7.6

1. Sep 2, 2014
    This game is truly not for everybody but it is for me. I find this game to be funny and addictive, what more can I want? The game can be challenging but not frustratingly so, at least that's the way I feel about it. Graphics are not important on this type of game so they will do as they are, there is no need for the next gen 3D on this one, 2D works just fine here. There are some good newThis game is truly not for everybody but it is for me. I find this game to be funny and addictive, what more can I want? The game can be challenging but not frustratingly so, at least that's the way I feel about it. Graphics are not important on this type of game so they will do as they are, there is no need for the next gen 3D on this one, 2D works just fine here. There are some good new ideas that get time to get used to but in the end they work really good on this game. I really can't seem to find anything to complain about so that makes me give it 10/10. Expand
  2. Aug 11, 2013
    I am 30 years old and this brings back memories of the old arcade games I use to play. It has great animation and awesome art. Real fun gamer and east to learn, great for kids and adults alike! 10 out of 10!
  3. AWG
    Aug 9, 2013
    A Tower Defense game defined by the famous Puppygames style. A good one. Not perfect, but enjoyable.
  4. Apr 22, 2013
    Would have rated this as 6 a year ago for incosistent difficulty and need to backtrack, but the developers really polished it since then. Now, in 2013., it's a wonderful game. Great visual style, brilliant soundtrack, plays really quickly, no fussing to get to the point. Also, sandbox mode editor is great DLC.
  5. Dec 13, 2012
    Just another indie tower defense game. Has a low-tech look to it but all the enemies and most of the buildings look the same so it's hard to tell stuff apart. If you're looking for a tower defense game on steam, try Defense Grid or Warzone Earth instead because there isn't anything special about this one.
  6. Oct 27, 2012
    Very interesting game-play, keeps you thinking about not just the approaching enemies but also your resource supply and income (you need this to build). Like what's been said; it's tower defence and RTS combined so it's hard even calling it "tower defence" in the first place. It's more like "base defence".. Why? Instead of monsters just running through the level to get to the other side,Very interesting game-play, keeps you thinking about not just the approaching enemies but also your resource supply and income (you need this to build). Like what's been said; it's tower defence and RTS combined so it's hard even calling it "tower defence" in the first place. It's more like "base defence".. Why? Instead of monsters just running through the level to get to the other side, they are instead aiming for your main base in which you have to defend. This game gets challenging for sure but you are also rewarded unlock-able tower weapons, defence buildings and repair units to make life a bit easier. That also depends on how one uses these properly by placing them in their most effective areas to get maximum efficiency. That's where the RTS comes in.

