School Tycoon PC

8.2

1. JonasHøiberg
    Mar 23, 2008
    Yet another game, that in title reminds me of Bullfrog or Akklaim, but in gameplay reminds me of the fact that I want to stick something through my nose, and erase the last 7 years of torture the Tycoon genre has been through. Where's the spirit? There's no fun to placing buildings of different kinds and advancements on some lot, with the highest level of customization availableYet another game, that in title reminds me of Bullfrog or Akklaim, but in gameplay reminds me of the fact that I want to stick something through my nose, and erase the last 7 years of torture the Tycoon genre has been through. Where's the spirit? There's no fun to placing buildings of different kinds and advancements on some lot, with the highest level of customization available being ornamentation. I remember aching for a title of this name, whilst playing Theme Hospital, and to be honest: The thoughts I had, as an 8-year-old gamer, on a such title were way more ambitious than this game even strives to be. Theme Hospital is a better game, even when considering the technical difference between that time and when this game was created. I'm surprised that game designers don't even care to hire some proper comedians and try to give their games some originality and spirit. It makes me sad. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Computer Games Magazine
    Unlike most of the dregs of the genre, however, School Tycoon keeps its tongue planted firmly in cheek, and presents a slightly bizarre and weird little world for your gaming enjoyment. [May 2004, p.63]
  2. PC Gamer
    The shallow management quickly devolves into make-work. Toss in frustrating random hurricanes and fires, and you'll recall why you couldn't wait to graduate. [May 2004, p.73]
  3. If you're looking for a management game that won't overwhelm you with details and spreadsheets, School Tycoon should be right up your alley.