8.2

1. Nov 22, 2011
    THIS **** GAME. It's everything a fan could wish for - seriously! I've been playing this **** for 5 hours straight and the only reason I'm quitting is because it's 3AM. If this gets critically panned I'll become unstable.
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    Serious Sam 3 is non-stop action. Games are supposed to be about fun, none of this super serious CoD/BF3 **** Serious Sam 3 gets a 10/10 from me!
  3. Nov 22, 2011
    im 3 hours in, and i can honestly say this is the most fun playing a game ive had in years. and ive played all the new releases and wow what a breath of fresh air from the 1,000 rehash games this year. pure chaos. sams quotes never get old
  4. Nov 22, 2011
    What can i say about this game. This is the first FPS in a long time, probably since playing Quake 3 that i have actually properly enjoyed. In a market were FPS is saturated by brown bloom shooters, regenerating health and two weapon carry limits this is a fresh and welcome alternative. I am nowhere near completing the game as the game has only been released 5 and a bit hours, i am 4What can i say about this game. This is the first FPS in a long time, probably since playing Quake 3 that i have actually properly enjoyed. In a market were FPS is saturated by brown bloom shooters, regenerating health and two weapon carry limits this is a fresh and welcome alternative. I am nowhere near completing the game as the game has only been released 5 and a bit hours, i am 4 levels into the single player and i am seriously (get it?!) enjoying it.

The game deserves a 10 on it's own based on the fact that you cannot buy games like this these days. However there are other reasons as to why it deserves such a title. I am playing on PC and it is getting quite old so i can't play on the recommended settings but in comparison with my mate who can the graphics are really good. Not that graphics matter in a game like this, the gameplay is the most important part.

I'll mention the previous games here. There has been an upgrade in the game engine since then (you would like to think there has been in a decade!) and the game has modern aspects but it's very much like the old games which is no bad thing.

If you have played the first games you will know that the single player consists of basically a briefing screen and then the level which you run and gun through until you reach the levels exit then rinse and repeat. Serious Sam 3 has improved on this which pleases me in that you get briefed on the games story as you play via intercom, there are cutscenes and there are LOADS of one liners. In video games i personally find that jokes generally fall flat on there face with the exception of a few titles (like the ones from valve). It's early days for me yet in the game but i've found myself letting out a good number of laughs already. The game has boss fights with health meters, two relics long since removed from the FPS genre. The first boss is just a standard enemy but when you first encounter it, it is treated like a powerful enemy based on your current weapon load out.

The weapons are a bit different from the earlier games. I felt that some of the weapons repeated themselves a lot in the earlier games. This has been remedied but there are still plenty of weapons to use. Fists, Sledgehammer, Pistol (which has unlimited ammo but needs reloaded - in the light of modern shooters that may seem weird but if you played old games like Doom and Blood this should make sense :P), Shotgun, Laser gun, Cannon. There is also a new feature which is an action instakill attack where you can e.g. rip enemies heads off, pull their eyes out and then throw them at enemies. It sounds like a cheap move but it really isn't considering how the game is played.

If you don't know anything about the game then basically the easiest way to describe it is think of a generated environment with hundreds (and i mean hundreds!) of enemies spawning and chasing you. It's a classic FPS game where you kill all the enemies and make your way to the end of the level. There are no objectives, no bombs to be planted, nothing like that. It's literally run and gun, or circle strafe or whatever you prefer.

As for the enemies themselves, they are similar to the early games and they keep the pressure on. There are alien bug like creatures, various other alien life forms (bipedal walking creatures with miniguns for arms - think Doom Spiderdemon) then the humanoids, the basic shotgun wielding enemy and then suicide enemies - you will never become more afraid of the words AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH when you look over the hill and see about 50 suicide units which explode on impact running towards you while you have to kill them before they get to you.

For the gamer who has played games like Call of Duty and Battlefield and wants something similar this game may not be for you. I encourage you to give it a chance but FPS like this are fast paced and do not rely on hiding behind walls. They require accurate movement to flank enemies, the ability to work out enemy patterns (when you meet the Kleer you will know what i mean) and the ability to manage your health, among many other things. I will also say, if you were disappointed by Duke Nukem Forever and you wanted to hark back to the good old days of FPS then GET THIS! This is what DNF should have been.

I can't say enough good things about this game, i really recommend you to pick it up, you will not be disappointed!
  5. Nov 29, 2011
    Serious Sam 3 feels a little bit bit dissapointing - as it is not perfect as I hoped it to be. Still, the game offers unparalleled joy of blasting dozens of foes into pieces.

While modern times got us used to shooters on rails, enforced storyline and support of teammates who can complete the game on their own, Serious Sam poses a real challenge and features nothing but fast-paced action. This is a first person shooter where all you do is run and shoot. While it may not satisfy Skyrim or Minecraft players, it is an obligatory position for any hardcore shooter fan. Game is good at what it is supposed to be and does not distract from its core.

Although the concept of shooting reckless monsters is older than genre itself, compared to its first episode, Serious Sam has gone mature. Enemies are no longer cartoony fools, there is someting scary in their design. Health pick-ups don't float anymore in the air, their placement is logical and realistic.Behaviour of foes also has been altered - soldiers can crouch to take cover, bigger foes strafe to dodge upcoming rockets. It does not, however, spoil the game's concept "No cover, all man". It's just harder and doesn't allow player to stop for a moment. This game will force you to strafe in unimaginable ways, swap weapons every few seconds, aim at surrounding monsters and never feel safe. Don't expect the comfort of hiding behind an obstacle and waiting for your health to regenerate. Taking excessive damage causes death - a thing not obvious in modern games.New players may find it impossible to win at diffuculty beyond normal. You will reload game many times at hottest moments just to impove your aim and strategy every time, until the challenge is beaten.Oh yes, the strategy. This 'silly, brainless' shooter involves more skill and intelligence than recent realistic blockbusters. Every enemy is different and needs alternate approach, every weapon has unique advantages, while the ammo is scarce.

Weapons, your tools of destruction, ask for separate paragraph. At the beginning you will be playing with familiar handgun, shotgun and assault riffle, which work as usual. An uncommon addition is mighty sledgehammer - close-range weapon which effectively splashes minor enemies in no-time. New thing in SS3 are melee attacks that can quickly gib single enemies - but won't help against the horde.

Big hordes need big guns - you will enjoy every new toy which is significantly more powerful than previous weapons and allow to take evergrowing amounts of enemies, which also become towering beasts. But he game starts off relatively slowly, with only a bunch of foes on a screen, located in the slums of Cairo. As you progress further, the areas gradualy become wide-open and can hold over a hundred of enemies in a single battle - there is a couple of levels that contain over a THOUSAND of enemies rach. To take them down, at then end you are given enermous cannon, which shoots huge iron balls that literally roll through enemy ranks. That is something you can witness in no other FPS and makes Serious Sam series outstanding. Still, the gameplay remains smooth and balanced - Croteam just knows how to manage the chaos.

As yet I didn't mention the storyline - in fact, it's just an addition. Sam 'Serious' Stone is send to future war-torn Egypt to save the world with a help of ancient artifacts. It's not necessarily deep or sophisticated, but the plot and short cinematics give a sense to all this endless mayhem. The presence of actual storyline is a significant progress compared to previous games, yet you can ignore it completely just to focus on next group of angry monsters.

Some things have gone due to mature style shift. No more power-ups, no more rooms with warped gravity or completely ridiculous secrets. As a reward, every new kind of monster gives unique gameplay experience - just as wall-climbing spiders or cave demos jumping out of darkness. This is still enjoyable, but just quite different. As a long-time fan, I missed that craziness, though.

