Serious Sam 3: BFE PC

8.2

1. Mar 2, 2017
    A mediocre shooter which lacks the adrenaline feel of Serious Sam 1 and 2. Instead, it tries to be a shooter with a story but it's just too shallow to take seriously. The fights are pretty easy, where the only difficulty is that you can't see the enemies properly in all the grass and destructible garbage with which levels are littered here. Levels are large, filled with cloned objectsA mediocre shooter which lacks the adrenaline feel of Serious Sam 1 and 2. Instead, it tries to be a shooter with a story but it's just too shallow to take seriously. The fights are pretty easy, where the only difficulty is that you can't see the enemies properly in all the grass and destructible garbage with which levels are littered here. Levels are large, filled with cloned objects which start to feel repetitive pretty soon. I dropped this game after 2 hours. It's a shooter and it works, but it's not nearly as fun as the previous versions. Expand
  2. Oct 17, 2016
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BOOOOOOOOOOM :D
  3. Jun 22, 2016
    2/13/2012: There's not a whole lot I can say about Sam 3 except to berate you for not buying it already. Sam was the heir apparent to the throne of FPS Action left vacant by The King for so many years. Even now, Sam's games boast something Duke's (and indeed anybody else's) do not- ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s of enemies on screen at once. If there is but one man that meets the definition of one-man-army, it2/13/2012: There's not a whole lot I can say about Sam 3 except to berate you for not buying it already. Sam was the heir apparent to the throne of FPS Action left vacant by The King for so many years. Even now, Sam's games boast something Duke's (and indeed anybody else's) do not- ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s of enemies on screen at once. If there is but one man that meets the definition of one-man-army, it is "Serious" Sam Stone. On the whole, the Sam games deliver frantic action with lots of enemies, lots of bullets, and lots of one-liners, and BFE is no exception. The game starts off slow, throwing iron sight aiming, sprinting and manual reloading your way, tricking you into thinking you're playing yet another modern-durrfare terrorist-shooting game. But, surprise, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥! Suddenly you've got a rocket launcher that can spit out 50 rockets without ever letting go of the trigger and you're fighting a massive army of butt-ugly aliens like you've never seen before. Welcome back to the glory days, my friends. Expand
  4. Feb 16, 2016
    For those of you who have given up on FPS games, worry not, Serious Sam is here. It is one of very few shooters in general that still has essence. If that's not enough, it even has local coop. I can only hope for a 4th installment.
  5. Nov 24, 2015
    Sam 'Serious' Stone Is Back!

Overall: 70% (97.4/140)

Atmosphere: 7.8/10

Variety in Items: 7.0/10

Cost-Benefit Ratio: 1/4
    System Requirements: 1/1
  6. Oct 15, 2015
    Good game, interesting storyline, pure fun instead of the boring process nowadays called "gameplay", many secrets spread across all the levels, serious firepower, amazing soundtrack, good graphics (particles in the air adds a bunch of atmosphere of ancient Egypt, detailed monsters, tons of!, realistic water and atmospheric effects, featuring properly using of parallax, but very bad lookingGood game, interesting storyline, pure fun instead of the boring process nowadays called "gameplay", many secrets spread across all the levels, serious firepower, amazing soundtrack, good graphics (particles in the air adds a bunch of atmosphere of ancient Egypt, detailed monsters, tons of!, realistic water and atmospheric effects, featuring properly using of parallax, but very bad looking faces, no SSS, but it's negligible over the other pros and fully compensated by the fun of playing this non-stop action) Along constantly repeating giveaways by discount cost it's definitely recommended to buy for everyone loves good old-school shooters Expand
  7. Jun 22, 2015
    Its really bad same crap as 2 both are boring you will never experience the classics that are very fun this is totaly worse than average serious sam can be rather go and play some old school
  8. Jun 17, 2015
    After playing all the Serious Sams and reluctantly finishing the terrible Serious Sam 2, it was great to see that Serious Sam 3 was again more serious than the cartoonyness of SS2.

I enjoyed SS3 mostly, it had a sense of urgency and franticness, and amusing dialiogue from Sam, with hordes of enemies to kill. I liked the improved graphics. Hordes of enemies to kill especially in the

I liked the improved graphics.
    Hordes of enemies to kill especially in the 2nd half of the game you get insane amounts thrown at you.
    Sams Humorous dialogue, which made me laugh or at least amuse me most of the time.
    Like that you can melee enemies and rip out their eyes, hearts and can use them as a weapon against other enemies.

I dislike that it can feel very repetitive and tiresome, especially the last level, it just dragged on and on.
    It's easy to get lost and confused on lvls, I had to replay lvls just so I could beat it in half the time.

Overall I had fun and enjoyed playing this game.
  9. Jun 5, 2015
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a aaaaaaaaaa a
  10. Mar 24, 2015
    This is an incredibly exhilarating FPS where the player has to mow down dozens of enemies at a times, frantically dodging and weaving while simultaneously shooting just to progress through the game. That along with the generally impressive graphics and the exotic mix of middle eastern and rock music makes this game a very fun and memorable experience.
  11. Mar 19, 2015
    Do you like frantic action in a FPS game? Do you like nice environments both epic and pretty? Do you like a nice line-up of very responsive and fun to use weapons?

I would guess, the answer to all of them is yes, correct? And this game's answers is 'yes' to all of them. And it was really fun in the first couple of hours. Maybe even too fun (as the endless enemies thrown at the player

And it was really fun in the first couple of hours. Maybe even too fun (as the endless enemies thrown at the player was a fresh concept for me).
    Can then, somebody explain to me, why this game failed to be engaging really soon?
    My own explanation is - because all of those reasons. Quake had frantic action, but it didn't feel repetitive. Half-life also had epic environments, but they weren't only for background. The weapons, well they are just "meh".

And I would kind want to continue playing, but I know exactly what will happen - I'll go to a big open space and I'll have to shoot the hell out of hundreds of the same enemies that I already know and probably fight an occasional boss. Again, and again, and again... Only if the enemies weren't that much and time-consuming to shoot them all - I would probably want to see all the scenery remaining.
  12. Dec 11, 2014
    Mindless gore fest for quick shots of adrenaline. This is a old school FPS classic! No hiding, no recharging health. Just skill based face to face shooting! As in every Serious Sam game epic last level! Great music too! Recommended!
  13. Nov 13, 2014
    A relentless and incredibly fast paced game, definitely not forth the faint of heart. If you want a challenge and manic gameplay then this is for you. Your index finger will be reaching for that LMB like a hooker that has caught sight of a crack rock. Story is nonexistent but there are some good (bad) one liners. I can't say it's perfect because it does get a tad repetitious after you killA relentless and incredibly fast paced game, definitely not forth the faint of heart. If you want a challenge and manic gameplay then this is for you. Your index finger will be reaching for that LMB like a hooker that has caught sight of a crack rock. Story is nonexistent but there are some good (bad) one liners. I can't say it's perfect because it does get a tad repetitious after you kill your 2000th headless kamikaze. Expand
  14. Nov 1, 2014
    I really enjoy this game, it goes back to the golden age of shooters in terms of game-play which i like, and
    co-operative game-play is a blast, however multiplayer content is lacking with only a few maps and weapon balance is non existent. overall a great game for a great price.
  15. Oct 29, 2014
    Its just mindless first person shooter, serious sam do not pretend to be "tactical" or "real" its just plain shooting experience and its good at it.
    It looks good it sounds good, its quite cheap and have hours of good gameplay, what else to say ---oh yes
    Why have this game only 72 metascore --- Gamekult given 50 points and with "Quotation forthcoming" ...well seems legit
  16. Oct 3, 2014
    Awesome Super !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fasciniting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bloody brutal fun Devastating... I really love games like this
  17. Oct 3, 2014
    I know Its The last game of Serious Sam series. Its The last and best.. In 2011 it reminded me of the old school shooters. But though its An old classic shooter its better than COD MW3 and Battlefield 3. forget Bulletstorm and Duke nukem forever. Crysis 2 and Halo is not for fun . But serious Sam 3 is for pure fun and enjoyment. Great gameplay. Its a funny , fast enjoyable, bloody brutalI know Its The last game of Serious Sam series. Its The last and best.. In 2011 it reminded me of the old school shooters. But though its An old classic shooter its better than COD MW3 and Battlefield 3. forget Bulletstorm and Duke nukem forever. Crysis 2 and Halo is not for fun . But serious Sam 3 is for pure fun and enjoyment. Great gameplay. Its a funny , fast enjoyable, bloody brutal shooter. With a Beautiful graphics and melee attacks This game Excells in 2011. I love it mostly for The multyplayer. Its The only fps shooter that has Split screen. Overall its the best shooter of 2011 . And those people who love classic shooters like doom , duke nukem , He must try this one. Expand
  18. Jul 15, 2014
    If u like bloody, mindless FPS games with tons of weapons against tons of enemies, I highly recommend this title. It offers an adrenaline ride with a lot of pick-ups and secret locations. Also the difficulty modes are pretty good balanced. The story itself is important as the plot in Steven Seagal movies, but the game is not about that. So.. are you ready to get Serious?
  19. May 2, 2014
    Serious Sam for a long time was able to underestimate games like Quake, Duke Nukem or Halo. The fact that BFE runs on a very powerful engine capable of rendering magnificent environment and hundreds (or even thousands) of creepy monsters at a time without major performance loss is where Croteam proves that putting an effort into work creates extremely enjoyable game. The small downside,Serious Sam for a long time was able to underestimate games like Quake, Duke Nukem or Halo. The fact that BFE runs on a very powerful engine capable of rendering magnificent environment and hundreds (or even thousands) of creepy monsters at a time without major performance loss is where Croteam proves that putting an effort into work creates extremely enjoyable game. The small downside, though is rather large amount of small and tight areas but still, it's not a flaw ruining the game (I'm talking to you, Duke Nukem Forever).

