8.3

1. Aug 19, 2013
    never tried a rayman game before but this one is outstanding the game play is fun and challenging and with amazing art and music this game is a masterpiece
  2. Nov 20, 2013
    As far as platformer games go, this is one of the best I've played in a very long time… The animations are superb, the environments are incredible, the menus are all well presented and the character selections are vast. I wasn't overly optimistic about Rayman becoming a 2.5D side scroll game as a supposed to the 3D adventure style of the past, but it truly was a fantastic gaming experience. The only gripes I have with the game comes down to some of the truly unnecessary difficult moments near the end, every single move during certain segments has to be performed point perfect, it felt like BIT.TRIP.RUNNER but overall it was an awesome game! Expand
  3. Jul 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I tend to avoid giving games perfect scores, mostly because it implies that I'm a fanboy, but also because no game is perfect. In Rayman Origins' case, I really can't find anything in it worth criticising. In anyone else's hands, RO could've been a visually confusing and frustrating mess, but in Michael Ancel's case, it instead turns out to be a near flawless masterpiece of 2D plat forming. I do have some minor gripes though: the soundtrack can sometimes get repetitive, such as the music at the end of each level can sometimes grate but it's hardly game-breaking. The game is a console port, but the controls themselves feel quite intuitive and the feel of the game diminishes these issues. It can become trial & error fairly often, but since it's such a joy to play and listen to, I didn't really care. The fact that this game (along with all of Ancel's games) has sold quite poorly seems almost tragic, so if you're in the mood for something that'll liven your spirit and provide an anti-dote to LIMBO's grim atmosphere, get Rayman Origins! Expand
  4. Feb 28, 2013
    Wonderful adventure with Rayman.
  5. Apr 22, 2012
    I think fans of the series certainly glad that now appears to refresh the first of this series. The game is similar to the predecessors to this show cool climate with an interesting and extensive campaign coop. Despite these advantages, however, play something else. Ubisoft placed on the total childishness (as large as the "Rayme") to that in a little Try to refresh the brand is so important. The game still is fun but not as I first parts ... my assessment-high 8/10 Expand
  6. Mar 29, 2012
    HA! I never thought I'd have THIS MUCH FUN! Definitely matched Rayman 2 in terms of greatness. Soundtrack? Sheesh guy, it was HOT! Artwork? Beautiful, All in all, I was playing a masterpiece.
  7. Apr 4, 2012
    This is the first game I preordered and I have been too buy too play the game but I'm 30 minutes in and I have to say it's pretty fun. I love the soundtrack and I got a free copy of Rayman 2 with the preorder. Now that's awesome.
  8. Mar 29, 2012
    Outstanding visual design, great music, goofy story and sense of humor plus precise controls and just simple plain fun throughout make Rayman Origins a sublime platformer in a gaming world obsessed with online shooters. It's a MUST!
  9. Aug 14, 2012
    Beautiful graphics, very rough levels, some funny moments, and plenty of levels. I have not encountered any bugs that stood out like a sore thumb, was happy with the DRM free goodness. I cannot think of any serious downsides other than maybe redundancy and frustratingly difficult levels.
  10. Apr 30, 2012
    The artwork and music are terrific, but the I didn't find the game play to be very much fun, and I thought the animations looked terrible. I guess this just isn't my cup of tea.
  11. Jul 22, 2013
    The best platformer ever made in my opinion an absolute must have for any gamer who grew up playing donkey kong country mario etc etc i really hope they release rayman legends on the pc platform because i will buy it day one this game is absolutly amazing buy it
  12. Jan 25, 2013
    Disney quality music and animation, or better, marred by meat-boy difficulty. I've never seen a game with so many opportunities for instant-death. Repeating the same sequence a bazillion times is not entertaining. I really want to like this game, but I always feel like throwing my controller at something five minutes in.
  13. Jan 6, 2013
    This game is good for kids alone but not the best game ever.
    BUT, with 2,3 or 4 players this game is very, very FUN !
    Beautiful, handy and inventive is the perfect game for the whole family !
  14. Mar 29, 2012
    Rayman Origins is return to the original 2D Rayman which i presonally consider the best part of the series. Long waiting in Rayman series for sure paid off in this part.
  15. Mar 10, 2013
    This extremely fresh masterpiece is a perfect example of what a modern day 2D platformer should be. Rayman Origins is an inspired game disguised as a flash cartoon which anyone can enjoy.
  16. Apr 3, 2012
    Think back to your favorite childhood cartoon. That's what Rayman Origins is like. Beautiful visuals with a great art style and animations, music that fits perfectly into the audiovisual experience, quirky and entertaining characters, a level design that is easy to learn and hard to master (if you're after high scores) and an up to four player co-op mode to play with family or friends. And on top of that the PC version comes entirely without intrusive DRM, third party software or other annoying anti piracy measures and costs less than most other full size games. There are only a few games I keep in the back of my head to show my children if I ever have some, and this is definitely one of them. Expand
  17. Mar 29, 2012
    A perfect game for families.

