Postal III PC

3.1

1. Jan 11, 2012
    This is the first postal game I've played, but I have watched my friends played the previous two and I have to say, save your $40. This game isnt worth it, with so many bugs and long loading time as well some boring quests, it deserves a 5. Basically that's the most annoying part of this game is the loading and walking only a small distance on the map it has graphics rendering issues so itThis is the first postal game I've played, but I have watched my friends played the previous two and I have to say, save your $40. This game isnt worth it, with so many bugs and long loading time as well some boring quests, it deserves a 5. Basically that's the most annoying part of this game is the loading and walking only a small distance on the map it has graphics rendering issues so it freezes. Collapse
  2. Jan 4, 2012
    I am a fan of Postal 2 but starting Postal 3 I had a bad feeling from the beginning which turned out to be an omen for what the game would be like.

The games graphics are good, a definite improvement over the previous game; in which all the humans had doll heads stuck to their bodies. Another change is that they've decided to move to levels with a main mission for each. The missions are

Another change is that they've decided to move to levels with a main mission for each. The missions are fun on paper, but being levels you're constricted to an area. This down plays the previous games "Run around and smash **** up" appeal as you find yourself more focused on the missions due to the constriction.

As I mentioned before the missions are fun on paper but carrying them out isn't that much fun most of the time. The game throws waves and waves of enemies at you and expects you to take cover, (which is the worse implementation I've seen. You'll hide behind low cover only to be standing getting shot) which just doesn't come natural.

Furthermore some of the weapons feel weak and melee attacks feel like your s**tfaced flailing your arms.

The AI is also pretty bad, it mainly runs to its death (although it will take cover and cover fire ocassionally), but your allies are the worst they will litterally shoot you in the face, or either good or bad AI will just stand around doing nothing.

Unlike the second game there is a chance of completing it without killing anyone because of the morality added to the game, I liked how it dictated what missions you would do(even if it is boolean good or bad), but still it leads me to the games main problem (at this time), the bugs.

How about a taser that randomly crashes the game, or not being able to complete a level because a door won't open, not to mention random crashes, lag, sound cutting out (I swear there was a soundtrack you're supposed to listen to in game)

Duke Nukem Forever has been bashed around a lot last year, but I had no problem with that game, I know the problems it had in development, but at the same time I realise I'm probably wearing rose tinted glasses. But not with Postal III. I have to say that it tops Duke Nukem Forever for being bad.

Anyway in summary:

Good//
    Good graphics
    Funny story & mostly interesting mission objectives
    Nice implementing morality although it could be improved (and fixed logically)
    Interesting assortment of weapons

Cover
    Game Design

Buyer beware!
  3. Jan 16, 2012
    I won't say Postal 3 was horrible but I also will not say it was good. The frequent crashing is annoying, the aiming is off, the AI leaves a lot to be desired but at the same time the RWS team still delivers on the humor. I see a future for this game after a couple of more patches and some added content but unless that happens there really isn't much hope for it.
  4. Jan 18, 2012
    I don't understand why people are hating on this game.. Obviously it is seriously flawed with bugs and graphical errors, but over all that, there is still some of that classic postal humor, and it looks pretty nice on the source engine. From me, this game only gets a 7. I would give it an 8 or 9 if they were to implicate free roam and make some bug fixes.
  5. Oct 28, 2012
    I did not get to play Postal 2 yet although it does sound intriguing. My review is based purely on Postal 3 alone. What sold me on the game were the features of acts of violence and crudeness allowed in this game which are fun! However, I dislike having to utilize steam because it's an additional step and login process which I find tedious and annoying and unnecessary for a pc game. I haveI did not get to play Postal 2 yet although it does sound intriguing. My review is based purely on Postal 3 alone. What sold me on the game were the features of acts of violence and crudeness allowed in this game which are fun! However, I dislike having to utilize steam because it's an additional step and login process which I find tedious and annoying and unnecessary for a pc game. I have been fortunate enough where I have never encountered any bugs during or immediately following gameplay, so I can't provide any real input on those sorts of stories. I will, however, say that the actual pace of the game is annoying to me because it's similar to a comic book story where the voiceover is cheesy, sudden, and abrupt. I may be in the middle of an intense action sequence and then all of the fun comes to a halt where I am supposed to learn about some new hotkeys and special attacks I have. I find that the game teaches me how to play it more than actually allows me the fun of playing it. It's like one giant tutorial on how to play the game, with little actual gameplay. Generally it's a fun game, but learning the special moves and whatnot slows it down and forces me to read and learn. I want to actually play continously, beating people up left and right, not sit around listening to the sleezy voiceover. It's still worthwhile for the overall immaturity involved. Expand
  6. Dec 28, 2011
    Fun game and very brutal game! Unfortunately, not become the blockbuster as hoped! Many crashes, too short, too buggy and bad Performence. Perhaps, is created by einenm patch at least for the remedial power: (
  7. May 2, 2012
    Well,I don't know why people complain.Yes,Postal 3 is a very buggy game,yes it has crap graphics,but it has some crude humor,a cover system and many,many gameplay paths.Unfortunately,it was to brutally received.
  8. Mar 17, 2012
    I'm a huge Postal fan so I've played it a few times. Its not as good looking as most games that come out now and its got heaps of bugs but it is a fun game.