The question is - will you like this game? Yes and no. If you are tired of the same on rails structure in more 'realistic' concept and looking for a massive slaughter with non-stop trigger pulling, then this game is for you. If not, then stay and die alongside Call of Duty. I love this game and opinion is all that matters.

Serious Sam. NO COVER. ALL MAN
  20. Feb 9, 2014
    This game is one of the best games I've ever played,I don't really mind the new weapons,there's alot of nostalgia left in this game.
    You got alot of mods for it,even classic Serious Sam weapons(credit to the ones that made it and lots of respect),the old enemies are back,well almost all+some new enemies like the Antaresian Spider and the Khnum.
    This game is a must buy,but if you hate to
    This game is a must buy,but if you hate to face a lot of enemies,well,good luck.
  21. Feb 2, 2014
    The graphics arent that great! the story sucks! and the whole game, really isn't that great!

but, what saves it. is the gameplay! I don't know why? but I like playing this game! its dumb, but very addictive!
  22. Dec 11, 2013
    This is the most repetitive piece of cliché that I've seen in the last 10 years. If you enjoy repetitiveness, killing the same enemies dozens and dozens of times all the same way again and again along with uninspired music that last 20 seconds and that restart playing non-stop, level design that looks like 12 years ago at least, then go for it. You don't expect Serious Sam to be serious,This is the most repetitive piece of cliché that I've seen in the last 10 years. If you enjoy repetitiveness, killing the same enemies dozens and dozens of times all the same way again and again along with uninspired music that last 20 seconds and that restart playing non-stop, level design that looks like 12 years ago at least, then go for it. You don't expect Serious Sam to be serious, but I expected it to be somehow more entertaining than that. If unsure to buy, watch some entire levels (trailers are always misleading for any games) and decide for yourself if it's for you or not. Expand
  23. Dec 7, 2013
    All killing, no gimmicks. The little details like real-time weapon switching (press a button and the gun is immediately there no half or one second delay like many FPSs out there) fast character movement, and straightforward weapons make the sell. None of that fake realism kife to slow you down. Unlike many of the FPSs fads saturating the market SS does not pretend to be anything it is not.
  24. Dec 4, 2013
    If your a fan of the series than go for it, otherwise stay away. They say its an old school shooter and it is. It lacks all the refinement and decency that comes with most modern fps. The game has no map, radar, or objective markers making it often unclear where you are going. The enemies are lacking decent ai and either stumble around like zombies or just make a straight line for you,If your a fan of the series than go for it, otherwise stay away. They say its an old school shooter and it is. It lacks all the refinement and decency that comes with most modern fps. The game has no map, radar, or objective markers making it often unclear where you are going. The enemies are lacking decent ai and either stumble around like zombies or just make a straight line for you, often getting stuck in terrain and objects. Enemy sounds are equally terrible and extremely repetitive. Graphics are a mixed bag as some environments look nice but characters look stiff and awkward and the particle effects for explosions are just messy often making oncoming enemies impossible to see.

Better than Duke Nukem Forever though
  25. Dec 1, 2013
    The goriest and most action packed Serious Sam game yet! Want to rip out eyes, rip out hearts, rip off heads, snap necks, squash, and dismember? Feel free to do so in this game. Serious Sam 3 BFE is a refreshing take on Sam and his seriousness. The best Serious Sam game ever!
  26. Nov 30, 2013
    A piece of absolute barely functioning as a game... it is clear that the creators just wanted money and something that people would buy. THIS GAME ITS BAD... They think that a boss fight is spamming the most retarded enemy in the game... Do not buy it is a bad choice to spend money on this abortion.
  27. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (1/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (1/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (1/2)

Pricing (1/2)

Wildcard (+1)

28. QOO
    Nov 16, 2013
    This is what a shooter is all about. No need for a story, and explosive combat. This is a game about shooting. Thousands of enemies come after you, and you have an arsenal of guns. Blast them all away. This is how all games should be made.
  29. Nov 9, 2013
    Whatever people say, Sam is still as hardcore as he was before. Great music, massive monster annihilation, big maps, big guns, takedowns, black humor and, of course, good, old, epic Sam phrases. GG, Croteam.
  30. Nov 7, 2013
    THE ONLY WAY TO EXPRESS THIS GAME CLEARLY IS TO USE ALL CAPS. THIS GAME IS MEATY, LITERALLY. THERE IS SO MUCH EFFING CARNAGE YOUR EYEBALLS WILL FALL OUT. OPEN MOD SUPPORT, CO-OP, MULTIPLAYER, AND UTTER MEATYNESS MAKES THIS ONE OF THE BEST ADVENTURE/SHOOTERS OF ITS TIME. THIS GAME DID THE SERIES A GREAT JUSTICE. BUY IT. JUST. BUY IT.
  31. Nov 1, 2013
    Exelente juego para los fanáticos de la saga, y con un humor negro del mejor desde el 2005 que esperaba otra serie de SS es un shotter pero sin frenos, muy parecido al painkiller pero con humor y diseños y animaciones caricaturescas, nada de serio tiene el juego jeje, lo recomiendo, buenos graficos y deja a las vgas mas top a veces pobres de fps al jugarlo al máximo sobre todo en Full HDExelente juego para los fanáticos de la saga, y con un humor negro del mejor desde el 2005 que esperaba otra serie de SS es un shotter pero sin frenos, muy parecido al painkiller pero con humor y diseños y animaciones caricaturescas, nada de serio tiene el juego jeje, lo recomiendo, buenos graficos y deja a las vgas mas top a veces pobres de fps al jugarlo al máximo sobre todo en Full HD 1080p hacia arriba, definitivamente 2011 fue el año de SS3 recomendado! Expand
  32. Aug 26, 2013
    Like with all previous Serious Sam games, you should play the full campaign in co-op mode with friends. Only then does it shine. I played split-screen (2 keyboards, 2 mice, 1 PC) with my bro. Compared to previous games, Sam3 may be too serious (Sam1 had the right balance of absurdity and seriousness, Sam2 was not serious enough). There is still the usual witty adolescent humour thoughLike with all previous Serious Sam games, you should play the full campaign in co-op mode with friends. Only then does it shine. I played split-screen (2 keyboards, 2 mice, 1 PC) with my bro. Compared to previous games, Sam3 may be too serious (Sam1 had the right balance of absurdity and seriousness, Sam2 was not serious enough). There is still the usual witty adolescent humour though (lame in a good way). I respect Croteam for still patching the game 2 years after release. Sadly, Sam3 feels a bit shorter than previous games. The end boss fight was too difficult and it was not always clear what you were supposed to do. Worth playing if you have some Co-op buddies. Expand
  33. Aug 24, 2013
    I think this was what Gearbox was aiming for when they made their cruddy Duke Nukem game. This game really is simply FUN. You have to run and gun, cos if you stand still you get hit. And that simple mechanism in itself is liberating. To hell with tactical thinking and perfectionism! Fight! It doesn't hurt that some of the enemies are HILARIOUS! In the first battle there is an amazingI think this was what Gearbox was aiming for when they made their cruddy Duke Nukem game. This game really is simply FUN. You have to run and gun, cos if you stand still you get hit. And that simple mechanism in itself is liberating. To hell with tactical thinking and perfectionism! Fight! It doesn't hurt that some of the enemies are HILARIOUS! In the first battle there is an amazing moment where the SS character mocks the screaming of a suicide bomber and then about 100 avenging suicide bombers all can be heard coming in a huge wave over the hill. The humor in these moments is pitch perfect. Sadly the game doesn't really have the legs to outdo itself and lacks in longetivity, but certainly worth a playthrough or two...

34. Aug 20, 2013
    Holy effecient engine. Great graphics and the game runs smooth as well. There can literally be 100 enemies on screen and I don't even notice a dent in the performance. Now about the that matters...

Guns are fun as hell, enemies are fun as hell. Shooting is fluid and fast and awesome. No health regen? Just the way I like it. This game is basically what Duke Nukem Forever should have been. You can carry all your guns at once, and the focus is definately on killing everything. It's difficulty settings are actually accurate as well. Normal is actually a little challenging, while the harder difficulties warrant bringing a friend in. Mental stands out as well. All enemies are invis? AWESOME!

