Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 PC

8.6

1. PloppySlow
    May 8, 2006
    Fantastic game love the realisam mis not having a knife but bayonet is a blast. Realy gets the heart rate up Can't wait to see new unreal engin and dx 10.
  2. Aeneas2020
    May 8, 2006
    good game certainly gave me a great deal of enjoyment although i'd say to anyone put off at first really try to play this for at least a week then you'll see where the fun lies.
  3. StarikIP.
    May 9, 2006
    First somehow shocking, the game made me feel something I have not experienced since I played 'Thief' and WWII Online. I was scared and run for my life like the boy from the 'Red badge of courage' did in the first battle. Well, I've managed to survive and turned back, but the Call of Duty and all BFs got wiped off from my HD permanently: R.I.P.
  4. EdwardG.
    Jun 1, 2006
    A great game online, but on my older system the practice mode produced unplayable FPS. Going online made all the difference - obviously the Bot AI was the problem. Good maps, and something different from the run of the mill WWII shooter.
  5. sr
    Jun 1, 2006
    Great graphics, Superb game play, Steep Learning curve. Similar to bf1942 but tonnes better.
  6. CT
    Jun 21, 2006
    not for rookies... this game requires patience and skill. bunny hopping wont save you. spamming bullets wont save you. this game separates the men from the boys. not for arcade style gamers. dont expect hopping to save you.
  7. CaseyPetty
    Jun 24, 2006
    Most realistic game I have ever seen. This is the way FPS are ment to be. The physics and geometry is amoung the best Ive ever seen. Very nice work tripwire, Countinue to send us superb FPS's...

... BTW Jay the tank damage is really accurate, and loading time isnt the game but the quality of your computer, mine runs it quite quik and smooth. Maybe you just need a better comp...
  8. MortenO.
    Jun 7, 2006
    A really cool and realistic WW2 game.. finally! a bit disappointet with the graphics though.
  9. NikR.
    Jun 7, 2006
    This game is magnificent. The realism and action blows me away.
  10. MarkC.
    Jul 29, 2006
    A game similar to BF1942, but realistic. The game itself is good to look at without the usual over the top emphasis on graphical goodies like amazing shadows. The first time i crawled behind enemy lines and got a couple of kills left me very satisfied. A extremely good game, good support and a commited community.
  11. LeonK.
    Jul 31, 2006
    I didnt bought the game yet, but i think im going to do after steams 5 day RO trial. But the fact that the servers should be very empty, is annoying, maybe someone who knows the game can tell me if its true, after seeing the trailers i loved the game.
  12. HeinzB.
    Jul 5, 2006
    Best infantry & tank simulation going. While it does have some flaws in modeling, it is by far the most technically accurate fps currently available.
  13. AnonymousMC
    Jul 7, 2006
    I love this game! If you're really tired of Battlefield 2's "click Z fest", bunny hopping, spawn camping, instant proning and more then this game is for you! And to the guy who said the guys who gave this game a high rating haven't play bf2: we did, and we hate bunny hoppers and we got better things to do than invest time in pixeleted ribbons.
  14. DanielH.
    Aug 22, 2006
    Fantastic Tank controls. Most realistic tanks in any game I have ever played. This game ROCKS!
  15. JoseM.
    Aug 2, 2006
    If you loved Enemy at the Gates or All Quiet on the Western Front, then this is the game for you. Brutally realistic with a harsh learning curve but rewarding and with a tight-knit community that works together like a fine tuned warmachine (usually) Red Orchestra Ostfront is 100% nerves of steel and icewater blood combat. Instead of the rabbit-like pace you get in other games that are If you loved Enemy at the Gates or All Quiet on the Western Front, then this is the game for you. Brutally realistic with a harsh learning curve but rewarding and with a tight-knit community that works together like a fine tuned warmachine (usually) Red Orchestra Ostfront is 100% nerves of steel and icewater blood combat. Instead of the rabbit-like pace you get in other games that are full of nonsense, RO:O forces you to move from cover to cover, outsmart foes, and take your time. It takes patience to like this game but if you are ready to actually put some effort into your gaming and lay down cover fire instead of runing in guns blazing this is one game you'll like. Expand
  16. SeanK.
    Aug 3, 2006
    G4 TV is a piece of crap with immature wannabie gamers who play xbox games all day. This game is awesome, buy it now!!!
