Serious Sam Double D PC

7.5

1. Oct 9, 2011
    Serious Sam Double D is a bloody mess! Exactly how i like it :). This small game is full packed with guns, ridiculous enemies...and that's it. Simply Serious Sam in 2d side-scroller. Too bad there are no multiplayer option (classic coop for two players). Overall - it's a good cheap game not only for Serious Sam fans.
  2. Jan 10, 2012
    This game is good in principle, the truth is too boring.
  3. May 31, 2013
    I would give it around 65/100. Well, it is a little too obnoxious, but the humor is ok it gets to you after a while. The game is fun playing a decent side-scroller, and the ability to stack weapons into a massive fire-power-tool is pretty nice. However, it gets too hard too fast (i mean it's a 2D shooter you really need to balance such games in order for them to be enjoyable).I would give it around 65/100. Well, it is a little too obnoxious, but the humor is ok it gets to you after a while. The game is fun playing a decent side-scroller, and the ability to stack weapons into a massive fire-power-tool is pretty nice. However, it gets too hard too fast (i mean it's a 2D shooter you really need to balance such games in order for them to be enjoyable). Also, not a lot on the innovation side: developers, it does not take a lot of time and resources to include a level-up system for the main character, and it pays off when the final product comes out. Why not make Sam level up add speed, damage to the weapons, jump-height, add a small store at the end of each level to buy some new gear? Why not? With these features i would play the game much longer than 1.5 hours! Expand
  4. Nov 6, 2013
    There's nothing particularly good or bad about Double D. It offers crazy 2D shooter carnage while bringing absolutely nothing new to the plate. It's great if you're looking for a throwback to the old days. But if you're looking for something new and fresh, you'd best look elsewhere.
  5. Jan 3, 2013
    Contra clone with a "Serious Sam" skin. The gunstacker leads to really creative loadouts and I liked being able to keep presets of stacks on hotkeys. Tons of secrets and multiple paths through large levels make this one of the best contra clones I've played. However, lacking in multiplayer (what side scroller shooter doesn't have multiplayer?) is a huge letdown for me and leaves this gameContra clone with a "Serious Sam" skin. The gunstacker leads to really creative loadouts and I liked being able to keep presets of stacks on hotkeys. Tons of secrets and multiple paths through large levels make this one of the best contra clones I've played. However, lacking in multiplayer (what side scroller shooter doesn't have multiplayer?) is a huge letdown for me and leaves this game being just OK. Expand

1. Nov 10, 2011
    Play this game and you will experience Sam like 2D-Duke Nukem on LSD.
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    While Double D's one-tone puerility won't appeal to everyone, the game does offer a refreshingly in-your-face scale of violence that will endear it to long-term Serious Sam fans. If you fancy a 2D action fix to help you wile away the hours until Serious Sam 3 arrives, then look no further.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 30, 2011
    Creative and (at some moments) funny side-scrolling action loses points in presentation and unfortunately in not-so-accurate controls. [Oct 2011]