Buy this game. Encourage the making of games like this.
  35. Aug 1, 2013
    An absolutely fantastic game built on an equally fantastic engine. Fair warning, this is not a cinematic or story driven game. This is a worthy successor to the classic Doom-type shooters of the 90's where the weapons feel powerful and the enemies don't mess around by attacking one at a time. This is a "you vs. a horde" experience. And it's a bloody one. The graphics are downrightAn absolutely fantastic game built on an equally fantastic engine. Fair warning, this is not a cinematic or story driven game. This is a worthy successor to the classic Doom-type shooters of the 90's where the weapons feel powerful and the enemies don't mess around by attacking one at a time. This is a "you vs. a horde" experience. And it's a bloody one. The graphics are downright impressive for such a small developer, and only add to the fun. The game could use a few more cut-scenes or at least some more radio banter between Sam and HQ to help narrate the story, but overall, a highly recommended title. Expand
  36. Jul 27, 2013
    My friend recommended this game to me on steam, it was some 5$. I haven't played the game much, but i have to say, the poor quality drove me away from it. I'm not saying poor quality is bad, i mean look at tetris, the #1 most popular game in the world. It looks to be an interesting game in the future, but compared to all the different videogame stereotypes today, i was expecting a bit more.
  37. Jul 25, 2013
    I've loved Serious Sam series for being fast and reckless. Now the game has become ridiculously realistic, giving you an automatic rifle, which has an ammo clip capable of bringing down an enemy or two. You keep reloading while thirty enemy is running at you at full speed. The game looks great, but when even the enemy's dying animation is scripted, there are absolutely no magical momentsI've loved Serious Sam series for being fast and reckless. Now the game has become ridiculously realistic, giving you an automatic rifle, which has an ammo clip capable of bringing down an enemy or two. You keep reloading while thirty enemy is running at you at full speed. The game looks great, but when even the enemy's dying animation is scripted, there are absolutely no magical moments to enjoy. When you get the true weapons of destruction, the game is already close to the end. Great concept, good graphics, yet it's hardly fun. Expand
  38. Jul 25, 2013
    For as a fan this game is just exactly what i wanted. If u expect classic old school gameplay with tons of enemies and great arsenal of guns this is your game. Graphics are great, variety of enemies is thinner than SS2 but still very large, guns are classic from double shotgun to cannon. Now to the downgrades, level design simply sucks, two of the guns are available only as secrets. GameFor as a fan this game is just exactly what i wanted. If u expect classic old school gameplay with tons of enemies and great arsenal of guns this is your game. Graphics are great, variety of enemies is thinner than SS2 but still very large, guns are classic from double shotgun to cannon. Now to the downgrades, level design simply sucks, two of the guns are available only as secrets. Game is starting very slowly and first few levels feel like its not Serious Sam. Despite theese the game is very good, one of the best in SS series. Expand
  39. Jul 20, 2013
    The classic monster killing Sam is back in a new game, better then ever.
    Good graphics, fun gameplay, and 100`s of monsters rushing you at once!! This is just pure, raw fun.
    Pick it up now!
  40. Jul 18, 2013
    A breath of fresh air in the FPS genre. Just pure carnage from the get-go. Serious Sam 3 knows exactly the type of game it is meant to be and executes the concept to near perfection. You'll slaughter thousands of dangerous (and fairly harmless) monsters and aliens throughout your quest and you'll enjoy almost every minute.

The game looks pretty damn good (nothing special but still,

The game looks pretty damn good (nothing special but still, solid.) and the environments are a bit stale at times. I found the darker interior levels to be a nice remedy to the desert landscapes the series is known for however. All levels work great as far as mixing up different challenging combinations of Mental's minions to throw at Sam.

Worth the price for that last level alone. I've never felt so heroic playing a video game.
  41. AWG
    Jun 22, 2013
    This game starts as a solid 8 and keeps this status through the whole game. Almost. Because the last level is so awesome (dem hoards, dem continuous respawn) that it alone adds a point and makes Serious Sam 3: BFE a solid 9 and one of the most funny FPS in the history of vidya. Then the final boss battles arrives and the game is a 8 again (a jetpack? Iron bars? Really?).
    But a
    But a disappointing finale doesn't change the fact that the rest of the game is pure gold.
  42. Jun 15, 2013
    The game had the potential to surpass Serious Sam 1, yet, I found the main drawback was the poor attempt at a larger map, more secrets and most horribly, puzzles. THIS GAME HAD TOO MUCH WALKING, I DID NOT BUY IT TO WALK FOR 5 HOURS.

PLEASE, developers, if you're reading this, don't make Serious Sam 4 as confusing, I ended up walking for atleast 20 minutes on some occasions in 3. LESS WALKING, MORE ENEMIES AND MERCILESS KILLING. (And more guns, more guns never hurt)
  43. May 31, 2013
    A pretty decent game and one of the best "SHOOT THE OUT OF EVERY ALIEN WHILE LOOKING AWESOME DOING IT". First it has a pretty big campaign(the campaign can be completed in about 6-7 hours but you will mostly find your self stuck in a point for hours so the life span can arouse to about 20 hours according on how good you are at slaughtering aliens). Killing those while saving the worldA pretty decent game and one of the best "SHOOT THE OUT OF EVERY ALIEN WHILE LOOKING AWESOME DOING IT". First it has a pretty big campaign(the campaign can be completed in about 6-7 hours but you will mostly find your self stuck in a point for hours so the life span can arouse to about 20 hours according on how good you are at slaughtering aliens). Killing those while saving the world feels great and all this blood and killing effects just leaves you a sense of joy as you kill countless aliens. Also this game combines excellent music with the shooting effect and MOST importantly Serious Sam's quotes which are clever, BAD-ASS and hilarious. On the other hand the drawbacks are that the game is HARD if you aren't playing co-op you will get stuck a lot and some battles just don t seem to end and you are like NO please NOT another horde of kleers again" But anyway this game is great and deserves a 9! also the co-op is outstanding as you and your partner can cooperate in order to set traps and make up other clever plans in order to overpower the hoards and the multiplayer is running quite smoothly as you won t get almost any lag at all!! I suggest this game to all of you! Expand
  44. May 29, 2013
    SS3 won me over. (The First and Second Encounters were good to me ten years ago. I enjoyed the HD remakes recently, since it was years since I played the originals.) SS3 is preferable to the first games. I liked that it was all much the same as before. However, I loved that it rarely locked you in a small arena to deal with it. The alien models are better as you'll see in a review withSS3 won me over. (The First and Second Encounters were good to me ten years ago. I enjoyed the HD remakes recently, since it was years since I played the originals.) SS3 is preferable to the first games. I liked that it was all much the same as before. However, I loved that it rarely locked you in a small arena to deal with it. The alien models are better as you'll see in a review with screenshots. There's the guns and the time to deal with them.

My only slight criticisms are these: The secrets are sometimes hard to find. Without secrets guides, I might not have found many. By level five a couple of music riffs had become repetitive, and weren't pleasant to start with. (I'm thinking those descending four notes on the wind instrument played to destruction.) The set design used up to level five had got slightly tiresome, because you had to search over many backstreets. (I got lost in level four.) Not enough sniper rifle action. I had to search online to work out how to defeat the final big guy, (but check Netrisca first). These were only niggling faults.

Other than that, have a ball. SS3 delivers all kinds of fun. Sometimes you have to pick your way through hundreds of easy kills. Sometimes your faced by wave of very agressive foes; followed by another wave, with plenty of ammo. (It was never too tough though, and I think it was easier to manage than ever before.) Kleer were quicker and leapt further. One particular kleer I remember, although it was only A.I., seriously had it in for me badly. Those smaller rocketeer enemies would literally blast the set apart to get at you. (All by accident because they were shooting in your direction as you took cover, but it felt real. They kept on shooting.)

There are levels in that game, where I think back, and will love to play again. It's new style allows tactical play, and you can pick you ememies off whilst revelling in the whole experience. The cameraderie adds to it. The set design can be gorgeous. Some of the levels take you away somewhere.

