7.3

1. Oct 20, 2014
    This game could of easily of been a 10/10 if it wasn't for some of it's issues. First the good. The story is a great cyberpunk tale and the environment of Neo Paris is beautiful. The music is one that you will want to continue listening well after the game ends. The combat system is fun and allows you to design your own combos. And the puzzles in this game are actually puzzles unlike other games that ditched the concept of having puzzles in them. *cough cough* Resident Evil *cough*

Now the bad, Quick time events are a **** in this game. Sometimes they don't show up correctly and will make you lose a boss fight. The camera extremely annoying in the combat and the auto aim feels clunky.

Like I said if it wasn't for the bad, all the good would of made this game a 10/10. Still if you are a fan of cyberpunk, this game is a must buy. If you don't care too much about cyberpunk, the game might not be able to hold you.
  2. Oct 10, 2014
    Absolutely enjoyed this game. It is however cut scene heavy and the game play is slightly repetitive, especially the platforming.

However an absolutely A+ story and setting, well worth the time.
  3. Oct 4, 2014
    IMO, this capcom's best game in years. it isn't perfect but as a new IP. it does sometings right like the story,voice acting, & combat system. What it does wrong, the breaking of combos due to dodging, the lead by the hand platforming, & not going the full way with the create a combo system. This game is worth at least a one time play through
  4. Sep 26, 2014
    game is highly underrated blame the reviewer sites for giving mediocre scores it deserves 8.5/10.graphic details in episode 2 is amazing.very good story evoking emotions(makes me remember last of us not as emotional journey as last of us).involves morality,politics in backdrop(makes me remember story of bio shock series) its told in an interesting manner.clunky controls and ridiculous icon for jumping,after you get hang of it fighting system with combos keeps fights interesting.story telling in form of memories is very good Expand
  5. Sep 12, 2014
    I was always interested in this game since I first saw it. It looked like it could have some real potential.
    I then proceeded to forget about the game until I saw it on special offer on Steam. I figured why not and downloaded it. Sadly it doesn't compete with almost any game released in the past 10 years or so.
    The graphics are in dire need of some work, mainly the poor textures and
    shaders make it look a little dated.
    Sadly it doesn't only fall short there, the gameplay is extremely linear. The game isn't so much a game as a story with a menu screen. You are directed, with no perceivable allowance for exploration, to each objective. Episode 0 is a good indication of that as it sets multiple waypoints just a few metres apart for you to follow. The only control you have is with the "combat" system. You can choose how to beat up some truly terrible AI opponents, as in do you punch or kick them. That's it, but in all fairness they're so stupid that you only need that much choice.
    Platforming sections? Of which there are quite a few, are a poor mans version of tomb raider. No alternate routes, no challenges. Simply follow the only direction you can possibly take.
    Then there are the memory remix parts. Rewind to start and look for blurs, then slow it down and click. Move to next blur and repeat.... yawn. Though clever in concept it's too simple and basic in application.
    The voice acting is pretty good though, I liked the voice acting.
  6. Sep 4, 2014
    Remember Me seems to be a promising game at first. Who can resist a memory hunter, especially when she can't remember herself? Then, if you have enough patience to stick with the game to the end, you'll think that the developer should have named it something like Forget Me. Despite the good sides like detail environment, enjoyable memory remix levels, Remember Me is a flat and linear platforming game, repetitive gameplay and a story full of plot holes. Expand
  7. Aug 29, 2014
    Well, like some other guy here, I don't believe this game deserves a 10 (would give it 710 or even 8), but I think that this game is highly underrated! So I gave it a 10 in order to balance things a little. (The metascore and critics reviews give the wrong impression, in my opinion.
    First of all - I must say this loud and clear, this game deserves to be played! You really should play it!

When I first played it, I was shocked by the not-too-good reception of the game and later on I figured out what was wrong about it.
    You can summarize what's wrong like this - this game could be, and promised to be, something big, different, innovative, even revolutionary- in terms of gameplay. It seems as if it even intended to do so, but didn't fully succeed.

What makes this game look so interesting is the fact that you're being a memory hunter. Messing with people's memories is not a concept often explored in common video games. The one extraordinary feature which raise this game above many others is the memory remixing - you'll have to remix people's memories in order to change their views, thoughts and actions. Sounds amazing, isn't it? And indeed, the few times you'll be doing this in the game are rather cool and exciting, even though it felt like the mechanics of the remixes was a bit too simple, it still felt really good. But as I said, you'll only be doing this a couple of times. Four actually, throughout the entire game, which isn't totally satisfying and makes you want more of it.
    What else will you do that's related to memories? Well, you're gonna steal some, replay some, and kill some, but it's all done with a few buttons' clicks and not in a very interesting way. And what else will you do? Well, you'll kick your enemies' butts. And climb. You'll also jump a bit, but you're gonna climb a lot.

And in Remember Me... it just isn't enough.
    The game is not very long, yet it might feel like you're playing forever, as the game gets more and more tedious in time when you feel like you fight horde after horde of enemies with cutscenes in between. The fighting isn't that interesting, and is generally easy, except for some parts in the game where it's not. But that's only because of the controls, which at first seemed fine to me, but somehow from the middle of the game and on I just felt like it all became too clunky and Nilin's movements didn't always have much to do with the buttons I pressed on the keyboard.

The platforming is not that interesting as well. It only gets long and repetitive in time. The only thing that makes it good is the gorgeous graphics and surroundings which I'll speak of later, and the somewhat-artistic camera angles which change and flow smoothly. But still, as I said, it gets long and repetitive, especially when you don't have much freedom of choice about where to go, and not even the illusion of it. There's almost always only one single path to follow, you can never wander too much, and many times when you do the game would quickly suggest you the 'correct' path or action that has to be done. That makes the game even easier, and makes you feel like you just follow a trail of cutsceneshordes of enemies at times.

So, yeah, gameplay-wise, the game is not necessarily brilliant. But now let's talk about the good stuff, which far outweigh the disappointing gameplay.

Remember Me is very much story-driven. It's purely a science fiction kind of story and yet it revolves around humanity and its mind, their memories and their urge to change or guard them. It isn't the deepest tale to be told but it has its insightful moments, and its a very personal and at times heart-touching.
    The cutscenes and dialogues which transfer the story are very well done, never too long and never too short, usually very interesting, and with very good and professional voice acting (Note: the game is fully dubbed in English, French, Italian, German, which is very cool!).
    The graphics looked absolutely amazing, and without requiring a super-high-tech-machine (Bought my computer in 2010, even back then it didn't have the best specs possible. The game worked very nicely on my machine on High graphic settings). The world of Neo-Paris seemed very wide and detailed, colorful and alive, with my only complaint about it is that the game won't let you explore the environment much - as I said earlier, it's very linear and many obstacles would make you walk in a specific one way instead of exploring the world around you which seems so interesting and eye-catching.
    The soundtrack of the game is beautiful, combining symphonic and electronic tracks together (trust me, it's good!) which integrate brilliantly with the game and battle sequences.
    The collectibles are nice, not too hard to find usually, but gives you some interesting information to read about the peoplesurroundings around you.

In short(VERY short)- Amazing storytelling which absolutely overshadows disappointing gameplay (the memory remixes totally worth it, though)
  8. Aug 7, 2014
    Although the combat is somewhat rudimentary and the style of play (and unskippable cut-scenes) limit replayability, the truly brilliant story-line makes this game a must-play. Honestly, the quality of the direction, writing, and score are better than in a lot of major motion pictures. If you have the means (and a 360 pad), definitely check this game out.
  9. Jul 7, 2014
    When I started the game, I thought: why didn't receive at least 90%. The setting, the design looked great. Later I realized why...
    I was a big fan, in the old days, of the " french touch", they had great creative ideas. The problem was they spent all their fuel into design, and none of it left for the game itself...
    In RM what was missing was the game itself. It is a dumb console port,
    with dumb console controls not translated into PC, with dumb checkpoint system. It is one of the many games that want to make itself longer by using checkpoints, so you have to do stuff, you already done, again and again. After a while this game became a chore. It gets harder and harder, and if you fail, you can start over (ingame videos included). By the time I got to the Madame boss, I was fed up with the endless buttons smashing, these developers call "fight". Somewhat later I gave up and the story just wasn't interesting enough to torture myself more.
    Remember me had great ideas, really good design, but as a game it fails miserably.
  10. Jun 3, 2014
    A terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over and over again but the fact that you can customize your own combos is something fresh and interesting.
    The writing could have been better at some points but it can hold it's own.

