8.3

1. Mar 25, 2014
    You can play Cupid! 10/10 .
  2. Mar 25, 2014
    Been playing smite since November 2012. It has grown into a wonderful Moba. Smite is a 3rd person moba using mostly skillshots. The community is less toxic than other mobas, but it is still a moba community with it's downsides and negativity so be prepared for that. Graphics are beautiful, combat is smooth, animations look wonderful! The one downside to this game at the moment is the matchmaking could still use some improvement other than that it is worth playing for sure! 9/10 Expand
  3. Mar 25, 2014
    Smite has proved its worthy, especially to the management, they listen to the community! as well! as Improve their version of the game more and more, they may have major setbacks but they manage to pick it up quickly!
    There are 50+ Gods! to choose, Its very fast PACED
    and most important VOICE COMMANDS!! Yes voice commands! No more typing misses, clicking!
    Humorous Voice Packs, and of
    course Premium Skins that will never disappoint

Smite is a very innovative game and i would recommend it to anyone whose looking for a new spin of MOBA
  4. Mar 25, 2014
    i decided to try smite out after being a pretty diehard lol and dota player and well i havent played lol or dota in about a year because of smite. the pace of the game is much faster which makes things like the boring laning phase that is in most mobas become less of an issue. the 3rd person fps look is super familiar and easy to get into the graphics are great and the multiple game modes are what really stole me awat from lol and dota. that all being said its not perfect like most mobas the community can be quite toxic though thats not really smites fault what is smite fault and is really my only issue in the year ive been playing.....matchmaking could be a bit better Expand
  5. Mar 25, 2014
    This game is so much fun. It's also the reason I've been going
    to sleep late =__=

Awesome variety of Gods to choose from. Multiple game modes. Love the third person perspective!
  6. Mar 25, 2014
    This is a fresh and interesting perspective on the traditional MOBA genre. Here are some of the highlights about SMITE: -3rd person view gameplay -lots of tough skill shots -easy to learn, TOUGH to master -Great community (most people have been very friendly, a few trolls and idiots but thats always happens) -GREAT dev team and community managers -Consistent game updates
    -Beautiful graphics for a multiplayer game
    -In depth itemization during games
    -Over 50 gods and counting
    -THE BEST VALUE OF ALMOST ANY MULTIPLAYER GAME. You can buy the ultimate god pack (all previous AND future gods for 30 dollars!)

Gametypes:
    There are many competitive and FUN game types so if you don't want to always try and compete at your best ability, you can play some of the more "chill" game types.

There is room for improvement, especially with matchmaking (sometimes teams aren't very even). But, these small problems aside, I haven't had this much fun playing a multiplayer game in years! Good job Hi-rez!
  7. Mar 25, 2014
    I am not a MOBA person (didn't enjoy League of Legends or DotA 2), but I have loved this game ever since I started playing it in closed beta nearly 2 years ago. The third-person behind view makes it much more familiar to those who play lots of shooters and action games, such as myself. It's been awesome to watch the game itself grow in terms of available characters, visuals, and gameplay balance, but more importantly the player base has grown too. The Smite community is one of the best I've ever seen, and has kept me interested even after encounters with some nasty players. In just about every way, this is a fantastic game. Expand
  8. Mar 25, 2014
    A fantastic addition to the MOBA genre. By giving a new view it changes the gameplay completely. However the game does have a few flaws in its matchmaking but it is rare they come up
  9. Mar 25, 2014
    From the beginning I really loved this game. As I played more and more I started to hate it more actually. 3 days in I was level 12 maybe? I bought the ultimate god pack. When I reached level 22 I stopped playing completely and switched to Dawngate.

As for the actual game it is very beautiful. They did a great job graphically and gameplay wise. The real issue was the community and the
    servers were not all that great either.The game itself just feels stale. The community itself on the reddit side is great. In game your lucky if you keep a game 5v5 for the whole thing. Most likely someone will leave or surrender. When the games playing well it is a great game. For the majority of the time it is a less then enjoyable experience. Expand
  10. Mar 26, 2014
    The game is just too good, the 3rd person vision in a MOBA is just epic, also u play with gods! odin, thor, zeus, ra... Competitive scene, fan art, twitchapp in the game. Hirez well done VER.

So much fun this game.
  11. Mar 25, 2014
    My beginning with MOBAs was LoL. I played it for a very long time but then i found Smite. Smite has so many advantages in comparison with other MOBAs like LoL.
    First at all the whole game is faster! That's the best point why i love to play it. Furthermore Smite has he third person game-play and all skills and auto-attacks are skill shots.
    Smite got more maps and game mods then the other
    MOBAs at that time and so u have a great variety to play.
    At the last point i want to say that the Smite community is so great. There are so few flamers, haters and leavers. Particularly in comparison with the other MOBAs at this time.

Everyone should tried it at least once. ;)
  12. Mar 25, 2014
    Smite is a mix of a FPS with a MOBA. Its fast paced and fun.

Playing as a god is cool.
    Killing other gods is cool.
    Playing in 3rd person is cool.

I've been playing this game for 18 months in beta and still play it as much now as I did then. Awesome game.
  13. Mar 25, 2014
    I played DotA for years growing up, then played League of Legends for a couple years, and a little bit of DotA 2. As soon as I played SMITE, I couldn't go back! It's such a fresh perspective on a MOBA gametype and the room for skill differential is insane! Awesome different game-modes when you want to play less-serious, awesome dev team and community. SMITE is something any PC gamer should check out! Expand
  14. Mar 25, 2014
    What a privilege it was to be part of this great BETA by Hi-Rez Studios. I am very excited for SMITE's future in the ever expanding MOBA Genre. The Mythology, lore, gameplay and artistic design of the game are definitely a few of its many strong points.

The good:
    -3D MOBA makes for an unique and innovative gameplay experience.
    -More than 50 playable gods to choose from at launch!

