    That's it. My personal opinion: the game is not worth your time to it.
  13. Feb 28, 2012
    Postal 3 is a mission-oriented third-person shooter and unlike its predecessor, does not allow you to free-roam. In fact, apart from the humour it has absolutely nothing in common with its predecessor. Your aim is terribly off, the third-person view adds nothing to the game, sound effects bad and missions tedious. I quit during the second mission where the developers insisted that I vacuum a smut store in order to shoot wads of paper at feminists. Not only did I not think vacuuming was in any way a challenge, it was also terribly noisy and top it off, the vacuum cleaner I have at home works better than the vacuum cleaner offered in the game. Expand
  14. Mar 9, 2012
    Buggy and very poor performance Source Engine that i played so far,i mean.....wth is wrong with RWC? Is this was Akella Fault or just slapped release? Crap,i hate this game....go play Postal 2 instead.
  15. Jan 19, 2012
    i lost interest waiting for the game in 2009, it finally comes out and it feels so unfinished it is borderline unplayable thanks to Dumb AI, laughably bad voice acting and so many bugs that make the game barely any fun to play. The only redeeming quality is that it is funny in places and that's it, simply put it this game isn't worth the 5 year wait or your hard earned cash at all
  16. Oct 21, 2012
    Turns out RWS had little to no input on how this got made. Akella are the reason this game got made so badly. Look at the beta footage on youtube of the RWS version. It was going to have multiplayer, it was open world, it would of been a much more refined game. Bad move on RWS for hiring Akella but live and learn, hopefully they are able to fund another 100% RWS developed project in the future (like Postal2). Expand
  17. Feb 17, 2012
    Of course the game is **** To understand that you can just watch the trailer. Graphics are awful. And by the way, this game was made by Russians, which explains a lot. P.S. All Postal III metascore reviews could be divided into 2 categories: 0-3 and 10. And I think all 10 score reviews are written by developers.
  18. Mar 27, 2012
    This game is a mega piece a crap, it is the ultimate disappointment. I don't care about losing $40, but some people, waiting for this game to come out, don't have a lot of money to spend on a game. I was so excited when I heard this game was being made. I couldn't wait. Got the game downloaded and launched it. Took forever just to get to the game menu. WTF, no 1st person for starters, gee that's sometimes an option in some games. A little laggy, which should not be on a PC with an 8 core processor and 16 GB of ram. The graphics world provided no eye candy. The sound FX would cut out. Missions are BORING. Save yourself some money and disappointment. Expand
  19. May 7, 2012
    You know when a game is so stupid and horribly made it's fun? Like, you call your friends over to play said game and laugh about how crappy the game is? This isn't even that. It's just a drab, boring game. Don't even think about getting this game, there's nothing good or fun about it...at all.
  20. Jun 18, 2013
    One info here. Postal 3 was not developed by RWS, but instead by some Russian Trashmaster Studios.

Postal series was a simple concept. Test your violence as you complete mundane errands. Of course, know that fate often turns against you. Well, this is just Postal. You have to play it to understand it.

The game works on Valve Source Engine which may make a player think that he/she
    encounters a good game. The fact is, Source is very advanced engine, so the available options of graphics, sound etc. are extensive and one can adjust settings to balance performance. Oh god, what could I give to feel like that by going through this mess.

Story like a story, in Postal it didn't have any major meaning and sense. Same thing is here, but developers decided to continue the story from Postal 2. After the Paradise town has been destroyed by nuclear warhead,of course with our help, Postal Dude moved to the town called Catharsis, to start a better life and find a job. Our goal is to get the job. Everything is covered in typical for Postal humour, controversy and limits of good taste. But one thing made me suspicious. The name of this town. Does the word Catharsis was a message sent by TM Studios? The answer is clear. Everyone who played this will need a relief to nightmares and trauma caused by the game's content.

The gameplay is nothing compared to prequel. In Postal 2, player can (despite given errands) without limits kill innocent bystanders, explore a big town and the only true danger was the Police. In new Postal this aspect is gone. Forget about the open world and careful exploration. Catharsis is much smaller than Paradise. The game is linear, just like Apocalypse Weekend. All you have to do is only complete your tasks. Enemies spawn like crazy, so you won't have time for any calm walking.

Postal 3 gave us something new to gameplay. The path choice. Yes. We can choose to keep evil side of Postal Dude, and support Uncle Dave, or (and I'm not joking) become a kind policeman and defend the law. I thought that developers ate drain cleaner in bulk quantities before they made this game. And what we are going to do as a freshly hired police officer? We are going to stun everyone with tazer and cuff them. Prisoners escaped from cells? Stun and cuff them all. Attackers in a park? Stun and cuff them all. Pissed off feminists in action? Stun and cuff them all. Good path is longer than Evil one, but what sense the game has on doing the same thing?