Overall it's a very good game and it's not just a simple button-masher, it has depth as well.
  11. Apr 20, 2014
    Let me start off by saying the first 2 hours were horrible. But after that what seems like a crappy Assassin's Creed clone blooms into a beautiful dynamic game. It has a very original 1984 esque story with some of the best character development to date. You can tell the creators really bled themselves dry to create something that will be remembered for decades to come.
  12. Apr 20, 2014
    One of the most overlooked games of its year, possibly due to the misguided advertising. I played this game without having no prior knowledge of its existence and boy oh boy, was I in for a surprise. This game is definitely ahead of its time and I was really amazed by how overlooked this gem was. Capcom really went above and beyond with this one. The funny thing is though, it's not that the game introduces some new element to gaming but that it uses a familiar game formula so brilliantly! It's the perfect example of what happens when game developers take their time when making a game. Asides from the awesome graphics, the gameplay mechanics are great and the storyline is awesome! It definitely raises your standards in gaming if not done right. That is, IF done right. This was meant to be an immersive game so quality headphones, a comfortable seat and a 360 controller are a must (after owning a strong rig of course). Expand
  13. Apr 11, 2014
    POSITIVE for being awesome and trying something new and exciting and in most parts, succeding, even though it's DONTNOD's first game ever. Pros: • Combat: - There are 3 types of attacks: Damage, Heal and Cooldown Reduction (for Special Powers), you unlock different and longer combos as the game progresses and as you level up you choose to unlock a new Kick or Punch for some type of the attacks and se on your combos, you can mix them or use a specific one for each type.
    - The longer the combo, the better the effect (Damage, Heal, Cooldown Reduction).
    - No blocking or auto-counter, only dodging.
    - Smooth and good looking animation.

• Story: Awesome, gets very personal.
  14. Apr 2, 2014
    Extremely underrated game, Beautiful graphics, great visuals, unique combat system, original story.

The combat system is kind of like a mix between Magicka and Batman where you put together long strings of combos using different types of attacks that do things like reduce time your cooldowns, heal, extra dmg, amplify the previous rune etc. there several different types of cooldowns you
    can use to boost dps, crowd control, mind control etc.

Where the game loses points is the parts that are actually challenging are a bit too spread out during the game but the great visuals and story more than make up for it imo.
  15. Mar 29, 2014
    Remember Me is a game with a compelling story that drives the entire game. It is difficult to get invested in however. Without giving anything away, the game explores some dark, emotional, and philosophical ideas about a future in which memory has been monetized and commercialized, your character, Nilin, is the one to unravel the threads and find the truth behind herself and much more.

Before getting into the story/characters, lets get the gameplay out of the way first; It's mediocre. The combat system starts out rather engaging, allowing the player to customize a series of combo moves (Pressen) to tailor fit Nilin for any specific situation. While engaging, the combat system quickly becomes extremely repetitive and hinges on the players ability to properly dodge and wait for cooldowns to become available. In addition, every substantial enemy (bosses, mini-bosses) ends with every bodies favorite thing...quick time events! The result is an unsatisfying one to say the least. I never felt like I actually defeated anyone as it's all done for you through the QTE's. Despite all this, the combat is not bad. It does require patience though.

Now on to the story/characters...The game is driven heavily by (obviously) the evolution of the story, but seeing as how nobody can remember anything (barring Edge), the weight of carrying the story falls to the characters and how they develop and interact, this is where I found it impossible to become invested in the game. The story by itself is good, but the characters that tell it to you are basically emotionless or otherwise reading some horrible line of dialogue. Most of the time you'll be wondering how the hell some of the lines made it to the final cut. This would be fine if the characters actually portrayed emotion through facial animations, something that is basically non-existent in todays gaming market. Instead, every character, whether in or out of a cut-scene or cinematic, has the same expression for everything. Happy, sad, concerned, fearful, angst (oh there's plenty of that), angry...it's all the same facial expression. This leads to extremely static characters, despite all the developing they're doing. In short, the main focal point of the game's story is told through static, boring characters with horrible dialogue.

The "gimmick", I suppose one could call it, of the game is the ability to influence and change (called Rewriting memories in the game's terminology) peoples memories. This is a great concept in the game and it is indeed fun when you get to do it. It is unfortunate that you only get the chance to do this four times (three if you played the demo, because that one is repeated). Still, despite this, it is a welcome part to the game and helps to break up the monotony of the extremely linear gameplay, the combat, and the between-chapter monologues.

Remember Me gets a 6/10. While it has it's problems, the saving grace for the game is a compelling story, even if it's told through robotic inexpressive characters.
  16. Mar 26, 2014
    This game is highly underrated. The story kept me interested, the combat was really fun, boss battles wer entertaining. Voice acting was pretty good (Edge was kind of crappy), but really I don't think this game deserves the crap I've read about it. People are too critical.
  17. Mar 21, 2014
    Like many, I have to give this game my protest vote of 10, even though in a world that was just I could give it the 7 that I actually think it deserves. I do not understand the people who have rated this a zero. PROS: Graphically stunning Excellent soundtrack New, unique IP that is well thought out Strong voice acting Interesting story CONS: Unintuitive control structure. It would have been nice to be told "to rewind memories don't just tweak the mouse to the left like the icon shows, make large counterclockwise circles around your mouse pad" which is cool, but just not obvious.

The fighting system has a great premise (customize your attack/healing/special moves) but a bit clunky in the execution for a mouse and keyboard port (key mappings maybe would have been better).

The open world isn't nearly open enough. You have a fairly linear path through most of the game, and I would have loved to explored some of what I could see.
  18. Mar 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is simply fantastic! Great Setting. The combats are a bit tricky at the beginning but in no-time you will be a decent hero! Climbing is easy, too. All you have to do is to believe that you already are aiming to the right side ;). I really enjoyed it! Nice Dystopia. Expand
  19. Mar 19, 2014
    Picked this game up on Steam for $10 on sale - I absolutely urge anyone who is an avid gamer to buy it.

I have seen a lot of griping about a number of things, and I hope to put some of them to rest. One example is that someone mentioned a seeming lack of imagination when it comes to enemies. To that, all I have to point out is that great games like Bioshock, for example, literally had
    like two types of enemies - Splicers and Big Daddies. That game is still widely regarded as a great title and this one is no different. Enemy archetypes are low in number, but the variance in enemies is by no means small. I found myself constantly enthralled by the evolution of enemies over time. It definitely felt like they were ramping up the the difficulty as time went on (when playing on the hardest difficulty) and therefore I think they did fine in this department.

Another thing people have mentioned is that they felt as though the combat system was strange or too simple - what have you. The combat system is exactly like what you would see in Batman: Arkham Asylum. It has that sort-of fluid momentum to it that I, personally, praise in video games. So, if you liked Arkham Asylum's combat system, you will like Remember Me's.

Things like the plot (I am about 50% of the way done) and the world seem to be wonderfully crafted. The world especially is breathtaking. In every chapter so far, there seems to be a subtle moment handed to the player to let them know that the environment is expansive and enveloping. It really does well, with the majorly-accredited musical score that accompanies it, in making the player feel immersed. The plot is interesting and holds up well to what I originally anticipated from the game.

Another major gripe seemed to be the interaction with memories and the player's ability to alter them. This was a minor pitfall in the sense that I felt like there needed to be more examples of this throughout the game. Still, in the examples that have occurred up to where I am currently at in the game, I have had plenty of fun trying to solve the puzzles. Sometimes you screw yourself, sometimes you accidentally alter it the wrong way - it /has/ to be limited to some extent but it is still really fun.

I gave the game a 10/10 simply because I think it is a fantastic game overall, an wonderfully immersive experience for players, and a great addition to any gamer's collection. If you can pick it up at $10, I would say it is entirely worth the cash if you have it on hand.