-Great artistic design of characters and environment.
    -Mythology and lore of the different pantheons
    -Conquest game mode that should be familiar to MOBA players.
    -Hi-Rez Studios actively involved with the community via Twitch streaming, live Patch notes and weekend tournaments!
    -Newb friendly with plenty practicing options and tutorial videos.
    -uhmm oh yeah, IT'S FREE TO PLAY.

The not so good:
    -Balance issues with gods (Will probably be ironed out in the weeks to come)
    -Lots of games have either an AFK player or leaver, this is probably due to an ineffective reporting/ "tribunal" system.

Conclusion: As an ex League of Legends and DOTA player, the idea of a 3D MOBA really hooked me. Playing any other MOBA after SMITE now feels really slow paced (and boring) to me in comparison. I would highly recommend this game to all my friend and anyone that enjoys competitive gaming.
  15. Mar 25, 2014
    Been playing since early closed beta, and this game has come a long way. The god pack is an amazing deal(all gods and all future gods for $30). The 3D perspective is a nice change from the usual top-down MOBA. If you enjoy the moba scene, SMITE is a great game to try out!
  16. Mar 25, 2014
    Smite has greatly represented itself as an amazing new fresh take on the MOBA genre. Hi-Rez Studios, the company developing the game takes time to listen to the active community and makes decision based on feed from the majority of the community's say; not only that, but, they consistently release patches and new content. In terms of development Smite's come a long way from the old side jungle map. Hi-Rez continues to improve the game and keep on reaching that next level of impossibly awesome! Expand
  17. Mar 25, 2014
    A DOTA fnatic, I just started playing this game, and I'm hooked ever since. One of the best MOBA if not the best.

- FREE TO PLAY
    - 3rd person fast paced, action packed.
    - 49+ Gods/Champions/Heroes.
    - Great in-game depth.
    - Community is friendly, accepting and forgiving..
    - Good communication between community and developers.

10/10 would recommend.
  18. Mar 25, 2014
    I came to smite from lol after a friend of mine suggested the game. there was no looking back. I have not played lol at all during the past 5 months, which have all gone grinding masteries in smite.

Excellent game, 10/10. Don't start if you don't want to lose all of your free time!
  19. Mar 25, 2014
    After playing over 2000 games of Smite and mastering 49 different playable gods, I can honestly say that Smite has what it takes to make it on my top 10 list of games across all platforms.

Controls: Every ability and attack in Smite is an instrument to be played to the limits of its musician. Smite's control scheme is intuitive, consistent and fluid. Playing games with similar controls
    will leave you with hunger pangs for the satisfying clicks and casts of Smite.

Visuals: Hirez Studios has balanced fantasy and realism like the two edges of a finely-honed blade. Every god is visually distinct from another, and the animations carry a sense of weight that speaks to the competency of their artist. Watching a match from a few feet away is just plain eye-candy

Sound: If you play for a week and don't find yourself repeating some of the taunts or catchphrases, you have my permission to write me an angry letter in all caps.

Replay Value: Smite will leave you feeling satisfied, yet you'll always come back for more.
  20. Mar 26, 2014
    I've played Smite since closed beta in Summer 2012 and I liked the gameplay already back then. But Smite has changed and improved so much over the last year. I've never seen any other game develop at such a rapid speed and only get better with each update. The team behind Smite cares for this game as much as the player does.
    The crazy thing is, that the game still feels refreshing and
    exciting to me. And that's coming from a guy who has played it for almost 2 years now. I never thought I'd get so hooked on a MOBA. But I did!
    Smite's gameplay is action-packed, engaging and most importantly just really fun. The art direction and theme on the game is also great - nothing beats playing gods and godesses of the ancient time.
  21. Mar 27, 2014
    Greatest MOBA out there, no doubt about that. You can play as **** GODS. How cool is that?
    The game mechanics are solid. Gameplay in third person is really addicting. Graphics, interface and sound are really cool. It sure borrows come aspects from other MOBAs, but you just can't come up with something entirely new these days. No pay-to-win, only to look cool. The community is not bad,
    even for a MOBA. The devs really care about the game and it is somehow balanced. Nothing that ruins this awesome MOBA. This game deserves a lot more respect.
    And you can play Poseidon. 10/10.
  22. Mar 25, 2014
    I don't know why other MOBA's try.

So Smite is in third person which gives really fun experience, I've always hated 2.5D where you're watching from the sky, it is a extremly addictive game, even to me, and I don't even play moba games!
  23. Mar 25, 2014
    One of personal favorite games currently it features 50+ gods with more on the way as well as several different game mode and the awesome theme of mythical gods from various pantheons (Greek, Mayan, Chinese etc.). Hi-rez has gone all out this time
  24. Mar 25, 2014
    If you like dota/lol, play this game

