9.1

1. Oct 31, 2013
    I've been racing on-line since 95 and by far Simbin has produced the finest Racing Game I've played. One glitch that needs to be worked out is downloading car set ups, it fails to connect to server for shared setups. I would like to find a USA league to race with.
  2. Aug 8, 2013
    For the price, there is not any other game on the market that keeps me this entertained. The overall performance of the game is worthy of a 10/10 score from me.
  3. AWG
    Jul 25, 2013
    What the heck is this? RACE 07 is barely playable. Tracks are terrible and car handling is just... just... I don't have a word that's not a swear to describe it. This game could be good back in 2007 but now it's just rubbish.
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very great game custom skin and lot of custom mod !
    Awsome :)
    Thanks Simbin it"s a good game :)
    Your review must be at least 150 characters long
  5. May 21, 2013
    Wow! Amazingly satisfying driving experience. So real! Its year 2013, yet I enjoyed this sim more than the following newer titles: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit & Forza Horizon. Strangely, I get no satisfaction playing the newer arcade games. Cars slide all over the place, with no hit of realism. Nice music and exciting cut-scenes cannot replace the proper physics engine of RACE 07. WhileWow! Amazingly satisfying driving experience. So real! Its year 2013, yet I enjoyed this sim more than the following newer titles: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit & Forza Horizon. Strangely, I get no satisfaction playing the newer arcade games. Cars slide all over the place, with no hit of realism. Nice music and exciting cut-scenes cannot replace the proper physics engine of RACE 07. While its true this older game is rather boring, but it feels good for short driving stints. It makes you feel like your inputs on the controller/wheel is translated into real-world reactions from the car & tires. You feel every slide and bump on the road. In contrast, the newer arcady title provides next-to-no feedback or sensation driving them. I'm looking forward to the next Forza and GT6. Expand
  6. Aug 15, 2012
    What Half-Life is to first person shooters, I believe Race07 is to racers. It's a mild, simple racing simulator, that's not too hard and not too easy. It doesn't bank on ridiculous features to entertain, and it has no codemasters style permanent color scheme. It's not the most user friendly(menus, settings, and pitstops), and does take awhile to get used to(handling and all). But racingWhat Half-Life is to first person shooters, I believe Race07 is to racers. It's a mild, simple racing simulator, that's not too hard and not too easy. It doesn't bank on ridiculous features to entertain, and it has no codemasters style permanent color scheme. It's not the most user friendly(menus, settings, and pitstops), and does take awhile to get used to(handling and all). But racing with a wheel, for those that enjoy racing, is engaging enough to play race after race of. AI can be challenging when you're on 95% difficulty, however they are hopeless at overtaking, and will unintentionally ram you if you slow down. Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2011
    Very good game. Play with a wheel of course.

Better online netcode than GTR² but different cars and circuit. I always thopught the graphics seemed almost like a step back from GTR².