As an afterthought, here are some games that it contains elements of as a means of comparison to your tastes: The Bioshock Series, Batman: Arkham Asylum, elements of horror similar to those in parts of Dead Space and Dead Space 2, Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed, and even some relation to Dishonored. Super fun game, check it out in the very least and, if you get it, I definitely recommend tackling it with a controller.
  20. Mar 19, 2014
    Unskippable cutscenes. Incomprehensible QTEs. Bizarre mouse and keyboard controls. Awkward combat. Broken combo system. Constant crashes to desktop.
  21. Mar 16, 2014
    Remember me was a game which I lately heard about. When I played I said this is going to be boring and very unpleasant, but I have almost finished it and now I can decide myself. The story is awesome. I have never seen a idea like this, not even in movies, but in RM, sometimes, the purpose of the whole journey is forgotten. The character is great, well built and charming. What's missing for her it's a agressive husband. *joking*. I can say Nilin is the perfect one to finish getting back her memory and to make me ask who was she before this nightmare? The places are cool. A futuristic level at the concept of towns and alleys is not hard to make, not today, and here, the Neo-Paris is great built. What made me say this is one minimal detail which maybe doesn't matter in games who has not a open world: every shop, restaurant has its own interior and the inhabitants are not dead, such as other games, which make the game very nice watching. The gameplay is quite good; where I am talking about the movement, attack and parkour. The movement is very very easy to swallow, of course, for a woman, which is not a bitter pill. The attack is a bit confusing. I don't say about the combat and moves itself, but the combos are very often useless, as you don't know what to do to make one. On PC, QTE ( Quick Time Event(s)) are very decepting, as you have to execute some moves after some images that you do not know what means, and also, as a quick time event, you have to make them in a short time, not in a certain time. On consoles, at this class, the game is better polished. The parkour is neither good or bad, acceptable, as not to lower the grade for the game. You can just grap some edges of of a building, walk along the walls, climb up some stick and run quickly on platform, which does not constitutes a parkour game which also is not.
    All in all, the game is very attractive and nicely playing and I cannot understand why some gave it low grades and under-appreciated it. I give it a 9.
  22. Feb 4, 2014
    +The game has a very good atmosphere,cool soundtracks and gameplay may not be great but it is not bad also.
    +Story is something very new.
    +Game has about 3 Boss fights and they are all awesome especially madame boss fight.
    + Memory remix and remembrane are the most special thing about this game and they are really interesting.
    +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while
    and stare at the environment.
    the bad:
    -it's only 8 chapters so it's quite short.
    -you are caged in levels although some of them look wide as you can see buildings and water around you.
    -only about 2 or 3 puzzles.
    -all the enemies and important characters that you chase have the same face like captain Trace.
  23. Jan 26, 2014
    How could a game so wonderful get such terrible reviews? How could a game that I'd consider one of the best ever made get seen so poorly? Every aspect of this game, every single facet, is amazing -- the world, the characters, the flow of the combat. I will never understand, and will lament for quite a while, that this game may never get its proper recognition -- but I can say here and now, do yourself a favor: play Remember Me. Expand
  24. Jan 10, 2014
    I feel like i cheated the devs of this game by not driving to their HQ and personally giving them £100, this game has an interesting and deep story, the gameplay is not pulled off as well as games like Sleeping Dogs, but it does the Brawler/Action genre very well, However, it lost points for the dreadful porting. (the QTEs are almost unplayable) Oh, and there is a plot twist, and believe me, your not going to see it coming... Near to perfect in many ways, but this game hurts itself in places, yet none of those places take away from the experience. Expand
  25. Jan 8, 2014
    A hugely underrated game, this one is a good indication of why a game's worth should not be reduced to a single [metacritic] number.

This game tells a story. A story about a distopia where memories are commodity for desperate junkies, and the rich. It's full of references and quotations from famous literary writers and philosophers (from Balzac to Simone de Beauvoir). This narrative is
    also very well executed, and enriched with awesome graphics and an extremely fun combat system.

So why the low general score? The only negative issues I've seen target the game's linearity and hance the lack of replayability caused by it. I guess people judge games by their value of being potentially the only game to play for the rest of their lives, nowadays. Bugs are close to nonexistent or too minor to take any notice.

If you're into the concept of memories and a good distopic narrative that tells about it in an artistic manner sounds intriguing, this game is for you.
  26. Jan 6, 2014
    I have to give this game 0 points since it's completely unplayable. I'm stuck on the control tutorial, I am being asked to use the mouse/right stick to look around but no mater how much I look the game just wont move on. It's broken therefore ZERO points.
  27. Jan 6, 2014
    I'm absolutely amazed by this game, i loved the graphics the gameplay, the combat with combos. Without any doubt play it and pick it up.... The soundtrack was an amaze it always kept the feel of it... even tho it has some minuses, just because it was my best gaming experience i will rate it a ten out of ten
  28. Jan 1, 2014
    I enjoyed this game. The visuals are super. The audio was a bit scary as the cutting-out and repeat in music made me think my machine was having trouble; but no, it is just the way the sound is composed. The customizable combos might be a good idea, but I ended up using the 2-length punch combo all the time. Some boss fights were annoying a bit and had to look up the solution. Remixing was fun and I managed to "accidentally" get some extra achievements with them. The story is interesting and the corridor-like gameplay didn't disturb me at all. Some aspects reminded me of Bungie's old action game Oni (2001). I bought it on a sale but was well worth the money. Expand
  29. Dec 31, 2013
    I like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in a third person brawler; very reminiscent of Rocksteady's Arkham Asylum (Dontnod can hardly be blamed wishing to emulate that game). A linear title, but a pretty one, and quite enjoyable. Expand
  30. Dec 30, 2013
    it's a game with good graphics, story and cool interactions with the game, but the PC version of the game is just bad, the camera does go were you want it to go, the game requires a very powerful PC just to run it, the game play is terrible and what's worst is the controls, which doesn't follow what you want it to do or lags before it does it, also the action icon are vague making you unsure of what to do, if they fix the controls it might make it a descent game, because it's kind of hard to play the game if you can't control your character. Expand
  31. Dec 26, 2013
    *Update* Was upset because I can't play more than 15 min without game turning into a Lag Fest! Game was running more than 45 fps before suddenly dropping down to under 10 fps. Only way was to quit game & restart. Then someone advised me to turn of Supersampling & forced AA through Nvidia's control panel. It worked! I'm now gaming at near max. settings with beautiful graphics running almost 60 fps. No problem at all! Thus, other than it being a poorly optimized PC port of the console game, the game itself is really pretty. However, there's lots of unrealized potential unable to interact with the gorgeous environment because it is a corridor shooter with a story and a path mapped out in a linear manner i.e. practically no turn left-or-right options. Simply too linear. However, story is not bad, and the memory remixes is refreshing. Combat is ok. Its an overall innovative piece of work. However, you must be able to accept it being a linear action-adventure game. Expand
  32. Nov 2, 2013
    gave this game a 0/10 rating because i could not play the game because of all the problems i encountered...it was honestly a waste of my money and time. i never got past the skinner leaper as he never appeared no matter how many times i restarted the game, reloaded checkpoints, re installed the game, downloaded the update nothing seems to work.
  33. Oct 27, 2013
    it seems i only give my vote to highly underrated games (see my other reviews), but i just can´t help to see the injustice brought by the official critics to what i would call a gem of a game. if you are into cyberpunk, like dark and complex storylines and can live with a few (really only a few) flaws, then let me recommend this game: awesome graphics, nice gameplay, intriguing storyline, great art direction as well as the music. overall well done. especially for the first title of a studio. well done, dontnod! Expand
  34. Oct 19, 2013
    Awesome and smart "Johnny Mnemonic"-like story with sweet graphics, tasty platformer parts and smashing combats what do you need more to remember and love the game? I really satisfied with it. THX Dontnod.
  35. Oct 3, 2013
    A story with great unique potential, sadly backed up poorly. Fighting and movement feels awkward, and bossfights and many encounters are so monotonic you want to facepalm your self so hard that your brain is all over the wall behind you.
    While the story seemed ok, i never finished the game, after afew hours of playing i simply felt the lacking and repetetive gameplay and odd steering and
    camera angles, were not worth to go trough to see how the story would actually end. A shame really. Expand
  36. Sep 22, 2013
    A visit to Neo-Paris 2084 itself is worth playing this game. It has good action and puzzles, great storytelling, and an absolutely amazing setting. The environment and the methods that require use of the remixer glove to navigate make me think that this is what Hydrophobia Prophecy, a different game from a defunct indie developer, should have been.

'Remember Me' takes place in a
    beautiful futuristic city, with a little cyberpunk slum thrown into the mix. You play as Nilin, a wicked-awesome memory hunter that starts off with her memory being wiped, and goes on an adventure to get her memories back and take down a corrupt system. To help along theway, she has a glove that does everything from opening doors and moving objects (similar to Kate's keytool in Hydrophobia), to taking down enemies like a cannon, and ultimately steal/remix memories.

The climbing and navigating challenges were fun, and there's also a very unique puzzle system, which exists in this game here; remixing memories at major points in the game were pieces of art themselves! However, these were used rarely (only on key characters), but I suppose the writers wanted to emphasize that this was a power not to be abused by the heroine. Still, I wouldn't have minded if they added one or two more events along the way.

The story is interesting and tight, avoiding inconsequential side-quests that don't contribute to anything, and instead opt to let you see the amazing sights around you while pursuing your objectives.

There are several QTEs, which I found a little annoying, but the combo system they have is entertaining and allows for interesting combat. I would really like to see whatever improvements DONTNOD might have planned if we're ever fortunate enough to see Neo-Paris again.

