8.4

1. Aug 19, 2013
    never tried a rayman game before but this one is outstanding the game play is fun and challenging and with amazing art and music this game is a masterpiece
  2. Mar 18, 2015
    One of the best platforming games in the recent years, period. Awesome level designs, great gameplay, pretty good length,, fun bosses, shooting mosquito passages and tough chest challenges. The game is really tough to 100% solo. You can't go wrong with this one.
    In my opinion, it is better than Legends despite the fact that Legends contain 2/3 levels from this game. The reason is that the Back to Origins levels are modified and made much easier.
  3. Nov 20, 2013
    As far as platformer games go, this is one of the best I've played in a very long time… The animations are superb, the environments are incredible, the menus are all well presented and the character selections are vast. I wasn't overly optimistic about Rayman becoming a 2.5D side scroll game as a supposed to the 3D adventure style of the past, but it truly was a fantastic gamingAs far as platformer games go, this is one of the best I've played in a very long time… The animations are superb, the environments are incredible, the menus are all well presented and the character selections are vast. I wasn't overly optimistic about Rayman becoming a 2.5D side scroll game as a supposed to the 3D adventure style of the past, but it truly was a fantastic gaming experience. The only gripes I have with the game comes down to some of the truly unnecessary difficult moments near the end, every single move during certain segments has to be performed point perfect, it felt like BIT.TRIP.RUNNER but overall it was an awesome game! Expand
  4. Jul 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I tend to avoid giving games perfect scores, mostly because it implies that I'm a fanboy, but also because no game is perfect. In Rayman Origins' case, I really can't find anything in it worth criticising. In anyone else's hands, RO could've been a visually confusing and frustrating mess, but in Michael Ancel's case, it instead turns out to be a near flawless masterpiece of 2D plat forming. I do have some minor gripes though: the soundtrack can sometimes get repetitive, such as the music at the end of each level can sometimes grate but it's hardly game-breaking. The game is a console port, but the controls themselves feel quite intuitive and the feel of the game diminishes these issues. It can become trial & error fairly often, but since it's such a joy to play and listen to, I didn't really care. The fact that this game (along with all of Ancel's games) has sold quite poorly seems almost tragic, so if you're in the mood for something that'll liven your spirit and provide an anti-dote to LIMBO's grim atmosphere, get Rayman Origins! Expand
  5. Mar 29, 2012
    HA! I never thought I'd have THIS MUCH FUN! Definitely matched Rayman 2 in terms of greatness. Soundtrack? Sheesh guy, it was HOT! Artwork? Beautiful, All in all, I was playing a masterpiece.
  6. Apr 22, 2012
    I think fans of the series certainly glad that now appears to refresh the first of this series. The game is similar to the predecessors to this show cool climate with an interesting and extensive campaign coop. Despite these advantages, however, play something else. Ubisoft placed on the total childishness (as large as the "Rayme") to that in a little Try to refresh the brand is soI think fans of the series certainly glad that now appears to refresh the first of this series. The game is similar to the predecessors to this show cool climate with an interesting and extensive campaign coop. Despite these advantages, however, play something else. Ubisoft placed on the total childishness (as large as the "Rayme") to that in a little Try to refresh the brand is so important. The game still is fun but not as I first parts ... my assessment-high 8/10 Expand
  7. Feb 28, 2013
    Wonderful adventure with Rayman.
  8. Aug 14, 2012
    Beautiful graphics, very rough levels, some funny moments, and plenty of levels. I have not encountered any bugs that stood out like a sore thumb, was happy with the DRM free goodness. I cannot think of any serious downsides other than maybe redundancy and frustratingly difficult levels.
  9. Apr 4, 2012
    This is the first game I preordered and I have been too buy too play the game but I'm 30 minutes in and I have to say it's pretty fun. I love the soundtrack and I got a free copy of Rayman 2 with the preorder. Now that's awesome.
  10. Dec 7, 2015
    This game is definitelly 10 out of 10, however there's a newer better version called Rayman Legends that has all Origins levels in it so you are better off buying Rayman Legends instead.
  11. Apr 30, 2012
    The artwork and music are terrific, but the I didn't find the game play to be very much fun, and I thought the animations looked terrible. I guess this just isn't my cup of tea.
  12. Jul 22, 2013
    The best platformer ever made in my opinion an absolute must have for any gamer who grew up playing donkey kong country mario etc etc i really hope they release rayman legends on the pc platform because i will buy it day one this game is absolutly amazing buy it
  13. Mar 29, 2012
    Outstanding visual design, great music, goofy story and sense of humor plus precise controls and just simple plain fun throughout make Rayman Origins a sublime platformer in a gaming world obsessed with online shooters. It's a MUST!
  14. Jan 25, 2013
    Disney quality music and animation, or better, marred by meat-boy difficulty. I've never seen a game with so many opportunities for instant-death. Repeating the same sequence a bazillion times is not entertaining. I really want to like this game, but I always feel like throwing my controller at something five minutes in.
  15. Jun 1, 2013
    An amazing and unique platformer. I've always enjoyed Rayman games, and this was no exception. The game is packed with content in the highest form of quality from gameplay to music to the graphics. If only there were more games like this on the PC. Also, the difficulty of the game was perfectly integrated, it suits both casual and intense gamers.
  16. Jan 6, 2013
    This game is good for kids alone but not the best game ever.
    BUT, with 2,3 or 4 players this game is very, very FUN !
    Beautiful, handy and inventive is the perfect game for the whole family !
  17. Aug 7, 2014
    Sweet mother of monkey milk, I love this game. It's gorgeous-looking, it's wonderful-sounding, and it's pure fun platforming. Each level is perfect with the just the right difficulty, great replayability, and fun beat em' up action that is melded into the platforming in a seemingly effortless way. This is platforming perfection. It's so good to have Rayman back!
  18. Aug 19, 2016
    Un dibujo animado interactivo con una jugabilidad similar al primer Rayman de PS1, el único problema es que en ciertas ocasiones se ralentiza un poco. En lo personal prefiero los juegos de plataformas en 2D como en la época de los 16 bits y esto es un aire fresco mezclado con nostalgia que da como resultado un juego muy entretenido.
  19. Mar 29, 2012
    A perfect game for families.