The game's engine is impressive - it features an absurd amount of tunable options, which scale well to pretty every modern PC. You can adjust everything to your liking, by setting vivid colors or hippie blood (sic!). Graphics can stand up to the very best competitors, such as Crysis or Modern Warfare. Still, Serious Engine 3.5 can handle dozens of enemies without fps drop. It couldn't, however, handle empty, narrow streets of Cairo on my machine.

Oh right, there are some issues I didn't like. The game, despite heaving 9 gameplay modes, features very little maps for them. What's the point of trying survival if there are only two locations for it?Another problem is AI - while monsters are not asked for exceptional intelligence, they get stuck at corners from time to time, which spoils the fun.

The game still can offer more joy than any other title around. If only you like to shoot things, don't hesitate - get Serious Sam 3.
  6. Nov 22, 2011
    This is Serious Sam at its finest and it does it with style. This game would serve very well as a good entry point for people new to the genre/series. Never has mashing monsters in the face with a sledgehammer been so fun!
  7. Nov 22, 2011
    Its awesome.
    Its everything duke nukem forever should have been but wasnt.
    It kicks ass. Its everything you expect, waves of enimies, loads of killing, blood, gore and over the top action.
  8. Nov 28, 2011
    It is definetely Serious Sam as I expected it to be. It is THE BEST modern game of its own niche and the one game that does not dissapoint me this year. Is it perfect? In my mind yes - game mechanics and level design are top notch and that is what SS is about. Croteam brought just enough innovation to make it fresh without kicking it out of Old School genre. A bit more new stuff and theIt is definetely Serious Sam as I expected it to be. It is THE BEST modern game of its own niche and the one game that does not dissapoint me this year. Is it perfect? In my mind yes - game mechanics and level design are top notch and that is what SS is about. Croteam brought just enough innovation to make it fresh without kicking it out of Old School genre. A bit more new stuff and the game would not be old school and as such it would have failed. Great job Croteam! Thanks for staying true to SS style. Please get us BFE Second Encounter by summer! Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2011
    Pure awesomeness. No need for anything else. It is one of the coolest and action pumped games of the year! If you are thinking 'should I buy it' the answer is 'HELL YEAH!'.
  10. cpa
    Nov 22, 2011
    Loving this game so far, but damn I'm having a hard time finding the secrets. New melee moves are fantastic and the iron sites/aiming, contrary to expectations, are well implemented and do not take away the fun. In fact, many times it would be hazardous to Sam's health to using the sites. Much better to run and gun.
  11. Nov 22, 2011
    Croteam knows exactly what their audience wants. Huge environments, truckloads of different and unique enemies to shoot and most importantly tight controls and a fast pace. The new additions to the formula are great and the sound and visuals are better than ever. Highly recommended to any Serious PC shooter fan.
  12. Nov 26, 2011
    This game is as much of a blast as the other games, but I found the addition of RELOADING to be very annoying, at least during the early levels of the game. Once you get down the road a bit, the pump shotgun, the pistol, and the assault rifle kind of become obsolete. The devastator still has to be reloaded, but it's got a 20-shell clip. I welcome sprinting with open arms. It lets youThis game is as much of a blast as the other games, but I found the addition of RELOADING to be very annoying, at least during the early levels of the game. Once you get down the road a bit, the pump shotgun, the pistol, and the assault rifle kind of become obsolete. The devastator still has to be reloaded, but it's got a 20-shell clip. I welcome sprinting with open arms. It lets you traverse the massive landscapes much quicker. People need to get over themselves regarding these new gameplay additions. I'm tired of people screaming the term "CoDified" and whatnot. This game is HARDLY like CoD. Just because it has iron sights on TWO guns doesn't mean it's trying to be like CoD.

Anyway, the humor is toned down quite a bit, at least compared to SS2. That's not to say it's not funny though. I found the crappy dialog and the poor choreography to be brilliantly done, which sounds really contradicting, but that's exactly why I find it hilarious. It's like a parody of itself. It's different from Croteam's usual formula, but I think it's that way on purpose.

Anyway, not much else to say. It plays and feels like the other Sam games. I guess the optimization for low-end systems could be a little bit better. I basically run it maxed out on a dated machine because I'm a graphics glutton, but it runs ok in single player. I have to put it on low settings when I play online though, otherwise it lags too much. I still get some stuttering though. Hopefully Croteam will release a patch or two that includes some performance fixes.
  13. Nov 22, 2011
    It may not be fair to compare Duke Nukem and Serious Sam, but one of these games delivered everything I saw in its trailer and didn't have to dig around in a urinal.
  14. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is amazing, i am a huge serious sam fan, and this game delivered everything that i was expecting, lots of enemies, amazing graphics, and a bit of wackiness, just as expected. Great Game! Defiantly worth getting!
  15. Nov 22, 2011
    this game perfect and much better than duke nukem forever.i have been waiting this game one year and now this is released. i like graphics,blood and classic enemies.this game is one of waited game
  16. Nov 26, 2011
    Alright, I'm editing my own review since there is some misunderstanding with people.
    The first 3 or 4 levels of SS3 is just a parody of the current FPS gen. It's slow, doesn't have many enemies and just feels **** dumb. After that, it goes back to being the same old Serious Sam, and it's **** amazing.

Iron Sights, Reload, Sprint, Brown and Bloom and everything else that people view as negative can be turned off or changed to something else.

Why review a game that you haven't played for more than 20 minutes?
  17. Nov 22, 2011
    It's definitely Serious Sam. I agree with Scrublord's comment. This game is just fun, and action packed to the max. If you're expecting a good story.... LOL It's SS.
  18. Nov 22, 2011
    Truly remarkable game, best 1 in series for sure. It combines all best things from all SS games, adds many awesome features and forges a masterpiece. Simply said COD and BF can suck it.
  19. Nov 22, 2011
    EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A DVD INTO THE SLOT. ITS SERIOUS SAM3 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, SAM. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SHOOT DOWN SOME MONSTER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY KILLED MENTAL'S MOST DANGEROUS ARMIES. I CAN. I SAY IT AND IEVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A DVD INTO THE SLOT. ITS SERIOUS SAM3 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, SAM. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SHOOT DOWN SOME MONSTER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY KILLED MENTAL'S MOST DANGEROUS ARMIES. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng Expand
  20. Dec 4, 2011
    Let's get this out first: I am a HUGE Serious Sam fan. I have played all the canon games, and still pop them in today. They were just flat out, appalling fun. That was it. No stupid storylines with twists and turns, just you, guns, and monsters. These games were masterpieces. Serious Sam 2 was ok, but just wasn't quite the sequel we all expected it to be.

Then, that fateful day. The day

Then, that fateful day. The day Serious Sam 3 was announced. I s*** my pants. "A new Serious Sam game? Holy crap", I thought. I couldn't believe it. My dreams of a sequel had came true. I couldn't wait.

Then I bought it. When I started, My first thought was "holy crap these graphics are awesome". This is truly a game for a monster PC, which I happen to own. As I was drooling over the screen, I heard the sound, the sound of death: AAAAAAAAAAH! I just felt nostalgia soar through me. It was a wonderful feeling! As I continued to play, however, I started to dislike the design of the level. It resembled Modern Warfare's style, and this was my first sign that SS3 was trying to be something it shouldn't. The further I played into the game, the more repetitive the gameplay and level design got. There is a level were you slowly navigate dark, foggy, tombs, fighting the same enemy over and over. What happened? Serious Sam games would take longer to become repetitive, like several playthroughs. SS3 got boring around the fourth level.

My honest opinion is that SS3 is good. It definitely isn't the sequel I wanted, but it isn't bad either. The monster redesigns are awesome, and the secrets are sure to give some laughs. Remove all the repetition, and this would be an awesome game.