If you dont like dota/lol, play this game, I try several times dota and lol but it wasnt my thing. Smite on the other hand is some fresh air do a genre that its begining to become overcrowed. Lol will be king for years to come, but if you want something different this may be your game
  25. Mar 25, 2014
    This game is overall well designed. It's an original MOBA, the graphics are quite great at maximum settings, the performance is above average for me atleast and the gameplay is really fun. It's an easy MOBA to learn compared to others like League of Legends and DOTA 2. As a MOBA, it is very original, since all these new aspects/tweaks are brought to the genre. Overall, great game and amazingly designed. The developers, Hi-Rez Studios, listen to the community incredibly well and better than any other devs I've seen, you can trust me on this since I've been apart of the community since the closed beta. Hi-Rez is always trying to give us new content, upgraded content, and overall a better game quality, which i enjoy greatly from developers. 10/10, this game has been the best I've ever played for this last year and a half. Expand
  26. Mar 25, 2014
    SMITE is the most original MOBA ever. I know people would say "LoL copy!!" but they aren't. It's like saying LoL is a copy of DoTa, and no one cares about it. The gods that are released are from mythology, so its not a copy. Community is great, the game is really fun and u have to really use your skills to be good, not like other MOBAs that u just have to play.
  27. Mar 25, 2014
    One of my favorite games to date. Well worth everyone's time, would not let this game go to waste get playing. Hours of fun, this game has it's own unique take on mobas using Gods from mythology as there characters, very original and each character has there own lore telling you about the specific god, great game.
  28. Mar 26, 2014
    This game took the MOBA genre and made something amazing.. I was a hardcore LoL player until i discovered SMITE, now I simply don't understand how LoL kept me entertained for so long..
  29. Mar 26, 2014
    Been playing Smite for just over a year now. I've tried a few MOBAs in the past and never played more then a few weeks. But Smite's 3D take on the MOBA really grabbed my attention. Being able to miss auto attacks and abilities is what sets this game apart from other MOBAs. The character choices are fun and every god feels different and unique to play. You can earn favor from playing games to purchase gods, skins and player icons, or Gems which are purchases with cash. What I like about about Smite is that spending more cash will not increase my abilities to win in game, sure I can buy the gods all at once, but it won't give me any advantage in game. I hope they keep to this formula. The different modes are limited but fun. I give Smite a well deserved 9 and see myself playing it for months and hopefully years to come. Expand
  30. Mar 26, 2014
    You get to play a god. You get to move with WASD and aim (3rd person camera). You get multiple maps and game-modes. You get to play for free; or get every single god ever for $30. And great communication from Hi-Rez Studios - listen to community, making videos, streaming.
  31. Mar 27, 2014
    Never liked MOBA games and I've tried DOTA, LoL, HoN, DOTA2 and probably more whom I can't remember and with new ones coming out every week this is the only one you need.

The reason SMITE is the only MOBA which works for me is because of how unique it feels, 3rd person camera instead of top down (which I hate) that allows you to control your character more like an MMO instead of
    clicking everywhere (even though there is an option for it), this also gives you a more complete view of your battlefield and a need to watch your back.

The Champions or Gods as they are called are just amazing, well designed with plenty of lore and unique looks and abilities. Some of my favorite ones are Cupid, Odin, Ares, Geb, Ullr, Ra, Neith and plenty more so finding some that fit you and your play-style for different roles should not be a problem.

All in all, this is THE MOBA game to play, looks and plays amazing with plenty of variety and the ability to customize setups, as a newbie there are tools to help you out!
  32. Mar 26, 2014
    Great game especially for a newly launched officially game, with apparently many more god set for release has me looking forward to whats to come.

It's not a LOL/DOTA2 clone, and yes lots of gods have jump abilities but as its also TPS it's kind of expected that you need movement abilities on the various gods to not make the game feel slow. There is some balance issues i think still but
    nothing game breaking, basically ymir needs a nerf to damage or cc cause he has too much of both, and loki needs to have some form of counterplay added to his ult. beyond that so far all the gods feel equally powerful and balanced.

I personally prefer Arena mode than Conquest but thats because i just love the big open fighting field it's alot easier to drop into and learn the gods than a conquest game that is a lot more .... organization requiring like lol/dota would be..
  33. Mar 30, 2014
    Smite is, hands down, the best MOBA game of all MOBA games.

1) They combine Third-Person Shooters with MOBA games. This gives a Third-Person MOBA game. You don't see many MOBA games like this. Personal preference, not everybody likes this. But give it a try.
    2) Skill shots only. Unlike other MOBA games, you will not find an ability that is auto-fired. You need to follow a running
    target, shoot it like it's a Third-Person Shooter. It takes real skills to hit that target. Even passive attacks are skill shots.
    3) Hi-Rez Studios (developers) care about their customers. Rarely to no server downtimes, good updates, balanced gods, ...
    4) Good community. League of Legends is known for the worst community in gaming. Smite is not like that.
    5) No masteries and runes. Means it takes skills to kill somebody.
    6) MANY more reasons, but these are the most importent.

These reasons make SMITE the best MOBA game out there.
  34. Mar 29, 2014
    A year back, it looked to me like a Dota2 with a 3rd person gimmick, but now that I've tried it, it's actually more than that. Smite does bring the same strategy, but it's easier for newcomers and it's more action packed. Game also features faster gameplay, interesting theme (Gods), more game modes, more maps, better graphics, surrender button... F2P model is also good. Overall, great game.
  35. Mar 25, 2014
    The main reason why I got into smite was because it was different from every other moba out there. The 3d model and wasd controls sealed the deal for me as I was growing tired of all the point to click games out there. Don't get me wrong, smite is no where near as polished as other games like dota 2, or league, but its only been up and running for a few years now. So it can only get better and I consider it to be the most fun out of all of them. There are many global ults in the game, in where you can fly in the sky and attack enemies from below. The community is small, so its not as bad as other mobas, but as it gets bigger expect it to get worse. That being said, I rarely encounter them as of right now, but it just goes with the territory of being a moba. If you want to try something new and fun, I would suggest smite as its really an awesome game. Dont get discouraged at first, the skill cap is a little high for beginners but once you get the basics down the game will be a lot of fun. There are a lot of different game modes so your not stuck on playing only conquest. The matchmaking is a little disappointing hence the 9 rating, but it should get better over time. Last but not least, Smite offers the best deal known to man. You can buy all the gods in the game INCLUDING ALL FUTURE GODS RELEASED for only 30 dollars. Expand
  36. Mar 25, 2014
    Awesome community, great interactions between fans, hirez and youtubers aswell and F2P with some funny jokes by the characters and one of the voice actors was the voice actor for vegeta
  37. Mar 26, 2014
    this game.. THIS DAMN GAME... I HAVENT BEEN PLAYING ANYTHING ELSE SINCE LAST SUMMER !
    love it. 10/10
    so, play it. be kind, and have alot of fun ! its great.
  38. Mar 26, 2014
    This is a great and addicting MOBA game which comes with a bunch of fresh ideas like a 3rd person view, which allows you to directly control the chosen character and dodging most of the enemy skills with some experience.