  17. DavidD.
    Aug 31, 2006
    A great realistic games realised by Tripwire with the popular Unreal Engine. The gameplay variety is provided by the tanks or infantery that can be use in the game. The only bad point : lot's of bugs! Don't hit your computer when it return to desktop with no raisons.
  18. FabioL.
    Aug 8, 2006
    This game is excellent,and while some players may not have the nerve to step into a real war(most wouldn't) this is as close as it gets,and anyone who isn't used to (or isn't ready to) having a truly realistic experience,might not be capable of truly enjoying this game.The game might require a WW2 fanatism,and a real desire to get down on the ground and dirty on the This game is excellent,and while some players may not have the nerve to step into a real war(most wouldn't) this is as close as it gets,and anyone who isn't used to (or isn't ready to) having a truly realistic experience,might not be capable of truly enjoying this game.The game might require a WW2 fanatism,and a real desire to get down on the ground and dirty on the job,with true teamwork and tactics.Rambo loners will find this game impossible to solo,without a crosshair or medpacks,and usually teamdependant,they will have the (worst) time of their lives.The truly teamoriented players and WW2 fans will enjoy this game to it's fullest,and that's alot of potential.With a caring Developer team,and a dedicated community,you will find "from 1 to none" disturbing or annoying players.Altough there is only one "Game mode"',it isn't meant to be though as one.It is actually the game itself.There are no germans shooting germans in the war (deathmatch).The war by no means depends on who took the enemy flag from the pole(ctf).This is a realistic gamemode where "roles"(classes) are only present according to historically accurate reports that they were present.With a continuos effort to improve the game,and an everlasting flame of fun in the community and the forums,this game is the best for a joyfull minority. Expand
  19. AnonymousMC
    Aug 8, 2006
    Best FPS that's come out to date! No crosshair and innacurrate guns make it so you really have to brace your gun; that's right you can lean your gun on any surface to reduce recoil and gain accuracy! As for people saying the gameplay is slow, one bullet in the chest from any gun kills you DEAD, so the trench warfare is the most intense, action packed part of any game I'veBest FPS that's come out to date! No crosshair and innacurrate guns make it so you really have to brace your gun; that's right you can lean your gun on any surface to reduce recoil and gain accuracy! As for people saying the gameplay is slow, one bullet in the chest from any gun kills you DEAD, so the trench warfare is the most intense, action packed part of any game I've played (save Rumblebox) and the only time the gameplay is slow, is when your too scared from the bullets whizzing past your head that you have to go and head!
    The sounds are super-realistic; when played on a high-end sound system the guns sound REAL all this adds to the atmosphere to bring you into the game.

I might add one thing, after 2 minutes of play I switched iron-sights aim to right-click and melee to middle-click and everything became intuitive!
  20. Tiger
    Aug 8, 2006
    This game is brilliant. I'ts like they took every feature I found missing in every other popular fps and rolled it into one! Furthermore it's the only game I've seen with balanced vehicle play. The graphics are excellent, and the loading isn't problem at all, though some people with less RAM may need to turn of Precaching in their config files to speed it up a bit. One This game is brilliant. I'ts like they took every feature I found missing in every other popular fps and rolled it into one! Furthermore it's the only game I've seen with balanced vehicle play. The graphics are excellent, and the loading isn't problem at all, though some people with less RAM may need to turn of Precaching in their config files to speed it up a bit. One other thing is the animations in this game, they're brilliant. The soldiers and weapons look like they could be straight out of a WW2 documentary! All in all I'd say this is the best FPS ever made. With continual updates and new maps it's only going to get better. Don't think about it too much, just buy it! Now! Expand
  21. EdwardS.
    Sep 15, 2006
    This is a great game without a fault. From ranged battlefields with tanks and anti-tank soldiers capturing objectives. To the close combat trenches. The atmosphere is anything but the best, weapons have different sounds for the distant at which you are from them, so they don't just get quieter, but they change to how you'd expect and you end up getting the great sound effects This is a great game without a fault. From ranged battlefields with tanks and anti-tank soldiers capturing objectives. To the close combat trenches. The atmosphere is anything but the best, weapons have different sounds for the distant at which you are from them, so they don't just get quieter, but they change to how you'd expect and you end up getting the great sound effects you'd expect. Gives it a great feel... Not like the fake background sounds some games have this is the real thing! The weapons are spot on! Expand
  22. JimN.
    Sep 6, 2006
    Awesome WWII game, more realistic than any other. Some bugs still need to be worked out, but I said goodbye to the COD franchise as soon as I played Red Orchestra! There is no other.