*I know People will disagree in some areas, but remember this is my honest opinion. I dont totally dislike the game. Ill probably turn it on every now and then. If you love this game in every way, then go play, and I hope you have fun
  21. Nov 26, 2011
    Don't let anybody tell you different, Serious Sam 3: BFE truly delivers on every expectation this fan wanted. Massive hordes? Check. Familiar enemies, and new memorable ones? Check. Difficult? You bet. Serious Sam 3 succeeds in being a throwback to the golden age of shooters as promised. Though it brings some contemporary FPS features such as iron sights, and sprinting, these areDon't let anybody tell you different, Serious Sam 3: BFE truly delivers on every expectation this fan wanted. Massive hordes? Check. Familiar enemies, and new memorable ones? Check. Difficult? You bet. Serious Sam 3 succeeds in being a throwback to the golden age of shooters as promised. Though it brings some contemporary FPS features such as iron sights, and sprinting, these are arguably more acceptable. Make no mistake, Croteam let those be the only contemporary elements, opting to keep the more unacceptable ones such as regenerating health, out of the formula.

The result is an old-school shooter, with a touch of modern spice, but not enough to completely overpower the taste with that stale generic feeling that your standard military FPS games have today. Croteam has created a perfect example of what FPS games should be like in innovation, and game play. Graphically, BFE is one of the most impressive video game visuals of 2011. Even the most hardened system may have trouble running with everything at maximum with the amount of action on screen. These "professional" reviewers who critique the visuals for the game are obviously blind, as the game's textures, and models are some of the best in 2011. In sounds, BFE also stands flawless. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing, once again created by the same composer who did the previous games. The score is fantastic, fitting, memorable. If you like Serious Sam music, you'll love this addition as well.

In closing.. BFE? A masterpiece created by Croteam that definitely deserved to be picked up if you've been longing for an FPS that stays true to what the genre should be like. And to any self-respecting Serious Sam fan out there; this game is for you.
  22. Nov 26, 2011
    I have no idea what these critics are thinking. This game is AMAZING. It's one of those games that comes out and isn't the most popular, but you just can't put it down after you start playing. Coming from Serious Sam 2, this definitely holds up to my expectations, and exceeds them. 16 player co-op looks awesome, I just need to round enough people up to play it. On a technical note, I'mI have no idea what these critics are thinking. This game is AMAZING. It's one of those games that comes out and isn't the most popular, but you just can't put it down after you start playing. Coming from Serious Sam 2, this definitely holds up to my expectations, and exceeds them. 16 player co-op looks awesome, I just need to round enough people up to play it. On a technical note, I'm very impressed by the Serious Engine 3.5. For example, they've managed to do shadows the right way, something that Skyrim couldn't deliver. By this I mean in the foreground of Skyrim, the shadows are distorted and low quality, where on Serious Sam they are sharp and crisp. Well done Croteam! Expand
  23. czi
    Nov 27, 2011
    Amazing gameplay, good graphics, but has some boring moments. Generally, it's feels like original Serious Sam FE/SE.
  24. Nov 27, 2011
    At first when I got this game I was like "ugh. What has Croteam done?", because you see, I pre ordered the digital deluxe of this, and I was worried that I had wasted $40 out of pure nostalgia. I will say this: the first couple of levels are slow, and definitely made me question my purchase. At about the third level, though, things definitely pick up. There were great improvement to combatAt first when I got this game I was like "ugh. What has Croteam done?", because you see, I pre ordered the digital deluxe of this, and I was worried that I had wasted $40 out of pure nostalgia. I will say this: the first couple of levels are slow, and definitely made me question my purchase. At about the third level, though, things definitely pick up. There were great improvement to combat in this game. I like the open environments, the new weapon set, and the new game engine. The monster designs are cooler than ever. Now, the campaign is fun, but it's not the best part. Go online and try your hand at some co-op Campaign, or my favorite, co-op Survival. This game has a great atmosphere for co-op. Pros and cons, shall we?

Pros: -Improvement in every older game element across the board
    -Excellent new designs
    -Super fun online
    -Replay value out the wazoo
    -Much harder than previous Sam games

Cons:
    -Only two Survival maps. This mode is very fun, and the two maps offered can keep me busy for a couple of hours, but there should still be... more. It would be nice if there were an update or content pack that added a few maps.
    -Digital Deluxe was not worth the extra ten bucks. Sorry, but the player models and sniper scope aren't that cool, and the soundtrack and bonus art, while good, are not enough to justify the extra $10 I spent. Save yourself some money and just get the base game.

Overall, a great game. I agree with anyone who pretty much said that this is what Duke Nukem Forever should have been, and I'd say that it's well worth investing in. If you're unsure, wait until the price drops to $30 on Steam. I think it's worth at least that.
  25. Nov 29, 2011
    Great story plot, great graphics, great cut scenes, fun weapons, lots of enemies to kill, what more could you want? Its been a long time since I have had this much fun with a game.
  26. Dec 5, 2011
    Utterly fantastic game. Shows Duke Nukem up for the charisma-free coke-head misogynist he is, and COD and Battlefield for just being boring. Warning: first couple of levels are a little bit dull, and then it picks up. Buy it NOW! Or Sam will have words with you. Very specific words. With a sledgehammer.
  27. Nov 26, 2011
    seriously? a 69/100? People are giving revivals of classic shooters such as Duke Nukem Forever and Serious Sam 3: BFE scores they don't deserve. I've never even played earlier versions of these games because I was just a baby when Duke Nukem Forever was announced. But seeing the scores of those games, upsets me. People just don't give games the scores they deserve. So I'm giving this a 11/10.
  28. Jan 3, 2012
    THE GAME IS AWESOME !
    Its like the old Serious Sam series with big maps good graphics and a lot of enemies that will kill you a lot !
    This is the only game who remain classic ! and now its the only clasic game with awesome graphics ! Its a hell of the game i have buy it on the prise of 14 euro and it was worth it! U can play it with a lot of ur friends online and have an awesome time (all
    THE GAME IS AWESOME !
    U can play it with a lot of ur friends online and have an awesome time (all of you not )
    its a fully action game the enemies doesnt spawn behind you or everywhere on the map they have a special place something other games doesnt do in the same type and make the game stupid!
    Serious Sam is a hell of a good game with serious enemies and serious players!
    LETS GET SERIOUS!
  29. Nov 27, 2011
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH*BOOM*