duo to its 3rd person view the immersion is far greater than in usual isometric moba-style games. the community is already pretty large and ever-growing. an addicting
    game with a promising future. Expand
  39. Mar 26, 2014
    First of all I would like to say that I am long-time "MOBA" player - starting 5 years ago with good old dota (via eurobattle.net) and spent 2 years playing LoL. None of those is as good as Smite. Smite is dynamic and has high skillcap (dota 2 is quite slow-paced, not saying thats bad, its not just my piece of cake, while LoL requiers hardly any skill and is not challangin at all). Every god is unique and feels exciting to play. 10/10
    1 year in and I guess I finally found what I was looking for :)
  40. Mar 26, 2014
    This game is hands down, AMAZING! If you took the smooth game play of WoW and turned the PVP into a MOBA with everything pretty much becoming a SKILL SHOT(No Locked on Targets like WoW). This is everything a MOBA's play style should be. DOTA and LoL are in there own league this is not even comparable for many reasons. Awesome game!
  41. Mar 26, 2014
    Insanely addicting, worth giving it at least a few hours and try a couple of different gods, most gods are viable, balance is great. Devs are constantly listening and updating new things every 2 weeks or so. Just an awesome mix of MOBA and somewhat FPS
  42. Mar 25, 2014
    Smite is a free to play moba, but it has 2 amazing things. A 3rd person perspective and it features mythological gods like thor and ra as its characters! The 3rd person perspective means you can't see behind you and you have to aim everything. Even your auto attacks must be aimed and this really takes some skill. :)

This makes the game really skill based, and easy to pick up but hard to
    master. For me that made this game really addictive and fun. Besides that the game is pretty well balanced atm. There are a few gods who are a bit stronger than the other gods in the general opinion, but they are still far from unbeatable.

Smite has a lot of gamemodes to offer. My personal favorite is the classic 3 lane + jungle mode conquest. But besides that there are plenty of other modes, like an arena mode and a one lane all random mode.

One thing I also really like a lot, is their VGS system. This is basically a system that lets you communicate well with your team in a fast way. You press the V button in game and then you get to a menu with voice commands you can say. For example, gank middle lane is VG2. Or be careful is VCC. Communicating with your team becomes really easy thanks to this system.

Besides that you have an item system like in every moba, it is pretty simple and since they recently revamped the recommended item system, you don't have to worry about learning that. There is still enough depth to counter build though, which makes items still important and it is fun when you get a feeling for them later on and start counter building.

The only negative thing I have to say about smite now is that the leavers aren't punished that hard, so in my early levels there were plenty of leavers in the classic 3 lane mode. Luckily once you get to a higher level that gets a lot rarer.

Smite also has a fair money system imo. If you decide not to spend any money on it, you won't be at a disadvantage. You will only have a smaller god pool to play from, as you will have to earn them with favor that you get after every match. You can spend money on cosmetic skins, voice packs for the VGS system, or more gods, and smite even has a deal where you get every god and every god added later in the game for 25 euro, so you can also buy that and see it as a full game purchase like I did.

All in all, I give smite a 10 because it has entertained me for so long already (more than half a year) and I still enjoy playing a lot. I spend around 50 euros on it which is crazy, as this is the only free to play game I ever spent money on. (and that while I played some other f2p games for years) But I did that because the game is just so enjoyable, and Hirez supports it so well. They still do, so there is probably a lot more awesomeness to come. :)
  43. Mar 26, 2014
    Really enjoy the game. I can't play top down as I find it very dull. The animations are really cool to watch and you can see they have put a lot of effort into designing characters around their lore. Hanging out for Aussie servers come'on!
  44. Mar 25, 2014
    League of legends and dota 2, but 3rd person and fun. What is there not to like. Also all the characters are gods that were worshiped in real life. In all AMAZING!!!
  45. Mar 25, 2014
    The best thing about this game isn't its awesome graphics, interesting theme of mythology or even its refreshing take on a genre, but how well Hi-Rez studios interact with the community.
  46. Mar 25, 2014
    SMITE takes a new approach on MOBAS, taking it down from Top view to 3rd person. As the first MOBA game I have played SMITE made the transition from shooter games (Both first and thrid) to MOBAs an easy thing. SMITE will really help you as a catalyst to learning the MOBA style without starting where skillcaps are very high and new players are very poorly treated. SMITE offers great cost effectiveness with its pack for all gods (heroes/champs) for only 30$ Expand
  47. Mar 26, 2014
    I loved to play MMORPG, FPS and I always want to try to play some game which will let me aim (instead of tab targeting) and I can play some serious PvP...

I put all my hopes into GW2 but it was disappointment in the end. I also tried DOTA 2 and LOL and it was too boring for me and I just dont like that kind of control ...

I simply want PvP game, where I can aim and if possible if
    the look will be from 3rd person and with aiming ...

And then I found SMITE and I am playing it for long long long time and its probably the best game which I ever played :-)

MOBA game with aiming and with "better control" at least for me :-)
  48. Mar 26, 2014
    Im playing smite for like 1 year now and still enjoy it alot! with alot of updates comming. my fav game definitly! u can google all the gods and find out about them they are all real myths!
  49. Mar 26, 2014
    After 1000's of games, and countless hours playing with my friends, I can safely say this is the best game I've ever played. A variety of game modes, and a changing match of the day keeps everything fresh, and always gives you something to look forward to.
  50. Mar 26, 2014
    Smite is something you really wanna try. Hi-Rez Studios made MOBA genre better than ever by releasing this game. If you start playing this, you hardly can stop. I really recommend this.

Has great amount of gods to play and has better community than other moba games. The 3rd person makes you really feel alive when playing moba. The game modes are great too and you cant stop loving
    everything in this game. Had some server issues before release but seem to be fixed. Only problem is the kinda long patch times but the game is running faster than other games with high graphics. 9/10 Expand
  51. Mar 30, 2014
    Played a bit of LoL and DOTA 2, liked them but find them inaccessible. Then started playing IC and really enjoyed that due to the subject matter and really got into the game, not great at it but learning. Thought that would be it for me moving forward till I played Smite.