  23. JamesM.
    Jan 10, 2007
    This is one of my favorite games of all time now I prefer realistic games e.g. operation flashpoint as they rely on skill and tactics not 1337 pwning skills in couter strike or COD. This game is full realistic the bullet mechanics, vehicles weapon realoads and the way the combat works. The only thing that is not realistic are the other players who try to play it like CS or COD jumping This is one of my favorite games of all time now I prefer realistic games e.g. operation flashpoint as they rely on skill and tactics not 1337 pwning skills in couter strike or COD. This game is full realistic the bullet mechanics, vehicles weapon realoads and the way the combat works. The only thing that is not realistic are the other players who try to play it like CS or COD jumping around! 9 for an excellent game no tripwire just need to patch humans. Expand
  24. KoozieK.
    Jan 15, 2007
    Ownage, pure and simple. Easily the most realistic WWII shooter, heck FPS, out there. Very fun, very addicting, and VERY well-done. Teamwork is the most important aspect of the game, especially in vehicles seeing as, like in RL, you can't do 50 things in a vehicle; you can drive OR shoot. You may get owned, not because of they have more skill, but just for their choice of weapon Ownage, pure and simple. Easily the most realistic WWII shooter, heck FPS, out there. Very fun, very addicting, and VERY well-done. Teamwork is the most important aspect of the game, especially in vehicles seeing as, like in RL, you can't do 50 things in a vehicle; you can drive OR shoot. You may get owned, not because of they have more skill, but just for their choice of weapon compared to yours. My hat's off to Tripwire, great job. Expand
  25. MikelL.
    Oct 18, 2007
    The game has even realism in the moment of pointing and shooting it's realy great when you are an on foot soldier. It's also great that you can drive tanks despite they are quite simple to manage and I wold have liked them a bit more realistic working maner. Perhaps the next will be to inclued plains or ships, if any simulator realy started thinking about global war fare in an The game has even realism in the moment of pointing and shooting it's realy great when you are an on foot soldier. It's also great that you can drive tanks despite they are quite simple to manage and I wold have liked them a bit more realistic working maner. Perhaps the next will be to inclued plains or ships, if any simulator realy started thinking about global war fare in an action "simulation" game, this could be the one. Great game, thats the truth. Expand
  26. DrG.
    Jan 22, 2007
    It has its flaws but as realistic as it gets, with Rainbow six and Op. Flashpoint series.
  27. MikeG.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Very cool. I've played ALOT of games - This is the most FUN game I've ever had. In a 50 person online game it's unbelevable! Best game by far. I can't believe it's ONLY 19.95 from steam. I'd pay 49.95. It takes a few more hours to get used to the realism and iron sights than other games - But you get a "FEEL" for this game environment that is the BEST EVER Very cool. I've played ALOT of games - This is the most FUN game I've ever had. In a 50 person online game it's unbelevable! Best game by far. I can't believe it's ONLY 19.95 from steam. I'd pay 49.95. It takes a few more hours to get used to the realism and iron sights than other games - But you get a "FEEL" for this game environment that is the BEST EVER gaming experience. Expand
  28. MarekB.
    Oct 9, 2007
    Very good, realistic WW2 FPS. Probably the best on the market at the moment.
  29. RunarJ.
    Jan 9, 2007
    This game is nearly perfect, and it's getting better every day, with regular updating from the developers. It's all about realism, and that's what's great about it. It's not like "every other WW2-FPS out there". In fact, it's the absolute oposite. Every day you read game-developers say that "you can't have both realism and fun at the same time - This game is nearly perfect, and it's getting better every day, with regular updating from the developers. It's all about realism, and that's what's great about it. It's not like "every other WW2-FPS out there". In fact, it's the absolute oposite. Every day you read game-developers say that "you can't have both realism and fun at the same time - therefore, we have excluded the realism". Well, Tripwire, the folks behind Red orchestra, proved them completely wrong. Red Orchestra is a fabulous, realistic, well-running, still good-looking and above all - CHEAP multiplayer-FPS that deserves to be tried out by more people than the ones already playing it. Expand
  30. RollandB.
    Feb 7, 2007
    The greatest WW2 experience EVER! Totally accurate, and its great to see the eastern front for once, gawd, so much god dam fun once u get good at a specialization!