Roughly translates to "We all know Serious Sam, we all love his original arcade style shooter, Serious Sam 3 is _exactly_ what it says on the tin. A fast paced, frantic, fun, unique fps experience, that doesn't take itself seriously. If you're looking for an epic, non-linear plot, with realistic weapons, you've come to the wrong place.. If you're looking for an absolute blast of a fps experience, BUY THIS GAME. A genius mix of new and old game mechanics. 10/10."
  30. Nov 29, 2011
    Now this is a REALLY serious Sam. More blood, monsters, brutal, violent, hardcore, and more, FU**ING MORE serious than ever. Nobody wants boring casual shooters like BF3 or MW.
  31. Nov 29, 2011
    Nice chapter for Sam, finally we can find both sprint and bunny hopping, iron sight and unlimited ammo boxes...the enemies are basically the same old ones from the first ep. but with some great add, like spiders, minotaur, and ''dark brides''. Melee combo attack are funny and even helpful when you find a Kleer in your face and only a rocket launcher in hands!
    Each level has a boss and/or
    Each level has a boss and/or mini-boss, and it's another good thing that wasn't there in the last game.
    Last but not least, the serious engine, really good imho, with bloom, hdr and post-processing effects implemented in the best way. Also useful is the spotlight for ammo/health. The sarcasm of the protagonist is in every sentence he speaks...and it's also appreciable and funny the new ''ANECA''.
    In the end, the best SS since now! If you love the fps and you hate scripts, this is your game...a game of 15+ hrs, not an interactive-movie of about 3 hrs like most of fps today!
  32. Jan 3, 2012
    I bought about 30 games during the steam sale and this one was the best one by far. None of this storyline or e-z mode crap to deal with. The opposite of a game like RAGE which trolls you for the first 10 mins, in this game you will probably have killed at least 50 enemies by the 10 min mark. FTW - seriously
  33. Nov 28, 2011
    This game is the epitome of what a coop game should be. Grab anywhere between 1 and 15 friends, and set out to have a blast. From smashing enemies into millions of gibs all the way to ripping out their hearts and eyes, this game takes comic violence to a whole new level. The dialogue bits are few and far between, but they did it right, making sure every phrase said is a comic gem. ThoughThis game is the epitome of what a coop game should be. Grab anywhere between 1 and 15 friends, and set out to have a blast. From smashing enemies into millions of gibs all the way to ripping out their hearts and eyes, this game takes comic violence to a whole new level. The dialogue bits are few and far between, but they did it right, making sure every phrase said is a comic gem. Though laden with launch day bugs, the devs have been working hard bringing fixes to the game since day 1. There isnt a person out there that I wouldnt recommend this game to Expand
  34. Nov 30, 2011
    Many fans of serious sam loves the game very much. i tried the game yesterday if its really fun definetly drives my head out. serious sam 3 is the best bloody game ive ever played .
  35. Dec 1, 2011
    -Sam is back, baby!
    -More than dozen deadly weapons causing destruction in both your enemies, and in the environment.
    -No regen-health, no weapon limitations, tons of enemies coming at you at once at best! -BLOOD AND GORE, and YOU are the reason for all that! If you don't like red syrup, you can change it to something else, like CANDY! No, I'm serious. Check it out. -As implied above,
    -Sam is back, baby!
    -BLOOD AND GORE, and YOU are the reason for all that! If you don't like red syrup, you can change it to something else, like CANDY! No, I'm serious. Check it out. -As implied above, there's a huge list of options settings to tweak around, a real candy store for PC gamers!
    -LONG campaign! Expect to get at least 15h out of SS3 if you play on at least Normal difficulty, and enjoy searching for hidden secrets! (took me 20h!)
    -You think that the first levels were bad or too hard? You have not seen a thing yet! This game really turns up the heat the further you get, trust me. Things get SERIOUS before you know it!

Refreshing experience in the middle of this dull, "brown & bloom" modern-era military shooter trend! Be it with friends or alone, Serious Sam 3 is one helluva entertaining experience, and definitely one of the best games out in 2011! If it wasn't for the big mainstream releases, SS3 could be GOTY material!
  36. Jan 2, 2012
    Yes, it's Serious Sam, the way it used to be before the atrocity that is SS2 was released. Be careful when reading user reviews of the game, because it DOES take a long time to get going - and most people complaining about the game seem to have stopped after an hour or two.

If you can stomach the first few levels, the game does pick up quite quickly. By the time you leave the war-ravaged city setting and reach the pyramid, it's back to what you expect - giant, open areas where wave after wave of monsters come at you, interspersed with occasional dark and slightly creepy tunnels and tombs.

And my God, is it refreshing to play a shooter that lets you quicksave anytime, doesn't have checkpoints, has healthpacks and armor instead of regenerating health, and lets you carry all your guns at the same time.

I am only deducting a point because of the incredibly boring first few hours, and the lack of silliness that was present in the first two games - no giggling health pills that run away from you, no kamikaze bush, and no 'secret bloodbath' where picking up a health +1 triggers some giant robots surrounding you in a tiny courtyard. The gameplay, though, is 100% there.
  37. Dec 31, 2011
    If you didn't rate this game 10 out of 10 then you don't know **** about video games. It's a fantastic game with just enough new tactics to make it fresh when compared to the originals, and there is even an achievement for those who only use classic tactics to win "Oldschool". Gameplay is as fun as ever, story is great and much better presented due to significantly increased voice acting,If you didn't rate this game 10 out of 10 then you don't know **** about video games. It's a fantastic game with just enough new tactics to make it fresh when compared to the originals, and there is even an achievement for those who only use classic tactics to win "Oldschool". Gameplay is as fun as ever, story is great and much better presented due to significantly increased voice acting, models look fantastic, and animations bring the hordes of Mental to life. Great game, if you're on the fence, BUY IT NOW. Expand
  38. Jan 5, 2012
    Great game old school but in a good way get it ****
  39. Dec 30, 2011
    Critics are fools. Ss3 is old school shooter in modern dress. Its saves his perfect spirit, has nice graphic for, and awesome gameplay. For now i shoot 10 for 10 for this great game.
  40. Dec 2, 2011
    You exit a secret passage under what used to be the Sphinx, shotgun in hand with a fair amount of shells. Your health isn't looking too bad either at 89%. You notice there is a large amount of extra health, armour and ammo in front of you. You can hear masses of headless fellows, reanimated skeletons and robot walkers teleporting within your vicinity.

This is when Serious Sam 3: BFE

This is when Serious Sam 3: BFE really starts. All of those levels set in urban environments were only there to ease in people who weren't used to this breed of shooter, the kind of shooter that could pass as a modern Smash TV or Robotron 2084 if the camera was placed at a top-down perspective. No regenerating health, little cover (that doesn't last long), and swarms of monsters that want you dead. At the same time you're given a fighting chance with a variety of weapons such as the stock standard pistol, shotgun, rocket launcher and assault rifle, as well as less conventional weapons like a sledgehammer (great when surrounded by lesser enemies in close range), the devastator (a kind of sniper grenade launcher that is fun to use) and the almighty cannon. This cannon isn't some sort of science fiction-ey cannon, this is the kind of that would look at home on a pirate ship. The satisfaction gained from firing this bastard of a thing through a herd of Kleers is immense. Another great thing about these weapons is that you can carry all of these at once, as opposed to two or three in most shooters these days.

While the gameplay is similar to the Serious Sam gameplay that youâ
  41. Dec 6, 2011
    Everything you would expect from a classic shooter, reborn. The game is totally worth buying as it's nearly perfect in every way possible and you should not be wasting your time reading this because you SHOULD be buying the game right now
  42. Dec 30, 2011
    Where Duke fails, Sam prevails. Some old-school FPS here that doesn't focus on brown, 2 weapon limit or cover, Serious Sam is all about crazy action andWhere Duke fails, Sam prevails. Some old-school FPS here that doesn't focus on brown, 2 weapon limit or cover, Serious Sam is all about crazy action and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Expand
  43. Dec 29, 2011
    It's nice to take a break from Skyrim or Battlefield 3 and just have some good old fashioned fps action. You point, you shoot, he's dead. No worrying about recoil and other simmish things. It's awesome and unique. I love it.
  44. Jan 1, 2012
    Good old Serious Sam gameplay, with impressive graphics! Expect hordes of enemies and loads of co-op fun. For a real challenge, play on Serious Difficulty.
  45. Aug 8, 2012
    A spiced-up oldschool shooter with tons of stuff to kill. What's not to like?
  46. Apr 27, 2012
    this game's absolutely by far the best in the SS series but to me the graphics are very demanding even though i have a gaming PC but this is what we've been missing in 2011 an old school shooter. well done Croteam!
  47. May 7, 2012
    This is if not the top FPS of 2011, it's at least the top 5. There are many new great changes and most of the great ideas from the first 2 encounters are still implemented. I played through the game on Hard and loved it from beginning to end. In a Brain dead Shoot em up FPS there is nothing more you can ask for. Any fps or Sam lover must pick this game immediately if you dot already haveThis is if not the top FPS of 2011, it's at least the top 5. There are many new great changes and most of the great ideas from the first 2 encounters are still implemented. I played through the game on Hard and loved it from beginning to end. In a Brain dead Shoot em up FPS there is nothing more you can ask for. Any fps or Sam lover must pick this game immediately if you dot already have it, i bought it for 50 but they have it on sales and steam had it for 15 dollars... 15!!!!!! F'N Dollars for such an amazing game, please go and do yourself a favor and pick up this fansamtastic game. There is so much i can say about this game like the game is made for newbies and pros alike, easy to pick up, gorgeous graphics, tons of awesome enemies and weapons, SERIOUS QUOTES, and so much more. Really... what else can you ask for.... not many games like this come out anymore and this is definitely a game worth having in your collection. This game is also mod-able so the more people that play the more mods we can make and make the game ever more fun. This game runs on any PC ranging from 300$ to 10,000$ and will still look good on all low graphics. Plenty of Single Player and Multilayer to take many hours away from your life. Please stop playing awful games COD and expand your horizons. Thank you. That is all. Expand
  48. Sep 23, 2012
    ............ awesome ......... i think no one can see the best shooting game than it ever before ............ __ :) ..... :)
    .............. :)
  49. Jan 5, 2013
    Había jugado el SS: HD The First Encounter y me había parecido "bien". Pero SS 3 trae un aire fresco lleno de aación. Los gráficos son estupendos, las armas se ven muy bien, gran cantidad de enemigos. La historia es simple pero baaa a quien le importa solo ponte a disparar o aplastar. Para el género hardcore shooter es increible.
  50. QOO
    Nov 16, 2013
    This is what a shooter is all about. No need for a story, and explosive combat. This is a game about shooting. Thousands of enemies come after you, and you have an arsenal of guns. Blast them all away. This is how all games should be made.
  51. Mar 19, 2015
    Do you like frantic action in a FPS game? Do you like nice environments both epic and pretty? Do you like a nice line-up of very responsive and fun to use weapons?