Meanwhile, go and play this game!
  37. Sep 9, 2013
    Truly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very nice addition. It's what you get if you combine Mirror's Edge with Assassin's Creed and DmC Devil May Cry. It's a third-person platforming combat puzzle game. However, despite what the reviewers say, the game is not disjointed at all. The platforming sections, combat, stealth puzzles and story are interwoven and give the game some variety. The combat consists of punch, kick and dodge. Whilst this may sound repetitive, the key feature is that you are rewarded for using combos, and you can choose how you want to mix and match these rewards from health regen, meter regen or more damage. Whilst it is quite slow and clunky in smaller areas due to the various enemies taking up too much space, it's certainly not as repetitive or broken as some claim it to be. Nowhere near as deep or fluent as Batman Arkham, but still hard-hitting and rhythm based. The platforming is generally very good, with few issues regarding where you can and can't go, because the game shows you where to go at all times. No major camera or controls issues either. Level design could be better given the context of the game, but at least it isn't boring. The memory remixing is a nice feature too, and kinda gives an "Inception" feel to the game. In terms of the story and characters, it's very similar to Mirror's Edge, but feels somewhat more developed and significant. Characters are well-developed and the story comes to a nice conclusion with scope for a sequel. There is a perfect balance between story and gameplay. Graphics on highest settings are very sharp for a DX9 Unreal Engine 3 game but then again, so are DmC and Mirror's Edge. Even though the game isn't too demanding on hardware, I struggled to get anywhere near 50 or 60 frames per second with an i5-3470, Radeon HD 7850 and 8GB RAM. This is no issue though, since the game still plays and looks great without any spikes in framerate. In conclusion, Remember Me doesn't rewrite the rulebook for action-adventure games; nor does it make significant advancements in any particular aspect. But it is a high quality yet different game which definitely deserves more credit than the critics are giving it. Expand
  38. Sep 2, 2013
    Beautiful graphics, but the story is ridiculously linear and lacks true feeling. It is best described as a failed ham, trying to feel more dramatic and emotional instead of what it really is a hasty, uninteresting story. Combat is just another beat-em-up type system with a combo "lab" that boils down to varying four types of attacks in each combo. Gorgeous? Yes. Good? No.
  39. Aug 31, 2013
    Although the gameplay wasn't too great, I did enjoy the storyline and premise quite a bit. The game was well worth the play though and I completed the game all the way which is more than I can say for some games. As I have stated before, I do love a game with a intriguing storyline and this one delivers with its gripping vision of neo-paris.

However I cannot justify paying the retail
    price for this game, it doesn't deliver enough for the price and although the premise of memory hunting in the future is grand, the game fails to amaze and at times fails to entertain. couple that with less than stellar gameplay and it puts the game way lower on my rating table than it could have been.

Worth a play, but only after the price has dropped considerably.
  40. Aug 30, 2013
    I really had fun playing Remember Me, and that's what makes a good game in my opinion. The story is great with quiet some unexpected twists and the characters are interesting. Also, i really liked the graphics of the game and the environment of "Neo-Paris". I think they created a great atmosphere there.
    The fighting system, though, is one of the worst ever and i had some trouble getting
    used to it. The game is also totally linear.
    All in all Remember Me is still a nice experience and really worth playing.
  41. Aug 28, 2013
    Meh. Not the best game I ever played. Not up to expectations. Weird ass gameplay. Umm, what else, not a very interesting story. I gotta give it this. It was a good concept and if they come at the game from a different perspective they might be able to make a sequel. but it would need new characters and plot, and setting.
  42. Aug 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Some games should just be movies and forget the whole gameplay element. Some people have taken this to heart and turned for instance Heavy Rain into a movie by recording and editing a game walkthrough.

Remember Me to me offers perfectly forgettable gameplay inter-spaced by a decent and interesting story. It doesn't get as bad as later Final Fantasy games were you just wished you could murder the guy that keeps tacking on yet more corridors filled with boring enemies but this game is the complete opposite of the early Tomb Raider games, I couldn't tell you their story but still remember some gameplay sections vividly. Just a few hours of later I could tell you about the early game sections of Remember Me but I do remember the story very clearly.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't want a heavy dose of story with a light touch of gaming. This isn't a Deus Ex (although the story setting is very familiar if more intimate) with lots of exploring and freedom and choices. This is on rails story game where you have the task of getting from A to B, clearing a room of enemies and remixing peoples memories.

And if the last idea has you all excited. Don't. It is an interesting concept but only used a handful of times, is awfully finicky and there is only ONE right solution although you can watch and see what the wrong combo's do.

The combat is forgettabe, a clone of the batman games although thankfully without the annoying habbit of getting killed by a dozen enemies with shotguns.

Good story.
    Average combat.
    On rails platform jumping.

But the story saves a lot... although truth be told, the main story is good, the world itself is pretty sterile. Things happen in it but you never feel connected, the game is actually really devoid of detail and supporting characters.

All in all, I rate it an 8. It is not a master piece but it did amuse me, I liked the story and it just worked, no broken gameplay, no unbeatable bosses. A competent game, play it for a bargain price when you need to waste a few hours with some simple gaming a nice "make you think but not to deeply" story.
  43. Aug 16, 2013
    Super Spiel jeder Cent war es wert!
    Super Story!
    Und Gute Grafik!
    Gute Musik!
    Gameplay ist in Ordnung!
    Macht Super Spaß das Spiel noch mal zu Zocken
  44. Aug 13, 2013
    This game deserves more than 7.2, I'd give it a solid 8.5.
    Pros:
    Beautiful graphics
    Interesting background story and plot
    Very good voice acting (especially the main character)
    Strong female protagonist
    Great combat
    Fantastic music

Cons
    Camera angle is a bit hard to control at points
    Encountered a couple of minor bugs

Overall, definitely worth playing hope for a free roam sequel?
  45. Aug 5, 2013
    Good linear story which took me 14h to complete the game (without rushing through). Graphics are well done and create a dense atmosphere. Gameplay is somewhat simple, and not too difficult at normal setting. Mouse and Keyboard controls are precise and well done, so is the camera system. IMHO if you like tomb raider in a scify setting without too much thinking this is for you.
  46. Aug 3, 2013
    Zacznę od tego, że oczekiwałem iż Remember Me będzie kwalifikowało się do gry roku. Napaliłem się na tą produkcję rok temu na E3. Nareszcie coś nowego. Nie druga, trzecia, enta kontynuacja jakiegoś dobrego tytułu. Nareszcie nowy silnik, nowy oryginalny(tak mi się wydawało) bohater. Na nieszczęście, zawiodłem się. Jednak zacznę od tego co w tej grze najlepsze. Na pewno grafika, gra wygląda ładnie, naprawdę ładnie, co prawda nie wszystko zostało tu zrobione świetnie, jednak większość miejsc jest zrobionych bardzo szczegółowo, położono nacisk na każdy element, dlatego bardzo przyjemnie się gra. Sama walka, pomimo tego że jest dziwna, jest jednak nowa(co prawda momentami ma się skojarzenia z Batmanem) i raczej nikt nie powie "Zgapiona z bo czegoś takiego, przynajmniej w TAKIEJ formie jeszcze nie było. Łączenie, tworzenie, wykonywanie kombosów w walce, jest fajne, chodź przez wielu pewnie denerwujące. Do tego trzeba się przekonać, wiem że nie wszyscy to polubią, jednak mi wykonywało się to fajnie. Widziałem w tym coś nowego. Jednak twórcy nie przygotowali gry do tej walki. Naprawdę ciężko się skupić na wykonywaniu kombosów gdy atakuje mnie niewidzialny przeciwnik, czy przeciwnik którego uderzając zabieram sobie HP. Nie ma skupiania się na celu, dlatego przy końcówce gry, robi się to naprawdę denerwujące i uciążliwe. Fabuła jest ciekawa, powoli się rozwija i pokazuje klimat. Jednak od takiego tytułu oczekiwał bym po prostu czegoś więcej, przynajmniej jeżeli chodzi o fabułę, nie klimat. Po dłuższym czasie gry, zaczynamy się nudzić, twórcy po 3/4 czy nawet połowie gry nie mają już nic ciekawego(nie denerwującego...) do pokazania. Gra ciekawa, dobra, jednak OCZEKIWAŁEM o wiele więcej. Moja ocena 7/10 Expand
  47. Jul 31, 2013
    What could have been a good game is absolutely ruined by terrible controls. I have seen a lot of crapy console ports but this one takes the cake. On top of that mediocre graphics don't help the game either. Otherwise this game has some innovative game play and is impressive by its futuristic design of the world.
  48. Jul 30, 2013
    What a great potential this game had! But unfortunately I found the gameplay to be horrible. Such a shame, as the graphics design, art style, music, sound design etc. in some parts are really fantastic. But the clunky and annoying fighting system, the oversimplified platformer parts (arrows showing you exactly where to climb/jump, seriously?) and a ridiculously absurd plot with an even more absurd and at the same time predictable ending did not make playing through this game a very pleasant experience for me. Expand
  49. Jul 30, 2013
    Almost there. The proportions of various gameplay mechanics (combat, puzzles, platforming) are good, however there's not enough of the flagship feature memory remixing. You do it only like 5 times in the game and it accounts for less than 10% of the play time. I really wish they put in more of that. Also, I was hoping to see a living city with lots of environment interaction, talking NPCs and performing various tasks, but the game is totally linear and the surroundings are just a backdrop. Expand
  50. Jul 29, 2013
    Excellent art work and GUI design in combination with stupid combat system, non-existent gameplay, corridor-like levels and annoying cutscenes.
    After you've watched all the endless (but very nice looking) cutscenes, they give you 30 seconds to run forward a bit, then show another cutscene, another 30 secs, and another cutscene. The designer just doesn't let you play and keeps interrupting
    you with the cutscenes. It feels more like a movie than a game.
    There is no mouse control in any of the menus which is very annoying when you attempt to configure all those combos.
    The scenery is extremely detailed and looks as if you do lots of things, go to all kind of directions and places, but all of this is just fake. It's non-interactive, there is only one ledge to jump to, only one way to go.
    Stupid, pointless and worthless game where so many art assets are just wasted. Cmon, I just don't understand how you managers can have so little respect for the artists whom you force to illustrate the garbage you are producing.
  51. Jul 29, 2013
    Beautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only finds joy in rushing through games without truely experiencing them? Get out--I mean... you might wanna pass on this. Expand
  52. Jul 28, 2013
    It is sad that such a good idea had gone to waste. Capcom had a great chance becouse of the idea of human memories being the game's main point but it seems like they didn't care about the plot that much and "tried" to focus on gameplay, which is also not so amusing. They could have written an epic plot, though they gave us a game, just about beating some armed man, cyborgs and mutants. This fact made the game so reptetive and also boring as because almost all of the bosses and other enemies had a terrible AI. Graphics were fine untill you realise you cannot properly interract with the environment and most of the levels just serves as a corridor that all you could do is running straight till you finish the level. Give me some space to look around and enjoy the graphics at least, please. For me, the only good thing about the game was it's music and it's idea. Remember Me can not take any more than 3/10 from me.