  31. PavelM.
    Mar 13, 2007
    Unmatched realism for those who crave for it.
  32. RussM.
    Mar 16, 2007
    RO is a great WW2 fps... that G4 review was dumb, obviously those guys at G4 don't understand decent gaming when they see it, "Con: high learning curve"? "bad AI"? come on, the game was made for online play, and a high learning curve is not a bad thing ... obviously all G4 care about is mindless deathmatch zzzz, Red Orchestra will win your heart if you give it a chance, every time RO is a great WW2 fps... that G4 review was dumb, obviously those guys at G4 don't understand decent gaming when they see it, "Con: high learning curve"? "bad AI"? come on, the game was made for online play, and a high learning curve is not a bad thing ... obviously all G4 care about is mindless deathmatch zzzz, Red Orchestra will win your heart if you give it a chance, every time you get a kill with your rifle you feel good. Expand
  33. JensF.
    May 11, 2007
    Very exciting game. Historic value, breathtaking action and best teamplay ever in any shooter.
  34. CodyG.
    May 13, 2007
    very good graphics
  35. SullaW.
    Jun 1, 2007
    FPS doesnt describe this game. It's more of a WW2 Eastern Front simulator...and it rules! The very best WW2 shooter out there, hands down.
  36. Horscht
    Jun 21, 2007
    For realism and/or ww2 freakz the best game ever. with the free avaiable mods and mutators and the community-based development team a star in the fps skies.
  37. MichaelG.
    Jun 20, 2007
    Very good game, overall balance and realism makes this an all-time favourite!
  38. JoeE.
    Jul 14, 2007
    Great balance between realisim and "twitch" FPS play, with the recently added ability to play with 50 people per map the fun has greatly increased!
  39. MatthewG.
    Jul 4, 2007
    This game is not for the faint of heart. If you lack courage or the ability to endure tedious action then dont bother but if you are a fan of WW2 fps's and want more from your game then grab it up cuz this is your game.
  40. EricL.
    Aug 16, 2007
    Finally a game that brings the reality of tank combat into play. I'm extreamly pleased to finaly see the use of High-Explosive & Armor piercing rounds. With out getting out of hand: This game provides some much needed reality check for WW2 games, and as a ww2 history nut I'm blown away with entusiasim. Thank you!
  41. ThomasT.
    Aug 4, 2007
    Realistic game and good graphics , Thumbs up!
  42. ChrisB.
    Sep 16, 2007
    This game is the pinnacle of realism. It offers it all, Tanks,Cannons,Iron sites and actually takes skill to get a kill. This game is awsome.
  43. Max
    Sep 3, 2007
    Nice game, even super good, Too bad that you don't find anyone to play it with, this game is excellent for those who want to play in group and be rewarded because with a good group everything changes.
  44. HenrikP.
    Sep 9, 2007
    Love this game. So minor tweaking is needed. But its nothing important. Love it I tell you
  45. Ridds
    Sep 9, 2007
    Played it since the first beta of the UT mod, and been playing it ever since. I've tried loads of other fps games, and none of them have ever gotten close to the experience RO gives. And to those that post silly comments like 'ironsights stolen from other games' 'no crosshairs' or the most stupid one I've read of all 'based on DoD:S cuz DoD:S was out Played it since the first beta of the UT mod, and been playing it ever since. I've tried loads of other fps games, and none of them have ever gotten close to the experience RO gives. And to those that post silly comments like 'ironsights stolen from other games' 'no crosshairs' or the most stupid one I've read of all 'based on DoD:S cuz DoD:S was out first and WW2 as well'... next time, before you post, plz do some checking of facts first. If anything, I've seen a lot of ideas that were first implemented in RO back in its UT mod days implemented in all kinds of games, exactly the games that you seem to are so cool and original. In short, a lot of people are dismayed with this game as it actually takes skill to play it, unlike more hyped games like cod and dod, where u just spray and pray and bunnyhop your way through. Expand
  46. JoeD.
    Jan 3, 2008
    It's a truly unique game, which I've had for a while now, the maps allow lots of variety, and will keep a player occupied for a very long time. The thing that really makes this different is the added touch of realism. Definately a must buy.