I would guess, the answer to all of them is yes, correct? And this game's answers is 'yes' to all of them. And it was really fun in the first couple of hours. Maybe even too fun (as the endless enemies thrown at the player

And it was really fun in the first couple of hours. Maybe even too fun (as the endless enemies thrown at the player was a fresh concept for me).
    Can then, somebody explain to me, why this game failed to be engaging really soon?
    My own explanation is - because all of those reasons. Quake had frantic action, but it didn't feel repetitive. Half-life also had epic environments, but they weren't only for background. The weapons, well they are just "meh".

And I would kind want to continue playing, but I know exactly what will happen - I'll go to a big open space and I'll have to shoot the hell out of hundreds of the same enemies that I already know and probably fight an occasional boss. Again, and again, and again... Only if the enemies weren't that much and time-consuming to shoot them all - I would probably want to see all the scenery remaining.
  52. Nov 23, 2011
    The best Fps 2011!Best Fps Ever!Mega funny,mega bloody!I love this game!
    Its real Serious Sam!Croteam remember,how do it!
    New Serious Sam have nice single player,and traditional serious multi player. Croteam use new Serious Engine 3.5-mega powerful graphic and physic core.
    I real enjoyed this game.
    MUST HAVE!
  53. Nov 22, 2011
    The game is the best "spray n pray" shooter out there, god i love it! It really proves that serious sam still is better than duke nukem and all the other more masculine characters out there
  54. Nov 22, 2011
    Serious Sam 3 is pure awesome.

Where Duke Nuke'em failed, Serious Sam delivers...

This game has the same spirit and feeling of Serious Sam the 1st Encounter and Serious Sam the 2nd Encounter (forget Serious Sam #2 - it was the Saturday morning cartoon version of SS games). 10/10 - This is the first game in years that I feel was worth the wait.
  55. Nov 22, 2011
    This was the first time playing a serious Sam game .... It is freaking awesome ... It reminds me of old school shooters and I love it ... I would highly recommend this game to anyone that enjoys FPS..It's a breath of fresh air in the FPS category!!!! It's been about an hour now since I played and two things are standing out..1 I want to keep playing and 2 I can still hear the bomb guysThis was the first time playing a serious Sam game .... It is freaking awesome ... It reminds me of old school shooters and I love it ... I would highly recommend this game to anyone that enjoys FPS..It's a breath of fresh air in the FPS category!!!! It's been about an hour now since I played and two things are standing out..1 I want to keep playing and 2 I can still hear the bomb guys screaming!! Way cool game Expand
  56. Nov 22, 2011
    The enemies are ridiculous, the level of violence is unnecessary, AND I BLOODY LOVE IT. I was either laughing my ass off at tearing through a mob of gnaars or scared **** by an unseen horde of kamikazes. The new features like ADS and sprinting keep it fresh while also remaining faithful to the Serious Sam tradition.
  57. Nov 23, 2011
    Such a breath of fresh air, I wish videos would focus more on fun rather than being serious or realistic. I mean really, MLG? all that stuff is bullshiv, video games are meant to be fun, and that is what this game delivers.
  58. Nov 22, 2011
    So Far so good, Just as I imagined, serious action serious sam!!!! Ive got the graphics maxxed on a hd6970 and it looks pretty good.. a massive improvement over the previous SS's If you want a game that's going to have MAX fun factor and dont care so much about a in-depth storyline then this is for you :D the only problem ive found so far is that the Field of View (FOV) seems a littleSo Far so good, Just as I imagined, serious action serious sam!!!! Ive got the graphics maxxed on a hd6970 and it looks pretty good.. a massive improvement over the previous SS's If you want a game that's going to have MAX fun factor and dont care so much about a in-depth storyline then this is for you :D the only problem ive found so far is that the Field of View (FOV) seems a little zoomed in but its prob just a setting I havnt changed yet..... I havnt finished the game yet but so far im damn impressed and multiplayer is great!!! Expand
  59. Nov 23, 2011
    BAM! I don't always create a Metacritic account to write a 10/10 review but when I do, I do it for FORK PARKER. Make his wife happy, buy this game. In turn I'm sure you'll find we'll ALL be happy.
  60. Nov 26, 2011
    It's classic Sam at it's best. Before you believe the low reviews that say it's changed, they only played the first level and didn't look at the options. All the new stuff like view blob, sprint, iron sights, reticules and other modern stuff can be turned off in the options. Every level past the first one has huge open spaces and bad ass bosses. Serious Sam 3 is serious.
  61. Nov 29, 2011
    Magnificent, from the astoundingly detailed graphics to the perfectly timed soundtracks, to the huge, simply awe-inspiring size and scale of the environments. The whole game is an almost pornographic crescendo of action, from its humble, reassuring beginning, involving an unarmed Sam vs a single Gnaar on a rooftop, to its, let's face it, orgasmic finale.

If you liked everything about

If you liked everything about Serious Sam's First and Second encounters, you'll agree with me that this too deserves a perfect *10*. Now that's not to say that there's nothing about the game that we wouldn't have done differently had we been in the lead developer's seat - but it does mean that if you're looking for serious, epic (in the true sense of the word) FPS videogame action, this is as good as it gets in 2011.
  62. Nov 23, 2011
    Just released I could not resist! I was very confident and ... expectations were not disappointed! This game is S-T-R-E-P-I-T-O-S-O! 1) Freedom of action incredible, skyscrapers and condominiums explorable in all their plans (to lost) 2) Hundreds of secrets 3) Humour in Serious 4) Difficult 5) Gameplay Awesome! 6) Open space incredible 7) Graphics GREAT! Want more?? This game is a must andJust released I could not resist! I was very confident and ... expectations were not disappointed! This game is S-T-R-E-P-I-T-O-S-O! 1) Freedom of action incredible, skyscrapers and condominiums explorable in all their plans (to lost) 2) Hundreds of secrets 3) Humour in Serious 4) Difficult 5) Gameplay Awesome! 6) Open space incredible 7) Graphics GREAT! Want more?? This game is a must and once again shows that the consoles have only to learn and that the best games, the real Triple A games are making by software houses serious and passionate and not attached to hard cash. With this title and next on everyone's lips, we can safely say that the PC platform still eat ahead of all others, no ifs, ands or buts! TO HAVE! Very recommended! Expand
  63. Nov 29, 2011
    You will die. Over and over. Again and again. If your current enemy wave isn't causing you to die enough, the next one will. Because they will all come. At the same time. In a horde. From multiple angles. And possibly behind you. If you survive that, the next one may give you some hope. By coming in a stream. But that hope is false. Because they'll be coming from around a corner. At highYou will die. Over and over. Again and again. If your current enemy wave isn't causing you to die enough, the next one will. Because they will all come. At the same time. In a horde. From multiple angles. And possibly behind you. If you survive that, the next one may give you some hope. By coming in a stream. But that hope is false. Because they'll be coming from around a corner. At high speed. In a line that never seems to end. All the while firing at you. This also happens to be another pivotal point. The one where you realize you're out of ammo.

