7.6

1. Tobus
    Aug 11, 2009
    Pro's: Great graphics, only trenches are drawn instead of 3d, but otherwise fabulous. Great sounds. Grreat physics per aircraft, exactly the reason why seperate a/c need to be bought. These are NO simple conversions of settings+model+skin. Each plane has to be learned to fly and has its own characteristics. Cons: Sloppy multiplayer implementation. Unable to join already running Pro's: Great graphics, only trenches are drawn instead of 3d, but otherwise fabulous. Great sounds. Grreat physics per aircraft, exactly the reason why seperate a/c need to be bought. These are NO simple conversions of settings+model+skin. Each plane has to be learned to fly and has its own characteristics. Cons: Sloppy multiplayer implementation. Unable to join already running servers as a player, you get to be spectator until the round ends. Navigation is hard without navigation-icons on, so finding opponents can take time, lengtening the mission and the time you are spectating. All players have to report ready in the lobby to let the round start. Anyone not doing that (gone to the bathroom) will hold everyone up. The host can not kick the player, only a democratic ban can (majority vote). Documentation is poor: no details on which difficultysetting does what, no details on cockpits of different planes, no tutorial for missioneditor whatsoever. Side note: Heavy DRM. Game can only be played when connected to the internet to allow realtime validation with Neoqb. Game is IMO much less playable when NOT having a TrackIR system. I would give this a 9 if the multiplay would be much more opened up. Expand
  2. Aug 26, 2012
    I have ROF, and I am here to tell you WITHOUT A DOUBT that the Fokker Dr1 flight model is NOT accurate! And before you say "how would you know that?" , let me just say... Because I own one!
    I am the owner of a full size Fokker Dr1 Triplane that I have been flight testing for the past three months. Look up "vongrube" on YouTube and you can watch my flight videos.
    The ROF Dr1 flight model
    The ROF Dr1 flight model is horrible! Watch my videos. You don't see the nose pitching up and down, or the plane skittering all over the sky. If my plane acted that way on the first test flight, I would probably not have survived the experience. Granted...my plane IS touchy, and unstable...just like the original. But no where close to what ROF depicts! In 35 years as a fixed wing and helicopter pilot I have NEVER flown any aircraft that flies the way ROF depicts their triplane!
    I wish these game designers would actually sit down with REAL pilots of these classic planes and interview them intensly. Then, allow them to fly the simulator and listen to their input. If you really want to know how a plane flies, talk to an actual pilot OF that plane. Stop taking second, third, and fourth hand stories from magazines and books, and then try to interpret the meanings. There are plenty of pilots who fly actual and replica warbirds out there (including myself) who would be more than willing to help out with an accurate flight model simulation.
  3. JetIntake
    Aug 14, 2009
    As far as graphics and flight model are concerned, this game tops anything ever released. But the game ain't "done"... Sound are poor, multiplayer is crappy, documentation is not there, getting the full game is expensive ($7 for each extra plane), setting up the game with TrackIr and X52 is a pain in... It's really a pity because flight experience is increadible,but this is As far as graphics and flight model are concerned, this game tops anything ever released. But the game ain't "done"... Sound are poor, multiplayer is crappy, documentation is not there, getting the full game is expensive ($7 for each extra plane), setting up the game with TrackIr and X52 is a pain in... It's really a pity because flight experience is increadible,but this is enough to make a good game. Expand
  4. Sep 8, 2011
    Nice looks game, I wouldnt call it realistic but lots of eye candy, rather boring and not much action but when there is a nice furball its lots of fun. Trackir and top of the line computer a must. 777 studios is ripping off its customers big time charging extra for the same planes with different model number and mgs, very greedy should be all included in one big collectors edition withNice looks game, I wouldnt call it realistic but lots of eye candy, rather boring and not much action but when there is a nice furball its lots of fun. Trackir and top of the line computer a must. 777 studios is ripping off its customers big time charging extra for the same planes with different model number and mgs, very greedy should be all included in one big collectors edition with free patchs rather then being charged alot for stuff that should be free to keep our interest in thier game we were kind enough to purchase. Expand

1. Jul 19, 2011
    The best World War I combat flight simulator ever. To hold your airplane in the skies is an easy task. But it will take some time and lot of training to become a real ace. Rise of Flight is heavily inspired by IL-2 Sturmovik's style and it is able to deliver and entertain almost every virtual pilot.
  2. Rise of Flight offers great and realistic battles during the First World War, but without a story and variety it's short-lived fun. But there's no comparable game out there where you can just go and fly into battle without much hassle. A joystick is recommended.
  3. Rise of Flight is at its core a strong flight simulator. So while flying is fun, dogfighting and bombing ultimately left something to be desired.