Great game, very playable, nice character design and lots of good game options. Free to play with a few champions
    but you can buy all the gods for £20!

The one downside of all the MOBAs I have played, the idiots who play them. So far only met a couple of really foul individuals but its the internet right! If you are looking for what feels like a more action orientated MOBA then this is it.
  52. Mar 26, 2014
    I've been playing since early 2013! Really fun game. Very fair, and a good historical backdrop. An awesome take on the MOBA genre, that it needed!!
  53. Mar 27, 2014
    SMITE, though being recently released, has enormous amounts of potential both for itself and for Hi-Rez Studios. SMITE is known for standing out among most MOBAs, using a behind-the-back view as opposed to a top-down view. This new perspective alone makes the game feel much more action-packed and if you don't think you like MOBAs, you need to play SMITE just for this new feel.

If for
    whatever reason you didn't know, SMITE uses different kinds of gods as playable characters. These gods vary from Roman gods to Mayan gods to Chinese gods with everything in between. Many of them are familiar such as Poseidon, Aphrodite, and Cupid but you'll find yourself knowing about many more like Ah Muzen Cab, Chaac, and Scylla. Though it is neat to see familiar faces in the game, it's even cooler seeing what attacks they use. Every god you can play as feels very different prompting you to want to buy them all. And this can be a problem with SMITE. There are so many gods to play as and you will want to try all of them but it is quite hard to earn money in the game. However, you can pay to get Gems which let you buy more stuff. It's not necessarily pay-to-win, but you will see yourself spending money on the game. Large amounts of money.

Going back to the abilities, every god has a unique set of attacks that do unique things. Again, this makes it very interesting to see what new things that new gods introduce such as being able to switch weapons instantly which no other god can do. It creates a very refreshing and otherwise great feel for the game. Because of this, SMITE will be the reason you don't get homework done and why you go to bed at 2AM, the game is extremely addicting. Which is great because it's so action-packed and rewarding. Every kill you get feels huge and when you're on a long killstreak or winstreak, you will keep playing so you can only improve upon yourself and once you do, you'll be one happy camper.

This again, leads to another problem is that you can almost always improve upon yourself. It is good and bad really, as you will always be striving to become better. However, you won't really feel like you're "complete". With SMITE being a MOBA and getting constantly updated, it isn't a surprise that this happens at all but there will be times when you just feel like you can be better and you keep trying. Again, you may succeed which is a great feeling but you may also fail which is frustrating as SMITE games do last a while and it isn't rare to get a crappy team.

With all the fresh and unique things SMITE does, it easily earns a 9/10. Just get ready to lose some cash and experience a bit of rage. If you want to know if SMITE is worth your time, the answer is an absolute yes. In fact, it could be worth TOO much time because it will eat up all time you once had in your life.
  54. Mar 25, 2014
    The Best MOBA ever and the only f2p game that I have spent cash on. Very Interesting game and re-playability is very high.I have been playing since early beta and have loved every minute of it.
  55. Mar 27, 2014
    I've been playing MOBA games for a long time. DotA Allstars, LoL, HoN, DotA2 and now SMITE. And I absolutly love smite. The 3rd person perspective just makes it feel so good, with faster gameplay, and more actionpacked fights. I would give it a 9/10 but i'm going to make it 10/10. Just to make up for those lame reviews from butthurt players that want to bash smite without even really playing the game (aka giving it a chance) Expand
  56. Mar 27, 2014
    Smite is an amazing game from amazing developers. Through the lengthy beta period there have been constant updates to the game that has made it into what it is today which is vastly different to what it was. Smite features unique MOBA gameplay by changing the perspective to third person and giving you familiar wasd movement where 1 2 3 4 are used for he abilities. Everything about this game is simply amazing. It has it's unique and fun gameplay not just in the standard 3 lane format as other MOBAs it also features a variety of other modes, including, Arena, Assault, Joust (1v1), Joust (3v3) and the ever changing MoTD. The sound in the game is also very well done. The community isn't so bad as in other games and toxic players are easily ignored using the mute option. The developers are constantly interacting with the community and providing content through Youtube and Twitch, mainly twitch as they run two official channels that has a line up of streamers that fill up a 24 hours each week day, with the tournaments being streamed there on the weekends. What also adds to the fun of the game is the use of mythological gods as opposed to champions and such from other games, it features many gods from many different pantheons all interesting, unique and well designed. Overall the game really doesn't have any real downsides other than the lack of servers for regions outside North America and Europe which really isn't a problem with the game and will probably be rectified eventually. 10/10 Expand
  57. Mar 27, 2014
    The best moba out there.
    like for real: tired of your standard boring moba, give smite a try, its free after all :)
    plenty of content! and the best community of eny moba out there :)
  58. Mar 29, 2014
    A great twist on the moba genre, this game is breath of fresh air. I was a bit hesitant at first, but after playing it for a few days I can confirm that it's great fun; a game you'll come back to time and time again.
  59. Mar 25, 2014
    "I'll never play a MOBA", that's what I said a year ago. Now I am playing SMITE weekly, close to daily. The third-person is such a huge difference and the "even basic attacks are a skillshot" thing makes combat so much more interesting to me. It's really fast-paced, the character selection is awesome, the community is fantastic, the developer takes a lot of feedback.. I'm having a fantastic time.
  60. Apr 2, 2014
    one of the best moba on the market right now, some balance issues but nothing that cant be fixed. the best thing about this game is that you really can experience it for free/
  61. Mar 28, 2014
    The game is a overrated, it has nice ideas and mechanics but the reality is it's just mediocre.
    The Gods are unbalanced and people use and ban the same Gods every game, many gods are not viable because they're just too weak compared to others.
    The matchmaking is broken as it takes into account the average MM rating of the team, so you end up with situations where high ranked players end
    up in the same team with relatively new players while the opponents are more even in skill level and either the high ranked players have to carry the game to victory on their own or they're gonna lose badly.
    Gods can be unlocked for free but their cost is so high (5500) and the "favor" (free game currency) you gain per match is so low (20-50 depending on game mode and win/loss) that you just won't be able to unlock every god without paying real money.
    The game has servers only in 2 regions, NA and EU, so you often end up in teams with Latins, Spanish, Brazilians, Russians, etc. who can't or refuse to speak English and so will lose you the game due to no communication. Not to mention the ping and lag issues if you're plying from the West Coast or anywhere outside the US or Europe.
    The items are very few and the stats very simplistic, often taking away most of the choices in item builds as there are always must have items on every god depending on your role.

