Puzzle Quest: Galactrix PC

6.7

1. RickyS
    Feb 26, 2009
    I am a big fan of the first puzzle quest, and after a few hours of one on one time with Galactrix I can safely say the new iteration does not disappoint. At first I was a bit shaken by the new puzzle game mechanics, but after some time I grew accustom to them, and began to under stand why they changed the setup. The new system is provides the player with more options for strategic moves, I am a big fan of the first puzzle quest, and after a few hours of one on one time with Galactrix I can safely say the new iteration does not disappoint. At first I was a bit shaken by the new puzzle game mechanics, but after some time I grew accustom to them, and began to under stand why they changed the setup. The new system is provides the player with more options for strategic moves, not only can the piece move in 6 directions rather than 4, the way the pieces fall also changes. The big WOW moment was the first time i opened my galactic map, the number of systems is truly epic, each system with 3-6 'planets'. The only gripe I have with the game is the system to open jump gates. It requires you to match certain colors in a certain order, with a limited amount of time. Because of the time limit, it feels more like luck than skill. I found myself restarting the puzzle two or three times until I found one where the first 5 colors were easily matched. Expand

1. Puzzle Quest: Galactrix does an admirable job of trying to hold your interest for a lengthy puzzle game, but it has a weak story, the AI feels cheap, an aggravating hacking game and the extremely weak multiplayer drag down the experience.
  2. Puzzle Quest: Galactrix is a true sequel of Challenge of the Warlords and it has only a big problem: the developer really can't add any major element to the already perfect gameplay. It's an addictive game with an over the top sense of fun.
  3. It’s not Peggle-addictive, but there’s depth beyond the casual puzzle game.