SimCity Societies PC

4.2

1. Jun 25, 2011
    this game is a bummer compared to the earlier sim cities. i had some fun playing this game and got bored with my second city. i dont like anything particularly about this game but i dont really hate anything either so it is just sot of boring. i wish the could have gone back to their basics.
    Nov 16, 2007
    How this game managed to get 72 on user score and 66 on metascore? It's among the worst "Sim" games out there. It's basically a sandbox style game, where you build a city by hand-picking everything, buildings, etc. There are no concepts such as land value or infrastructure, maintenance cost, or anything. So it all boils down to building a city just to watch it, since the game at How this game managed to get 72 on user score and 66 on metascore? It's among the worst "Sim" games out there. It's basically a sandbox style game, where you build a city by hand-picking everything, buildings, etc. There are no concepts such as land value or infrastructure, maintenance cost, or anything. So it all boils down to building a city just to watch it, since the game at least has somewhat pretty graphics. Expand
  3. Alex
    Sep 5, 2009
    They should have called this city tycoon, because this is not what I remember in the previous titles of simcity. I hope Maxis gets back in the business and creates a real simcity 5. If you don't look at it as a simcity game, it might be fun for a while. The graphics are nice, and they did spend a while on the special Sim features. Other than that, this isn't worth your time orThey should have called this city tycoon, because this is not what I remember in the previous titles of simcity. I hope Maxis gets back in the business and creates a real simcity 5. If you don't look at it as a simcity game, it might be fun for a while. The graphics are nice, and they did spend a while on the special Sim features. Other than that, this isn't worth your time or money. However, If you must get it, get the simcity box. At least you can enjoy SC4 with it. Expand
  4. BobbyH.
    Nov 27, 2007
    First, it's important to note that this is not, nor was ever intended to be, SimCity 5. This more like the TV show "Joey" compared to "Friends", with Friends being SimCity 4. It's more of a spin-off than a sequel, and the SimCity name is more for branding, which is sad because it really tarnishes the name. The game itself is not too great; it's dumbed down and made for the First, it's important to note that this is not, nor was ever intended to be, SimCity 5. This more like the TV show "Joey" compared to "Friends", with Friends being SimCity 4. It's more of a spin-off than a sequel, and the SimCity name is more for branding, which is sad because it really tarnishes the name. The game itself is not too great; it's dumbed down and made for the The Sims crowd. An okay idea, but poorly implemented. If you've never played SimCity before (any of them, original-4), then you can maybe pick this up and enjoy it, if you're not looking for realism or more complex city building. SimCity 5 will essentially be Monte Cristo's "Cities Unlimited", so if you get SCS and you're disappointed, look forward to CU. Expand
  5. ThomasN.
    Dec 25, 2007
    *sigh* next time i see a game, Tilted Mill has developed, i run away as fast as i can. every single game i have played from them, is ugly, buggy, and impossible to play without constantly using the manual. and thats not what i want to do after a hard day. The game is quite fun, yes, but that stops, when you inspect the game closely, most textures are ugly, 2d or very simple, as well as *sigh* next time i see a game, Tilted Mill has developed, i run away as fast as i can. every single game i have played from them, is ugly, buggy, and impossible to play without constantly using the manual. and thats not what i want to do after a hard day. The game is quite fun, yes, but that stops, when you inspect the game closely, most textures are ugly, 2d or very simple, as well as the inhabitants of your city are ugly and rigid, if they dont decide to "stay at work" unable to get out. This game also stinks of EA, and their money-milking franchise. If you lot mess up spore like that, by creating another crappy game covered in makeup, then il hope every gamer in the whole world boycots EA Where is Will Wright in this? Expand
  6. Mar 9, 2013
    Compared to SimCity 4 Deluxe, SimCity Societies is a very lackluster addition to the SimCity series. It offers a lot more options building-wise, but I prefer the way SimCity 4 Deluxe was formatted. I felt that it was somewhat annoying to have to build buildings one-by-one rather than making zones. Overall, it is a very meh game compared to SimCity 4 Deluxe.
  7. Sep 1, 2013
    Well what can I say it's... okay. I bought this for REALLY cheap and started playing it. It's pretty easy. Well then my computer was having problems and i needed to reload it. After that I forgot about the game and started to do other things on my computer. Though, I lost the code and I cannot re install.
  8. Nov 23, 2013
    For a spin-off game, it's actually OK. It has some interesting ideas like creating a Sociality-Base cities and Free-Roam game mode. The graphics and music are good. My biggest complain is that the game is quite boring after some time.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    The newest Sim City differs quite a lot from its predecessors. It concentrates more on the social atmosphere than being a realistic city simulator. Social energies is a fresh idea which works nicely although they’ve simplified the administrative side of the game maybe a little too much. SC: Societies is a nice way to waste time, but you’ll get bored with it at some point because the game starts to repeat itself. [Nov 2007]
  2. Societies doesn't stumble just because "it isn't SimCity". Fresh takes on old concepts should always be welcome. It stumbles because it's a generally unsatisfying patchwork of a game, dragged down by inconsistent gameplay, outdated design and weirdly implemented ideas.
    Despite its few slipups, the core of Societies is strong enough -- and the gameplay addictive enough -- that even the stodgiest traditionalist will find something to shout about.