"All I can remember about Remember Me is, punch-punch-kick-punch-kick. Such a turn off. Quote from myself, explaining the game to a friend of mine.
  53. Jul 27, 2013
    Remember me is a game which has taken me by surprise. Graphically it is STUNNING at max settings. The fighting does not flow as well as batman or sleeping dogs, however there are some nice custom combos and building up of skills as you progress through the game.

The game is very linear, which is good and bad. The tutorials are good and don't get in the way much. Story is so so but you
    will be too busy looking at the games scenery to mind too much.

Graphics don't make a good game, they only add to a good game to help make it great. Remember me has it's faults but is not as shallow as some reviews I have seen would make you believe.

I will definitely be recommending it to friends.
  54. Jul 24, 2013
    This game deserves a MUCH higher rating than it has. It's not a 66. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The combat system fights like batman, but you also get to select how each strike in a combo effects your situation. Some strikes can heal you, some can reduce cooldown timers, some add more damage. Ignore the metacritic rating. Watch the gameplay videos. If you think you might like it from that, then play. Expand
  55. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is solid and worth playing. COMBAT This combat is fun although at times threatens to become repetitive most of the time something new would pop up and renew my interest. GRAPHICS Better than decent graphhics and the transitions from cutscene to gameplay were near seamless, on par with tombraider. CRITICISM You cannot skip cutscenes which can be grating but in view of what the game was about, ie telling a story, I found it acceptable.

CONCLUSION
    Definitely worth playing. Not sure what the game critics are on about
    It has a few simple puzzles that are quickly solved but it was nice that the game included that.
  56. Jul 22, 2013
    Le jeu mérite un 6 mais pas plus. Il est beau, l'histoire est intéressante mais le reste est fade: - on est dans un couloir - pas de possibilité de "mixer" le cerveau de qui on veut - combat plutôt simple - effet de passage de niveau trop l'ancienne - 6/8 heures de jeux pas plus à côté de ça, les mouvements du personnage sont bons et les combats très immersifs mais ça s'arrête là, j'espère qu'il y aura une suite qui corrigera les points négatifs que je lui reproche. Expand
  57. Jul 19, 2013
    Graphics/Art style are top notch.
    Theme/subject is really cool but poor execution on them.
    Level design is about as linear as a noodle.
    Sound really good.
    Music really good.
    Gameplay pretty lame.
    Combat felt lame also.
  58. Jul 16, 2013
    A really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game to another game i would compare it to batman arkham city it is not as great as batman but it is also not that bad you create you're own combos which i find really cool aspect but the camera in the game doesn't help and without targeting system it might get a bit frustrating and it would have been better if it was a bit longer but still a great game that you should give a try Expand
  59. Jul 16, 2013
    WOW. Most amazing game. So deep and emotional. Big Kudos to the developers. This game is a real piece of art and will be remembered forever.

The mechanics could need some work, that is true. But if the outcome is this impressive I don't care for a little clumsiness.

It's such a shame that the usual reviewer seems to be to stupid to 'get' this game. This is an instant classic.
  60. Jul 14, 2013
    When you not feeling ADHD, and u can concentrate -and let something take you and float you, move you. This game is A MA ZING experience. You get to that other world! -rather than rage in Dota LoL or CS -As a guy who plays dota cs over 8 hours a day and studies about other 8 hours, game programming, im telling you- its a game that frees you for a moment and takes you away!
  61. Jul 13, 2013
    remember me is great game that has few miss steps that take it from greatness. its also not as deep as it should have been. remember mes world is amazing!!!! theres a great artstyle and architecture. the world is full with cool robots and inventions. the game has cool technology, especially the sensen, which shows you cool things on your journey. the game has a great concept, but it could have been taken even further the use of the concept in the game is still awesome) the games music is also pretty good and sound design is great. most of the voice acting is good, though some of it was a bit bad. the same can be said for the writing. most of the writing was good though a bit was dumb. the games camera angles are really cool and are used masterfully. i did have few problems when getting close to walls but its nothing major. the world also has cool and interesting notes and collectibles to find. the combat system is great though towards the end it gets a bit repetetive its not really bad). the combo lab is great feauture and i hope other games use it as well. memory remixes are also pretty fun and i hope to see more of them in the future. the games platforming is a bit problematic. the game is just inconsistent to what ledges you can use. this makes the platforming kind of dumb. also a problem is what the w,a,s,d keys do when platforming. they just change all the time and its a bit frustrating. the game also has few invisible walls and i encountered few audio glitches. also the locking system is a bit annoying. the game is linear, which isnt a bad thing, and thats just the king of game it is. if you dont like linear games, then dont get it, but you cant complain about the kind of game it is!!

overall a great game! its concept and interesting world are awesome, and if you like action games that are linear you should definetly get this!!!!!
  62. Jul 11, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some of the fights are interesting. The story and visual/environmental design absolutely are the strong points of Remember Me. If you like sci-fi at all, you won't want to miss this it's a lot of fun. I look forward to whatever Dontnod makes next. Expand
  63. Jul 10, 2013
    Very rarely do you find a game where it would have been better served to be some kind of movie. This is a game you will remember (heh) for quite some time but you won't always think of great things when it comes to this game.

First the good: this is one of the most original new worlds to come along in forever. The subject matter dealt with is wonderful and it's a clever twist on the
    classic amnesia backdrop. The characters aren't stellar but they move the story along just fine and the ending is wonderful and refreshing. The memory sequences you play movie director on were very fun. I personally have never done something like that so it was refreshing.

Now the bad: pretty much everything that makes this a game is average or below average. The gameplay is terrible, the poor camera got me killed multiple times at the end during combat and the platforming is pretty poor. When games like Assassin's Creed exist that have perfected the running platforming/combat mixture, there's no reason for this kind of piss poor gameplay all around. The boss battles are ok but the tacked on QTE elements added to them just show laziness on the part of the developer. This game is not God of War and QTE's in general are just so overplayed now. Plus there are only 4 of those great memory sequences in the entire game, meaning you'll experience the best part of the game less than a 1/10th of the time you play this game. There needed to be at least 3-4 more of these sequences in the game, especially toward the beginning.

With everything wrong with this game, I'd still highly recommend people playing it for the story. It's very creative and it would be a shame to allow one of the most original universes to come around in a long time be pushed aside just cause of terrible gameplay. I hope they make a sequel, or better yet, a movie along these same subject lines. This story was meant to be watched and not played and the potential for this universe to shine is very attractive. It's just a shame that a great setting and subject matter have to be bogged down by gameplay elements that are very subpar. Wait for this game to go on sale, which it already has at this point, to pick this up but definitely pick this up and play through it. It's a treat, maybe a soggy mess, but it's still a treat.
  64. Jul 10, 2013
    This is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear and to the point. The graphics are fantastic on PC but I played it with a controller because I output it to my TV and it felt very comfortable with a controller on the big screen. The sound design and music is top notch, they really went over the top with the glitch style and it works perfectly in this setting where others try and do it and it doesn't fit nearly as well. The story is interesting and unique, you can kind of predict the flow but there's still not a whole lot of games out there that tell a similar story (I can think of a few but I'd rather not spoil it with comparisons).

On the bad side, I experienced a game breaking bug that required me to start from my checkpoint 3 times. A specific combination wasn't triggering the combat to end so it was odd and broke the immersion. There are a few other strange bugs where you weren't able to climb or maneuver correctly. The combat system is enjoyable BUT as many others have mentioned It's a bit disappointing that you can't chain attacks from enemy to enemy. So for example, if you want to do a 5x combo, you have to finish it on a single enemy. If you go up to 3 and then decide to dodge and hit another guy, it starts over. Doesn't feel like you build momentum as well as you should, however the abilities make up for it. The remixing is great, but I almost wish there was more of it. In fact, I wish the game was a few hours longer. It's linear, but almost too linear where you can probably run through the game pretty fast. The good thing is the art is great and every location is different but very cohesive.

