5.1

1. Jul 26, 2013
    Despite being downright frustrating at times, Rush Bros. is a fun little game that you may enjoy for a few hours at the most, before switching back to superior platformers.
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    Overall, I believe the game was fun for me due to the fact that I played it with a friend.
    There are two maps or so in there which force you to start from the very beginning when you die and the maps were punishing causing us to take more than 17 minutes of retries in order to get past them.
    I believe that they can definitely improve on a little bit of everything. Sometimes the jumping felt a little frustrating and not smooth enough, wish the music was a bit more interactive (overall, it wasn't too noticeable, perhaps this was due to me shouting at my deaths because i was racing with a friend). Definitely needs a tiny bit more variety. And doesn't respond very well to your music, it would be nice if they had a sort of allowing you to send files within the lobby so that you didn't have to waste time outside the game sending each other music files in order to play the same song.
    Overall, I would not classify myself as a platform gamer, I almost hate the genre, but by the game having multiplayer with a friend it made the whole game a lot more fun for me since i especially like coop games.
  3. Jul 16, 2013
    Only for the hard-core at heart. With a game that derives most of its design inspiration from Kaizo Mario and "I wanna be the guy" it's no surprise it's going to be hard. Problem is people are hitting that wall and suddenly they get scared. Rush Bros. is designed to help alleviate this problem by allowing two players to play side-by-side via split-screen play- a feature which is enabledOnly for the hard-core at heart. With a game that derives most of its design inspiration from Kaizo Mario and "I wanna be the guy" it's no surprise it's going to be hard. Problem is people are hitting that wall and suddenly they get scared. Rush Bros. is designed to help alleviate this problem by allowing two players to play side-by-side via split-screen play- a feature which is enabled for ONLINE play as well (Quite rarely is this kind of thing seen). The reasoning behind this is to that players can cooperate AND/OR compete at the same time! Expand
  4. Jun 18, 2013
    Rush Bros has an interesting concept of platform meets rhythm game meets racing. But the delivery falls flat. While the visuals and soundtrack are very good, the gameplay was lacking flow. The main hook of traps moving to the beat of the music was barely noticeable and although you can add your own music it didn't necessarily make the game harder or easier. I wish the game had more timeRush Bros has an interesting concept of platform meets rhythm game meets racing. But the delivery falls flat. While the visuals and soundtrack are very good, the gameplay was lacking flow. The main hook of traps moving to the beat of the music was barely noticeable and although you can add your own music it didn't necessarily make the game harder or easier. I wish the game had more time for better level design, tighter controls, and better implementation of the traps-move-to the-beat concept. Expand
  5. Apr 18, 2014
  6. Nov 28, 2013
    I just bought this game during the steam autumn sale for a couple of dollars, and I am not dissapointed! This game does platforming extremely well, and is also very unforgiving (often resorting to cheap tricks within the level design, but one could see it as cheap or clever). Playing competitively online really brings out the best of this game, as playing singleplayer really seemsI just bought this game during the steam autumn sale for a couple of dollars, and I am not dissapointed! This game does platforming extremely well, and is also very unforgiving (often resorting to cheap tricks within the level design, but one could see it as cheap or clever). Playing competitively online really brings out the best of this game, as playing singleplayer really seems pointless (you start the game with every level unlocked, so you don't have any motive to keep playing levels). Overall though, the game is worth a look if you enjoy platforming/racing games! Expand
  7. AWG
    Sep 14, 2013
    Useless and unfunny, Rush Bros fails to entertain the player.
  8. Dec 12, 2013
    This isn't exactly terrible, but it doesn't come with as much as was let on in the trailers on Steam. The pacing seems very slow, levels designs are a bit confusing, and the overall feel is not what one would expect. Granted, it is an interesting idea, but it really just needs some more work. Would I recommend you buy it? Not really, but with a bit more work, the game could be better.
  9. Apr 18, 2014
    This game is amazing, it changed my life. I love it, buy it now. It's amazing, it's just too good. Ian Boswell made a masterpiece and it's called Rush Bros. it cured world hunger.
  10. Jul 19, 2014
    Rush Bros. hmm, what can I say about Rush Bros.

Either the developers who are developing/developed Speedrunners got bored and opened up a new company and made a crappy version of their great game, or a developer felt like creating a game like Speedrunners and make music about it. Dunno, you can decide... So first, the controls... they are the worst control schemes I have ever seen
    Rush Bros. hmm, what can I say about Rush Bros.

So first, the controls... they are the worst control schemes I have ever seen (on keyboard) as far as I know, platformer games use the arrow keys to move, and x/z key to jump. Then why on earth did the people at XYLA Entertainment think it was great to make the controls WASD and the Spacebar, my fingers are apart and for a platformer it is extremely uncomfortable, let's see what else is bad in this "game"

Oh yeah! THE LEVEL DESIGN, who on earth created these levels!?! They are either extremely easy or near impossible, someone must of been bored and felt like making the levels all confused and jumbled up. Great work! (He says sarcastically)

Hmm, oh yeah, the animation, looks... ugly. Now normally I love Indie games, and I don't really complain about the graphics in great Indie games, but this "Indie" game, the animations and quality and also the presentation on the game looks ugly and not very professional

Ok... what's next. OH YES, the multiplayer. The multiplayer... is a bag of dung mostly. Either the people who are playing with me have very bad internet and lag all the time, or I start playing and the other player couldn't give a toss and just stays their or the person who is about to play with me probably has brains and doesn't play this game.

But... ThePCGamer101, you might ask, isn't their something good in this game, after all, you did buy this game didn't you?
    No, I actually was stupid enough to get it from GreenManGaming (they were giving it away, because probably people never bought it)

The only good thing I say that is good in this game is that the game can actually play music from your personal libraries, which is kinda cool listening to great music while trying to play this disaster of a game

Overall, this game is a mess, not a terrible mess, but it is not a great nor good game. If you get the game for free or something like that, play it for a while, then get bored, and as you can probably see from my playtime (15 minutes or so) I got bored REALLY quickly

1. Jul 30, 2013
    Rush Bros. is a game with many good ideas. If only they'd been executed properly.
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    Rush Bros has some good ideas behind it, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired; for a game that claims to be a blend of two genres, there’s surprisingly little content from either.
  3. Jul 6, 2013
    The idea of running and jumping on your own music library sounds exciting, it is to bad Rush Bros doesn't deliver what it's promising. The levels lack inspiration and the music you play seems to have little effect on Rush Bros. Also the controls are to stiff for a game like this.