  47. AndrewB.
    Mar 14, 2008
    I love this game I will never go back to Cod again the graphics are great and most computers can run it on high and even on lower settings it looks great and the tankings great best tanking ive ever seen I love the sniper scope to the sounds are great and the weapons look real the soldiers look good and theres lots of tactical gameplay and teamwork along with the realism the only problem I love this game I will never go back to Cod again the graphics are great and most computers can run it on high and even on lower settings it looks great and the tankings great best tanking ive ever seen I love the sniper scope to the sounds are great and the weapons look real the soldiers look good and theres lots of tactical gameplay and teamwork along with the realism the only problem I have with this game is the bots are very very stupid but other wise this game is great they also are about to release a north Africa mod as well theres going to be a Normandy mod all fronts this is the forgotten hope and cod killer and its in expensive plus theres over 50 maps and virtually no bugs a must buy! Expand
  48. JohnW.
    Apr 13, 2008
    Now there are free MODS coming in from several modders - the betas for Carpathian Crosses and Mare Nostrum are out - and Darkest Hours (Normandy) is due out in May. I'd hate to overhype this game - But I love it! The best WWII game out - the online experience is wonderful - the sound is fantastic - the are teams and competitions - everything - Want to satchel a Tiger in town Now there are free MODS coming in from several modders - the betas for Carpathian Crosses and Mare Nostrum are out - and Darkest Hours (Normandy) is due out in May. I'd hate to overhype this game - But I love it! The best WWII game out - the online experience is wonderful - the sound is fantastic - the are teams and competitions - everything - Want to satchel a Tiger in town fighting? You can do it. Want to call in artillery? You can do it. Want to be a sniper - fire a machine gun, semiautomatic, bolt action, submachinegun, panzerfausts (like a bazooka) etc? You can do it! Intense online battles 24/7. There are new maps showing up all of the time - Every week its like Christmas with a new map - ha! Anyway - If you ever wanted a great WWII game - this is it. *(and it's just $20. from Steam). Expand
  49. NathanialB.
    May 27, 2008
    I really love this game. Real life tank and car functions. When your a sniper you'll see the scope and the gun at the same time. That is awesome. I wish it had American and British teams to. So far this is my favorite game. I have played it before at my grandpa's, but I don't have it. I realy wish I did. I am 14 years old and I have been in a clan for 4 years. That was just I really love this game. Real life tank and car functions. When your a sniper you'll see the scope and the gun at the same time. That is awesome. I wish it had American and British teams to. So far this is my favorite game. I have played it before at my grandpa's, but I don't have it. I realy wish I did. I am 14 years old and I have been in a clan for 4 years. That was just some extra info. Well bye. Expand
  50. MatthewT.
    May 5, 2008
    Tank combat at it's best, no question.
  51. LeanneL.
    May 6, 2008
    This game is great, no, awesome to play once you get the hang of it. It's very realistic too!
  52. JoonasP.
    May 7, 2008
    Played 1 year now. Best game. Best clan fights. Carpathian Crosses and many more mods. Realistic enough. Grenades really kills you. DoD isn't nothing compared to this game. Red Orchestra for life!
  53. SasA.
    Jul 9, 2008
    The every best realistic WW2 FPS game. Who hate that.... So, they can't loose or they are very very freak persons.
  54. gametester
    Jan 6, 2009
    Best WWII game ever seen ! Just buy it, 10 $ is not a fortune.
  55. TobusL
    Mar 16, 2009
    Best online experience available, IF you like realism to a certain degree. The only gripes I have is that it is built on Unreal3 engine, which makes it impossible to destroy environment. This makes tanks bounce to a halt on little wooden fences and some such. Other than that, it rewards players for cooperating. Camping in a corner to get kills will get you killed and fail to get you Best online experience available, IF you like realism to a certain degree. The only gripes I have is that it is built on Unreal3 engine, which makes it impossible to destroy environment. This makes tanks bounce to a halt on little wooden fences and some such. Other than that, it rewards players for cooperating. Camping in a corner to get kills will get you killed and fail to get you points. A kill is 1 point, helping defending or capturing a point 10 points, resupplying teammates with MG's 5. Teamplay is everything and te atmosphere it creates is what sets RO apart from the common herd of shooters. And the best thing? Because of this, the servers are filled with people who crave this. The 13 year old, abuse yelling kiddies will not be found playing this game, which I find a relief. Expand
  56. FireBladeX
    Apr 15, 2009
    Perfect game!