As a side note, I got this game for $26 on Green man Gaming and I think it would be well worth $40-50 new. But if it goes on sale and you want to give it a try, I think you'll either really love it or you'll hate it.
  65. Jul 9, 2013
    imagine a mix of mirrors edge, tomb raider, street fighter, with the graphics of unreal tournament 3. thats basically what it is. but not in a bad way. i had a lot of fun playing this, seriously. the game includes so many new ideas, a good story and an incredible use of the unreal engine. leveldesing, especially the later stages, the reflections, the light effect and details simply amazing.

the music and sounds are matching, the controls are simple.
    i point that out because some noobs in the forums complain about "hard controls and weird camera angle". i call this the camera is just moving like at tomb raider, or else.

the only thing i didnt like were the enemies, there could have been more different ones, and i would like to have a litte more open world feeling.
    the game also bugs sometimes when you alt+tab while its running.

all together its a great game and shouldnt be missing in your collection.
  66. Jul 9, 2013
    Terrible fight mechanics the baddest i've seen in a very long time, general crap game play.

Game doesnt seem bad except for the gameplay itself and the fight mechanics.....
  67. Jul 8, 2013
    Unfortunately game disappointed, me. I expected great fights, some jumps and great story. Story is great (two, maybe three moments are weak), fights are just proper, jumps are weak. But still it's good game (but only good).
  68. Jul 5, 2013
    It is a very, very beautiful and sexy game, with a lot of artistic sense in it. Everybody who has been in free-climbing (as a sport or adventure) can see big influence from that thanks.
    On the other side it could benefit from the better fighting with more strategic ideas in it not just a hysteric left-right mouse buttons pressing added by the space bar and WASD keys... You know, to have
    a feeling you were smart at the end of the fighting scene, not just that you have quick fingers. After 11 hours of play still do not understand combos what to use and how.
    In any way, didn't regret buying it. Would recommend to everybody with inclination to SF. Graphics is one of the best ever.
  69. Jul 3, 2013
    I'm about 1/3 of the way through and gotta say, its much better than I expected, I'm really enjoying it. Sure its linear, but thats necessary for storytelling. The gameplay is also nice and fluid, feels like tomb raider, assassins creed 3 and a platform game rolled into one. I like a good storyline, and the ability to manipulate memories in certain scenes is surprisingly fun. I like the main character, feels realistic and human, I like the story, hell, I even like the linear stage to stage process (which I normally don't). Expand
  70. Jul 1, 2013
    I was originally a bit skeptical about this game. And I will say the number one flaw in this game is the combat system is a bit bland and repetitive, and given the beautiful environment you had it would have been nice to be given a bit more of a option to explore around and such. While I do agree this is a lot of like a cinema game where a lot of the time you spend will be watching the story progress through cut-scenes. The actual story itself is something I enjoy watching. I would say you should wait for a steam sale or something of that matter before going out and purchasing it. Expand
  71. Jun 30, 2013
    I was really anxious to play this game. I don't usually find out about games before they're released, but this one was different. I thought that the story seemed interesting, and so I got the game on it's release date. Right of the back I noticed it's unoriginal graphics. It is powered by the Unreal engine, but I was expecting something much more ground-breaking. The cut-scenes look lifeless, the voice actors give the characters very cliche personalities. As for the game-play, it's very monotonous. I loved remixing dreams, it's a very great, fresh idea. I would've loved the game to be based more on that. Sadly, it is overshadowed by dull combat mechanics, even on normal, I didn't have a challenge because of the healing pressens. The game tried to go for an Arkham City kind of game-play, but all that fails because of the enemies feeling like logs that you hit with sticks that are sketched over to look like arms and legs. I also had a few glitches playing with the controller, where the game would just send me in one direction, but I guess that's just a battery issue.

The game doesn't provide an interesting story, but rather goes the safe way. It has very forgettable characters, and it doesn't make you care about Nillin. A very cliche story and monotonous game-play makes this game miss out on a spot in anyone's top 10 games of the year list, but it's still a fun game. Not really worth the 40 euro price tag though. 7/10
  72. Jun 30, 2013
    Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked) reduce cooldown of powers, heal, and do damage. I like that the game introduces new powers and abilities gradually, allowing you time to master them all, and gives hints if you're missing the way to deal with a specific enemy.

All of that is nothing of consequence, though, when you consider the gorgeously realised world and the story that you follow through it. This is the focus of the game and what makes this stand above all others this year so far. I don't care about the best way to click to kill things, what I care about is story crafting and being involved in what is happening at a deeper level. This game delivers in spades and I so hope that another game gets made. What a great vision and slickly executed. Please, if you are unsure of whether to bother with this then DO. Otherwise you will be missing out on a work of art.

It is a shame that this game wasn't better received, even though a lot of the criticism seems to be along the lines of "if only it had done it EVEN better then it would have been fantastic". I loved it. You probably will too, so take a chance!
  73. Jun 30, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game but I cant. The graphics are good. The music is awesome. The world is fantastic. But the gameplay is a disaster. Linear gameplay is good but what is to much is to much. The fight system is boring and repetitive. The climbing is even more boring then the fighting. Sadly I cant recommend it.
  74. Jun 30, 2013
    Nice mix between Mirror's Edge and Assasins Creed, Also enjoyed the story, the way combos are performed and all the movements that our girl can do! I do anjoyed this game!
  75. Jun 29, 2013
    This game is just awesome. Since it was available to pre-purchase it, I couldn't wait to hold this game in my hands.
    Now, that I've played it a couple of hours I can say it again. This game is absolutely worthly to play.
    It contains a great story, great music and a pretty well gameplay.
    Of course, it's not perfect. The camera-handling with the controller (it's terrible on the PC with
    keyboard and mouse for my taste, with controller it's way more likely to handle) could be better here and there. The terrain where you could go in the game could be a little bit bigger, but that's all I can criticise. Otherwise this game shows that you can make a great game even as your first game of the studio (DONTNOD Entertainment) and without those damn fire-weapons and stuff like that (which is now in about 70% of the new game-IPs) just with a great character design and a cool fighting-system.
    It shows some great new ways to play a game, and I really hope that the harsh critic of some guys here and the not that good sales of the game won't ruin a sequel to this, which fixes the critic-points of the first game and shows an even better experience for the player. If Remember Me 2 will come, I'll buy it. Definentaly.
  76. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is a story you can play but you can't interact with it. Has long you are ok with that you wil have a good time. But like so many game nowdays it really is a short game (8 to 10 hours in the hardest difficulty). with all in graphics nothing in game life time. Some pro and con now. It is on many point like mirror edge.

Pro: great original and captivating story. Fun and
    interesting gameplay.
    Con: Really short. You can't decide anything your watching the game and story and just fight for time to time. Linear.

In the end if it was cheaper or with choice to influence and change the story (various ending) or with a longer life time, it would have been a good 8 but considering all these i put a 6.
  77. Jun 26, 2013
    This game has many flaws as well as many strong points. While the combat was bad at best and the addition of better exploration and more variety in problem solving, the game has an absolutely fantastic story, creates an amazingly interesting world, has mind blowing music, and adds a great element through its memory altering bits. Overall it is not a perfect game, far from it actually, but it is not a bad game either. This is a very good game all things considered and even though it could have been even better with a bit more work, it is definitely worth the buy and it certainly does not deserve the hate it has gotten from some. I do really hope that DONTNOD entertainment returns to this setting in a future title that could fix up some of the problems that this one. By using better mechanics in the amazing world already created, DONTNOD could create a game that would certainly be one in a million. Expand
  78. Jun 25, 2013
    It's impossible to deny that gameplay is hardly engaging, but it's overly easy not to pay any attention to it thanks to the incredibly immersive world and captivating story, both of which blew mind my mind.
  79. Jun 24, 2013

Memories make us who we are today, and in losing hers, Nilin, Remember Me‘s lead protagonist, is a bit of a nobody for over half the game. She’s flat, generic, and lacking in any humor, charm, or intrigue. That’s a bit of a problem when you’re introducing a new IP this late into the generation cycle. Palindromic French developer
    DONTNOD Entertainment have audaciously stepped on their own feet over a number of conditions regarding the games creation, but they persevere in the only way that European games usually can. There’s a lot of love hate ideas in Remember Me, and its pop-philosophic inquiry into the future of Paris is explored through a vibrant and fantastic science fiction world that certainly gives more to love than to hate.

The lead protagonist is dry, although there’s plenty of narrative explaining why, and the game is made on the ageing Unreal 3 engine at a time where gamers are hard to please, and we’re swooning over new architecture and videogame engines. It’s going to take something special to wow us at this juncture. Why would a 3D action platformer set in a science fiction universe, with a generic English protagonist do the job? The answer is simple: Remember Me excels in more places than it falls. It has an exceptional sound track, beautiful art design, and some of the most authentically tantalizing set pieces in any game of late. It’s platforming done right, and that is actually a pretty rare feat.