No bad word can be said about sick armory. We have a shovel, well known by fans, gasoline can with matches, badger saw, brand new machine gun, thrown bee hive and cats usable as silencers or dervish. In short, superior entertainment for murderers. Unfortunately despite enormous inventory, I found a big need for firearms. Apart from gas can we won't find anything. Also there's no flamethrower made of lighter and deodorant. But this is nothing compared to the shooting itself. Since the game is in third person, we are using firearms from the back. This is logical. Complete lack of recoil, yet inaccurate controls are oddity. The biggest problem is fist fight. It looks like the protagonist has hands made of cotton and he was after three strokes before attacking an enemy. Punching the air is very common.

Graphics of Postal 3 is a joke. It seems to be picture of previous generation. Lots of saturation and improper shadows. Lighting is also messed up. And the biggest surprise everything has been made in Source.

Music of the game is great. It fits well to the game. Psychedelic variation of rock and metal is like cure for the cancer caused by this game. I cannot say the same about FX. Weapon shots sound like hitting the table with a piece of meat. All voices apart from Postal Dude ones, are annoying.

Artificial intelligence leaves a lot to wish about. The enemies are fighting us like morons. And difficulty of the game is not flat. Remember the police in Postal 2? Escape from it was a challenge. How situation looks here? If player annihilated certain amount of bystanders with machete for instance, one police officer is sent to the area that stands still and inflicts damage on player. But if we move few buildings away, our blue friends completely forget about everything. But lack of effort has been shown in escort missions, which made me put a fork into my eye sockets. NPCs often stop on walls and lose path. Player has to move backwards to see if escorted person is not stuck. They sometimes don't move at all.

Performance of the game is poor. It's buggy and framerate often decreases.

If most stuff in Postal 3 could be improved, the game would be be better than prequel. We will no longer experience the story of Postal Dude properly, thanks to this crap.
  21. Mar 7, 2012
    created this account, just to let everyone know, how humongously ass this game is. now ive played some pretty **** games in my day, but this one by far exceeds everything in its assness... unbelievable. ive been waiting for this game to come out forever. and then that. major gameplay flaws, unforgiveable bugs, ridiculous hit detection and humour, that can in no way live up to its predecessor. such potential wasted. theyve completely balls'd this one up. no pick up and play here... damn they even made a f**** tutorial and ive almost managed to die there due to this asinine controls. also failed on the second mission bc i ran out of catnip -.- etc....

DO NOT buy this game. i almost s*** my pants when it finally came out... and know? thinking back, i should actually have done that, instead of buying this game
    (ou, and if u already bought it: try to punch someone with ur fist... i dare u... its impossible)
  22. Mar 20, 2012
    Jesus CHRIST, WTF is with Postal III?! What a colossal piece of warthog **** this â
  23. May 13, 2012
    What the hell? I mean, what the hell happened to this game? Bugs make it unplayable and so the characters looks bad :/ Developers, i am disappointed. I though it would be another fun-shooting-destruction game. But NO! Please, don't buy it EVEN if you want to show your friend or review how crappy this game is. The graphics aren't really bad, so that gives this game a small +. Save your money and buy a game like Half Life 2, Gmod, Left 4 dead or Postal 2 and whatever you would like. Hope i helped. Expand
  24. May 23, 2012
    This is the example how a third-party company can ruin everything - style, jokes, game play, all the stuff, if they will have a power. Russia - one, entire world - zero. 1 point for secksy cloth simulation on Source
  25. Mar 7, 2012
    I just do not understand why they keep this sh*t up. If you read my reviews for the first 2, you'll know that these games are just stupid jokes. Now they did the same thing, making it even more cliche and annoying. Kind if like a bad dream.
  26. Mar 17, 2012
    I've been a fan of Postal 2 for years. There's something fantastically fun to go around and just do anything and everything you want without any real-life repercussions. The framerate in that game was at least stable, though the game was buggy and crashed here and there. No matter what problems it had, it always served as a nice way to blow off steam and just have stupid fun.

Postal III
    isn't like that at all. After 9 years, we're "treated" to a game with, frankly, one of the most abysmal framerate issues I've ever seen, tons of screen-tearing, more bugs than a one-star hotel during summer in Florida, innumerable crashes, large amounts of lines pulled straight from the previous game, INCREDIBLY boring gameplay that took away most of the freedom Postal 2 had, worse voice acting than the previous game, and broken mechanics everywhere you look. I tried long as hard (Oh, look! There's a good amount of the game's jokes right there!) to find something fun about this but, rather disappointingly, there were none. If you wanna go postal, get the second game and have yourself a good time.