A perfect game for families.

I purchased this game at Christmas for my boys, who are 3 and 4 years old. They have been playing it for 4 months now with no sign of getting bored of it. Because the game is cooperative, both of them are always playing together which means no waiting around. Throughout January I was getting past most of the hard stuff for them, but now my 3 year old has exceeded my skill level at the game... and I'm a gamer. At first I thought he was some kind of videogame savant, but I now realize that it's just an amazing game that keeps kids and adults completely engaged having fun together. The game also allows you to beat each other up along the way making for some hilarious mishaps.

The game is the most polished platformer I've played since Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World. However, I would dare to say that Rayman Origins takes the title as the greatest platformer ever created. The designers have included the kitchen sink, but it all melds together perfectly. It's difficulty ramp is perfect, the animations are mind blowing & blend together absolutely seemlessly, it's funny, the music is amazing, it's innovative, it's polished, the graphics are total eye candy, the painted backgrounds are beautiful, and best of all: it's somehow just as fun for adults as it is for children. In a world where video games have turned into a cult of the new, with sequel after uninspiring sequel, this game stands alone as something that game development houses used to stand for. Though the game has only sold a few hundred thousand copies, I strongly believe that it will still be selling 50 years from now, as it is honestly EVERYTHING that anyone could ever ask from a platformer and more.
  20. Nov 14, 2015
    Had a blast with this game. Fun for all ages. Although lacking graphics (from Legends atleast) It's still a fun experience to go through. You can unlock characters but are just reskins of Rayman, Globox and the Teensies. MUST BUY
  21. Mar 29, 2012
    Rayman Origins is return to the original 2D Rayman which i presonally consider the best part of the series. Long waiting in Rayman series for sure paid off in this part.
  22. Mar 10, 2013
    This extremely fresh masterpiece is a perfect example of what a modern day 2D platformer should be. Rayman Origins is an inspired game disguised as a flash cartoon which anyone can enjoy.
  23. Dec 21, 2016
    Super fun game. Hilarious plot (the badguy's motivation behind starting the chaos is that Rayman and his friends were snoring too loud). Who knew that it was possible to make a playable slapstick cartoon? Super high def cartoon sprites are nice to look at. Level design is pretty decent. It's no Mario, but then again Mario isn't hilarious.
  24. Nov 19, 2014
    A visually gorgeous platformer. Rayman Origins is challenging without being unforgiving, and boasts some varied and truly fantastic level design. Surprisingly lengthy to boot!
  25. Oct 26, 2016
    It's great.It plays a lot like the new 3d mario games,the difference being that the controls in Rayman are much more responsive and flow much better.The platforming itself is also much more rewarding,and the deaths are less frustrating because when you die,you respawn right away,and you have infinite lives.The game's still challenging,though.You'll die a lot in the later portions,but IIt's great.It plays a lot like the new 3d mario games,the difference being that the controls in Rayman are much more responsive and flow much better.The platforming itself is also much more rewarding,and the deaths are less frustrating because when you die,you respawn right away,and you have infinite lives.The game's still challenging,though.You'll die a lot in the later portions,but I reckon you won't mind.Also,the game's art style just brims with charm,looking exactly like what a deranged french person on acid would make.The biggest issue with the game is the sound;it's filled to the brim with annoying gibberish speech,annoying sound effects and music that wouldn't feel out of place in a miniclip game. Expand
  26. Sep 15, 2016
    I sincerely have nothing to complain about it!
    The game is great, at all points, the gameplay, the '"flow", level design, the graphics, animations, everything! Very good for kids and families, easy to play, and although kid-friendly, it's not just for kids, the game is great! I Played it and i LOVED it! I recommend it a lot, it's a hell of a fun experience for a "low" price!