Welcome to Neo-Paris

DONTNOD have mirrored Japanese fiction in their sticking ‘Neo’ in the front of any city to indicate some kind of cataclysmic event in the past. This time, Paris is flooded (ostensibly due to global warming although this isn’t discussed), and everyone’s all a little too addicted to a Google Glass technology called ‘Sensen’, or the Sensation Engine, which enables the manipulation and distribution of memories between people, systems, etc,. A worst case scenario type deal, the Sensen technology has been abused by a faceless government, who disable or remove peoples memories to such an extent as to render them docile and without identity as a form of punishment. Mindless husks are thus driven mad and driven to the darkest corners of Neo-Paris, whilst those who survive (let’s call them the 1% for and giggles) do so without questioning authority.
    Unhappy with the way the government are abusing Google Glass… I mean… ‘Sensen’, a group of terrorists-but-not-terrorists called ‘Errorists’ (not joking) break Nilin out of jail to once again try to shut down Google… I mean Memorize, the guys behind the brain implant. Doing this is a matter of killing, but more intriguingly, stealing or adjusting the memories of key characters concerned with the development and distribution of the governments and corporations evil deeds. These ‘Errorists’ are humanists, or Luddites, depending on your perspective. However, throwing wooden clogs at loom’s isn’t enough to sufficiently quell the theft and alteration of the cities identity.
    This is science fiction written to appeal to a very broad science fiction demographic, but it’s presented with finesse, class, and rich detail, even if the writing and exposition is a little lackluster. The narrow streets and juxtaposed Neo-Paris and classical Paris are wonderfully rendered, and much of the city even in its new form retains that unmistakable French architecture, famous for making London look architecturally retarded.

There’s always something whizzing past, or chasing you.
    Remember Me is the epitome of ‘streamlined’. What is often said to mean linear retains some of its subtlety here, because whilst Remember Me is about as linear as dry spaghetti, it’s incredibly refined. There’s always a scripted event going on, such as ships swooshing past, or something chasing you down, and Nilin’s repository of tricks and moves does enough to bridge the gap between minimal user input and something more along the lines of an actual videogame. At times Remember Me feels like some perverse AAA version of Temple Run, but the narrative cut-scenes, boss battles, and genuinely interesting combat system remind me that there’s more to it than simply jumping from pretty building A to pretty crane B.
  80. Jun 23, 2013
    The only reason I'm giving this game a 10/10 is beacuase I feel the current scoring does not accurately reflect the state of the game at present time. Remember Me is one of the most refreshing gaming experiences I have had in a while.

That said, many people like to complain about the combat, for me the combat was just fine. It was fluid & provided a good customization system for your
    combos, I only wish it wasn't only limited to four. And since when did linearity become such a bad thing, it is absurd how we declare games as bad if they don't offer Skyrim levels of exploration. I don't want Skryim in my Remember Me. Skyrim was a terrible game that doesn't deserve any of the praise that is currently has. Everything about it was bland & uninspiring. My taxes are too damn high! Expand
  81. Jun 23, 2013
    So i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hopping shouldn't break your combatflow (it lets you continue the combo). The combo system is also better than people are giving it credit for, i found it quite intuitive. Platforming could've been done better, but i fear this is a necessary evil due to the relatively narrow/linear area's. I suspect this is the devs first big game, they had limited time and resources and therefore could not create a Tomb Raider('13)-like enviroment. However the design of the levels works, and they help build suspension and build atmosphere, helped by the camera angles and lighting.
    The protagonist is why it scores high in my book. I'm not some drooling fanboy, but i'd like to see more non-male (Marcus Fenix type) Protagonists. Because the game wouldn't have worked without it. And it's shameful to see how contrived the gaming industry is, fearing that the game won't sell if there isn't some MANLY MAN posted on the box cover. No, it will likely not attract the Gears of War crowd...but they have gears of war (and will likely stay there). It will attract a different crowd, people who are interested in atmosphere, immersion, and a catchy story. A crowd that is really underserved at this point. And this is what this game is trying to do, and to a large degree pulls of rather nicely. I hope despite the mixed result the publishers see potential in this game, and won't let it turn into another Beyond Good & Evil. Because that's what this game reminds me off. And what i also love about this game. So my high score is 75% creditted to the game, and 25% for sponsoring new and interesting IP's.
  82. Jun 23, 2013
    Remember me starts strong. Right from the get go your memory has been erased, and you are looking at screen, wandering what is going on, who are you, what is this all about and you feel the same with protagonist Nilin as she wanders brainwashed this futuristic "nazi" clinic that is obviously hurting its patients since screams are all around you.

Someone helps you, you escape and this
    brilliant beautiful world of Neo-Paris unveils. The world in the game is rich, detailed and with a feel of fake happiness. You are immediately sucked in, but still with vague understanding of what is going on but the game lays out the story in nice little chunks, and what a story it is. So many new ideas, futuristic possibilities, philosophical questions the lot! I won't spoil it, just take it from me, story is amazing!

From a graphical standpoint game absolutely shines. Textures may not be the highest res, I am guessing do to consoles, but the use of light took my breath away a few times. I even walked other than ran most of the levels just to admire the level design and graphics.

Sound is also great rain sound different on metal rooftops or concrete, tunnels echo,... I like it. Those little details really remind you that the fame is polished, and that should be respected.

From the gameplay point, it falls a bit shorter. Obviously it's a beat'em'up, but with a twist. Instead of 4 weapons like DMC, you have 4 kings of punches and kicks power, health regen, powerup cooldown and double the previous one and you arrange the on predetermined combos. Sort of great, but there are only 4 combos, and emenies take quite a lot of beating so combat gets repetitive quite early. Each new enemy has new kind of strategy but that doesn't enrich the combat much more.

Other thing is parkour. Unlike Assassin Creed, it is linear, you can jump only where it is predetermined, so exploring this wonderful world is very limited; but I'll turn my blind eye on it. Because it's linear you are not roaming generic houses that get boring after some time, here you are lead through rich alleys, environments, rooms etc... and since graphics are amazing and world is very detailed I am glad it's like that. There is a moment when you are running away from a gunship again, very linear, but the places you go through are just so amazing. So there, I like it the way it is.

Plus there are some more amazing moments where you dive into someone's memory to alter it great stuff!

Think of it as Deus EX with a touch of DMC. And I you enjoyed Deus EX, you will absolutely love this one. I hope there will be a sequel that is how much I like it.
  83. Jun 22, 2013
    This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling. It makes everything look amazing but it can lower frame rates.)
    overall this game is one that shall hold a place in my heart for many years to come, and I cannot recommend it enough
  84. Jun 21, 2013
    An interesting game, that is pretty much you can say at this moment. Remember Me has potential and is a good start of a new IP, and a good start from a new developer.

The unique thing about this game is the atmosphere of where everything is going to take place: Neo-Paris in 2084. It doesn't give me the traditional sci-fi feeling, more a post-apocalypse feeling somehow (probably because
    some regions in Neo-Paris are abandoned and are now the area of living for the Leapers, some kind of mutated humans). I never felt the same thing for an atmosphere in a game, Remember Me is truly unique, especially because there is an awesome soundtrack.

Other pro's are the combo's: You can create your own combo's and choose what advantages you want. While you play, you will collect items, that will include Intel about Neo-Paris, about the people you will meet or unlock Art Work and 3D models.

Unfortunatly, there are some cons as well: Camera is a bit clumsy, no decent targeting system in combat, and (normal) fights can take ages. Graphics are mmkay, not that great. Completing the story will take you only about 4-6 hours, not that long in other words.

Remember Me won't be the greatest game of this year, but it won't be the worse either. It is, however, the best debut of the year. Dontnod has proven they're gameworthy, and I can't wait to see what they will make in the future.
  85. Jun 20, 2013
    Remember Me for me is the NIER of 2013 with the only exception being the good looking graphics. Both start off pretty slow, but somewhere around the 25/30% mark of the game it completely sucks you in.
    Pros: A very good plot and narrative Rich atmosphere Awesome soundtrack Good looking A very good second half...
    Cons: Game feels a bit like chore in the beginning A bit too much of a
    cinematic experience sometimes A semi-good case of inconsistency...
    It's not a near perfect game, but it's absolutely one you should check out just for the experience.
    Remember Me 8.25/10: YEAH!!!
    I really hope we see something again from DONTNOD and their universe
  86. Jun 19, 2013
    Overall I would say that Remember Me is an entertaining sci-fi action game that is flawed in areas and fails to reach it's true potential.

Visually it is a very striking game that avoids being overly stylistic and provides plenty of beautiful environments and high tech eye candy. Unfortunately the scenery is just that, scenery that you look at it in the background as the gameplay is
    quite linear. This game is much more linear than say the recent release The Last of Us. The gameplay consists of a mix of platforming ala Assassin's Creed and Uncharted but with a lot less freedom to explore. Check that, almost no freedom to explore; there is just the bare minimum of side paths which are very minimal in depth themselves. While I was disappointed that this was not a more open world type of game it did not cause me to quit playing. The story, characters, settings, voice acting and dialogue were all done well enough to keep me immersed in the game.

