RoboBlitz PC

8.3

1. StephaneB.
    Jan 17, 2007
    Kinda short game, very repetitive and sometimes you don't know what to do.
  2. ArtyFishal
    Nov 10, 2006
    An addictive old-school puzzle/platformer with brilliant visuals and sounds and a charmingly silly and shallow story delivered in a a stylized manner that perfectly fits the production design. Fun, if easy, puzzles, and decent run-and gun action are enhanced by a well designed physics engine. It may be easy, it may not be revolutionary, but at this rock-bottom price, it's way moreAn addictive old-school puzzle/platformer with brilliant visuals and sounds and a charmingly silly and shallow story delivered in a a stylized manner that perfectly fits the production design. Fun, if easy, puzzles, and decent run-and gun action are enhanced by a well designed physics engine. It may be easy, it may not be revolutionary, but at this rock-bottom price, it's way more than you suspect. Buy it for its effects and play it for the nostalgia of old-school game design and story-sensibility . Expand
  3. QuintonR.
    Jan 4, 2007
    This game is awesome! It's better than a lot of games out on the shelves. You have to be crazy not to snag this one up for 15 bucks. I love attaching baddies to the wall or each other. Can't wait till a multiplayer comes out.
  4. ShanaB.
    Nov 13, 2006
    WHEE Blitz is a cutie, the music is neato, and hey, I'm lovin the graphics (WHEEE FIREWORKS).
  5. TylerD.
    Nov 14, 2006
    This game is pure fun, great physics, beautiful graphics and very innovative gameplay - it really shines between tons of todays Standardgames. I love it!
  6. BraddM.
    Nov 14, 2006
    This is an Addictive puzzle/Physics Game. Great deal for $15! Plus, you get the Unreal 3 enigine level editor with it to play with! Hooray!
  7. ReenaS.
    Nov 16, 2006
    Awesome game! It's so clever and exciting! I had a thrill playing it!
  8. JeffL.
    Nov 16, 2006
    Pretty amazing. The first game that I've seen that's completely physics based, so that you can actually do anything you want in it - I saw this firsthand, and was blown away- pretty amazing that it's all done on the fly. Check it out!
  9. KyleA.
    Dec 5, 2006
    This is a great game. I could spend hours playing it. Such a good value too.
  10. WalterM.
    Nov 12, 2006
    I love the real time physics and the graphics of Unreal Engine 3 are clearly great, and am awaiting UT 2007.
  11. ReaG.
    Nov 13, 2006
    The physics simulation makes the game special and Blitz is so lovable - I am delighted that here is a game that offers challenges and fun without the blood and gore. Bring on more games like Roboblitz!
  12. LizabethM.
    Nov 13, 2006
    Holy cow, the baddies in this are ridiculously evil-ly cute! In fact, all of the characters in this are cute! I love the attention to humourous detail in this game!! I find myself laughing out loud as I watch the baddies run away when I blow up one of their friends!! HAA!! And the noises they make, pure genius!! Other than being genius in the cute department, this game is also genius in Holy cow, the baddies in this are ridiculously evil-ly cute! In fact, all of the characters in this are cute! I love the attention to humourous detail in this game!! I find myself laughing out loud as I watch the baddies run away when I blow up one of their friends!! HAA!! And the noises they make, pure genius!! Other than being genius in the cute department, this game is also genius in the physics arena! I've never ever ever seen a game before that acted like real like when I try to solve puzzles...or even when I try to go through a door! If I am a bit off, and try to cheat through a door, my arm catchs and turns/drags me!! It's insane!!! And I love that I can "feel" the different weights of objects when I pick them up... I can't wait to experiment more with the weapons, but seriously, the firework gun is my fav right now...bzzzzz KAPOW!!! Ahhh, finally a game as clever as I am ;) hehehehe Expand
  13. BJC.
    Nov 16, 2006
    Awesome game, comes with really great editing tools, well worth the money!
  14. WilliamG.
    Nov 22, 2006
    Impressive use of physics engine resulting in a more "real" feel to movement and interactions with environment. Good puzzle set ups requiring analysis and thoguht.
  15. Dec 6, 2011
    A great AA title for a budget indie developed price. Uses unreal engine but isn't brown, a nice plus. Short campaign but a lot of fun, I don't think they ever implemented the promised multiplayer, but I more than got my money's worth out of a steam sale of like $3. Give this smooth physics puzzler a try!
  16. May 3, 2012
    The ideas behind RoboBlitz are not original nor interesting in any way. Despite this, it is a slightly fun game. The puzzles are intuitive, and they are similar to the puzzles found in other story driven first or third person shooters. They do not get in the way of enjoying the overall experience, and they do not seem to be annoying chores that one is forced to complete in order toThe ideas behind RoboBlitz are not original nor interesting in any way. Despite this, it is a slightly fun game. The puzzles are intuitive, and they are similar to the puzzles found in other story driven first or third person shooters. They do not get in the way of enjoying the overall experience, and they do not seem to be annoying chores that one is forced to complete in order to advance. Given the context of the storyline, it all falls into place adequately, and feels natural. The camerawork is terrible though. You will