Resonance PC

7.9

1. Dec 11, 2013
    I am a fan of WadjetEye Games and after Gemini Rue I was looking into next big story from these guys. But after first chapters I had to stop in the middle of the game. So frustrating multi-person controls and gameplay combined with illogical problem solving forced me to abort it.
  2. Dec 2, 2013
    I've read really good things about adventure games from Wadjet Eye games, so I thought I would give Resonance a try.

I've been playing adventure games since the early 80's, I started with the early Sierra games and Infocom text adventures. Graphics and sound usually don't matter much to me. But the graphics in Resonance are so bad they interfere with gameplay. For small items I often can't see an item, and I certainly can't tell what the item is. I thought the pixel hunt for interactive objects on a screen style of gameplay was dead and buried. The interface is clumsy as well.
    With all the great games Daedalic has been publishing lately I don't want to waste any more time with games that might have been impressive if they were released 20 years ago.
  3. Sep 26, 2012
    I'm honestly not sure that other people are reviewing the same game I am. The one comment that seems fit is that the graphics in this game are akin to that in "Beneath a Steal Sky". In other words, horrible even for 10 years ago. Made by a single developer, this game comes across as the type of thing one would find in a developer's portfolio for a job interview, not a released game. TheI'm honestly not sure that other people are reviewing the same game I am. The one comment that seems fit is that the graphics in this game are akin to that in "Beneath a Steal Sky". In other words, horrible even for 10 years ago. Made by a single developer, this game comes across as the type of thing one would find in a developer's portfolio for a job interview, not a released game. The voice acting is stilted and not evocative in any way. To it's credit, the story is somewhat interesting and there is some humor in it. The best news is that there is a demo freely available from the distributor's website. I strongly advise anyone thinking of buying this game to download it and try it out. If you like what you see in the demo, it's probably worth the money. Myself, I could not get past the horrible graphics. Expand
  4. lpn
    Sep 10, 2012
    Even the occasionally clever writing couldn't save this game from its clumsy pre-millennium gameplay and interface mechanics. The multi-character interactions and "memory item" mechanics could've been a lot more interesting, and really didn't contribute to the game in any other way than unnecessarily increased and convoluted complexity that really only resulted in an additional dimensionEven the occasionally clever writing couldn't save this game from its clumsy pre-millennium gameplay and interface mechanics. The multi-character interactions and "memory item" mechanics could've been a lot more interesting, and really didn't contribute to the game in any other way than unnecessarily increased and convoluted complexity that really only resulted in an additional dimension of frustrating "adventure game logic".

In addition to this, the game wouldn't let me proceed past a particular point in the storyline, despite finishing all the goals (at around 208 points). This is very poor and disappointing game design, it's hard to believe it's developed by the team who made "Gemini Rue".

However, I will give it 4/10 for decent graphics and voice acting.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Aug 31, 2012
    It's Wadget Eye Games' most ambitious game, but is it their best? In the technical department, as an adventure game, it is. Excellent speech, intelligent use of short/long-time memories, interesting riddles and simultaneous use of four heroes. But, alas, Resonance's scenario can't surpass that of Gemini Rue. [July 2012]
  2. Aug 23, 2012
    While at times frustrating (like all good adventure games), Resonance is an interesting combination of gritty, creepy, and above all else, humorous. Working with memories, and different characters' perceptions of events makes for a satisfying approach to the story.
  3. Aug 13, 2012
    On the whole, Resonance is serviceable entry in a genre where very few games are being made. The plot's not stellar, but it's still pretty good. The animation was fluid, and some of the scenes are quite gorgeous. The music also does a good job of setting the mood for the various locales and situations. Despite how harsh I might be, it's solid enough for being a ten dollar indie title and I do recommend checking it out for adventure fans.