The combat is akin to fighting games and the ability to more or less make up your own combos (within the scope of the preset combo templates) adds to the customization of the combat. The different categories of hand and foot attacks by way of straight damage/regeneration/power build up/combo modifier adds a layer of strategy to the combo building. The special powers each feel different enough although there were some I didn't use beyond the mandatory tutorial parts. The fights themselves get pretty formulaic however, combat is mostly setup as locked of rooms of enemies that must be defeated to move on. Enemy grouping is fairly patterned as well, with boss fights at the end of most levels. Fortunately, each boss fight feels mostly unique although each individual boss fight follows a fairly standard pattern of attack sequences followed by QTE's to finish off the fight.

The dialogue writing is a bit weak at times, but the characters are interesting enough and the relationships between them develop fairly well throughout the story to make the game as much character driven as it is story and setting driven. The memory remixing is a neat element of the game that while I feel it could have been used a lot more in an open world setting, I do think that this aspect is integrated into the gameplay enough to feel organic to the story and not forced.

This game has the look of a AAA game, but I don't feel it is quite up to the standard of AAA games. The length of the gameplay varies from 6-10 hours on average depending on your play style. Not quite worth the $50 price tag, feels more like it should have cost closer to $30.
  87. Jun 19, 2013
    It's such a shame that they wasted a lot of the potential on this title. First let me start with the positives. I liked the graphics and the atmospheric scenery. The voiceacting, especially on Nilin is nothing short of superb. I like the fact that you can customize your combos. The memory remixes are fun and a unique game mechanic. The soundtrack is great too. Now to the negative parts about the game. It is rather short, I finished the game within 9 hours. While the setting is beautiful the linear corridor levelsdesign leaves absolutely 0 room for exploration. The fights are predictable and monotone. The last third of the game feels artificially dragged out. You can not interact with any NPC within the game, not even a line of text. The climbing feels unnessecary and extremely dumbed down as orange arrows will constantly tell you where exactly to go. The game constantly interrupts the gameflow with tutorial like messages that can't be disabled and even on the hardest difficulty setting the game felt like a breeze. Most bossfights are simply blunt and tedious and boring. The most interesting part of the game the memory remixes are too few and too easy. There is only 1 solution in all of them, (eg when you need to kill someone), it would have been nice to have more interactive objects and several different solutions but the way they did it, it's only 1 single solution possible which leads them to be nothing else then trial and error. Overall this game had a lot of potential but the monotonous fighting system combined with the extreme linearity and the short usage of the games biggest innovative gameplay (memory remix) resulted in a barely average gaming experience. I would recommend giving this game a try at a sales price but can't recommend for full price unfortunately. It isn't a bad game, it's a mediocre experience with many up and downsides. At 50-75% off I would recommend the purchase for a decent experience. Expand
  88. Jun 19, 2013
    Remember me is an amazing game for people like me who enjoy story based games. The story is great with couple of twists (don't they all) and the game's linearity helps see the story without spending 30 minutes trying to get to the top of the tower or fighting a boss that doesn't mean anything in the big picture. The feeling that the game left me after finishing it was the feeling that i got after finishing Mass Effect 1 & 2. Awesome storyline and great characters all around. Expand
  89. Jun 19, 2013
    The game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hard difficulty and you'll have nice and hard fights. Expand
  90. Jun 18, 2013
    i totally agree with everything good, that has been said about the game PLUS the fighting system is AWESOME! it does steal from arkhams batman obviously, but it does a good job stealing and even comes with some fresh ideas: check out the kombo-system, that lets you build your own kombos with different effects (damage, healing, cooling time for specials, mulitpicators), then there are the special techniques that are ALL usefull and fun. whenever a fight starts you need to check against which kind of enemies you are fighting and really have to make a plan on how to beat them. and the game does a great job in introducing all the possibilities you have and all the varying enemies you are up against.

one little critic, that i haven't read yet: it makes me cry at night, that despite the main story cutscenes there are no dialoges in this game. whats the point in creating such an optically rich enviroment when you don't have the possibility to explore this world and get to know its inhabitants? that's reaaally sad and the only reason i wouldn't score a 10.
  91. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very good game. Enough fun, very good scenarios, good music, acceptable duration and very good difficulty. Nothing that blow your mind but if you want to play some good this game is perfect. Expand
  92. Jun 18, 2013
    A game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem a diamond. Instead, because of the stale fisticuffs gameplay that has been tried a billion times before, and an emphasis on forcing players to travel through linear corridors like Final Fantasy XIII, you have a scuffed piece of silver: still nice to look at, but nothing special.

All it needed was a little polish and a little extra care to go that extra mile and be truly unique. This, sadly, was not given.
  93. Jun 18, 2013
    positive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the game also. you´ve got moments with comic-art, moments with distortion effects, all very nice. finally the story: it´s based on a nice idea, it´s a creative approach, and there are some nice surprises. even though the end is a little bit predictable, it comes to a satisfying end, not leaving questions unanswered or making stupid cliff-hangers to introduce a planned "remember me 2". and that´s more than almost any game can offer i have played in the last couple of years.

neutral: the game is quite short. some people, like me, might find this positive, some people might be disappointed. i think, this game tells it´s story straight forward, and although i enjoyed every second of it, i´m happy, it doesn´t have any unnecessary lengths. it gives you a few days of excitement, and is finished, before it gets repetitive or boring.

negative: sometimes i struggled with the controls. but usually i buy games not sooner than 6 months after release, when the worst bugs have been patched away and things got a little bit polished. so for a 1-week-old release it´s ok, but i hope, till i will give this game a replay, it will have received some patches concerning the controls.
  94. Jun 18, 2013
    2 bugs on start of the game no menu on start screen, and no mouse pointer, even after fixing first bug. Awesome! Was this game tested? It's not even alpha-level. Why should I waste my precious time to google about bug-fixes? I'm very frustrated and will NEVER buy nothing from DONTNOD they are noobs in game development.
  95. Jun 18, 2013
    Remember me is not a game, but a interactive movie! Just a corridor, that the player may wish to follow, and all for a rather average scenario. I dont recommend this game!!!! :s
  96. Jun 17, 2013
    Awesome game. Enjoyed the adventure from the begining to the end. The atmosphere is awesome, music is fantastic. Art is outstanding. Models are wonderful. I mean.. if you dont like or you dont understand Art will not like the game
  97. Jun 17, 2013
    This game has so much wasted potential. This "Neo Paris" is on of the most interesting worlds i have ever seen, so you can imagine how much of a disappointment it is when you figure out that you can't even explore it. The combat is average at best and i believe that making this game a third person action game was the wrong choice. I think that it would work way better as an RPG. The story redeems it a bit but the highlight of the game is the world you are in. I do hope that there is a sequel to this game in which the acknowledge their mistakes and hopefully make this an open world game. Expand
  98. Jun 17, 2013
    Game had one of the most interesting and well executed plots I've seen in a while. The buildup and twists felt right, and the ending took an interesting turn that still managed to wrap up everything quite well. Also it had just the right amount of closure as well. Soundtrack and art style are absolutely beautiful as well. However, gameplay, as many have probably mentioned, is very weak. Repetitive platforming and combat bog down the game. Camera angles are annoying at times too. Also some voice acting was a bit off. Game could have easily been polished gameplay wise; it does feel a bit rushed sadly.

tl:dr version: amazing story, art and OST. Poor gameplay gets in the way. I'd say this is a "let's play" game; in other words you're probably better off watching a good youtuber or what not.
  99. Jun 16, 2013
    Remember Me is a special game. You love it or you hate it. No mid point. For me, is one of the best SCIFI games i played in the last months. Great Story, well telled, nothing surprising, but if story still good, it's not a problem. Good hack & slash gameplay, very arcade style, and i realy don't care about 0 exploration on maps, keep in mind'a that a very linear arcade with a very linear story. Try to think about this game like a good SCIFI movie with interactive combats. In other hand you have the puzzles (simples, that's true) and the remix memories ones. This is a realy good feature of this game and i miss had some more of them. On tecnical side graphics are correct (very well polished ones in most cases) and a amazing sound track. I realy enjoyed this game. But like all things, it's only my subjective opinion. Like i said at begin, you can love this game, or just hate it, but it's a realy good start point for a new studio. Expand
  100. Jun 15, 2013
    Combat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersive story discussing very interesting themes about memories (obviously), power, oligarchy, privatized security and prisons and class warfare in general. Some of these themes are addressed superficially, some are discussed is more depth through gameplay.

The only cliché I have recognized is Nilin’s (protagonist) amnesia, though I’m fine with giving Remember Me a pass for this one as it is used to weave a very interesting story. Quick-Time Events and bosses without life bars need to be culled. I’ve noticed people pointing out the linearity of Remember Me, I’ve also noticed that this wasn’t a complaint of God of War… I don’t think that this is a legitimate gripe since the developers clearly didn’t design any sort of open world and still managed to show the player the future they’ve created. Not every game is sandbox, get over it. 8/10 for consistently satisfying and challenging combat and an interesting story with a believable heroine.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.