Have fun.
  64. Nov 24, 2011
    Only two critic reviews so far? Seriously? This to me is pretty firm evidence that game review sites are nothing more than puppies being fed dollar signs by so-called "big buck" game publishers to deliver on a perpetual basis unrealistically hyped-up and base-less reviews of games which are so thought-less and pathetic that they would not be able to sell on their own otherwise. Serious SamOnly two critic reviews so far? Seriously? This to me is pretty firm evidence that game review sites are nothing more than puppies being fed dollar signs by so-called "big buck" game publishers to deliver on a perpetual basis unrealistically hyped-up and base-less reviews of games which are so thought-less and pathetic that they would not be able to sell on their own otherwise. Serious Sam 3 has got to be one of the best games of the year and Croteam deserves so much more than this. This is GOTY content we are looking at. Two very big thumbs up to Croteam for having the nerve to stick to the true, solid and proven roots of classic first person shooting in an era where everyone else is trying to make their games more "realistic" and more "story" and "character" driven. Croteam has delivered to us a reminder of what the true value of fun in gaming is all about. Serious Sam 3 is fun and this to me is the single most important aspect of any game I wish to play. Sure, it may be seen as being overly simplistic to some... after all, Serious Sam 3 is pretty much a "go from Point-A to Point-B and kill everything in between Point-A and Point-B" type of game. But if it works and you are having one heck of an awesome time then Croteam has succeeded where others have failed. Thank you Croteam for this epic masterpiece. Expand
  65. Nov 23, 2011
    Croteam did an amazing job, veterans of the Serious Sam series will be pleased with the original over-the-top shooter formula and at the same time, there is a lot added to also appeal to those new to the series. Fun, satisfying, skillful game play.
  66. Nov 23, 2011
    Why this game had so little media attention is beyond me. This game stays true to the old school 'run and gun' style that I loved in the original games and Duke Nukem 3D (looking down the gun scope aside). Definitely a great game for those who stay true to, and love, the chaos and explosions of shooter of the past.
  67. Nov 25, 2011
    Cro team did it again! Beautiful game..graphics are tremendous! game-play is off the charts..forget modern warfare 3 forget battlefield this is the game you want!
  68. Nov 25, 2011
    This is the best SHOOTER of the last years! Pure fun, madness and epic. It feels as if I was sent into the past, in golden age of PC shooters,when the genre of fps was not poisoned by console gayplay. Thank you, Croteam, for this feast of the soul!
  69. Nov 26, 2011
    Serious Sam 3: BFE is a really serious game! This game is just fun, and action packed to the max well said GenuineOpinion. I love this game! Thank you Croteam, you are the best and Serious Sam is the best too!
  70. Nov 27, 2011
    Easy ten from me. The game offers the same as the old titles and something more. Even if some of the new game play changes made are copied from other newer FPS games, they certainly do improve the experience both in single and multiplayer. The game engine is very impressive, it looks and sounds excellent. The multiplayer content seems a bit small at the moment but I'm certain that is aboutEasy ten from me. The game offers the same as the old titles and something more. Even if some of the new game play changes made are copied from other newer FPS games, they certainly do improve the experience both in single and multiplayer. The game engine is very impressive, it looks and sounds excellent. The multiplayer content seems a bit small at the moment but I'm certain that is about to change in the near future. Expand
  71. Nov 23, 2011
    serious sam is serious, and he comes very serious. Very sick game, if you play this game, you can't leave the pc. The game is very, VERY fun, it comes an hord of enemies that you need to kill it, and thats i call FUN.
    The graphics and very nice, and sound too, with the aiming system is very better to shoot, and a lot of new guns that you can use.
    Buy this game, offers much fun and action
    Buy this game, offers much fun and action than mw3/bf3.
    Yea, Sam is SERIOUS.
  72. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is a welcome break from his year's overhyped releases that failed to deliver. It is all I was hoping it will be and more. Just pure trigger-happy fun! If you liked the previous games in this franchise or Painkiller then that it is the dream come true. If you are more into RPG style or moremodern combat style then please don't waste your money just to leave bad review later. ThisThis game is a welcome break from his year's overhyped releases that failed to deliver. It is all I was hoping it will be and more. Just pure trigger-happy fun! If you liked the previous games in this franchise or Painkiller then that it is the dream come true. If you are more into RPG style or moremodern combat style then please don't waste your money just to leave bad review later. This game is well polished, has perfect controls, a load of weapons and mirriadof enemies to try the arsenal on. I stopped only to brine my turkey and get another cold one and will be going right back into the game to shoot Mental's scum! It is the best Thanksgiving ever! Expand
  73. Nov 23, 2011
    beats rage and duke nukem forever in the old school category hands down; fun game for sure, it gets out of control quickly and the game-play is hectic and crazy. also it has proper video settings and a its clearly made for PC through and through no stupid console **** to deal with. if your looking for realism look elsewhere; serious sam is for true gamers only
  74. Nov 23, 2011
    I was waiting for it for about 1 year - and its freaking awesome! Pure fun! You can feel the climate of previous Serious Sam games - just go to shop and buy it!
  75. Nov 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my opinion Serious Sam 3: BFE is one of the best games in the Serious Sam series. Starting before the events of the First Encounter, Serious Sam 3: BFE will give you the complete picture of what happened before Sam entered the TimeLock device and traveled back in time to ancient Egypt. Beginning the game in half-destroyed modern Cairo you will travel through different environments including modern Karnak, Luxor and finaly you will arrive at Hatshepsut temple where the TimeLock device is located. Serious Sam 3: BFE feels and plays exactly like two previous parts of Serious Sam and if you have played them then you'll feel like home here. There are a little innovations for some weapons such as the need to periodically reload them and the ability to aim-down-the-sights for the pistol and the assault rifle. In Serious Sam 3 you can also sprint like in most modern shooters. Sprinting in Serious Sam 3 is unlimited however you will not be able to shoot while doing so. It's very useful feature when, for example you need take a tactical retreat from a group of Headless Kamikazes that are chasing you. Returning to the campaign, someone might say that Serious Sam 3 is short, but it isn't really short. The campaign has 12 levels and it took me personally about 12 hours to complete it on Easy Difficulty. The are a large variety of enemies in Serious Sam 3 and they are all pretty challenging. I have completed both previous parts on Mental difficulty and while I played Serious Sam 3 on Easy I have died and died a lot. As for the graphics, it may not be Crysis 2, but it's very beautiful, if you plan on playing this game then you should stop from time to time to look around, because there definitely is what to see. Overall I recommend this game to all Serious Sam fans and to all out there who are looking for a good old-school shooter. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  76. Nov 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. !!!Game Chaos!!!! Non stop action!!! Very very GOOD!!! Its awesome!!! 10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not see, better game in this year! Expand
  77. Nov 24, 2011
    First game in a long time that feels as fast and fluid as a PC FPS should. Its a great throwback to the golden age of FPS gaming.

