6.5

1. Jan 4, 2015
    Postal is one of the most deeply interesting psychological horror games ever made, it made me legitimately question my own morals several times over. It's extremely cheap on Steam and frequently goes on sale for even cheaper so I would recommend picking this up, especially to those interested in human psychology.
  2. Sep 22, 2014
    Deep story, no humor to ruin it (postal 2) and best sounds (death growls) ever. Of course it doesn't work if you play it now expecting it to be 2014 graphics and gameplay but at the time it was best here was.
  3. Oct 2, 2013
    And so it begins.....

And so it begins.....

This is Postal, a game that offends, because it's made to offend. And the point of the game....the title says it all. You play as The Postal Dude, a man who's gone postal for an unknown reason. Maybe he's gotten tired of his run-of-the-mill life and just took off like a rocket? Who knows, but he knows how to make a hell of a scene. The gameplay is fun and simple: you run around and kill people. The game gives you a variety of weapons to choose from and gives you lots of bloody fun, but it's best played in short bursts. This game is very repetitive and you might get bored after an hour or so. The controls are okay, but easier if you map them out yourself(The "suicide" key is especially fun to use).But it would be much better to use a mouse to play, but I got used to it quickly(It's like Resident Evil). While playing the game, you will encounter some offensive comments and last words before NPCs die (like: "Can someone find my ear?" and "Please kill me"), naked people and an ostrich. This game is not for the easily offended and for some, you'll have a blast playing this game. It's definitely worth a try at least.
  4. Mar 4, 2013
    The game is severely hindered by terrible controls. Play the sequel, Postal 2, instead. It has a much wider fanbase and fan support, along with 3d environments, a wide amount of weapons, and a great sense of humor.
  5. Dec 26, 2012
    Although being VERY, but i mean VERY repetitive, it's a game that you don't see everyday..... if you're angry with something on your day, just sit down, and play POSTAL, you'll not be missed by it

Even though the controls MUST be customized in order to play, the action is completely non-stopping, the siren sounds playing on the level and the disturbing psychological messages are just some nostalgic things that you'll never forget in a game.
  6. Nov 5, 2012
    I can't appreciate this game as much as Postal 2 because I didn't play it as it came out. By the time I did play it Postal 2 was already out and was more appealing to me. Although it does have it's charm as an older game, I reckon it would work nicely as an Android game.
  7. Sep 23, 2012
    The worst game I ever saw. Seriously I do not understand people who like this kind of games. Probably they have very twisted sense of humor...........
  8. May 5, 2012
    There is no story, premise, nor any kind of introduction. Before each level, there is a brief sentence that is supposed to give more depth to the reasons behind the murder spree, but they are often too vague and pointless. The controls are absolutely terrible. Aiming is close to impossible, with the keyboard or mouse. It is a matter of holding down the fire key and moving your character inThere is no story, premise, nor any kind of introduction. Before each level, there is a brief sentence that is supposed to give more depth to the reasons behind the murder spree, but they are often too vague and pointless. The controls are absolutely terrible. Aiming is close to impossible, with the keyboard or mouse. It is a matter of holding down the fire key and moving your character in the direction that hopefully your enemies will come across. Movement is slow, sluggish, and clunky. The weapons behave strangely, and there is very little reason to switch between them, especially when some are nearly impossible to shoot with any precision whatsoever. There is simply nothing amusing or interesting in Postal, nor is there any entertainment or amusement value to be gained. It is a game with extremely limited content, and terrible controls that has only been given attention to the vague and boring idea behind it. If you are looking for a game with gratuitous violence without any reasons or story at all, there are many others out there that are far more polished and better executed than this attempt at a unique gaming experience. Postal fails in every possible aspect, even for the mid to late 90s. Expand
  9. Jan 5, 2012
    Postal is a big joke. Not so bad that it is a joke, I mean it literally is just a joke. And you'd save more time watching it's flaws on YouTube than actually going to the store to buy this. Even if you found this funny, it's going to be extremely unplayable... and very forgettable. Don't buy Postal or it's follow ups.. It might just kill us all.
  10. Nov 20, 2011
    Isometric, mindless shooter. Very fun. Running With Scissors 1997 videogame is very fun allowing you to do whatever you please. This game is fantastic.
  11. SomePostalfan
    May 13, 2008
    it is a classic and a different point of view. I had really really fun when i played it and even much more fun with the second one and the points are low because its "politically incorrect" which actually is the best part of it because if you can make fun of such stuff and if everybody makes fun of this stuff than the people who are causing this problems sooner or later will see that whatit is a classic and a different point of view. I had really really fun when i played it and even much more fun with the second one and the points are low because its "politically incorrect" which actually is the best part of it because if you can make fun of such stuff and if everybody makes fun of this stuff than the people who are causing this problems sooner or later will see that what they do is just ridiciolus. Userrating 7.6 critics raiting 56. that means either the critics are biased or the "people" who buy and play this game have a shit of taste and they should read more gamecritics to so they can learn what "good" taste is. Sad just sad. Expand
  12. charliebeadles
    Mar 12, 2008
    okay people... you have to look at how to see games.. you dont have to look at the graphics or quality.. its how u like to play games.. and how you love games.. i think this game is kick ass.. why? because nobody else has the balls to make a game so funny and mean...
  13. TaylorB.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Repetitive as hell.
  14. AnonymousMC
    Jul 11, 2007
    The game is very good and entertaining. You can simply do what you cannot do in real life. Well, not if you're insane anyway. A comment on Shawn's comment. You don't have to kill everything that moves. You just need to kill the hostile ones and move through the levels. There is a number of hostile people, the game just gives you the choice of who to kill. If you want to be aThe game is very good and entertaining. You can simply do what you cannot do in real life. Well, not if you're insane anyway. A comment on Shawn's comment. You don't have to kill everything that moves. You just need to kill the hostile ones and move through the levels. There is a number of hostile people, the game just gives you the choice of who to kill. If you want to be a lunatic, you can be one by killing everything. I've got only one complaint about this game.
    It's just too short for me.
    All in all, it is a very good game that was extremely underrated because of "excessive violence" as the law dogs would call it, when games like Grand Theft Auto go off easy and even get 85 to 100 on some sites. Hypocrisy at it's best.
  15. ShawnH.
    Nov 21, 2005
    Its been years since I played this game, but I still remember having a good time playing it. No brain surgery here, you simply kill every person that moves. The game is played from an isometric view, and the graphics were good for its time. If you're looking for an old school game that only requires twitchy fingers, then this is the one for you.
    Apr 30, 2004
    It is good.
  17. Nov 20, 2011

1. The lack of longevity in the single-player mode and the simplistic multiplayer options make Postal a moderately fun ride, at best.
  2. Postal rates a 64 for disappointing gameplay and general bad judgment in setting the game's focus on the shock value rather than on anything substantial or creative, and for wasting the obvious artistic talents of Postal's designers.
  3. The selling point of Postal is still its best feature - unabashed anarchy and a willingness to go where other games haven't. The gameplay is average; really no new ground is broken, and at its core this is just arcade style action. But the fact remains that Postal has upped the ante as far as what is accepted in the mainstream gaming world.