[My favourite line: "Sh*t: space monkeys.]
  45. May 18, 2013
    SS3 came as a surprise to me. I never played any of the previous games in the series and this one was quite fun. It's a fast paced FPS where you slaughter hordes of aliens in your bid to save the planet. The story is paper thin and not particularly interesting, but it does enough to give you reason to go from level to level. The combat is fluid and very entertaining. The graphics areSS3 came as a surprise to me. I never played any of the previous games in the series and this one was quite fun. It's a fast paced FPS where you slaughter hordes of aliens in your bid to save the planet. The story is paper thin and not particularly interesting, but it does enough to give you reason to go from level to level. The combat is fluid and very entertaining. The graphics are pretty average and the voice acting sounds are average as well. If you enjoy mindless shooting then you'll probably enjoy SS3. It also has campaign co-op and versus multiplayer modes for those of you that enjoy that kind of stuff. Expand
  46. Apr 25, 2013
    Given that 2011 was a pretty big year for games, Serious Sam 3 was different to all the other shooters released in that year because it's so old school. It's not trying to be modern or adopt conventions, rather bringing back a game which plays somewhat like Doom and almost identically to a game called Will Rock. Only gain health and ammo from glowing pickups, no cutscenes to interrupt theGiven that 2011 was a pretty big year for games, Serious Sam 3 was different to all the other shooters released in that year because it's so old school. It's not trying to be modern or adopt conventions, rather bringing back a game which plays somewhat like Doom and almost identically to a game called Will Rock. Only gain health and ammo from glowing pickups, no cutscenes to interrupt the flow mid-level and minimal use of aiming down sights. And almost no story or much attention to make levels feel meaningful. And absolutely no attempt at realism. In Serious Sam 3, you get to fight a variety of enemies which are distinctly recognisable and because they come in unbelievably large volumes, and you can sprint ridiculously fast, the game achieves the most fundamental objective of an FPS: to make the action fast-paced and intense. The melee is satisfying, you get unlimited pistol ammo and the game mechanics are very solid. Controls are simple and satisfying. Simple things like changing the way your crosshair looks and disabling headbob and even the ability to switch seamlessly between first and third person view whilst in-game with the press of a button are all great additions. The environments are purposely out of proportion to give you room, so that's why the game allows you to have field of view of up to 120 degrees although one disadvantage of everything being so wide is that it's easy to get lost. Yet despite all the old-school gameplay and premise, Serious Sam 3 has great graphics (especially the lighting and blood effects), smooth framerate, minimal texture pop-in and a distinct style, because it uses Serious Engine 3 (and not something generic like Unreal Engine 3). You can also play both the survival modes and campaign in co-op locally with a friend, which almost no other PC shooters do. That said, old school shooters don't work very well with controller. All in all though, Serious Sam 3 is a pleasant change from the more complex modern shooter. It takes everything back to basics yet still delivers an exciting FPS experience. My main complaint is that it's not really gripping because there's nothing which makes you want to continue playing. Of course, games like this naturally get repetitive since they're so minimalistic in their content. To get an idea of what this game is, think of Battlefield 3 as a whole and imagine the exact opposite. Then you get Serious Sam 3. Two very different games, two very different motives. If you hate modern shooters, you'll love this game. If you're a console gamer, you'll hate this. Expand
  47. Mar 6, 2013
    Serious Sam 3: BFE is an awesome game. Personally, this is my favourite game of the last years.
    Now, let's get into the review. Serious Sam 3 brings out FPS arena mechanics (such as fast gameplay and a lot of weapons) and tactic FPS mechanics (such as aiming and reload) and merges them into a fully and solid gameplay. In fact, this way allows the game to be liked by any FPS player (although 85% of the gameplay is arena-style). The single-player features a lot of enemies and very hard/adrenaline moments, all mixed with extremely cool metal music and appropriate environmental music themes. Finally, this is the game that features a solid plot, although not so deep, but which still contains some twists and, of course, Serious Sam's "epic" dialogues. The game is moddable and people can make extra contents such as extra missions and maps, multiplayer included. By the way, the multiplayer is just like the SS:HD remakes, which is cool. This makes the longevity very good. Graphically, the game is very good. The maps are very well structured and detailed, and there are a lot of excellent particles effects (for example, when you make dust, you see shadows which get filtered by it). Even the performance is good, infact, this is the only game that allowed me to play good graphics with full stable 30+ FPS. This is probably the only very good game that came out these years, I'm very happy with it. Technique (Avg{Graphics, performance}): 6+ (6.25); GamePlay: 7- (6.75); Plot: 6; Longevity: 6½ (6.5); Audio: 7. Avg: 6½. Bonus "innovative gameplay" (+0.5 (=7)). Rank: 7. Super!
  48. Feb 28, 2013
    Okay, Croteam, kickass game, but I`d really like you to consider my feedback:

First of all, I really loved Serious Sam 2. I loved the comic style, it fit the overall humor, the exaggerated weapons, dumb characters, pop culture references and even a voiced NETRICSA. But that wasn`t what I missed most about BFE. What really sucks is Egypt. It`s either sun or tombs, palms or ruins,
    Okay, Croteam, kickass game, but I`d really like you to consider my feedback:

What really sucks is Egypt. It`s either sun or tombs, palms or ruins, sometimes a deserted city. The environment felt just dead. It wasn`t fun to shoot it to bits because it was dead anyways.

There you did a hell of a job in SS 2: We had NPCs running around, beautiful jungles, medieval castles and towns, an asian carnival and palace, army bases, lava worlds and wonderful futuristic cities.
    In BFE we had a dead Egypt.

I know SS 2 got criticized a lot, but it still remains my all time favorite because of it`s diversity and how alive it felt. You really grew to like the Sirian council and the different inhabitants. The soundtrack was awesome and Sam`s speech on Kronor still gives me the chills.

So please don`t scrap everything you did in SS2, because a lot of it rocked. Don`t be afraid of a little Story, because that doesn`t mean you can`t mow down a ton of enemies in the same game. For SS 4 I`d love to see Sam planet hopping chasing mental, through beautiful, interesting and funny environments and interacting with people. Don`t let the hardcore fans pin you down to making the same game over and over again, because that`s what you`ve been doing since Serious Sam HD. I bet you had tons of talks about the reload mechanism in BFE because it felt like a huge change, but hands down, it`s nothing.

So please, make the fourth one a lively one again :)
    But even if you won`t, I`d still buy it so you can make a fifth one.

A Serious Sam 2 Fan
  49. Feb 28, 2013
    Croteam is one of those developers who still knows how to make a fast-placed, old-school and totally funny shooter. I'm very excited by the Serious Sam 3: BFE, 'cause it brings back old good memories of playing games, where you just need to relax and shoot motherf*cking enemies! Especially I'm glad that Croats listened to their fans and cooperate with band Undercode again, 'cause withCroteam is one of those developers who still knows how to make a fast-placed, old-school and totally funny shooter. I'm very excited by the Serious Sam 3: BFE, 'cause it brings back old good memories of playing games, where you just need to relax and shoot motherf*cking enemies! Especially I'm glad that Croats listened to their fans and cooperate with band Undercode again, 'cause with their music Sam is Serious in a full power of this word. Thanks for this awesome game, Croteam, I missed you, guys, and I'm glad you back! Expand
  50. Feb 18, 2013
    Sometimes this game suffers with repetitive gameplay, in special on these maps where most of enemies have machineguns and you need to use cover often, and Deathmatch is not really fun. But the beautiful graphics, highly detailed scenarios, the epic music score, and the senseless violence, and the perfect coop mechanics are not affected by it. I think this is one of the best games of thisSometimes this game suffers with repetitive gameplay, in special on these maps where most of enemies have machineguns and you need to use cover often, and Deathmatch is not really fun. But the beautiful graphics, highly detailed scenarios, the epic music score, and the senseless violence, and the perfect coop mechanics are not affected by it. I think this is one of the best games of this generation. Expand
  51. Jan 7, 2013
    This game has gorgeous graphics and physics. Im astonished, im playing in a Lenovo Y460p and I play with no hiccups. Im just amazed. About game play, if you played the first Sams you are gonna love this one, is like the old stuff with gorgeous graphics lol. Have fun!!
  52. Jan 5, 2013
    Había jugado el SS: HD The First Encounter y me había parecido "bien". Pero SS 3 trae un aire fresco lleno de aación. Los gráficos son estupendos, las armas se ven muy bien, gran cantidad de enemigos. La historia es simple pero baaa a quien le importa solo ponte a disparar o aplastar. Para el género hardcore shooter es increible.
  53. Jan 2, 2013
    Serious sam 3 offers some great gameplay moments, but after a while I have to wonder why I am playing such a sadistic game. Take some of the enemies for example: the flying helicopter thing that can be a pain to hit and the teleporting witch that moves your aim around when you have to hit it. Overall the game is good, especially for the price,but some of the moments are unbearingly hard,Serious sam 3 offers some great gameplay moments, but after a while I have to wonder why I am playing such a sadistic game. Take some of the enemies for example: the flying helicopter thing that can be a pain to hit and the teleporting witch that moves your aim around when you have to hit it. Overall the game is good, especially for the price,but some of the moments are unbearingly hard, and some are basically a walk in a park. On an unrelated subject, Sam's comments seem now seriously overdone , and quickly become dull and boring. I can't help remembering in previous SS games the badly sampled "now that's what I'm talking about" just as you got some real weapon, but in SS3 Sam always talks. And the impression he gives is not good. I mean, really, why would I ever want to imagine myself being such a shovinistic idiot as Sam is trying to be? "Ugh I am gonna destroy this, 'cause I am a moron" No, Thank You. Expand
  54. Dec 27, 2012
    I just can't believe how can such a game be ruined like that. First of all, I'll start with the graphics. I really like them! That's something that made me really want to play this game. I was with the thought "Imagine the old SS, but with such amazing graphics, would be insane". But no, that's the only good thing about the game. The old SS were fun, with great variety of levels amount andI just can't believe how can such a game be ruined like that. First of all, I'll start with the graphics. I really like them! That's something that made me really want to play this game. I was with the thought "Imagine the old SS, but with such amazing graphics, would be insane". But no, that's the only good thing about the game. The old SS were fun, with great variety of levels amount and design. The new game is just pathetic. It starts for a short time at a city, has a bit of cave levels and ends in the desert. Before you had jungles, Egypt levels, you had puzzles, you had secret levels with islands and so on. This game is just TOO SHORT and boring. It reminds you a bit of the old one, it has better graphics, but the gameplay can be compared to 40% of the old one's. It has great potential, but bad investment. It feels like the developers didn't put enough time/effort on it (or mainly on the level + enemy AI). To be honest, the first time I was playing this game, the moment where I got really excited was at the last level! AT THE END! I remember my thoughts "Ah, they put a jetpack, this game is gonna get really interesting and a bit different", I finally started to enjoy it. And then, for my disappointment I realized that I was playing the last level. Yes if you want to complete the levels at 100% it will take you some time(some levels around an hour), but the levels are FEW. It is even possible to run through the levels, kill 60% of the monsters and finish the game. Maybe it is just me, but I am hugely disappointed. I expected much more, and I am really happy that I did not buy the game at full price. In my opinion, if you get it, definitely buy it with a promotion. No wonder steam is giving 85% discount for it at the winter sales! I really hope they will put more effort in SS4 if there is such, because the game really has potential, but is not a complete product. Expand
  55. Dec 6, 2012
    This isn't Serious Sam. To call a Sam game repetitive would seem redundant, but I can find no better word to describe the cause of the boredom and frustration I felt in trying to complete this game.