  27. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing visuals, pleasant level themes. After 1-2 hours some levels become too challenging for a first playthrough. And second, and third... I like challenging games, but that doesn't mean I like games in which I have to memorize the levels AND have extremely little control flexibility in order to beat them. Sorry. The fun factor weakened.
    Update: I played a little more until I came to a
    Update: I played a little more until I came to a mech-themed level in which I died between 100 and 200 times. Then came a boss to which I died 10 times before hitting him the first time. I uninstalled the game.
    I am a person who likes Mario-like games, I completed Super Mario World and the two Galaxy games with all stars (for comparison). This one has become mere frustration.
  28. Oct 9, 2017
    It's one of the stupidest games I've ever played! Visually the game is great, but it's pretty dumb and stupid with no real story and satisfaction at the end. All you do is just run around collect stuff and you die all the time! To complete a two minute level you have to try and run through it a million times until you perfect every little jump and move, which is very-very frustrating. IIt's one of the stupidest games I've ever played! Visually the game is great, but it's pretty dumb and stupid with no real story and satisfaction at the end. All you do is just run around collect stuff and you die all the time! To complete a two minute level you have to try and run through it a million times until you perfect every little jump and move, which is very-very frustrating. I don't remember another game where I had so many moments when I just wanted to smash my gamepad against the monitor. The only satisfaction I got from the game is that it is quite challanging and when you complete something that's challanging it feels good, but I'd rather do math or something else meaningful rather than this meaningless jumping and running. Maybe some people like this kind of games, but I personally don't
    Overall, not a very pleasant experience and I wouldn't have played it if I knew what this game was.
  29. Nov 11, 2017
    Rayman origins is a game of 2012 and I'm doing this in 2017 but nah

this game is aristically superior even to years of its releases Free gameplay that gives free way to discover the secrets of each level Moderate difficulty that does not exceed the median except at water levels good story, but it does not influence so much and personally I feel that I lack History: 8/10
    Rayman origins is a game of 2012 and I'm doing this in 2017 but nah

this game is aristically superior even to years of its releases

Free gameplay that gives free way to discover the secrets of each level

Moderate difficulty that does not exceed the median except at water levels

good story, but it does not influence so much and personally I feel that I lack

History: 8/10

Gameplay: 9/10

artistic style: 9.25 / 10

Music: 7/10

Final note: 8.45
  30. Apr 3, 2012
    Think back to your favorite childhood cartoon. That's what Rayman Origins is like. Beautiful visuals with a great art style and animations, music that fits perfectly into the audiovisual experience, quirky and entertaining characters, a level design that is easy to learn and hard to master (if you're after high scores) and an up to four player co-op mode to play with family or friends. AndThink back to your favorite childhood cartoon. That's what Rayman Origins is like. Beautiful visuals with a great art style and animations, music that fits perfectly into the audiovisual experience, quirky and entertaining characters, a level design that is easy to learn and hard to master (if you're after high scores) and an up to four player co-op mode to play with family or friends. And on top of that the PC version comes entirely without intrusive DRM, third party software or other annoying anti piracy measures and costs less than most other full size games. There are only a few games I keep in the back of my head to show my children if I ever have some, and this is definitely one of them. Expand

1. Jun 28, 2012
    A well-written story could have transformed Rayman Origins into a beautiful fairytale. Without it, it's an incredibly fun ride and a great party game.
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    May 16, 2012
    Rayman Origins re-introduces an intense freshness to a genre that many gamers chose to remember by a couple of well-known brand names that monopolize interest… and the rest consider long dead. It delivers many hours of pure fun (and some discomfort for completionists) and does that in the best way possible. [May 2012]
  3. Apr 27, 2012