I purchased this game at Christmas for my boys, who are 3 and 4 years old. They have been playing it for 4 months now with no sign of getting bored of it. Because the game is cooperative, both of them are always playing together which means no waiting around. Throughout January I was getting past most of the hard stuff for them, but now my 3 year old has
    exceeded my skill level at the game... and I'm a gamer. At first I thought he was some kind of videogame savant, but I now realize that it's just an amazing game that keeps kids and adults completely engaged having fun together. The game also allows you to beat each other up along the way making for some hilarious mishaps.

The game is the most polished platformer I've played since Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World. However, I would dare to say that Rayman Origins takes the title as the greatest platformer ever created. The designers have included the kitchen sink, but it all melds together perfectly. It's difficulty ramp is perfect, the animations are mind blowing & blend together absolutely seemlessly, it's funny, the music is amazing, it's innovative, it's polished, the graphics are total eye candy, the painted backgrounds are beautiful, and best of all: it's somehow just as fun for adults as it is for children. In a world where video games have turned into a cult of the new, with sequel after uninspiring sequel, this game stands alone as something that game development houses used to stand for. Though the game has only sold a few hundred thousand copies, I strongly believe that it will still be selling 50 years from now, as it is honestly EVERYTHING that anyone could ever ask from a platformer and more.
  18. Mar 31, 2012
    Awesome art style,classic,fun Rayman gameplay,and great soundtrack.One of the best platformers I have played for years.Overall,it's a great game.Fun to play Co-op as well.
  19. Apr 3, 2012
    Stunning graphics, fantastic soundtrack, tight controls, excellent level design, amusing and whimsical storyline... You owe it to yourself to buy this.
  20. May 7, 2012
    Beautiful aesthetics, silky smooth animations, wacky soundtrack and fast paced chaotic platforming staying true to the original rayman game. One of my favorite games last year and the PC version is just as good, with surprising lack of DRM from Ubisoft
  21. Apr 22, 2013
    Simply the finest platformer I've had the pleasure of playing. The engine is remarkable, all the assets (art, music, animation) are remarkably well-made, cute and clean and consistent. The scoring and difficulty are perfect and in local co-op it really shines. With some gamepads, it's a beautiful and fun kid-friendly game. One of the favorite games I have on Steam.
  22. Jun 1, 2013
    An amazing and unique platformer. I've always enjoyed Rayman games, and this was no exception. The game is packed with content in the highest form of quality from gameplay to music to the graphics. If only there were more games like this on the PC. Also, the difficulty of the game was perfectly integrated, it suits both casual and intense gamers.
  23. Mar 16, 2013
    This is by the far the best platformer I've ever played, ad even one of the best games. It looks and plays amazingly, the gameplay is inventive, and the fun feel it has is great. This game will keep you playing for hours with tons of levels, replayability, and secret areas.
  24. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing visuals, pleasant level themes. After 1-2 hours some levels become too challenging for a first playthrough. And second, and third... I like challenging games, but that doesn't mean I like games in which I have to memorize the levels AND have extremely little control flexibility in order to beat them. Sorry. The fun factor weakened.
    Update: I played a little more until I came to a
    mech-themed level in which I died between 100 and 200 times. Then came a boss to which I died 10 times before hitting him the first time. I uninstalled the game.
    I am a person who likes Mario-like games, I completed Super Mario World and the two Galaxy games with all stars (for comparison). This one has become mere frustration.
  25. Apr 28, 2012
    The Canadian government can be proud of co-funding such an excellent piece of art! All games should be of such superior, flawless, beautiful quality.

I hope they will make a version for kids one day, a version that's a bit less hard.
  26. May 26, 2012
    Brilliant,just brilliant! I have no words...a returning to origins...the 2d graphic,the sound,this game is truly a masterpiece of art,talent and skill!
  27. Feb 8, 2014
    I'm unsure how this game has been rated so highly. The game doesn't compete with new platformers like Mark of the Ninja which are just put together a lot better. The game has a couple of bugs on scripted events, check points can be far too far apart and with no manual save this is an issue. Also the game is 10-14 hours long all said and done which is just too long for a very average platformer with no story to speak of. Expand
  28. Nov 30, 2013
    Best and most nice 2D platformer game on game console since Crash Bandicoot really, if you have kid, friends or you are interested in nice graphic and challinging game THIS IS YOUR CHOICE! :D
  29. Mar 30, 2012
    Piece of S**t, dont buy it..............i found it utterly boring, simple and mediocre. The soundtrack was just ok, and there are problems with character control. Overall the game doesn't worth it.
  30. Apr 12, 2012
    Above all I have to say the presentation is amazing. Firstly comes an artwork, then an excellent game. Also the difficulty curve is pretty good.You would not feel too frustrated if only for a fluid experience, yet so many possibilities to be discovered. GJ OST & 2D drawing.

1. Jun 28, 2012
    A well-written story could have transformed Rayman Origins into a beautiful fairytale. Without it, it's an incredibly fun ride and a great party game.
  2. May 16, 2012
    Rayman Origins re-introduces an intense freshness to a genre that many gamers chose to remember by a couple of well-known brand names that monopolize interest… and the rest consider long dead. It delivers many hours of pure fun (and some discomfort for completionists) and does that in the best way possible. [May 2012]
  3. Apr 27, 2012