In the end Smite is a game built for casual gamers new to MOBAs, with very little to offer to veterans from other and better games from this genre.
  62. Mar 25, 2014
    This game is honestly the one I have been waiting for. Its tactical, fun, requires accuracy and skill, and always offers new experiences. The multitude of Gods available to play as really keep things fresh for a very long time as their skill sets are all well thought out and unique. I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys variety of playstyle choices in a competitive but friendly environment. EREZ 4 president Expand
  63. Mar 31, 2014
    Overall, Smite is a great game that takes the general concept of a MOBA like League of Legends and Dota 2, but puts it into its own original game with different controls.
  64. Apr 2, 2014
    Im playing this game since open beta. It is just perfect. 100% pvp, fast action, nice outlook, many many characters and modes to play. Even if you dont like MOBA genre you can still love this game. The feeling is more like mmorpg/fps than LoL.
  65. Apr 2, 2014
    Very good game.Nice Gods, nice gameplay, nice visual.This game can be better then LoL and Dota.Nice notarget system, nice 3d person view.I think this game much better then kasual HotS by Blizzard.
  66. Aug 11, 2014
    If you like third person video games,using skill shot's and other physics with a dash of MOBA on it than you should probably try Smite.A MOBA based video game where playable characters are gods from the Greek,Egyptian,Chinese,North,Mayan pantheons.Smite brings a new look on the MOBA genre with exiting and quick team fights,fast paced gameplay and more....But if you don't like the classic 5v5 3 lane MOBA type than you can try the other game modes smite has which are:Arena,Joust(3v3),Assault(All random gods one lane),Siege(4v4) and MOTD(match of the day). Expand
  67. Mar 26, 2014
    third person, skill shots, and more game modes than I know what to do with give a fresh look on MOBAS.
    the game overall is great. There are only really 2 major drawbacks for me optimization, and servers (reasons posted below)

Drawback one: is that the game isn't that well optimized, but they have been doing their best to optimize their lower end settings for lower end pc's, personally
    doesn't effect me, but then again no matter what I set my settings too I get the same frame rate.

Drawback two: is that the servers are kind of messy for the time being, the US servers are based out of Atlanta and I live on the west coast, they do have a few servers out here, but it is very rare to get them so ping can be a huge issue with the game, and even beyond this I have friends who live near Atlanta who still have some crazy lag and ping issues.

overall I give it an 8/10 the game is great, so much that I have spent more money on this free to play than I have on any other Free to play or standard $60 game + whatever DLC it may have. (im looking at you call of duty world at war and black ops and your damn nazi zombies)
  68. Apr 28, 2014
    The only problem I have with this game is the problem all MOBA's have: those few rotten apples that makes a whole community look bad. If you look past that though, you will find a deep and intricate MOBA game with it's own original twist. It gets updated and improved on a weekly basis. And for old beta players who might want to return, the game is very stable now, both balance and server wise. If you want to check out the game I'd advice you to take a look at these streamers: Hellokelly, Lassiz, Drybear and Ponponulala. Expand
  69. Aug 29, 2014
    This game sucks d*ck it is just leaps and lines and is for noobie little kids. Honestly a piece of **** do not play try Dota 2 instead. The voice acting is terrible for the most part and the gem system is a rip off joke, you can counter ultimates with just 300 gold active items rendering some of the gods ultimates useless. avoid this dog turd game.
  70. Mar 25, 2014
    One more Moba Clone.. but in 3D.. you need a little aiming skill :-) good balanced heros, cool modes.. like it... realy funny in group up to 5 players.. overall 8 points from me ;)
  71. Apr 18, 2014
    Played Dota for 5 years then Dota 2 since beta. Thought SMITE would be meh, casual slow dota clone like League. But thats completely different game! Yes its kinda casual, and lots of pure fun modes, but the thing is how it plays! Its awesome! I highly recommend it to the people who love fast paced action. All the positive things can't be described in words. You need to feel it. The downside is that there are too much generic skills like hit all enemies in a line/cone/around you. But it compensated by insane non-standard skills and awesome ultimates. Like if you play Thanatos, god of death - your ultimate is flying up above the map (!) fly for 5 seconds and then drop down in a target location killing enemies below a certain amount of hp/stunning and damaging them. And there are many skills like this. Every hero is truly unique besides generic skills, mentioned above. Play it! Expand
  72. May 7, 2014
    Awesome game :) Varied mechanics (TPP!), gameplay tweaks (in comparison with DOTA2/LOL) and GODS ! Only this MOBA give me a lot of fun. Hopefully Hi-Rez develop this project ! I wish you all the best guys !
  73. Mar 31, 2014
    This game has got a great future and make a big MOBA both the graphics and gameplay that lets you have all the action of the game that other games do not offer also have very many gods
  74. Mar 25, 2014
    I absolutely love Smite. It is the only MOBA that has been able to keep my interest for an extended period of time, been playing for over a year. Even with my love of the game, there are still quite a few flaws that are present in the game. So let's get started.

Overall, it is a very fun game to play. Choose from any of the current 51 deities -- with more on the way -- and play in
    one of multiple game modes: Conquest, Arena, Assault, 1v1, 3v3, Conquest and Arena League, and the match of the day which is random restrictions on classic modes for fun.

