SimCopter PC

• Publisher: Maxis
  • Release Date: Oct 31, 1996
7.5

1. Dec 28, 2016
    It was a psychedelic experience :D I dont know what to say, seriously I played it for so long I still dont know why. The graphics were crude, dynamics were almost none, you did missions but you didnt know why, yet it was still fun.
  2. Feb 24, 2016
    This is another game I played for hours as a kid. For its time, moving around a big map in a vehicle was something new and exciting. Landing and keeping up with assignments as they build up are the two biggest challenges in the game, and the difficulty is good enough for people of varying skill levels. Higher levels get to be quite a challenge as you try to balance completing a gazillionThis is another game I played for hours as a kid. For its time, moving around a big map in a vehicle was something new and exciting. Landing and keeping up with assignments as they build up are the two biggest challenges in the game, and the difficulty is good enough for people of varying skill levels. Higher levels get to be quite a challenge as you try to balance completing a gazillion missions that are all ongoing and eating away at your points meter, which is how you advanced to the next level. Having real historical helicopter models adds some depth. Although it's highly compressed to today's standards, the sound track is pretty groovy with some memorable tunes.
    It gets a bit confusing when you have a helicopter that has more seating slots than are visible on the screen. Also, the people have a kinda weird half sprite, half 3-D style that makes their bodies look disconnected. The graphics are a bit glitchy in terms of loading; sometimes the game will freeze up for a second or two, which is really disconcerting when you're trying to not run into tall buildings.

Cool fact: this was the first game where Simlish (the gibberish glossolalia made famous in The Sims series) appeared.
  3. Mar 26, 2014
    Before the GTA series happened, this gem allowed you to fly through a virtual city like a boss. Nowadays it probably looks and plays like count crapula, but to me it'll always be epic & revolutionary.
  4. Feb 2, 2014
    It's gud
    ......................................................................................................................................................................................................
  5. Mar 26, 2014

There are no critic reviews yet.