  57. James
    Jul 8, 2009
    The best multiplayer I have come across. A lot of fun even if you're stuck with a bolt action (as long as you know how to use it).
  58. JonasB.
    Nov 1, 2006
    The game lets me feel that I am in the real WW2, its very realistic and fun.
  59. WitoldF.
    Oct 16, 2006
    Great game its really realistic.
  60. StephenM.
    Dec 1, 2006
    Probably the most realistic game you can play. Arcade FPS players, I would not recommend it for you. This game is extremely realistic ala no cross hairs. If you want to be in intense tank battles, call in artillery on infantry, or blow that pesky tank that is killing all of your comrades; this game is for you. A must by for people looking for the most accurate war game you can by.
  61. BooManGG
    Dec 12, 2006
    Best and the most realistic WW2 shooter ever made. DoD feels like Quake after this. And this game really encourages teamwork expecially when operating a tank (Mics and headphones with driver and gunner = Best gaming experience ever!) Realistic, intensive and the feeling of "being there"! Must for every WW2 Shooter fan!
  62. XBlackFuryX
    Oct 21, 2006
    Hell man I dont understand how so much goddamn kids can say this isn't realistic, or can way it suck just because it's so realist... do you think that if you drive a tank you will reload and shot at same time ?!? do you think that you will shot some1 without use the aim that is on the gun ?!? do you really think ''hell ill get to army because all the war games are Hell man I dont understand how so much goddamn kids can say this isn't realistic, or can way it suck just because it's so realist... do you think that if you drive a tank you will reload and shot at same time ?!? do you think that you will shot some1 without use the aim that is on the gun ?!? do you really think ''hell ill get to army because all the war games are cool'' and then when release a realistic game you all start to blame it ?!? this game is in some ways realistic .. but you will never get a real experience on PC because into a war baby .. if you die ure dead .. then every battle u will be afraid of what can happens to you and your friends ... of showing your face off the cover or running from a point to other, DoD is for kids that like to runs between enemy lines and kill lot of people ... CSS is for young that think its realistic because the grenade when explodes make the crates fly, then, RO is the best title ever, make me sense near reality, with a hard difficulty of far targets you never know where the enemy is, i like the stuff that you can get out of tank and the aiming of the cannon thats really hard, after playing for a while i started to understand the game and then hell ya ... graphics are exellent too... but by the way what i really loved on this game is the realism Expand
  63. MikeLessener
    Dec 18, 2006
    Personally, I love the game. The time it takes to deploy to any map in single or multiplayer takes to long though. I spend 20 minutes waiting for the map to come up and stop deploying in any game.

If there is somehitng I can do to make this faster please tell me.
  64. Vitorouski
    Dec 4, 2006
    At this moment I think RO is the best infantry simulatior i've palyed ever. Tank simulator is quite good but the king of tanks simulator is still battleground europe, the last one is in an uper realistic level. People who usually plays deatmatch find this game bored, etc... RO it's more a SIM than a FPS. Most of FPS has too much action to play as a minimum of tactical. But this At this moment I think RO is the best infantry simulatior i've palyed ever. Tank simulator is quite good but the king of tanks simulator is still battleground europe, the last one is in an uper realistic level. People who usually plays deatmatch find this game bored, etc... RO it's more a SIM than a FPS. Most of FPS has too much action to play as a minimum of tactical. But this one have the perfect level between action and strategy. I recommend it seriously. Expand
  65. JoshW.
    Oct 29, 2006
    This game is solidly built and definately gives you the experience of realism. This is probably the most real a game can get while still being fun to play.
  66. HankD.
    Oct 7, 2006
    One of the most realistic GAMES I've ever played, all genres included. Once you get over the relatively steep learning hump (watching the tutorial videos help a LOT) all other games feel like deathmatch/arcade style.
  67. BasB.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Best fps war-sim ever ! The tank are just beautiful.
  68. SigfridF.
    Mar 25, 2006
    The best ww2 game ever made. Very accurate realism makes every fire fights intense as players must use real world tactics to defeat the opposing team.