The gameplay. The use of WASD and the 3rd person camera do make it a more engaging experience compared to an isometric MOBA. There is no way to influence the game with outside purchases, a la LoL runes. The active items in the game must be bought in game, which promotes countering. Overall the actual combat is very solid, but it is not what the advertisements portray. The game does advertise that it has only skillshots, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm not saying there are no skillshots, but things like AoE circles that require little more than just getting close to the enemy are fairly common. Regardless, it is still a very engaging combat system and I find it very fun.

Next, aesthetics. The game has a more lighthearted simple feel to it. I don't want to say it's cartoonish, but it is definitely a less serious art style than say LoL or DotA. Each deity has their own uniqueness about their models. The new item styles are all presented in a similar art style. I'm not very good with describing the art of the game, but it all fits together nicely, with updates to bring some more dated things up to par with the rest of the game.

Now for UI. Smite's UI has not been done very well. Every single window takes up the entire screen, whether its the skill, stats, death recap, or store window, The shop has come a long way to being more accessible, but it still has longer to go. The tabs on the home screen are unlabeled and hard to tell what they do. There's no collective shop for all the skins and voicepacks, and the store button actually directs you out of the game. The twitch integration for the game is a running joke of the community. The hud for in matches, however, is very minimal, has easily understood information, and has the nice addition of telling you if your teammates ultimate's are off cooldown.

And now for the parts of smite that need a lot of work, optimization and balancing.

In regards to optimization, after every patch, there are people complaining about frame rate decreases. Sometimes the drops are minimal, sometimes they are drastic. I've personally never been affected to badly, but the fps drops are hardware indiscriminate. It doesn't matter how powerful your computer is, there is always a chance there will be frame drops, which could be crippling. Also, there is very noticeable lag in many menu's, most notably the store and god select screen for a match. Quickly scrolling in either creates tearing and stuttering, both of which are very distracting and annoying. There's a lot of room for improvement in this regard, and while a very small amount of patches have mentioned optimization, I've yet to see someone say their frames have actually increased.

Balancing is done horribly by Hi-Rez. Many deities are blatantly overpowered or broken, with others just completely useless. Zeus has been widely considered the most overpowered thing in the game for months now, and he has remained completely untouched. Also, a lot of nerf's to deities do not actually address the problem the deity has, and some nerf's are just completely random with no explanation. Which brings me to my next point, developer transparency.

Very rarely is a nerf/buff been explained beyond "[enter deity name] performed higher/lower than expected." One thing that many people have taken for granted from other companies, a collective forum, was actually only just recently reinstated from Hi-Rez. After completely failing at moderating the forums the first time around, they just completely shut the forums down and stated that the smite subreddit was the new official discussion board for smite. They brought the forums back, and this won't affect my rating, but it is something people should know coming into the game.

Fairly sure I covered all the bases. Even if I didn't, I expect this to be more informative than the countless 10's that only praise the game, despite it's obvious problems. I still wholeheartedly recommend smite, I just don't want people to join with their hopes to high. Hopefully Hi-Rez works on these problems so I could give it a higher rating; however, right now, even with all my love for the game, I give it a 6.5/10, I rounded up for the MC score.
  75. Apr 7, 2014
    This was the game that got me to register for a metacritic account. Smite is a small-time game that deserves my voice, and other players' voices, to vouch for it on its behalf. It has to compete with huge powerhouse players in the MOBA market.

Smite is a great game, that for me, raises the bar for the MOBA genre. Personally, the combat and perspective just feels so right. Its fluid,
    allows for insanely skillful plays, and responsive. Every time I die, I can tell why I died and the balancing seems fair. When you're having a good game, you really feel like a badass versus a traditional moba, due to the enhanced action combat. I think the movements do seem SLIGHTLY floaty, and would love to see a more powerful physics engine if they were ever to make a sequel. Overall it feels very kickass to play though and when you're having a great game you feel like a GOD.

There are several competitive game modes offered. My favorite alternate game mode is the Arena, where Hi-Rez absolutely nailed the gladiator coliseum experience. The roaring crowds after plays are made....the aesthetic....the straight up 5v5 brawling from the beginning of the game....It's all there.

Also the Ultimate God Pack is such a great value for your dollar. I recommend purchasing it if the game grabs you.

Please give smite a try, especially if you're looking for something "new".
  76. Apr 8, 2014
    SMITE stands out from other MOBAs due to a very simple change in perspective: 3rd person. You wouldn't think this would create such a significant difference, but it does. Being both a League of Legends veteran and proficient in DOTA 2, I have to say that once you get used to SMITE, there is no going back. You will wonder how on earth you had fun incessantly clicking around in order to control horrendously stale sprites.

Some people may say SMITE is a MOBA for casuals....if that means it's a game that is actually fun and doesn't force you to learn a clunky mechanic simply because of tradition, then yes, SMITE is for casuals. And all the better for it.
  77. Apr 9, 2014
    This is probably my favorite MOBA, personally. I've played League of Legends and when I was invited to Smites early beta's, I wanted to try it out. I instantly loved the game. The controls a easy, the game is fast past. But, the one element that i found most interesting is that it was based off of mythology. Mythology is one of my favorite subjects and adding that element into a game is very entertaining to me. The other issues are minimal and the community is a lot friendlier than LOL's. Expand
  78. Jun 29, 2014
    good arena game play, very MMO like battleground with 50+ characters to choose from. worth the money to buy Ultimate God Pack..

