8.0

1. Sep 27, 2012
    An hour into the game, I still haven't encountered a puzzle that took me more than 5 seconds to solve, so I quit out of boredom. While I enjoyed the voice acting and the nostalgic platform-game atmosphere, I found the puzzles simply not challenging enough, and in this genre that is what ultimately matters. I would recommend this game for kids, though.
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Story-heavy side scrolling box/gravity puzzle game with shooting & platforming elements. Most of the game is pretty easy except for the last 30 mins when it becomes combat heavy. This game might be worth picking up if it weren't for the recycled environments (backtracking to previous locations), ancient aliens, and possibly the worst ending ever. At around 4 hours tops I wouldn't recommendStory-heavy side scrolling box/gravity puzzle game with shooting & platforming elements. Most of the game is pretty easy except for the last 30 mins when it becomes combat heavy. This game might be worth picking up if it weren't for the recycled environments (backtracking to previous locations), ancient aliens, and possibly the worst ending ever. At around 4 hours tops I wouldn't recommend buying this unless you get it in a bundle. Expand

A solid suggestion if you are looking for a pleasant, polished puzzler/platform game. It will not thrill you, it does not invent the wheel, but it displays some clever ideas that are correctly executed, humor and, additionally, its low price is another incentive for its purchase. [March 2012]
    Combine smart puzzles with adequate amounts of action and you get Rochard – great platform game appealing to all sorts of players. [Jan 2012]
  3. Feb 6, 2012
    When it comes right down to it Rochard is a fully enjoyable action game with plenty of puzzles to work through. While not overly challenging, though some took me a few second to figure out just what to do, I can tell you I missed the three hour speed run achievement by several hours, but considering all the hidden health and weapons upgrades as well as trophies that's one achievement that will have to come later.