Taunting you for hours, initially, with gameplay necessitating the use of cover while reloading low-power modern military weapons and fighting firearm-wielding humanoids mixed up with 'endless spider crab things', it finally opens up to real large-scale setpiece runs against hordes of foes, but forgets any of the lessons of pacing and most of the depth and fun inherent to enemy behaviour in the original games.

Eventually you come to fight hordes so large it feels more like a gruelling job of endlessly mopping the same floor in a club toilet as wave after wave of drunkards arrive to vomit across the tiles. You will spend hours simply 'wiping' massive groups of identical enemies with sustained fire, the pattern of projectile dodging repeating ad nauseum until you're subconsciously going through the motions unharmed. To counteract this most of the larger enemies and many smaller examples can do catastrophic, ridiculous amounts of damage to Sam, and one mistake can send you back to your last quicksave. If you play above Normal difficulty there will be so very many of these.

Animations are dreadful, enemies are a mixture of poorly recreated old and illogical new, most foes follow the precise same AI routines and the level design is complicated yet utterly boring. Dialogue is unbearable and has none of the deranged snappiness of the classic games, focusing instead on crude, peurile humour and military grunt cliches. There's also far too much of it, in cutscenes instead of voiceover.

A very bland copy of the original information database makes a return in painfully 'console' form, with no controls, no text scrolling, and a very slow wait for any information on the subjects in question.

In the end the only thing I liked about it was the way Gnaar's heads explode when you unload a coach gun into their optic orbit.

Painful. I'm going to buy the HD classics on Steam now to cleanse myself of this travesty. I don't know what happened to Croteam to lead them to lose the soul of Sam so completely, and attempt a poor copy years later.
  56. Oct 28, 2012
    The good: Great graphics, enormous maps, hordes of enemies

The good: Great graphics, enormous maps, hordes of enemies

The bad: Very inconsistent game play. Some areas border on impossible, while the bulk is too easy. The tragic: Jewel of the Nile DLC - 2nd map has a spot where C4 is to be used. Just does not work, after using the C4 the spot it is supposed to stick to remains on screen, just floating in mid-air. 3rd map requires insanely tedious jumping. This destroys any flow in the game and is very frustrating. Overall: if you are OK with most of the game going by quickly and needing to spend 70% of your time trying to get past 5% of the game, then buy it. If you are looking for consistent game play, look elsewhere.
  57. Sep 23, 2012
    ............ awesome ......... i think no one can see the best shooting game than it ever before ............ __ :) ..... :)
    .............. :)
  58. Sep 18, 2012
    Serious Sam 3 :BFE is a no-nonsense old school FPS that sadly have all but gone extinct. You aren't thrown into a bad story driven fps and given spurts of action, you are dropped into a mockingly bad story and getting the sink and every other object that isn't nailed down thrown at you. Much like the first Sam games you are asked to face an army of aliens that not only are very nasty butSerious Sam 3 :BFE is a no-nonsense old school FPS that sadly have all but gone extinct. You aren't thrown into a bad story driven fps and given spurts of action, you are dropped into a mockingly bad story and getting the sink and every other object that isn't nailed down thrown at you. Much like the first Sam games you are asked to face an army of aliens that not only are very nasty but come at you in numbers so great at times that you can't help but think "Thats gotta be it" and then another huge wave appears. It's a simple yet effective and highly entertaining approach that makes Sam games such a treat compared to the psuedo-realist approach of many modern FPS's. -- Sam 3 also breaks the current trend of fps's in that it gives you a very lengthy single player campaign. When you finish Sam 3 you will in no way feel like you got half a game, in fact Sam 3's single player is probably 2-3 times bigger then "modern" shooters and a truley epic experience towards the end. -- Sam 3 has a very nice look but doesn't quite have jaw dropping visuals, you get a little bit of a cookie cutter feel after playing through the campaign which still while looking good tends to repeat a bit too much. It does however have one of if not the most robust graphic options menus I have ever seen on any PC game ever, everything from changing blood color to "hippie" to advanced stuff like parallax occlusion, so tweaking settings to get the visual quality and performance are only limited by your understanding of the options. -- Sam 3 also has one of the most badass soundtracks around. Pure adrenaline inducing and just awesome how it picks up when you are in the middle of a heavy firefight or fighting a boss. -- Sam 3 also sports a very strong co-op mode which allows you to play through the entire campaign with a total of 16 players. It sports a survival mode that sends wave after wave of enemies while you try to beat yours or others best times. Finally to round out the multiplayer it has a traditional deathmatch mode. -- All in all Serious Sam 3:BFE is a just a great throwback PC-centric FPS that could make most of the modern FPS's it's **** Expand
  59. Aug 8, 2012
    A spiced-up oldschool shooter with tons of stuff to kill. What's not to like?
  60. Aug 6, 2012
    It ain't the most complicated and nuanced game ever created that's for sure. Nevertheless you can sum up Serious Sam III in one word. FUN. Many games can be clever, engrossing and have amazing attention to detail but they aren't exactly fun. Sam on the other hand, delivers fun by the bucketload! Play it.
  61. Jul 19, 2012
    I'm a Sam fan, but I can say without any no bias, that Serious Sam 3 is THEEE most successful and fun shoot them up FPS (TPS) I had played in ages. This is definitly something old school shooter fans should look up to. Dropping those generic hide and poke "strategical" shooter games that had been swarming the market for years, the return of Serious Sam sure brings fresh air to the currentI'm a Sam fan, but I can say without any no bias, that Serious Sam 3 is THEEE most successful and fun shoot them up FPS (TPS) I had played in ages. This is definitly something old school shooter fans should look up to. Dropping those generic hide and poke "strategical" shooter games that had been swarming the market for years, the return of Serious Sam sure brings fresh air to the current gamming society. Facing millions of enemies and pwn them with full pack of uniquely designed heavy weapons that are capable of massive destruction, the action contained in SS3 top all other FPS games plus together. The higher difficulty in this game not only make this game more challenging, also more fun -- diffferent characteristics of the enemies, different properties of the guns, and the strategies to deal with different scenarios are all exploited in the higher difficulties, resulting the ultimate gameplay experience and pleasure. The graphics in this game is purely amazing, the textures and art style completely portray the sceneries at their most impressive state, and of course, great heavy metal music goes with great battles, pure awesomness. Expand
  62. Jul 19, 2012
    You cannot go wrong with this game. It provides endless hours of non stop gut exploding action. Although sometimes you wish the enemies just stopped coming at you, the game is still amazing. Its Serious Sam for Christ sake. Sam stone can kick duke nukem's ass.
  63. Jul 16, 2012
    This game is a refreshing break from the scripted linear narrow corridor modern FPSes. The levels are huge and labyrinthic; the monsters plentiful and varied -- each with a weakness towards a specific weapon, allowing you to strategically swap weapons for the most optimal attack.