Way more interesting than normal straight tower defence, I bought this game a while ago and still find myself playing it. It's got huge re-playability which is also a huge plus personally. GET IT!
  7. Oct 25, 2012
    I wish I could give this game a higher score because it has great charm with wonderful humor and between-levels dialogue. Sadly though the game is VERY unbalanced with almost no instructions on what buildings and upgrades are worth pursuing. So although the game is fun and addictive, it just isn't polished enough for me to recommend. Only serious tower defense junkies should play thisI wish I could give this game a higher score because it has great charm with wonderful humor and between-levels dialogue. Sadly though the game is VERY unbalanced with almost no instructions on what buildings and upgrades are worth pursuing. So although the game is fun and addictive, it just isn't polished enough for me to recommend. Only serious tower defense junkies should play this game! Nevertheless, it was fun for the 12 hours it took me to finish on the hardest difficulty. Expand
  8. Oct 19, 2012
    Revenge of the Titans is an awesome tower defense game that you can just pop into whenever you feel like it.It has many different kind of buildings and enemies and i also love the slightly retro art style of the game.
  9. Aug 8, 2012
    An extremely vain game. Awesome graphics, SFX and humour - but if I wanted to be entertained by quirky sparkles, I'd rather look at the Sun with a pair of binoculars whilst wearing 3D glasses. It'd be more memorable, in all honesty! RotT is just so painful to play. It is a shallow and boring experience, one which never really captivates you, save it were for the aforementioned trinkets -An extremely vain game. Awesome graphics, SFX and humour - but if I wanted to be entertained by quirky sparkles, I'd rather look at the Sun with a pair of binoculars whilst wearing 3D glasses. It'd be more memorable, in all honesty! RotT is just so painful to play. It is a shallow and boring experience, one which never really captivates you, save it were for the aforementioned trinkets - which quickly lose their appeal, anyway. No one wants to chase after a carrot made out of fools gold. There is no substance here, none, whatsoever. Every level feels the same. Every turret, feels the same. Every power up.. you get the idea. Yes - they do different things... but the FLOW of the game remains *unchanged* no matter what you implement. The problem here boils down to the very bones of the design. Fancy organs and healthy skin will only create a fleshy puddle if you have no skeleton - and that is exactly the case with RotT. Expand
  10. Apr 22, 2012
    Awesome and fast paced tower defense, protect your base from titans invading the planet, or perish while trying, a lot of weapons and power ups with a few enemy types, from smaller little beast to giant aliens, a must have indie game.
  11. Jan 29, 2012
    Regrettably, the game is flawed in quite a few ways. Mainly, lack of variation. All enemies look pretty much the same, and behave identically. Some are armored, others are not, thats about the only difference. Any of your towers will do the job, just build enough of them. Thus, there is no paper/stone/scissors principle at work here. And indeed there couldn't be, considering the fact thatRegrettably, the game is flawed in quite a few ways. Mainly, lack of variation. All enemies look pretty much the same, and behave identically. Some are armored, others are not, thats about the only difference. Any of your towers will do the job, just build enough of them. Thus, there is no paper/stone/scissors principle at work here. And indeed there couldn't be, considering the fact that you don't have all your different weapons available in the campaign. Instead, you decide to focus on one particular area of research, and whatever weapons you get out of it will have to do the job. Then its just spamming turrets of whatever variety you decided to research, and the rest of the level is spent frantically replacing barricades all around. The game is hectic, there's little tactics to it, and every level looks the same and plays the same. I like the retro-look, but thats about it. If you want a really good and enjoyable TD game, go play Orcs Must Die instead. Expand
  12. Jan 16, 2012
    A slick, good humored game with a lot of character; this is why we love indie developers. My only real complaint is how fast the difficulty ramps up, and the fact that you have to take a very specific route through the technology tree, which you'll only figure out after re-starting the campaign four or five times.
  13. Jan 10, 2012
    Revenge of the Titans is a great old-school rts-tower defense mix game in every way. First impression you will get is the graphics. In my opinion the retro style of the game works very well and looks great. There is a little lack of variation when it comes to all the different aliens or towers, but in fact that you get them one by one by research, you will surely learn to differ betweenRevenge of the Titans is a great old-school rts-tower defense mix game in every way. First impression you will get is the graphics. In my opinion the retro style of the game works very well and looks great. There is a little lack of variation when it comes to all the different aliens or towers, but in fact that you get them one by one by research, you will surely learn to differ between them. Beside this the graphics bring you a very nice atmosphere and they work great.
    The Sound are also very retro and they sound like in the old days, when music in games were composed with beeps from you Computer. For sure the quality of the beeps is better, but it´s still made in the old way. The pieces are very nice composed, especially the fugue in the endgame is very nice.... well if i remember it right it´s a bach-cover ^^
    The gameplay is often a point were people complain. I felt the same in the first hours. After every level you can research new technology and new aliens will drop in. Later in the game, you may feel, that your research decisions were wrong, because you get a hard time killing some new special aliens, so you feel like starting all over again. This annoys some people. Well: At first, there every level still available, so you can go back 3 levels instead of all levels, to make your research. Second you maybe will have a hard time to kill those guys, but it´s still very possible. It will cost you a lot´s of money and you will lose a lot of buildings, but that´s war. Don´t predict that you can play this game in a save and flawless way like other tower defense games. Third there is always a "make it easier" button, after you failed a level.