  69. JustinF.
    Mar 25, 2006
    I cant stop playing this game, i love it so much. Best game. Dont buy any other game, get this one
  70. Locherbread
    Mar 26, 2006
    A fantastic, realistic feeling WW2 fps, its more tactic based than any other game ww2 shooter i've came across - I personally think the graphics are excellent :-) Love tank battles, but also the infantry maps are superb as well ^ ^
  71. Lex
    Mar 26, 2006
    This game is fantastic. I feel it immerses you into WWII like no other WWII fps game.
  72. MortenT.
    Mar 26, 2006
    Most intense and realistic game i've played so far. I would have given it a 10 if it weren't for a few annoying bugs, but i guess they will be fixed later on.
  73. RompusC.
    Mar 26, 2006
    This game is realistic with a good variety of maps. Good support from the developers and a great community surrounding it. I would give it a 10, but no game is ever perfect. :)
  74. LukeB.
    Mar 26, 2006
    The most intense War game out there. It does have a few issues to be resolved but the game play makes up for this
  75. TrevorO.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Very good game, good concept, well excecuted. Some technical issues that will probably be fixed.
  76. WallyG.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Best WWII shooter I have ever played, period. brings the term "realsim" to a whole new level. no run & gun kiddie arcade crap here. Just total immersion into a realistic WWII envoironment. The tank combat is thrilling as well.
  77. JasonW.
    Mar 27, 2006
    More than I ever could have hoped for in a WW2 game. the immersion is better than any game I have ever played. I can see myself (once a critic of RO) playing this game for a long time.
  78. KenM.
    Mar 29, 2006
    Quiet simply the best game I have ever played Achtung Panzer! Los los los!
  79. M.G.
    Mar 31, 2006
    The best FPS i've ever played. The most realistic WWII FPS ever. Some of the best features are voice chat, controllable tanks, realistic physics, etc..
  80. AllanT.
    Mar 31, 2006
    Imersive WWII eastern front action, i .... my self the first time i played it scary as hell. This is WAR! (no niceitys of modern combat - no crosshairs ;) Grab a rifle, grab a tank, prime your grenades, I shall see you on the battlefield.
  81. ChrisK.
    Apr 11, 2006
    online RO is great, single player... well its a multiplayer game so dont expect great offline challenges. Graphics are good, but not bleeding edge. This is not *and not trying to be* a run n kill-um-all FPS, its about flanking, covering fire and tatics. Not to be approached in the same mindset as a UT game or DOD, CS etcetc.. you need to stick at it to get the best as its not easy at online RO is great, single player... well its a multiplayer game so dont expect great offline challenges. Graphics are good, but not bleeding edge. This is not *and not trying to be* a run n kill-um-all FPS, its about flanking, covering fire and tatics. Not to be approached in the same mindset as a UT game or DOD, CS etcetc.. you need to stick at it to get the best as its not easy at first. Graphics: 7 , Gameplay 9, easy of play 7, X factor 8.. I like it. Expand
  82. VincentT.
    Apr 11, 2006
    My god ive been waiting for a game like this for years.Keep it up this game is gonna get better i can see.Its so Authentic Tanks.Uniforms Brilliant. One Gripe though cant get on the Shelves in England.But who cares im gonna get from my steam account.I have not played anythig for over a year since WoW World of Warcraft,But hey the ppl who have made Red Orchestra I SALUTE you one and all.
  83. JeffB.
    Apr 14, 2006
    Most authentic and immersive FPS yet to date. Don't expect COD or MOH. Expect to be killed a lot while you unlearn all the tendencies you picked up in those games. As you do, you will find your scores improving, and you'll find yourself sucked deeper and deeper into each map. Game of the year candidate for sure.
  84. MikeM.
    Apr 15, 2006
    GREAT small unit infantry tactics sim. Very smooth gameplay, probably the best FPS for this time period.....BUT you guys HAVE to do something to improve the tank combat. It need much more of the real feel the infantry side has. The transport vehicles work fine, but the tanks need some major work.
  85. GrahamH.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Game play is great, it only needs some more game types i.e. last man standing and so on, it would make it as one of the best ever.
  86. Greg
    Apr 15, 2006
    Excellent game. Great graphics great strategy
  87. Christiaan
    Apr 15, 2006
    the guns are good but some thing n the map itself are a little bit fake but the game is nice!