Very enjoyable in leagues.
  8. Nov 8, 2011
    Great racing sim. For what it lacks in graphics it makes up in game-play. Thank you for not including silly career mode and silly currencies...
    It runs like a dream on current machines and is very playable on-line. Unlike everyone's favourite - GT5.
    TrackIR support is a nice touch.
    If they would release more DLCs I would gladly buy them... It would be a pleasure to support such developers.
  9. Oct 27, 2011
    Great choice for someone who searches for a pure simulation. Just get a gamepad or - even better - a wheel, and you can sit and enjoy the challenging racing.
  10. Aug 17, 2011
    Only for die hard racing fans. I mean, yes, there are all kinds of assists in this game but let`s be frank. No arcade kiddy will try this game more than once. The graphics are outdated and never look as good as in the trailers showed by Simbin. There is no career style play like say SHIFT, GT or FM. It`s just racing : season, time attack and multiplayer. Even for an experienced gamer, thisOnly for die hard racing fans. I mean, yes, there are all kinds of assists in this game but let`s be frank. No arcade kiddy will try this game more than once. The graphics are outdated and never look as good as in the trailers showed by Simbin. There is no career style play like say SHIFT, GT or FM. It`s just racing : season, time attack and multiplayer. Even for an experienced gamer, this game can get really hard at times. It is as realistic as it gets. You won`t do drifting here as much as slamming into a concrete wall. Offline play doesn`t give much incentive to go on, though there are plenty of nice tracks and cars to drive on and in. This game really shines in online leagues, where other sim racing fans gather. You can tune the car to hell and back. The interiors are well made. The sounds are very good and immersive.If you ever wanted to see how it is to drive a WTCC car and don`t own one, this is the closest thing to it. Collapse
  11. HuggieP
    Oct 25, 2009
    Fantastic game, great for the beginner to the advanced race enthusiast.
  12. KK
    Oct 16, 2009
    Great game. Very realistic and is even better than its predecessor, GTR2.
  13. VictorF.
    Jul 12, 2009
    WOW what a game great racng and so real , great job Simbin . Love the tracks and cars great detail. This game is #1 thanks for making it.
  14. NeXt-CenturyeSports
    Apr 19, 2009
    Besides the few minor critical errors in the game out dated tracks bad working tracks (for example Zandvoort club where you're car is getting deeper and deeper in the black hole on the track in the practice part of the championship, it is a great game but as others already said some minor updates are needed.
  15. ChristopherS.
    Jan 12, 2008
    Overall a very good game. The physics and AI are still the best in the industry however the graphics engine is really starting to show its age. Motion blurring, reflective track surfaces and blinding sun effects would really help spice things up a bit.
  16. ScottH.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Awesome fun, maybe not ultimately the best race sim out there but this is loads of fun, and just driving a car you can relate to makes it all the more enjoyable. Still needs a little tweeking to make it a REALLY great game (seems to run a little more juddery since the last update which bugs me a tad) but it's getting there...... a really good way to immerse yourself in racing for a Awesome fun, maybe not ultimately the best race sim out there but this is loads of fun, and just driving a car you can relate to makes it all the more enjoyable. Still needs a little tweeking to make it a REALLY great game (seems to run a little more juddery since the last update which bugs me a tad) but it's getting there...... a really good way to immerse yourself in racing for a weekend. After a long wait, this has replaced GPL as my fave racing game. Good work guys, keep it up! Expand
  17. NicholasK.
    Nov 20, 2007
    It's amazing game built on proven ISI engine. Realistic physics, good graphics and AI. But some times FPS drops too low (from 70 to 20). I hope it will be fixed.
  18. StewartC.
    Oct 28, 2007
    I have played GTR 2, rfactor, and live for speed and for me, Race 07 is the best sim for handling. With the others once your back end moves that is it but with Race 07 you can correct just like in real life. This shows in the racing which is close and compettitive. For me it is the best yet and I am looking forward to the full game.
  19. UKFireman
    Oct 20, 2007
    Amazing racing experience, great graphics, good online. as good as GTR 2/ GT Legends + rFactor. A must buy for race sim fans.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Compared to GTR1+2 and GTL, in Race 07 the cars' handling is somewhat arcadeish. Maybe it's because most of them are FWD but even RWD cars like the E90 are not too challenging. I would compare Race 07's Pro mode to GTRx's amateur mode at best - great if you want a good start into real race simulations, but enthusiasts and pros definetely will miss the final grain of Compared to GTR1+2 and GTL, in Race 07 the cars' handling is somewhat arcadeish. Maybe it's because most of them are FWD but even RWD cars like the E90 are not too challenging. I would compare Race 07's Pro mode to GTRx's amateur mode at best - great if you want a good start into real race simulations, but enthusiasts and pros definetely will miss the final grain of challenge. Expand
  21. Uff
    Oct 18, 2007
    Race 07 is an interesting title, but its engine starts to look to old. New tracks are beautiful to see, old ones some times are simply outdated. AI and damage system need major improvement: by now it's quite sad to see half of the car crashing at turn1 under heavy rain... At least the game is good to drive and seems to have a very good online code, but it needs big improvements in Race 07 is an interesting title, but its engine starts to look to old. New tracks are beautiful to see, old ones some times are simply outdated. AI and damage system need major improvement: by now it's quite sad to see half of the car crashing at turn1 under heavy rain... At least the game is good to drive and seems to have a very good online code, but it needs big improvements in all the other aspects. Let's hope for some patches. Expand
  22. DavidK.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Just as in-depth and detailed as GTR/GTR². Pure, solid, unadulterated simulation greatness!
  23. OrenM.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Very accessible for beginners and demanding for hard core gamers.
  24. RacerX
    Oct 10, 2007
    The hardcore roots still show in the set-up screens - but they're relatively easy to navigate through and the payoff is well-worth it. Steering wheel works best - but you can still get excellent results from a gamepad. Race 07 ranks right up there as one of the best racing simulations I've ever played.
  25. JoaquinL.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Race 07 is an unbelievable racing Sim. The realism that's in the game and the different city tracks and circuits are amazing. I personally liked racing my Alta Romeo from the WTCC 87 Championship in every track available.
  26. MarkB.
    Oct 10, 2007
    This game is so real-like. I have the driving wheel for the game and I love that it steers like a real racing wheel and the clutch is as sensitive as a racing clutch. Great simulation.
  27. KevinK.
    Oct 10, 2007
    The graphics for the game are amazing and the simulation keeps me on my toes as a driver. I slacked off a few time and end up against the wall!!
  28. Aug 17, 2011

This is likely where Papyrus would be, had the company survived -- and that says a ton.
  2. I really do like Race 07: Official WTCC Game. In the modern group of racers, it's a breath of fresh air to find a game that does exactly what it says it will on the box. A wealth of options, tonnes of cars and enough tracks to keep even hardcore racers busy for months, coupled with a true feeling of real driving gives Race 07 something that no other racer has.
  3. Hardcore racing-sim fans will get the most out of this game. For the arcade-racing crowd or casual gamer, the tedious logistics of practice sessions and qualifying rounds may be too much to handle.