As I keep saying "If you don't like it then DON'T PLAY IT" Nobody is forcing you to play it so if you don't like it then don't get it. For fans its a great game, It has a heap of game breaking bugs that badly need fixing. I was

For fans its a great game, It has a heap of game breaking bugs that badly need fixing. I was stuck halfway in the road at one stage. Another was the level just wouldn't end, I also couldn't get up the stares in 1 level. All these are game breakers. Had to stop and reload as there is no way to get past.

Other than the huge amount of bugs it was a fun game. A bit repetitive in the speech but still I enjoyed most of it. I give it an 7/10 as its got so many bugs. I'd give it a 10/10 if it looked better and had no bugs.
  9. Jul 30, 2012
    Postal III is a fun game but it has lot of issues that keep you from enjoying the game, I would wait for this game to go down in price before you get it. Gameplay is not as good as Postal II but it's still fun and the story is entertaining but the bugs drag this game down. Wait for this to go on sale and then buy it or wait for this game to be patched.
  10. May 15, 2012
    I really wanted to love this game I really did. They changed it from the FPS style that Postal had into a third person view which really took away from the appeal that Postal 2 had. The game itself is also very buggy, the devs promised updates to this. The raunchy humor is a bit tuned down in this installment. I gave it 5/10 which is mostly the nostalgia talking. RWS should have just madeI really wanted to love this game I really did. They changed it from the FPS style that Postal had into a third person view which really took away from the appeal that Postal 2 had. The game itself is also very buggy, the devs promised updates to this. The raunchy humor is a bit tuned down in this installment. I gave it 5/10 which is mostly the nostalgia talking. RWS should have just made a updated Postal 2 and they would have made a great game. Expand
  11. Dec 25, 2012
    Yes, i do know, this game has hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of problems, but that's not the reason to hate it. As i highly dobout, people who never played games from the Postal Series will NOT enjoy the game, but they can give a try if they like comedy with a South Park-ish style, I enjoyed the game very much could not stop laughing at any moment of their jokes, but killing peopleYes, i do know, this game has hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of problems, but that's not the reason to hate it. As i highly dobout, people who never played games from the Postal Series will NOT enjoy the game, but they can give a try if they like comedy with a South Park-ish style, I enjoyed the game very much could not stop laughing at any moment of their jokes, but killing people with "sv_cheats 1" is one of the most funny things i saw in a game, but let's talk about the price: is it worth the 49 $? -NO, it's not, wait til the price lowers, altough i liked Postal III, it is not a game that you will remember for life, so do not buy it...... yet

I will not call it the "real" Postal III as i can see that RWS will remake the game by themselves in the future.
  12. Dec 30, 2013
    this game is average, packed with funny elements and stuff, but they should add some exciting background music and increase the graphics. using a funnier tone can make this game more interesting.
  13. Jan 11, 2012

1. Mar 20, 2012
    Postal III is a disappointment: the game shows a very bad technical realization and little respect for civil and ethical tastes.
  2. Mar 2, 2012
    The uninspired gameplay, incoherent narrative, and off-color humor of Postal III result in a game that has clearly passed its expiration date.
  3. Feb 26, 2012
    If you're going to be offensive, you need a point. This has none, either as satire, commentary, videogame or comedy. [Mar 2012, p.118]