    In the End it´s also a very retro gameplay as in the old days, were games were freakingly hard to beat. Remember great games like xcom, were you have to restart and try different stuff so many times, until you get a working research and economy.
    I love it!
  14. Jan 9, 2012
    THE REASON, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. ADDICTIVE, CHALLENGING AND DECISION MAKING, make this game an absolute gem of tower defense. The AI system is intelligent and numerous, they will learn and adapt, like walking around the range of your towers. Using key points to attack , if others fail. An addictive upgrading system, makes every decision challenging. Buy it now and I know you will like if yourTHE REASON, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. ADDICTIVE, CHALLENGING AND DECISION MAKING, make this game an absolute gem of tower defense. The AI system is intelligent and numerous, they will learn and adapt, like walking around the range of your towers. Using key points to attack , if others fail. An addictive upgrading system, makes every decision challenging. Buy it now and I know you will like if your a fan of strategy. Who gives a **** about graphics, with creative AI and addictive game-play. 9 OUT OF 10 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  15. Jan 7, 2012
    The game have good graphics and a good idea, but, is very frustrating to advance in the campaign or in other game mods. The tech tree is not a tech tree, you don't have any means to know what a technology do before you research them, and is very confusing to see what technology is required to unlock the next. Sometimes you need to do the same level many and many times to discover the bestThe game have good graphics and a good idea, but, is very frustrating to advance in the campaign or in other game mods. The tech tree is not a tech tree, you don't have any means to know what a technology do before you research them, and is very confusing to see what technology is required to unlock the next. Sometimes you need to do the same level many and many times to discover the best way to defeat the titans and make any profit, and, 2 or 3 levels after you discover that your choice of techs in the research was wrong, and you have to came back 2 or 3 levels to try AGAIN and hope you make the right choice now. Expand
  16. Dec 28, 2011
    Best tower defense game I've played in a long time. Difficult, no broken mechanics, randomly generated hours of fun. Enemies do not follow a fixed path and adapt to the situation. The graphics style has a retro theme and the game is quite challenging.
  17. Sep 24, 2011
    Although I love tower defense games, I found nothing of interests and a lot of frustration while playing Revenge of the Titans. And there are several reasons to that.
    1. Graphics: Ok, it's retro-style, I do not mind it. But the problem is everything looks the same. All Titans look exactly the same, some are just a bit bigger. All your towers look almost the same. So, considering there is no information window, no tooltip info, most of the times you just do not know what is going on the battlefield - are your defenses holding or not? Is the incoming wave easy or hard.
    2. Research. I like the concept of research, with new features unlocked every level. But again, lack of information takes out most fun of it. You do not know what a technology will do, until you research it. When you combine it with the fact, that most technologies have 3-6 prerequisites, it can lead to situation, when after 6 missions you just discover that for example Assault Cannon technology is completely useless you you and you just wasted 6 missions to get it. You cannot plan your strategy in any way.
    3. General punishing attitude of the game: You carry cash from one mission to another in the campaign. So, if you overspend in one battle (which is easy, considering lot of randomness in the game), you are pretty much screwed for all the campaign. If you mis-research, you are screwed as well.
    Considering this game costs more than standard Tower Defense game - and is much worse than many free flash TD games - I do not encourage anyone to buy it.
  18. May 15, 2011
    A simple, hilarious, good looking step back from complicated strategy on tower defence games, it's too expensive but the upgrade trees, sense of humor and challenging difficulty curve make this a definite buy if it's on sale
  19. May 1, 2011
    The graphics are retro and cute, the gameplay engaging, and the difficulty... punishing. RotT is nice twist on the ever-more-stale tower defense game, where your defenses are far from invincible and your management strategy necessarily hands-on rather than watch-and-wait. It's rewarding if at times nailbiting, and I found myself switching to a lower difficulty to figure out levels and thenThe graphics are retro and cute, the gameplay engaging, and the difficulty... punishing. RotT is nice twist on the ever-more-stale tower defense game, where your defenses are far from invincible and your management strategy necessarily hands-on rather than watch-and-wait. It's rewarding if at times nailbiting, and I found myself switching to a lower difficulty to figure out levels and then replaying them back at normal just because the waves of enemies can be so brutal. Adding the problem is a tech tree with a zillion options but little guidance as to where to actually go, which had me more or less brute-forcing everything rather than trying to craft any sort of intricate strategy (which I usually find more fun). Still, it's decent enough for $15, so long as you're willing to put up with a few rough edges. Expand
  20. Apr 21, 2011
    First and foremost, this is a solid, lengthy, and well built tower defense game. The gameplay is great and challenging, I only had one real dliemma that prevented it from being an easy 9, and that was the graphics. I enjoyed it for what it was worth, but now adays most of us gamers go out and buy newer computers/graphics cards etc. to make things look more and more amazing. If theyFirst and foremost, this is a solid, lengthy, and well built tower defense game. The gameplay is great and challenging, I only had one real dliemma that prevented it from being an easy 9, and that was the graphics. I enjoyed it for what it was worth, but now adays most of us gamers go out and buy newer computers/graphics cards etc. to make things look more and more amazing. If they updated the graphics to post 1990, and closer to 2010, it would be an amazing game and a blast to play/watch. Because honestly, when you play RTS games, isnt it fun to watch all the new graphics and special effects as big armies clash? Well, I just hope that they have a TD game that does so, and we can watch the mayhem unfold as they run into our towers.