often move your head by instinct in an attempt to keep the robot's view in perspective so that you may move about the game world and perform various tasks. The camera problems do get in the way, and there is simply no getting used to its shortcomings. While the graphical options allow for full screen display, it forces the image into a letterbox format that I have not seen in any other game I've played in recent memory. This presentation is unnatural, awkward, and strange, but after some time, one adapts to this odd design choice. The music is generic but okay, and the sound effects are fitting of your character's robotic build while sounding a bit cartoony. All levels appear to be well designed and they remain challenging and mildly interesting to the player. The gun play mechanics are satisfactory, but because of the camera troubles, timing your aiming with the firing action can be problematic. RoboBlitz provides ample chances for the player to complete each level by means of unlimited lives/continues and liberal save points. There is also a hints system in place that is well implemented and does not remove any of the fun from realizing how to go about your way to accomplish various tasks. This makes the overall experience more enjoyable, as the game is not exactly easy. The difficulty is adequate in all aspects. There are some upgrades to be obtained as you progress and collect enough points. They range from jump enhancements to armor, and the ever handy weapon advancements. These upgrades are all quite useful and fun to equip, and sometimes your lab partner will provide you with some free breakthroughs in robotic technology that you may put to use. RoboBlitz is prone to crashing during startup or while selecting certain menu options, and this can occur quite often. With all of that said, RoboBlitz has some serious game breaking problems that are directly related to the boss fights. There seems to be some kind of bug that prevents the game from recognizing that the boss is being hit and damaged. This means that certain bosses are invincible and cannot be killed in any way. Many other people have reported similar problems in the Steam forum for RoboBlitz, and the developers have not responded nor addressed these game breaking issues in any way at all. This means that RoboBlitz has been abandoned in an unplayable state, as you will not be able to proceed past certain parts. Developers such as these should be penalized for releasing software that is clearly not in working condition while charging a high amount for it. It is a real shame, as the premise and idea behind RoboBlitz seemed promising. If it only were actually complete, and if it only actually worked, it could have been a decent game. Expand
  17. Feb 23, 2013
    RoboBlitz is by no means bad. The story works fine, the action and puzzle sections are ok. There is a couple of weapons that you can unlock and the visuals have its charm despite being technically dated. So everything in this game works alright. But there isnt a single part of the game that really exceeds either. The action and puzzle elements feels underwhelming compared to other gamesRoboBlitz is by no means bad. The story works fine, the action and puzzle sections are ok. There is a couple of weapons that you can unlock and the visuals have its charm despite being technically dated. So everything in this game works alright. But there isnt a single part of the game that really exceeds either. The action and puzzle elements feels underwhelming compared to other games and neither the levels, visual, weapons,puzzles or enemies really bring life to the game. And personally i found the game to be a little too unoffensive and boring for my taste. Expand
  18. RobY.
    Mar 27, 2007
    WAY short. It looks nice and it's fun but it only provides 2 or 3 hours of game play. Also the difficulty does not scale at all. The first 90% of the game is laid back and fun and the last 10% is very hard and tedious.
  19. Mar 7, 2012
    RoboBlitz started off being a pretty cute puzzle based game with occasional shooter elements, then it flipped 180 into a crazed action frenzy challenged by 6 different enemy NOEDs. They didn't bother to make them easy to kill, nor did they make it obvious how to go about killing them. Beyond that subtle difficulty, the game holds interest with its basic story, handful of weapons, lasers, aRoboBlitz started off being a pretty cute puzzle based game with occasional shooter elements, then it flipped 180 into a crazed action frenzy challenged by 6 different enemy NOEDs. They didn't bother to make them easy to kill, nor did they make it obvious how to go about killing them. Beyond that subtle difficulty, the game holds interest with its basic story, handful of weapons, lasers, a spin move, barrel throws, tractor beam, levitation gun, and a few additional power ups. The game play is very consistent making it a tolerable game, but nothing stood out that would make me recommend buying it. Expand

Right now the two biggest things going for this game are the fifteen-dollar price tag and the new Unreal engine. Games at that price are just never this beautiful.
  2. RoboBlitz may be a tad on the short side, but at around 15 bucks, the price of admission is perfect for the amount of fun you'll have with this game. Plus, the PC version comes with a level editor, which makes it even more worthwhile.
  3. No matter what your favorite genre happens to be, RoboBlitz is a technical wonder that's a joy to play for pretty much anyone who's smart enough to purchase it.