Classic Serious Sam gameplay with great graphics and plenty of multiplayer modes.
  78. Nov 24, 2011
    Hold down the trigger, Run backward, Repeat! Long campaign, Awesome graphic, no health generation, NO COVER, lots of enemies, big BOSSES, awesome story, no bug in game, ...! This is a REAL game for ONLY real OLD gamers!! Whoever says this game is boring, just shooting enemies and ... , he/she is not a real gamer!
    It's Serious Sam!! So Bad-Ass!
  79. Nov 24, 2011
    Serious Sam is back and better that ever, there are alot of things added to this game making it more epical, sure story isnt very good but gameplay it self is the main thing in this game. A+
  80. Nov 28, 2011
    Highly recommended to newcomers and fans alike. A testimony to the fact that a developer can remain faithful to a series' roots while at the same time keeping the formula fresh, addictive and entertaining.

The visuals are beautiful, the weapons devastating and the monsters cooler and uglier than ever. Coop mode will rock your pants!
  81. Nov 24, 2011
    The game is great!!!! The Serious Engine 3 is amazing engine, it has a LOT OF GRAPHIC OPTIONS, the game has an Official editor, this game has a great optimization, and a LOT OF ACTION!!!!!

CROTEAM DESERVES MY RESPECT!! :):)
  82. Sep 18, 2012
    Serious Sam 3 :BFE is a no-nonsense old school FPS that sadly have all but gone extinct. You aren't thrown into a bad story driven fps and given spurts of action, you are dropped into a mockingly bad story and getting the sink and every other object that isn't nailed down thrown at you. Much like the first Sam games you are asked to face an army of aliens that not only are very nasty butSerious Sam 3 :BFE is a no-nonsense old school FPS that sadly have all but gone extinct. You aren't thrown into a bad story driven fps and given spurts of action, you are dropped into a mockingly bad story and getting the sink and every other object that isn't nailed down thrown at you. Much like the first Sam games you are asked to face an army of aliens that not only are very nasty but come at you in numbers so great at times that you can't help but think "Thats gotta be it" and then another huge wave appears. It's a simple yet effective and highly entertaining approach that makes Sam games such a treat compared to the psuedo-realist approach of many modern FPS's. -- Sam 3 also breaks the current trend of fps's in that it gives you a very lengthy single player campaign. When you finish Sam 3 you will in no way feel like you got half a game, in fact Sam 3's single player is probably 2-3 times bigger then "modern" shooters and a truley epic experience towards the end. -- Sam 3 has a very nice look but doesn't quite have jaw dropping visuals, you get a little bit of a cookie cutter feel after playing through the campaign which still while looking good tends to repeat a bit too much. It does however have one of if not the most robust graphic options menus I have ever seen on any PC game ever, everything from changing blood color to "hippie" to advanced stuff like parallax occlusion, so tweaking settings to get the visual quality and performance are only limited by your understanding of the options. -- Sam 3 also has one of the most badass soundtracks around. Pure adrenaline inducing and just awesome how it picks up when you are in the middle of a heavy firefight or fighting a boss. -- Sam 3 also sports a very strong co-op mode which allows you to play through the entire campaign with a total of 16 players. It sports a survival mode that sends wave after wave of enemies while you try to beat yours or others best times. Finally to round out the multiplayer it has a traditional deathmatch mode. -- All in all Serious Sam 3:BFE is a just a great throwback PC-centric FPS that could make most of the modern FPS's it's **** Expand
  83. Nov 26, 2011
    OMG its amazing! Simply the best 100% pure f**n shooter since Doom3. And Serious Engine 3 is pretty cool too, especially gore and open environment looks very impressive. The only thing bad in this game is 3 multilayer maps! What were they thinking?? (AVGN voice) Deathmatch is really has oldschool, quake style, like to play it, wish they add more in closer future.
    And metascore also is
    And metascore also is strange, dont look at it, just look at userscore, like COD MW3: which had 2 userscore vs 83 mc
  84. Nov 26, 2011
    The most badass game of the year. It's what a FPS should be in this day and age. **** YEAH SERIOUS SAM 3 BFE, SERIOUSLY, GO PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  85. Nov 27, 2011
    I love this game but because of the **** 150 character long rule I cannot say that its just **** awesome in 3 or 4 words I have to elaborate an entire session of asskissing and licking !!!
  86. Nov 25, 2011
    This is a furious shooter in whitch gameplay comes first. These days there is no alternative. If you want a cool shooting experience without all of the **** the modern shooters come with this is your game. It simply put way to much FUN to pass! Buy it!
  87. Nov 24, 2011
    A True PC Shooter, its been a long time
    Masterpiece, nothing more, nothing less, this is what all hardcore PC games that loved the likes of Doom and Quake should buy instantly, support this game, we need more classic PC shooters like this and less console shooters like Bad Company 3 and Call of Duty 14.
    A True PC Shooter, its been a long time

Ignore all the reviews from Official sites like IGN, they have no idea what they are talking about, a bunch of casuals, all of them
  88. Dec 2, 2011
    Well worth the 40$, Fast-paced fun PC Gaming. 9/10 coz its a bit short, bring on some DLC ~ I have more money for you Croteam! 1up's review is really spot on and now back to some Serious Sam...I haven't even tried the 16 player co-op yet either.....
  89. Dec 6, 2011
    All I can say is Call of Sam Modern Serious-fare 3. This is what Duke Nukem Forever should have been like. Though dumbed down alot, a very fun edition to the Serious Sam franchise :) 7/10
  90. Nov 30, 2011
    Serious Sam 3 puts the shooting back in FPS. It is a little slower to get going than the previous installments, but once it picks up the pace it's pretty much a non-stop hectic boomfest. Started playing on serious difficulty and am now 16 hours into the game, still haven't finished it. I'm loving everything ranging from the action, the difficulty, the graphics and especially the sound.Serious Sam 3 puts the shooting back in FPS. It is a little slower to get going than the previous installments, but once it picks up the pace it's pretty much a non-stop hectic boomfest. Started playing on serious difficulty and am now 16 hours into the game, still haven't finished it. I'm loving everything ranging from the action, the difficulty, the graphics and especially the sound. This game just delivers, pure and simple. Thanks Croteam. :) Expand
  91. Nov 29, 2011
    One of the most fun games of the year, and it's an indie too! I guess that's getting to be a trend. The little guys can do whatever they want, while the big ones are stuck, having to deliver profits in the billions or get sacked.
    It's Possibly the best shooter in the last ... 6-7 years? Requires and rewards skill with the mouse, it's fast, it's unrelenting in its pace and its difficulty on Serious is seriously brutal. Loads of ways to go about doing everything, lots of interesting weapons, seems quite long too, even if some reviews slagged it for being short, my steam timer says I played it 7 hours now and I'm only on the "Unearthing the Sun" level. If the buildup continues like it has so far, I just can't wait to get further into the game and see more, then play it again in coop with a friend or two, maybe try out 16 player coop at the next LAN. The game starts out slow as a direct parody of the Call of Duty / Battlefield / Medal of Honor games that have gotten so popular recently, complete with "blurry staring at hands"-scene. It then goes on in a series of levels that give you only a pistol, a sledgehammer, and your fists to fight off an increasing amount of baddies. The whole thing looks much like any other modern shooter; a bombed out middle eastern city. But while you're running around aiming down the sights of your pistol/assault rifle, and pumping out a few with your shotgun, the absurdity just increases evermore. It looks like Call of Duty: Yet Another Game, but you're shooting some far out monster, and the whole thing is just golden. Sam gets a lot of calls from someone in an earpiece, who he constantly tells to just shut up and then continues with his own thing, acting like the Duke Nukem we'd all hoped to see return in DNF. It's a hilarious quip at the current trend of high profile shooters where you're always relegated to being some grunt who just follows the Follow blurb over one of the NPCs and waits patiently for them to open doors.