Conclusion: If you are a tower defense enthusiast, its worth getting definitely. If you are uncertain, the only setback should be the graphics, and if you can see past that then I would also recommend buying. Its an all around great game with an older looking/sounding environment.
  21. Mar 28, 2011
    Great fun. I love the retro-future graphics, the tech tree, the frantic action, the music, the comedy. It's a great RTS / TD hybrid and while it can be frustratingly difficult at times, a bit of thought and a different approach usually yields results.

On the negative side, the map can be a little awkward to scroll around sometimes, especially when there's a lot going on as it lacks the ability to zoom in and out - however since most maps are only slightly larger than the viewport, it's really only a minor niggle. Also, sometimes a level can be lost simply by picking the wrong upgrade at the end of the previous level, although this can be easily reversed.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed playing it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone looking for something new in the Tower Defense genre.
  22. Mar 20, 2011
    Tower Defense type game with some RTS elements mixed in make this a refreshing game to play in small sittings. This game is marketed as a Tower Defense type game, but the reason I say RTS elements is that in any other Tower Defense game the enemy approaching is on a linear path. However, this game the bad guys have almost free range of where they want to move. The starting points areTower Defense type game with some RTS elements mixed in make this a refreshing game to play in small sittings. This game is marketed as a Tower Defense type game, but the reason I say RTS elements is that in any other Tower Defense game the enemy approaching is on a linear path. However, this game the bad guys have almost free range of where they want to move. The starting points are visible, but the enemy after moving in to the starting path can move more or less where they want. 3 modes are playable: Campaign, Endless, and Survival. The campaign mode is a little different than other similar games because you can pick and choose what goodies to acquire after each level as opposed to forcing you to have any particular weapon, defense tool, etc. The game play is basically you plant some refineries to obtain cash to purchase blasters to kill the enemy. Simple and fun in small spurts. However, the game isn't very satisfying overall. There are some big boss type enemies that you will focus on once in awhile, but usually it's a small horde of aliens for a very short amount of time and then the level is over. In a better Tower Defense called "Defense Grid", that game will have you go on a arduous journey setting up so many different towers and after awhile you can almost sit back and watch the mayhem ensue. This game not so much. It seems to be over right after it gets going. I suppose endless or survival would be better suited for that purpose, but it seems that the campaign mode should have more to it then what it currently offers. I bought the game for about 14 bucks, which is a fair price. However, I would wait for this to go on sale for even cheaper before purchasing. Expand
  23. Mar 20, 2011
    This game is just fun. All the modes have a good amount of playtime, and you won't get bored when playing the campaign. There are many ways to defeat the enemy, and I had fun replaying the game. The graphics aren't fantastic, but don't really make the game any bad. The music is... ummm... well, there was not much music in this game. Whatever.

The game just seems a little bit too

The game just seems a little bit too expensive, but I think it's worth the price.
    All in all, the game was nothing really special or new to me, but still a whole lot of fun.
  24. Mar 28, 2011

1. Oct 20, 2011
    Revenge of the Titans doesn't bring too many new ideas to the crowded tower defence genre, but its blend of real-time strategy and arcade action does provide it with a unique twist. And it looks and sounds great, too! [May 2011]
  2. Aug 5, 2011
    Still, the replay value is excellent, and the game is that good mix of simple to learn, but hard to master that will keep people coming back.
  3. Jul 21, 2011
    Revenge of the Titans bring something new to the table, which can be dubbed as an achievement in and of itself, considering the slowly flooding tower defense-genre. It defines itself with challenging gameplay, an amazing visual style, which results into a fast, intense and refreshing game.