The game options are in-depth, especially the graphics options. This is most definitely not a lame console-port as is common with today's big-publisher rushed copypasta. Definitely worth getting in the Steam Summer Sale! Grab this if you haven't yet. This game is not for newbies who want a rails shooter to hand-hold them throughout, which is what the official critics seem to need.
  64. Jul 11, 2012
    Oh Sam, where did you go so wrong? This game is suffering from a serious identity crisis. Serious Sam has always been (and is supposed to be) about fighting off monstrous waves of enemies, and being slaughtered should you let your guard down for a second. THIS game, however, is more about throwing 2 or 3 enemies at you at a time, as some sort of patience test. Fighting seemingly endlessOh Sam, where did you go so wrong? This game is suffering from a serious identity crisis. Serious Sam has always been (and is supposed to be) about fighting off monstrous waves of enemies, and being slaughtered should you let your guard down for a second. THIS game, however, is more about throwing 2 or 3 enemies at you at a time, as some sort of patience test. Fighting seemingly endless spurts of baddies for 15 minutes is incredibly boring, and unbelievably frustrating. I even turned the difficulty up, but the only things that seemed different at all were the humongous fights, which were borderline-impossible. ************************ The guns are utterly uninspiring, as we have seen every single one of them in every single other Serious Sam game, with the exception of the mostly useless "leash" thing. Sam has a new melee attack that will kill any enemy roughly Sam's size or smaller in one hit, from as far away as 10 feet, which is incredibly lame. What's the danger in letting an enemy get close when you can instantaneously one-hit-kill them? ************************ Sound design in this game is HORRENDOUS. Don't get me wrong, the sound effects are what I expected, and when the metal music gets pumping during hectic fights, it can be addicting. However, when you are facing the little tiny groups of 2 enemies at a time, the music will switch from laid-back to frantic over and over and over and over and over. Also, when enemies make noises, they will sound like they're right next to you, even if they're literally 200 feet away. I guess it makes sense though, since shotgun enemies will be able to tag you from literally the other side of the level. ********************************* Level design is good, and the graphics are pretty awesome. The DX11 tessellation in particular was noticeable. The only complaint I have is that character animation is absolutely horrible. Watching any character speak reminded me of 2003-era games. ************************** It seems like every first person shooter to come out in the past decade has had an incredibly annoying last level. This game takes the cake, though. In fact, this game runs in its nephew's birthday party naked, screaming profanities, slaps the cake right out of everyone's hands, and sets the house on fire. I have never EVER seen a more annoying last level. It is so horrendously, hideously, mind-blowingly repetitive and annoying, that I seriously had to FORCE myself to fire it back up and finish it. I now wish I hadn't, since the boss fight is an even more ridiculous chore. First thing I did after finishing the game is pound the escape key to get back to the menu, exit the game, and click "delete." Didn't even watch the ending cinematic. *********************************** This game is a LOT of fun in multiplayer, and there are a few moments in single player that were actually "fun," but they were few and far between, and I spent most of the gameplay time annoyed. As someone who has played and beaten ALL of the other Serious Sam games (both regular and HD versions, as well as Random Encounter and DD), I cannot recommend this game to anyone, unless it is expressly for multiplayer. This is the video game equivalent of that cheerleader you knew in college: Gorgeous to look at and seems like a blast, but in reality she's frustrating as hell, and all you want is out. Expand
  65. Jun 29, 2012
    Wasnt impressed with it, played all the previous versions and loved them, but eventually i just end up cheating and running the maps lol.. graphics are outstanding! All in all its a decent game but obviously others love it more than me :)
  66. Jun 19, 2012
    This game is awesome, and there are many reasons. The game takes what worked in the previous 2 games, amplified, fixed and in addition added different situations and "bit" more emphasis on the "adventure" part. Translation: we even get a bit of plot! First of all, the weapons: there are many and, unlike what I saw in the previous games, now most of the weapons are actually very different:This game is awesome, and there are many reasons. The game takes what worked in the previous 2 games, amplified, fixed and in addition added different situations and "bit" more emphasis on the "adventure" part. Translation: we even get a bit of plot! First of all, the weapons: there are many and, unlike what I saw in the previous games, now most of the weapons are actually very different: the best example to me was the rifle (with 40 rounds magazine) and the minigun (no recharging), since they were basically the same thing before (they even used the same ammunition), but now they have different ammunitions and just work differently. Even the melee weapons (the sledge hammer) is a good tactical weapon now! So in this regard, the weapons are extremely good, varied, and add more tactical situations. Next is the gameplay, which I was surprised: I noticed many type of situations and not just linear levels like the previous ones. Yes, it's still linear, but I liked how they tried to change the areas by adding few details (like avoiding chainguns, collecting items, and escaping from a "flying" enemy. And yes, there were similar zones in the previous games too, but in here I found it more varied. Again. Third point, is the enemies: Wow, I liked how many are kinda fresh (like the Khnum), and how can you kill some of them: you can kill them in many ways and, strangely, other tactics will actually work! Seeing Kleers coming? Grab the hammer and smack their bones! The rocketeer is wasting tons of your rockets? Weaken him and grab his head! Those bulls are giving you a hard time? Use the mutilator and cut their heads off! Those giants red mechs are so annoying...attach a C4 on their body and goodbye problems! While in the predecessors the killing was basically the same, with rare exceptions, in here any tactic can almost work! That's, again, variation! With all of this said, I have mainly 3 big flaws on this game that, unfortunately, it's present from the previous games too: the gameplay is varied, yes, but the levels aren't: the theme is the same. FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. I understand this game is connected to egypt (I bet it's because of the plot, but I never followed the entire plot of the series), but I really couldn't stand how the levels were basically on the same setting: pyramids, egyptian ruins, egyptian streets, ruins of egyptians civilisation...It's probably unfair, yes, but I'd loved more variation on the setting, instead of the same egyptian theme. Also, even though I mentioned a plot, I...kinda didn't get it properly and so...my guess is that the plot is barely noticeable? Still it's good though, since the other games almost had no story...I think? And for the third flaw, the online is barely good. I don't care much about online gaming if the single player is fun (which it is), but I barely find people playing online and that's sad because it's always a good way to spend some time, eventually. With that said, this game is still awesome: to me this is how new generation shooters should be: fun to play, varied, with some weird and ironic dialogues and have a good combination of old and new school fps. In other words, this is how a FPS should change! Expand
  67. Jun 10, 2012
    Simply One of the best games I have ever played.
  68. Jun 5, 2012
    Played it all the way through, but really it was a grind. Dull, boring, none of the glee and fun that the first two in the series brought us. The method of killing the final boss was ridiculous, and every other boss was dull and boring. The level design was also fairly uninspired.
  69. May 17, 2012
    I actually feel somewhat guilty for purchasing this game on sale for $10. Had I know it was this good, I would have gladly paid the $40 retail price when the game released. If you are on the fence about buying this, just do it, it's awesome. It is on sale for $10 at Amazon as of this writing.
  70. May 7, 2012
    This is if not the top FPS of 2011, it's at least the top 5. There are many new great changes and most of the great ideas from the first 2 encounters are still implemented. I played through the game on Hard and loved it from beginning to end. In a Brain dead Shoot em up FPS there is nothing more you can ask for. Any fps or Sam lover must pick this game immediately if you dot already haveThis is if not the top FPS of 2011, it's at least the top 5. There are many new great changes and most of the great ideas from the first 2 encounters are still implemented. I played through the game on Hard and loved it from beginning to end. In a Brain dead Shoot em up FPS there is nothing more you can ask for. Any fps or Sam lover must pick this game immediately if you dot already have it, i bought it for 50 but they have it on sales and steam had it for 15 dollars... 15!!!!!! F'N Dollars for such an amazing game, please go and do yourself a favor and pick up this fansamtastic game. There is so much i can say about this game like the game is made for newbies and pros alike, easy to pick up, gorgeous graphics, tons of awesome enemies and weapons, SERIOUS QUOTES, and so much more. Really... what else can you ask for.... not many games like this come out anymore and this is definitely a game worth having in your collection. This game is also mod-able so the more people that play the more mods we can make and make the game ever more fun. This game runs on any PC ranging from 300$ to 10,000$ and will still look good on all low graphics. Plenty of Single Player and Multilayer to take many hours away from your life. Please stop playing awful games COD and expand your horizons. Thank you. That is all. Expand
  71. May 4, 2012
    $19.95 from Steam sale..
    $29.00 for a G5 mouse that was violently slammed down an broken..
    $20.00 for Xanax prescription..
    Beating Serious Sam 3 on unmodified Serious difficulty..PRICELESS !
  72. May 3, 2012
    I posted a negative review earlier saying that I didnt like this game which I take back, Serious Sam 3 BFE was loads of good fun after I played it more, I just preferred The First Encounter and the Second Encounter alot better.
  73. Apr 29, 2012
    Sam 3 just made me realize how sucky modern shooters really are. It takes the best part of a shooter (THE CRAZY, RANDOM ACTION) and stuffs its levels with it. Not perfect (still gonna give it a ten because I want to see more Sam), but much more fun than 'shoot, sit behind cover, shoot, move to next fight, repeat'.
  74. Apr 29, 2012
    Excellent game for old fps fan. This game plays similar to the old SS only better. Great bosses, great gameplay, sound.

The graphics are very good. This is a very nice engine croteam has built and this has the most graphics configuration options I've ever seen. It's nice because this game was designed for PC, not the other way around. I've read the previous reviews and I've come to

I've read the previous reviews and I've come to the conclusion they just suck, lol. Granted the first 3-4 levels are relatively slow and weapons are limited. Honestly though if your decent at old-school fps normal is really not that difficult. Serious difficulty can be rage inducing.

Needless to say this is a SOLID fps. Very well made. Online is fun too but there's not many people on it.
  75. Apr 29, 2012
    Awesome.... absolutely enjoyable game! It has been a long time since I didn't laugh so much on quotes and situations. Graphically the game is very good, and the music is excellent!
    I really reccomend this game to every fan of FPS - and if you like - as me - coop this game is marvellous :-)
  76. Apr 27, 2012
    this game's absolutely by far the best in the SS series but to me the graphics are very demanding even though i have a gaming PC but this is what we've been missing in 2011 an old school shooter. well done Croteam!
  77. Apr 26, 2012
    Incredible game, amazing good ol' classic FPS gameplay with a small modern twist that in my opinion when I saw the trailers I thought it would ruin the game but no, it only adds to the game a lot.
    The graphics are one of the best I saw in quite a while, seriously, just run this game on max settings, looks **** amazing!
    The game has so many throw backs to the classic Serious Sam games
    The game has so many throw backs to the classic Serious Sam games (First and Second Encounter) like secrets, one-liners and much more that just made me so happy.
    The game is so awesome I swear I.. just... SQUEE.
    If you are a fan of the classic Serious Sam games GET THIS GAME, if you love classic FPSs like Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, Blood, Shadow Warrior, etc, GET THIS GAME, if you are a fan of modern FPSs GET THIS GAME I just recommend this to EVERYONE! It's one of the best games to come out in years, I haven't been this excited in a long time.
  78. Apr 21, 2012
    72/100? Seriously? This is the best FPS I have played since, well ... Serious Sam: The second encounter. That would mean it's the best shooter I have played since 2002!

