- Summary: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 centers everything on the ball including how it moves and how players use it. First touch and sublime control are what set certain players apart from others. The ability to not only read a pass, but to be one step ahead and to know what is needed to gain yards on an encroaching defender. Trueball Tech allows the player to trap or knock on a pass using the analogue stick with detailed bar-centric physics determining the weight shift of the player and the height and speed of the pass, as to how the player's body will automatically shape to receive it. The Pro Evolution Soccer series has long since treated the ball as an individual entity, allowing the player huge amounts of freedom to pass into space, run on to a knocked-on counter, or produces short triangular passes to make space. Trueball Tech adds even more freedom, with full 360-degree control within several yards around the player and the ability to shield the ball from opposing players, use deft controls to wrong-foot them, and intuitive methods to master close control.… Expand
Sep 24, 2013Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 is a little disappointing - we were expecting a huge revolution, and what we got is just a beginning of a revolution (and not that perfect, to be honest). The game offers lots of fun, is difficult enough and stays on the simulation side, but lots of technical issues truly test the player's patience. There are many steps in the right direction, but at the same time there are lots of steps back.
Sep 25, 2013I was looking forward to the new Fox-Engine as a foundation, but the next big step for the series is just not there. Instead of reaching a new level the gameplay is hindered by the teams’ problems with the engine, resulting in bugs and loads of minor flaws. That’s a shame, because the core mechanics are better than ever.
Nov 1, 2013This game is based on the Fox Engine and it's a great leap forward for the PES series by KONAMI after a good PES 13.
PES 14 has all the 3 major continental competitions from Americas, Europe and Asia, which is a big plus for me as I really like to discover new teams and players and to expand my football database.
PES 14 adds 5 more leagues to the game, thus enhancing the Football Life experience.
PES 14 has great graphics and improved gameplay.
For me, after PES 6, the king of PES series, PES 14 is second best !
Good job, KONAMI … Expand
Nov 1, 2013plz konami call jenkey
he is always genius he made atool that fix all of your bugs from pes 2010
and now at 2014 he is the king of it and without this tool game is sluggish
plz deal with him to fix the online playing 2014 is the first and the last year for me to buy the original game as online playing have bad response and alot of bugs so i hate online playing and play normal matches only with jenkey tool… Expand
Nov 12, 2013good graphics, nice engine (definitely a step forward), good animations, best football game imho, but when u see a keeper refusing to stop a slow ball going inside, or watching how the ball's out for corner instead of taking it, u wanna die. They removed a lot of good features, the passing is lame, and dont make me get started with the refree..., really, japanese have no f****** idea about football, why they keep making footbal games?… Expand
Oct 13, 2013I used be a great fan of PES and was really disheartened when FIFA overtook them in gameplay terms a few years back. This new season had so much promise with a new engine, updates all round and Konami seemingly could take the lead again.
How wrong I was as this is the worst sports game ever, period.
The sluggish controls, dimwitted AI (have played XBLA sports games with better AI than this), an interface that gives litterally no information about what stats your players have so picking a team is impossible and other stupidity that makes everything just feel like it´s put together by a group of 11 year olds.
I can honestly say that if a reviewer has given this pile higher than a 1, you are either a blind EA hater or haven´t play´d this game at all.
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.… Expand
Nov 14, 2013Another poor edition of PES another year for FIFA. Good: - Graphics, seems to be better than last PES. Bad: - Game play is really slow, doesn't seem to be real football, FIFA is light years from PES.
- Where is the goalkeepers AI? Its PES 2014 !!!!!
- Player faces, what happens here, only a couple of players are similar.
- Online, most of the time really lagged.
- Less features than previous PES
- No Pre purchase in steam (Thanks god haha)
- Two month to be on steam and 59USD ????
- No steam works
- No steam cloud
Always making the same errors.
Your best choice, go again with FIFA this year.… Expand