That is all.
  27. Apr 25, 2012
    Isn't it strange to find some 10's in an ocean of 0's? It makes me wonder if the developers are submitting those 10's, so as to improve their score and influence more to buy the game. The developers are going to go bankrupt for publishing an incomplete idea of a game - do your part and make it happen. Don't buy this game.
  28. May 6, 2012
    I'm usually not too critical on video games, but Postal III is undoubtedly one of the worst games I have ever played. The main selling point of this game is its humor, but nothing in this game is actually funny. The "humor" in this game is about on-par with an episode of South Park, but with less modernity. Also, the campaign gives you a moral choice system. Seeing how this is a Postal game, you're probably going to want to run around and kill everybody. But no, you can't just do that! It's a game about going postal (hence the title), where you can't go insane. Video games like Postal are games where I should be able to go through and kill anybody without any moral repercussions.

Overall, this is a terrible game, and is a worse revival of a series than Duke Nukem Forever.
  29. May 19, 2012
    I can't even believe its a game it some files having some visuals and motion programming .. that's it ..... totally unworthy ..... Screw such developers who dont think atleast twice before developeing the game ............
    ...........
  30. Jun 14, 2012
    This game deserves to be buried in Siberia and burned it has some of the most reckless game play ever it has retarded objectives and bat **** controls
  31. Jul 19, 2012
    Wow... just WOW... They ruined a good game! Only played this because of the name, I loved the postal 2 but this is awful. I remember postal 2 as best game ever. Postal 3 has so many bugs and glitches and what is worst there is NO free roam. Weapons are non-balanced, ect. i would make it to the end with just machete, also you will unlock almost all weapons at begin. Weapons sucks a lot, the effect of gascan is even better in postal 2, I would rate postal 2 (10/10) cause everything is better in postal 2, its enjoyable and with good sense of humor. Expand
  32. Jan 15, 2013
    This game takes everything you liked about postal 2 and removes them. No open world, just a linear path from stage to stage and a meter reminds you if you're bad or nice so you can continue on your straight and boring path. constant cut scenes slow the game down way too much, horrible music on all of the limited tracks and they repeat throughout the game a lot. Bugs don't ruin a game for me but they definitely ruined most the boss fights and some weapons as well. Expand
  33. Apr 21, 2012
    Full of bugs and too much repetitive sadly, even if it has his own "Fun moments" you should get Postal 2, it's better, sort of, and lowest on price, else just save up for something else.
  34. Aug 3, 2012
    Somebody asked me would I play this game once again? I just answered not. In my mind to play this game is foolishly. Now I regret I played this. Postal 3 has some sense of humor but it`s too stupid and frankly. If you could spend your time with playing Postal (2003), now it sucks. Just save your 13$ and you`ll be glad.
  35. Aug 30, 2012
    This is one of the most awful games I saw. Really king of trash games! Bad graphics and sense of humor. I never stop to wonder what kind of people really like it.
  36. Oct 30, 2013
    I give it 1 point for devs having balls to release this game. Its a complete junk and you will be offended right away. Literally there is nothing good and a lot wrong with it. Dont play it!
  37. Mar 1, 2014
    Not made by Running With Scissors But made by Trashmasters and its third person like grand theft auto really and its a xbox 360 and pc really idiots what are thay thinking
  38. May 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Postal 3 is bad game.Trashmasters tried to impress players,but they failed,postal 3 is glitchy,story is very bad,voice acting is bad(only 1 voice actor in russian version),good ending is possible only on good path. Expand
  39. Jun 23, 2014
    I have finished this games good side and bad side, I am not impressed but there good points, that some reviewers did not add, first off the graphics aren't bad for 2011 but the glitches are everywhere, for instance
    my game kept crashing when I threw grenades so i had to look it up on forums.
    The Storyline was nice and the and it had some funny bits which I initially played it for, the
    game had much game breaking glitches which gave a terrible gameplay experience for me.
    If the game had less glitches and graphical errors I would really recommend it for it's humor and story line, but the previous games which were made in-house were better, with less glitches and more varieties what to do, but I guess akella knew thew weren't making a triple A game, and the people at RWS were probably extremely disappointed, Postal III cost the series and RWS probably aren't going to make another postal game.
  40. May 6, 2012

1. Mar 20, 2012
    Postal III is a disappointment: the game shows a very bad technical realization and little respect for civil and ethical tastes.
  2. Mar 2, 2012
    The uninspired gameplay, incoherent narrative, and off-color humor of Postal III result in a game that has clearly passed its expiration date.
  3. Feb 26, 2012
    If you're going to be offensive, you need a point. This has none, either as satire, commentary, videogame or comedy. [Mar 2012, p.118]