If you only give the game 1-2 hours of your time, you would be forgiven for thinking it's just another CoD clone; a military helicopter crashes and Sam spends most of his time running through ruined cities and dark corridors killing mostly humanoid enemies and spiders. In fact, it isn't until right at the end of the fifth level, where a boss fight takes place in a wide open area, that things truly get going (note: the first levels are CONSIDERABLY shorter than the latter ones so that, although this is level 5 out of 12, I'd say it's about 1/5 or 1/4 of the way through the game)

By the time you're around level 7/8, you'll realise that you really are playing a Serious Sam game again. The hordes are massive, the environments expansive, and the gameplay mental, fast and fun. Sure, the dialogue is stupid, Sam's quips sound like you've heard them many times already, and the story is, well, nonexistant. But who cares? The game is massive fun, cutscenes are rare and short and, if this is important to you, the game looks truly GORGEOUS if you have the power to max out the settings.

As one would expect from a Serious Sam game, the controls are tight, enemy attacks are plentiful but dodgeable, and (at least on higher difficulties) requires some serious ammo and health management - this is NOT a dumb, pure reflex shooter.

So I urge you, if you judged this game based on the first few hours, give it another go and at least play until you reach the pyramid. It may not be up there with First/Second Encounter, but it's close, and it's about time we get a shooter without regenerating health, a two-weapon limit and useless AI partners that completely ruin the experience. This is just you, on your own, against hordes of the most mental enemies ever seen. It's been a long time since a game has put such a big grin on my face.
  79. Feb 24, 2012
    Everything you expect from Serious Sam. The new engine is amazing and performs excellently. With over 45 graphics settings, you can tweak the visuals to suit your system specs without sacrificing too much on quality. New weapons like C4 bricks are loads of fun. I read some people complaining that you have to reload certain weapons and you can aim down the sights on a few guns as well.Everything you expect from Serious Sam. The new engine is amazing and performs excellently. With over 45 graphics settings, you can tweak the visuals to suit your system specs without sacrificing too much on quality. New weapons like C4 bricks are loads of fun. I read some people complaining that you have to reload certain weapons and you can aim down the sights on a few guns as well. Really? It may sound weird to be able to do these things in a Serious Sam game, but CroTeam made it work. Melee synch kills add a new dimension to combat and are not a "press E to win" feature. They simply provide a new way to play should you choose to use them. Entering synch kills leaves you vulnerable, so you cannot spam them and expect to do well. The first few levels of the game are insultingly easy to any Serious Sam fan and feel more like something out of Call of Duty. Once you get past these nauseating moments, the game really picks up and remains true to the franchise. Multiplayer co-op is a blast, but the high player count can cause some systems performance issues. The high player count also makes the difficulty unpleasantly inconsistent. This game is reasonably priced, doesn't have any ridiculous DLC, is loads of fun, and hearkens back to a time when FPS games were about intense action instead of following an NPC and watching it play the game for you. The weapons are well balanced as are the enemies and their vast variety. If you've never played a Serious Sam game before, this is a great place to start since it is a prequel to the previous games. If you're a returning fan, don't let the first few levels turn you off to what is a genuinely enjoyable game. Expand
  80. Feb 23, 2012
    AMAZING GAME!! Is not better than Second Encounter and First Encounter, but is a great game! The Offline is the best in the series, action and fun! My vote is 10
  81. Feb 19, 2012
    Best serious sam in the serie, I still wish it was longer and a lil bit harder. Otherwise it's a lot of fun. It should be priced lower also so that there can be more people playing it.
  82. Feb 16, 2012
    Serious Sam 3:BFE is about one thing:Killing aliens. Its amazing to just start up the game and blast everything in sight without cutscenes every 5 minutes (Metal Gear Solid i'm looking at you). I played and beat the single-player mode, ready to play co-op with my friends, and then I look at the survival maps. Two. Maps. I understand that this game isn't as high budget as most AAA shooters,Serious Sam 3:BFE is about one thing:Killing aliens. Its amazing to just start up the game and blast everything in sight without cutscenes every 5 minutes (Metal Gear Solid i'm looking at you). I played and beat the single-player mode, ready to play co-op with my friends, and then I look at the survival maps. Two. Maps. I understand that this game isn't as high budget as most AAA shooters, but really? The point is, buy this game for the single player. You will have tons of fun. But do NOT expect it to compare to the likes of Gears of War or Halo. Expand
  83. Feb 12, 2012
    I almost cried blood when i ended this game, seriously.

FOR ME, it's the best ending i could ask for. It took me by surprise as it is the ending i spect in all hollywood movies. Now i unexpectedly got it in my favourite game...what a combo! This is the perfect game from all times, it is the most brutal and it is the funniest SS of the whole series. Believe it or not, Serious Sam finally
    I almost cried blood when i ended this game, seriously.

Believe it or not, Serious Sam finally got a story. This game is what i was waiting for years.
    Meelee executions in Serious Sam? Greatly accomplished and goes well with the game.
    The missions are well introduced along with the weapons and enemies, you'll discover a lot of new things while you move on.
    Most achievements are quiet easy to unlock but there are some that require you to take more time.
    You'll love the remake of old enemies and you'll also get to know new ones.

I loved the work behind the game: All the music is superb as usual, the light and shadows techniques are from another dimension, cool shaders, cool physics, magnificient graphics...the overall game engine is PERFECT and the best of all is that it has been highly optimized to run on all modern/modest computers.

Thanks Croteam for this piece of art work. I'm a programmer and the Serious Engine is my favourite one since the 1.0 version and i like very much what you've accomplished with it so far. I'm also a big fan of the SS game as many others here. SS3 is what we all wanted for breakfast.

I no longer say "shotgun" when getting into my friend's car. I now say DEVASTATOR!
  84. Feb 11, 2012
    Serious Sam 3 is at its best when it resembles the original Serious Sam games, when it has you mowing down hordes of enemies. All too often, however, it resembles an uninspired mishmash of old and new. Initially, the game looks like something out of a modern shooter: nearly monochromatic color-scheme, out of control bloom/HDR effects, cramped spaces, and no weapons available except thoseSerious Sam 3 is at its best when it resembles the original Serious Sam games, when it has you mowing down hordes of enemies. All too often, however, it resembles an uninspired mishmash of old and new. Initially, the game looks like something out of a modern shooter: nearly monochromatic color-scheme, out of control bloom/HDR effects, cramped spaces, and no weapons available except those requiring reloading. This portion of the game annoyingly features many hit-scan (or non-projectile) enemies that love to snipe you from afar with ridiculous accuracy (sometimes with a shotgun). The game eventually opens up and begins to feel like the classics it takes inspiration from, but it takes *far* too long and doesn't happen nearly often enough. You spend too much time bumbling around in cramped, pitch-black areas, while being required to kill enemies and flip tiny switches that are hard to see with nothing but a narrow-coned flashlight. Made worse by enemies that love to swipe you and then run off before you can respond. You also commonly end up in areas where you have to run back and forth across the same terrain, collecting keys (or key like objects) before youâ Expand
  85. Jan 31, 2012
    The Best Sam game to date.There is only one thing i do not like very much.It takes time for the game to change into real Serious Sam game and transformation takes couple of hours.First couple of hours, it resembles everything except Sam game. You shoot less than in previous games, you need to get to cover and it is close to modern shooters.When i saw first level, i told my self, that thisThe Best Sam game to date.There is only one thing i do not like very much.It takes time for the game to change into real Serious Sam game and transformation takes couple of hours.First couple of hours, it resembles everything except Sam game. You shoot less than in previous games, you need to get to cover and it is close to modern shooters.When i saw first level, i told my self, that this resembles me canceled croteams modern combat game, they announced couple years ago. They took architecture i guess from that other game i guess and used it in this one. Or maybe, they made decision of producing two games in the more or less same area and share architecture to save the costs.Anyway give that game a try, after couple of hours it is really amazing!Graphics is the best i have ever seen later on in the game, lightning is most realistic ever. in an ancient part of town game looks great!!!!Weapons are the best from all of Sam games.So i give 8.Without first couple of hours, it would be 9 or 10!!!!Go for it!!!! Expand
  86. Jan 23, 2012
    An excellent game that uses diverse and deadly enemies and excellent weapons to make its hordes both a genuine challenge to survive and immense fun to kill
  87. Jan 17, 2012
    A perfect case for why critics are stupid and completely miss the point when it comes to some games. Are most of these critics young people or are too old? Or do they not remember playing Serious Sam? Are they even aware of the numerous complaints about the problem with modern shooters these days (although I love Battlefield 3 and plenty of other shooters these days)? If a game that soA perfect case for why critics are stupid and completely miss the point when it comes to some games. Are most of these critics young people or are too old? Or do they not remember playing Serious Sam? Are they even aware of the numerous complaints about the problem with modern shooters these days (although I love Battlefield 3 and plenty of other shooters these days)? If a game that so much RESEMBLES a classic shooter comes out, they have to make up problems to nitpick in their silly reviews. Now, let's talk about the game, as I am not reviewing the REVIEWERS here. Serious Sam 3 is... a completely awesome game with lush graphics, jaw dropping moments, and seriously awesome seriously serious battles. It paces itself just right too, giving you room to breathe right before a huge battle pops up suddenly! This game in a nutshell is all of our classic gaming sensibilities done just right for the modern market! Reloading helps to give combat more intensity, and forces you to switch weapons on the fly. Health powerups like medkits are often scarce, opting for an abundance of +1 health stimpacks instead. Better gore helps to make each fight seriously more seriously fun than ever before. Seriously seriously!! Okay enough with the "seriously" jokes. The only major problem is, once again, a lack of real optimization for PC despite what Croteam says. The game's performance is VERY erratic for many gamers, with little or no explanation for why it runs poorly by the developers themselves. They say it runs "well" for them, but they don't understand that not all of us have fancy processors or PCs. Silly Croteam. RAGE and Battlefield 3 look better but run very well for me, which says a lot about Serious Sam 3 in terms of the performance. However, that's the only real issue I have. Other minor complaints are somewhat repetitive area designs, reused sound effects clearly from the glory days of classic Serious Sam, and incrediblly hard to find secret areas. Everything else, however, is perfectly fine and worth every penny in your pocket! Now go play Serious Sam 3, and gib some baddies! Expand
  88. Jan 17, 2012
    I bought it in sale during Steam sales at reduced price and loving every piece of it.
    - Graphics are very good and I also must raise the proper support for eyefinity - good job guys!
    - performance is decent - running it medium/high @ 6048x1080 (eyefinity) with following setup: AMD x6 3,3GHz, 8GB RAM, 2x AMD 6850 1GB. I can imagine in could be optimized a little bit more, but it's more than sufficient (let's say 8/10).
    - Sounds are awesome - guns sound just right and music is really epic.
    - Gameplay is very smooth, movement feels very PC like (no console conversion crap) aimimg is also very good

