1. BarryD.
    Jun 3, 2007
    Although much improved feature-wise over its predecessors, there is a lack of focus on railways. It is quite simple to gain a boatload of money by buying industries and not laying any tracks except to complete the goal. Otherwise, a good game, especially with the more realistic economy.
  2. J.F.M.
    Nov 8, 2003
    Ok, Cool graphics and a better Economic Model are Great, but the availible maps and senarios are very poor. Where is the US Map? Where is the Transcontenantle senario? I also wish they had spent more time improving the RR operations model.
  3. GS
    Oct 30, 2003
    Looks great, plays much like it's predecessors (a GOOD thing) with some enhancements. As a downside, I've experienced occasional crashes to the desktop and corrupted save files. Let's hope they fix it soon!
  4. Dec 2, 2013
    Nice graphics but this game is too easy.
    Can be fun at beginning, but after you'll learn now to's even easier than RT2.

Best thing in this game is...window mode.
    This is allowing me to play poker during game :D

1. Few business games currently on the market are as enjoyable as this one.
  2. I'm a big believer in the theory a great game always has that "just one more game" feeling, and Railroad Tycoon 3 delivers that in spades.
  3. The game is much more accessible and deeper at the same time, but doesn’t force too much simplicity or complexity on anyone. In those regards, it’s perfect.