  88. JebP.
    Apr 16, 2006
    Good gameplay graphics are good but but are fuzzy even in higher res. and with high quality settings.
  89. YashaS.
    Apr 17, 2006
    Well, I am not the "War-Game" fan but after playing this for about an hour i was amazed how intense the game, I was really shaking after a airstrike. So i really want to reccomend the game to "War-Game" fans and actually everwone.
  90. MichaelR.
    Apr 17, 2006
    Excellent gamplay - great realism... But i missed some more gore and blood!!!
  91. Jawad
    Apr 18, 2006
    The ultimate realistic WW2 FPS. This game pwns. Period.
  92. Eric
    Apr 18, 2006
    Red Orchestra is amazing. Simply the best WWII online FPS/Simulation around. There are a few bad reviews here, but notice the poor grammar and sentence structure used in those reviews. Enough said.
  93. JonP.
    Apr 20, 2006
    AWSOME GAME. BTW, annoyed, dont rate a game you havnt played yet. This game is EXTREMELY realistic, fun, but does have a big learning curve. WWII lovers and FPS diehards MUST have this game!
  94. texas_dolly
    Apr 20, 2006
    Not everyone is meant for this shooter, and that's what makes it shine. Thumbing your nose at it's ut2.5 engine just makes you look like a bigger fool. Bunnyhopping AWP rambos can sit at the kiddy table while the grownups enjoy the best 25 bucks they've ever spent on a fps.
  95. Sgian_Dubh
    Apr 25, 2006
    This game, running astride Unreal 2004, is one of the best online games I have ever Played. Unreal has single player for the offliners, but This game, if you have patience to learn, will give participants a chance to live battle without reticles, perfect aiming and invincibility. RO is as real a game as it gets. However, I stiull haven't a clue how to pick up weapons? could someoneThis game, running astride Unreal 2004, is one of the best online games I have ever Played. Unreal has single player for the offliners, but This game, if you have patience to learn, will give participants a chance to live battle without reticles, perfect aiming and invincibility. RO is as real a game as it gets. However, I stiull haven't a clue how to pick up weapons? could someone help me on that? Expand
  96. JohnM.
    Apr 3, 2006
    There are some bugs in the game but they are not disrupting the true feeling. This game brings more to the table than any other WW2 FPS on the market. RO is nothing at all lke call of duty you must work as a team to achieve goals and command certain outposts. The range of weapons and classes allowed changes on each map. One of the better FPS out there!
  97. DavidK.
    Apr 4, 2006
    Most challenging WW2 FPS out to date. Sure it has some bugs but these guys are from the modding community not from a mega developer/ publisher powerhouse with an unlimited budget and they are attempting to make the game historically accurate. The most important play mechanics work great and the physics is the best.And this is a hell of a first attempt (not counting the Mod) at getting Most challenging WW2 FPS out to date. Sure it has some bugs but these guys are from the modding community not from a mega developer/ publisher powerhouse with an unlimited budget and they are attempting to make the game historically accurate. The most important play mechanics work great and the physics is the best.And this is a hell of a first attempt (not counting the Mod) at getting away from all the nonsense in BF2 and COD2 . I can see how it will put some people off forcing you to use timing,accuracy ,breathing etc. before you fire your weapon. People who are impatient and want to immediatly own everyone like CS shouldn't even bother installing it.It forces the pace of the game down to a more normal level. Most rewarding experience if your into tactical realism and sick of bunny hopping and twitch and shoot FPS. Expand
  98. Moni0
    Apr 4, 2006
    Just the best game I ever played. Graphism good with large and varied maps, detailled textures and best weapons skins. Best sounds. Best gameplay, not a stupid arcade game, but with tactic and teamplay needed.
  99. GariA.
    Apr 9, 2006
    this game is effing intense i wanna play it now everybody will know how the russo defeat those nazis.
  100. EmilM.
    May 11, 2006
    Awesome game. Waited for a game with tanks that actually work rigt for very long time. Has some issues and funny glitches otherwise plays good.

1. I absolutely love the attention Tripwire has given to the small details in the game.
    There's very little gameyness in RO and a whole lot of gritty crawling along the ground so you can flank over to that machine gunner and allow your team to advance to the next spawn point objective.
  3. Red Orchestra is an enjoyable, team-based online shooter for those who like the Battlefield-style games but want a more technical and realistic experience.