Half point down for some passages with turrets (not really a spoiler) and the other half point for no demo and copy protection so customer can't do try before buy.
  89. Jan 11, 2012
    BFE is a masterwork; a monumental piece of video gaming that is far better than I, as a long-time fan expected, and deserved. Croteam have gone to absurd lengths over the last six years to meticulously research everything that should and should not be included in order to maintain the series' draws, but also to keep it progressing and evolving. The game, while being an immensely enjoyableBFE is a masterwork; a monumental piece of video gaming that is far better than I, as a long-time fan expected, and deserved. Croteam have gone to absurd lengths over the last six years to meticulously research everything that should and should not be included in order to maintain the series' draws, but also to keep it progressing and evolving. The game, while being an immensely enjoyable 15+ hour kill-fest, also works to subvert the norms of the first-person shooter genre. It laments the state of FPS, asking how it became to be about storyline, scripted events and underdeveloped RPG elements -- and does this by providing nothing but fast-paced, gory action. It is more retrospectively old-school than even the other games in the series, and comes with gameplay (nay, *gunplay*) unmatched by any video game currently on the market. Add to this a stunning graphics engine, and you have the best game of 2011. Perhaps the public simply isn't ready for such a bold step in video gaming? No matter; I was ready for one, and I got it. Expand
  90. Jan 10, 2012
    I think this game was good but its like they slapped HD and change to 3.But anyway,this game was brutally fun.The graphics are better than SSHD series and the multiplayer is extremely fun to play.
  91. Jan 6, 2012
    This is back to basics gaming at its best. I think the developers have kept it simple and similar to the previous outings which I also own.
    Pretty amazing graphics and textures enhance the gameplay as well.
    Definitely one of my best game purchases. I'm 16 hours in and haven't even tried out the co-op and multi-player yet as am enjoying the single player game so much
  92. Jan 5, 2012
    Great game old school but in a good way get it ****
  93. Jan 4, 2012
    Wacky looking aliens. corny lines. weak story (as expected). good but incredibly repetitive action. Endless hordes. You can think what you want but to me its utterly average.
  94. Jan 3, 2012
    I bought about 30 games during the steam sale and this one was the best one by far. None of this storyline or e-z mode crap to deal with. The opposite of a game like RAGE which trolls you for the first 10 mins, in this game you will probably have killed at least 50 enemies by the 10 min mark. FTW - seriously
  95. Jan 3, 2012
    THE GAME IS AWESOME !
    Its like the old Serious Sam series with big maps good graphics and a lot of enemies that will kill you a lot !
    This is the only game who remain classic ! and now its the only clasic game with awesome graphics ! Its a hell of the game i have buy it on the prise of 14 euro and it was worth it! U can play it with a lot of ur friends online and have an awesome time (all
    THE GAME IS AWESOME !
    U can play it with a lot of ur friends online and have an awesome time (all of you not )
    its a fully action game the enemies doesnt spawn behind you or everywhere on the map they have a special place something other games doesnt do in the same type and make the game stupid!
    Serious Sam is a hell of a good game with serious enemies and serious players!
    LETS GET SERIOUS!
  96. Jan 2, 2012
    Yes, it's Serious Sam, the way it used to be before the atrocity that is SS2 was released. Be careful when reading user reviews of the game, because it DOES take a long time to get going - and most people complaining about the game seem to have stopped after an hour or two.

If you can stomach the first few levels, the game does pick up quite quickly. By the time you leave the war-ravaged city setting and reach the pyramid, it's back to what you expect - giant, open areas where wave after wave of monsters come at you, interspersed with occasional dark and slightly creepy tunnels and tombs.

And my God, is it refreshing to play a shooter that lets you quicksave anytime, doesn't have checkpoints, has healthpacks and armor instead of regenerating health, and lets you carry all your guns at the same time.

I am only deducting a point because of the incredibly boring first few hours, and the lack of silliness that was present in the first two games - no giggling health pills that run away from you, no kamikaze bush, and no 'secret bloodbath' where picking up a health +1 triggers some giant robots surrounding you in a tiny courtyard. The gameplay, though, is 100% there.
  97. Jan 2, 2012
    Simply outstanding. This is the first game in 2011 that really amazed me! DO NOT listen to low-minded kids complaining about "no facial animations", "characters have sunglasses" .. and so on. I played this game and i cannot stop. Gameplay is pure adrenaline, graphic is good weapons are SERIUOS as always, environment is cool ! There is some physics .. an who cares the rest ? THIS IS SERIUOSSimply outstanding. This is the first game in 2011 that really amazed me! DO NOT listen to low-minded kids complaining about "no facial animations", "characters have sunglasses" .. and so on. I played this game and i cannot stop. Gameplay is pure adrenaline, graphic is good weapons are SERIUOS as always, environment is cool ! There is some physics .. an who cares the rest ? THIS IS SERIUOS SAM !!! Tons of monsters, Tons of lead and TNT .... Tons of explosions .... no damn cover and shoot! JUST Run , Jump , Aim and Shoot then switch weapon and shoot, that is it the perfect OLD STYLED FPS .. and i say what and fps should be: PURE ADRENALINE!!!! This game will rock everything!! Prepare to fight huge monsters, ships, prepare to destroy everything you "ENCOUNTER" :D I would vote this game as the game of the year , CROTEAM teached a lesson that goes by the title "WE KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT!!!" Whoever complains about this game is a low minded children, you wont need experience ponta, or to power up equipment . I won need to bother in farming points to have better stats.... THERE ARE NO STATS !!! THERE ARE NO SKILLS - PERKS OR whatever ... A simple pure hardcore game!! Try out a skeleton jump with the hammer blooooood violeeence!!!!!! As it says .. NO COVER ALL MAN !!! This is serious !!! Expand
  98. Jan 1, 2012
    Good old Serious Sam gameplay, with impressive graphics! Expect hordes of enemies and loads of co-op fun. For a real challenge, play on Serious Difficulty.
  99. Dec 31, 2011
    I've played this game for about 16 hours now and it's awesome. Like many others have said the first 3 levels are boring and slow but sh!@ starts to get serious from level 4 and onward. This game has anything you could want from a shooter, lengthy fun singleplayer, surprisingly fun multiplayer, 4 play splitscreen support, and online and offline co-op. It gives you so many graphic optionsI've played this game for about 16 hours now and it's awesome. Like many others have said the first 3 levels are boring and slow but sh!@ starts to get serious from level 4 and onward. This game has anything you could want from a shooter, lengthy fun singleplayer, surprisingly fun multiplayer, 4 play splitscreen support, and online and offline co-op. It gives you so many graphic options and overall it could look better but it still looks good compared to many console ports. Only things i haven't liked about this game is it has a somewhat weak storyline and at times its frustrating trying to find the key or the way out. But overall i think anyone who likes frantic shooters needs to get this game Expand
  100. Nov 22, 2011
    Pure awesomeness. No need for anything else. It is one of the coolest and action pumped games of the year! If you are thinking 'should I buy it' the answer is 'HELL YEAH!'.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 13, 2012
    This game is the opposite of modern FPS. Enemies attack in hordes and the levels are labyrinths. Serious Sam 3: BFE is a game from 90's made with the tools of the 21st century. [March 2012]
  2. Mar 3, 2012
    Serious Sam 3: BFE is a game worth checking out, especially if you were a fan of old iD Software titles like Doom or Wolfenstein, or the even the Serious Sam series itself. If you're a gamer who's only played modern FPS titles, you'd still do well to see what Serious Sam 3 has to offer. It's more unique nowadays, and it's polished just enough to be an enjoyable experience.
  3. PC Master (Greece)
    Mar 1, 2012
    A worthy descendant of the original Serious Sam titles, it's a FPS that deviates from the standards of today's games: its difficulty level is high, it challenges your reflexes, it's utterly addictive and it's honest, as it delivers on what it promises. [February 2012]