The graphics are quite good, everything is sharp and pretty, and the game runs reasonably well too (on a HD5870 + X4 965 I get 30-40 fps most the time at "max" settings without antialiasing at 2560x1440), and everything is quite top-of-the-line for a game that's developed by an independent studio in Croatia.

Bad parts I noticed were that the AI has some issues with close quarters, but most of the game takes place in rather open areas so it doesn't become too evident. The level design is ... weird. It's basically a return to Serious Sam 1 again, where you have short interludes between large arena style fights. Only this time the arenas are littered with ruins that blow up spectacularly (this is good), but I miss more indoor variety levels. Maybe they'll pop up later, but so far the parts that are around are not very indoor'ish. But of course, that's not really what you expect from SS, but hey, they could expand a little :-) Reloading and the inability to do so while sprinting, and the incessant need to do it all the time on the pumpaction shotgun and the assaultrifle is annoying. I wish they'd removed that, as it does take quite a while to get through the game on Serious difficulty. Maybe had it as an option or give upgrades later on that would enable infinite shooting. It would've been better if you could reload while sprinting though. But hey, can't have everything I guess. Gotta relearn how to move again I guess :p since all the last many games have been spent crouching in a single spot while shooting pop-up target baddies.

Conclusion: Really fun game. Graphics are great, voiceacting is fun, story is total nonsense, locations are spectacular, guns are great and rewarding to use, difficulty is way up there on the higher ones, but it doesn't become frustrating like 1 hit 1 death shots from invisible enemies. You can always hear what's around you and you can move to avoid/kill it if you're clever enough and fast enough.

Been an FPS fan since I played Wolfenstein 3D the first time in 1992, and this, this is what FPS are all about to me. Highly recommended.
  92. Nov 23, 2011
    if you've played serious sam, you know what to expect. the game is pretty solid in terms of gameplay and graphics, but it seems like the community may not be there. it's more of a niche hardcore / classic fps gamers game. if you aren't sure, pick it up on sale.
  93. Nov 23, 2011
    Let's be honest...This game is so much fun and addictive but its not for score 10...The missions are mostly the same and the environment is linear..Singleplayer is unplayable because is boring to play alone...But CO-OP is Fcking Great...I couldn't let it go,soo good...But as I said, it has disadvantages, and cant deserves more than 8..But Croteam...Keep Up
  94. May 18, 2013
    SS3 came as a surprise to me. I never played any of the previous games in the series and this one was quite fun. It's a fast paced FPS where you slaughter hordes of aliens in your bid to save the planet. The story is paper thin and not particularly interesting, but it does enough to give you reason to go from level to level. The combat is fluid and very entertaining. The graphics areSS3 came as a surprise to me. I never played any of the previous games in the series and this one was quite fun. It's a fast paced FPS where you slaughter hordes of aliens in your bid to save the planet. The story is paper thin and not particularly interesting, but it does enough to give you reason to go from level to level. The combat is fluid and very entertaining. The graphics are pretty average and the voice acting sounds are average as well. If you enjoy mindless shooting then you'll probably enjoy SS3. It also has campaign co-op and versus multiplayer modes for those of you that enjoy that kind of stuff. Expand
  95. Dec 3, 2011
    I have been incredibly underwhelmed with the last two major shooter releases this year, and had given up hope. Oh, but what is this? A new Serious Sam game! Well I loved the last two! Although, I was still unsure whether or not it would. Well it is. In fact, it the most fun shooter that I have played all year, and that's all it is about, fun, and nothing else. Also, do not be persuaded byI have been incredibly underwhelmed with the last two major shooter releases this year, and had given up hope. Oh, but what is this? A new Serious Sam game! Well I loved the last two! Although, I was still unsure whether or not it would. Well it is. In fact, it the most fun shooter that I have played all year, and that's all it is about, fun, and nothing else. Also, do not be persuaded by the first four or so levels which is boring corridor shooting! As if flicking a switch the game returns to it's roots with big guns and massive environments. Your health does not regenerate, the enemies are tough, and you will get your ass kicked many times. But every second will be loved Expand
  96. Dec 3, 2011
    this is what we have wanted for serious sam.
    i thought this game was another console multi crap title. but i was totally wrong.
    this is real FPS. a lot of enemies, high speed game, the best graphic of SS titles.
    serious sam is back now!!
  97. Jan 6, 2012
    This is back to basics gaming at its best. I think the developers have kept it simple and similar to the previous outings which I also own.
    Pretty amazing graphics and textures enhance the gameplay as well.
    Definitely one of my best game purchases. I'm 16 hours in and haven't even tried out the co-op and multi-player yet as am enjoying the single player game so much
  98. Apr 26, 2012
    Incredible game, amazing good ol' classic FPS gameplay with a small modern twist that in my opinion when I saw the trailers I thought it would ruin the game but no, it only adds to the game a lot.
    The graphics are one of the best I saw in quite a while, seriously, just run this game on max settings, looks **** amazing!
    The game has so many throw backs to the classic Serious Sam games
    The game has so many throw backs to the classic Serious Sam games (First and Second Encounter) like secrets, one-liners and much more that just made me so happy.
    The game is so awesome I swear I.. just... SQUEE.
    If you are a fan of the classic Serious Sam games GET THIS GAME, if you love classic FPSs like Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, Blood, Shadow Warrior, etc, GET THIS GAME, if you are a fan of modern FPSs GET THIS GAME I just recommend this to EVERYONE! It's one of the best games to come out in years, I haven't been this excited in a long time.
  99. Feb 11, 2012
    Serious Sam 3 is at its best when it resembles the original Serious Sam games, when it has you mowing down hordes of enemies. All too often, however, it resembles an uninspired mishmash of old and new. Initially, the game looks like something out of a modern shooter: nearly monochromatic color-scheme, out of control bloom/HDR effects, cramped spaces, and no weapons available except thoseSerious Sam 3 is at its best when it resembles the original Serious Sam games, when it has you mowing down hordes of enemies. All too often, however, it resembles an uninspired mishmash of old and new. Initially, the game looks like something out of a modern shooter: nearly monochromatic color-scheme, out of control bloom/HDR effects, cramped spaces, and no weapons available except those requiring reloading. This portion of the game annoyingly features many hit-scan (or non-projectile) enemies that love to snipe you from afar with ridiculous accuracy (sometimes with a shotgun). The game eventually opens up and begins to feel like the classics it takes inspiration from, but it takes *far* too long and doesn't happen nearly often enough. You spend too much time bumbling around in cramped, pitch-black areas, while being required to kill enemies and flip tiny switches that are hard to see with nothing but a narrow-coned flashlight. Made worse by enemies that love to swipe you and then run off before you can respond. You also commonly end up in areas where you have to run back and forth across the same terrain, collecting keys (or key like objects) before youâ Expand

1. Mar 13, 2012
    This game is the opposite of modern FPS. Enemies attack in hordes and the levels are labyrinths. Serious Sam 3: BFE is a game from 90's made with the tools of the 21st century. [March 2012]
  2. Mar 3, 2012
    Serious Sam 3: BFE is a game worth checking out, especially if you were a fan of old iD Software titles like Doom or Wolfenstein, or the even the Serious Sam series itself. If you're a gamer who's only played modern FPS titles, you'd still do well to see what Serious Sam 3 has to offer. It's more unique nowadays, and it's polished just enough to be an enjoyable experience.
    A worthy descendant of the original Serious Sam titles, it's a FPS that deviates from the standards of today's games: its difficulty level is high, it challenges your reflexes, it's utterly addictive and it's honest, as it delivers on what it promises. [February 2012]