6.5

1. Feb 18, 2013
    After Playing Serious Sam TRE for 20 minutes I must say that I love this game. It´s a must have for anybody!! I got it for less than 1 buck but its more worth than many games I payed 8 or 15 bucks .
    The game is funny timeless. But serious its Sam and not of the cheapest style
  2. Oct 28, 2011
    This game reminds me of old final fantasy and this game is funny.this game is one big joke for serious sam.bosses are really bad for everyone.the game is also a good old-fashioned way and rpg players enjoy this game
  3. Jan 1, 2012
    Pretty original title, defiantly deserves a higher rating than it got. Five bucks isn't alot, and I think that most of the reviewers did not take that into account, unless their annual salary makes them think five bucks a big deal.
  4. Mar 17, 2012
    I find the game really fun and amusing and a steal for it's price. The turn base isn't exactly what you would expect but I like the system anyways it's good for keeping players on their toes.
  5. Apr 28, 2012
    Omg, what the heck is this? That was basically my first thought playing this game. But, that said, the game captures the Serious Sam spirit quite perfectly. Too perfectly , really, because it can be quite hard in the end. Original elements, random enemies, 8 bit retro look, it really is a wonder this got only such a low score, knowing how some reviews are made. Perhaps the colors were notOmg, what the heck is this? That was basically my first thought playing this game. But, that said, the game captures the Serious Sam spirit quite perfectly. Too perfectly , really, because it can be quite hard in the end. Original elements, random enemies, 8 bit retro look, it really is a wonder this got only such a low score, knowing how some reviews are made. Perhaps the colors were not bright enough, or maybe this is not a natural progression to the latest ukulele themed colorful block puzzle. Ok this is not the greatest game ever made, but if you ever find that game for $5 please let me know. I believe my expectations were met considering the price, and in that context this gets a good review considering the original bits and retro look, and the original 8 bit arcade music - oh, wait... Expand

Interesting retro action with a satirical touch is damaged by rapidly emerging stereotypical playability. [March 2012]
  2. Dec 7, 2011
    While the game itself isn't bad so to speak, it does get repetitive kind of quickly. It's an interesting concept, and I am a huge fan of 16-bit games, especially RPGs, but the short length of the game and the repetitiveness of the battles is kind of a let down for me.
  3. Nov 17, 2011
    The Random Encounter makes for a short game, but an extremely enjoyable one, the two-hour campaign providing you with plenty of hectic victories and glorious defeats. It also leaves you with an Endless Mode, some lovely pixelated memories, and that warm feeling that only comes from seeing something very new built from ideas that are very, very old.