Section 8 PC

7.0

1. Dec 22, 2011
    A game that copy's alot from other sci-fi FPS games. It does have some interesting new elements such as being able to choose where to spawn. But in multiplayer this generally 'unfocuses' your team and since the multiplayer is team objective based this results in a sub par multiplayer experience. Graphics are pretty nice, as is sound effects. But nothing spectacular here. The single playerA game that copy's alot from other sci-fi FPS games. It does have some interesting new elements such as being able to choose where to spawn. But in multiplayer this generally 'unfocuses' your team and since the multiplayer is team objective based this results in a sub par multiplayer experience. Graphics are pretty nice, as is sound effects. But nothing spectacular here. The single player is very short and since there are no multiplayer servers bot-play is really the only thing you will be doing after the campaign. 6/10 Expand
  2. Jul 26, 2011
    I know a lot of work goes into making games but I found little in Section 8 that I liked, it has some good ideas but the execution left a lot to be desired. I got bored and irritated by the second or third mission.
  3. Vulture
    Sep 27, 2009
    Section 8 is an alright game, yet nowhere near matches the hype it generated. It looked good on paper, (Dropship Spawning, Customized Loadouts, DCM's to spice up the the Multiplayer), but when it came to actual execution, fell over somewhat. This could be the result of several things, (A campaign mode that basically consists of the tutorial and nothing else, Multiplayer that is Section 8 is an alright game, yet nowhere near matches the hype it generated. It looked good on paper, (Dropship Spawning, Customized Loadouts, DCM's to spice up the the Multiplayer), but when it came to actual execution, fell over somewhat. This could be the result of several things, (A campaign mode that basically consists of the tutorial and nothing else, Multiplayer that is single minded and repetitive, Having to wait 10 years for your entire clip to be unloaded into your enemy to get a kill, or even the incredibly thick AI) but Section 8 doesn't STAND OUT, like I thought it would. And because of this, I got bored of it in one weekend. Expand
  4. Bradb
    Sep 14, 2009
    Overall not a bad game,but not a good one either.(I would not pay 50$ for it again) although I haven't played the multilayer, the single player campaign is interesting enough, my beefs with it are that its graphics don't allow enough customization to actually be good, and it could be SO much deeper, but instead it has only 6-ish weapons, and maybe a 6 mission campaign.

1. PC PowerPlay
    This is what Battlefield 2142 should have been. [Dec 2009, p.52]
  2. Section 8 is a fairly traditional FPS, featuring a couple of interesting points (the launch phase and device management). The story mode is too short, only eight missions, while the online multiplayer mode seems to be fun, with forty players and eighteen maps. Definitely not the best FPS around.
  3. Section 8 is a fun game and immediate. Do not expect anything more. If we want to chase enemies and shoot carelessly is an excellent title for a few hours. Then the boredom and repetitiveness will force us to abandon this title.