I played as a tank, yet I can still kill people without much dmg because of the CC.
  79. Apr 22, 2014
    I used to hate RPG's like Dota and League Of Legends, but after playing smite in a third person view, my opinion of RPG's has changed completely, but I'll probably never play LOL again. A great game in my opinion, if a little unbalanced towards the "Pay to win strategy". But then again, this is a free game and a very good one. One of my favorite features is the ability to auto purchase abilities and items. This helps me a lot as if I try to manually buy items, I normally end up spending half the game trying to decide which will give me a bigger advantage, knife or sword? Know-one knows, maybe with the exception of the dev's Expand
  80. Jul 31, 2014
    So here are my gripes with the game:

Not much room for skillful play because last hitting isnt actually worth anything and creep denial by friendly fire on your own minions doesnt work. The minimap isnt very good and doesnt really convey information such as enemy location in lane because as soon as your opponent moves a bit further away from your teammate (even if he stays in lane) he
    will disappear from your minimap.

Furthermore the mostly unranked gametypes this game has are ruined by premades stomping randoms - there doesnt seem to be a decent pre vs pre matching. Especially later at night you will often run into 3 (conquest) to 5 (arena) man premades who just destroy random teams over and over.

^The issues above are somewhat fixed with the introduction of curse voice but not that many people are using it as of yet (especially in unranked where people dont WANT to use voice) so its not helping as much as it could.

By far the worst thing about the game is the report system. Basically the losing team will usually pick 1 guy on their team and just shove all the blame on him and ask the other team to report him as well. (you know how everyone becomes trash tier when your team loses.. *sigh*)

You can also get banned for getting disconnects during games (which actually happens a bit more at right now because hirez seems to have server problems at the moment) pretty much if you DC 3 times in 2 days you get a ban.

All of this wouldnt be an issue if the bans would be looked into more thoroughly by a support team but theyre not. And in addition to that if you get banned 4 times (within any timeframe at all ever) your ban will be almost permanent (1year). This is a huge problem as leveling a character to the point where u can play ranked takes A LOT of time and if u want to use all the gods you will have to unlock all of them again on a new account as well (which again consumes A LOT of time OR you can of course PAY MONEYZZZ to speed it up)

So basically banning people is a pretty good source of income for HiRez which is not a good starting point for a fair report/ban system.
  81. Jun 13, 2014
    Decent game but has a few weak points like generic heroes with a lot of similiar abilities, lacking camera controls, strange hitboxes and the matchmaking is oh well in about 60 games I had 2 games without any leaver.
  82. Jun 7, 2014
    I've played this game several hundred hours since the early beta days, and it's gone from great to even better. I don't care that the game is free to play, I've spent thousands of dollars on games over the last 20 years. This is simply one of the greats for those with a hunger for pvp.
  83. Jun 20, 2014
    Have played this since 2012. Best game overall out there I think. No joke. If I have 2 hours or only 20 minutes to play a game this is my go-to game. Satisfying my gaming fix. Think League of Legends (bought out by the same parent company) but with a 3rd person perspective view. You don't know what can come out from your sides or behind you during game play. Helps lots to have surround sound to detect audible cues of sneaking opponents but I still get ambushed. Absolutely love this game. Sooo much fun with friends too. Plenty of different game modes to keep things fresh and exciting. Never the same game twice, ever.

Also, the team behind this game do a great job of involving and connecting its fans with tons of out of game content such as comical in house videos with its staff, or streaming their games on their homepage with their admins playing while chatting with fans during games, or amazing live streaming of flashy grand tournaments with classy commentators during and after matches, also excellent and fast tech support for this game, etc....

I paid for the ultimate god pack to unlock all characters but this game is absolutely completely playable being FREE. Yes, it's a free game. You can't beat that. In game purchases are their driving monetary income such as character skins and items.

My only complaint is sometimes a player may lose connection to the game and their character will run back to base. Hopefully one day that character can be a bot with the team at least to keep it fair. Sadly their bot AI is weak at the moment and would likely hurt its team instead of help.

Give this game a try and be careful not to get too addicted. Have fun.
  84. May 21, 2014
    The game is very fun and remarkably addicting. If you enjoy the hardcore strategic and competitive nature of games like DotA but prefer WASD movement, controls similar to combat found in most MMORPGs, as well as games like Fury, Natural-Selection, or team fortress, then this game is for you.
  85. May 26, 2014
    MOBA style game but in 3rd person as opposed to top down. I've played all the MOBAs to date and I would say League Of Legends was the game I've played the longest consistently. I played SMITE during its Beta phase and I was not impressed. While fun for a little while, it did not hold my attention. Fast forward a year to release and it is a MUCH different game with many more Gods to choose from and game modes. This game is a breath of fresh air. I have been playing it now for about a month and love it. Will that love last into 6,7,8+ months? Time will tell, but right now it is a great game that has made me forget about League. Expand
  86. Apr 10, 2014
    While Smite is far from perfect, it gives the genre a spin and can still be quite a lot of fun every now and then. And even more impressive a guy like me who normally doesn't like games in the DotA genre can still enjoy this particular one. That alone is worth an 8/10.
  87. Apr 6, 2014
    I've never played a MOBA before, never was my style of game, I'm also not huge on player vs. player content in games.

but I like this game, it's a lot of fun, the character designs are great, and the gameplay is fast paced once it really gets going.

Only down sides, are some balance issues (Loki is made of glue and razors), and there's quite a few douche-bag's who expect everyone to
    play perfect every time, regardless of whether or not they are new, or have even played with the god before. Then refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. Expand
  88. Apr 8, 2014
    This MOBA deserves your attention. LoL and Dota are not the industry standard of MOBA's...Smite proves that. It's a genius mash up of a 3rd person action game with the mechanics of a traditional MOBA. In my humble opinion, this is the BEST F2P title out there on any platform. The funny thing is, I am not even a fan MOBA's and yet I have spent over 400 hours in Smite.

Ok, sure you have
    lanes, towers, minions (creeps), and lots of characters to choose from but the big difference here is that you actually have to aim your shots/skills manually using WSAD and the mouse. This little mechanic adds an enormous amount of depth to the combat and makes you much more involved in every second of the game.

The character selection is great! You play as many different gods from mythology like Hercules, Hades, Anubis, Neith, Cupid, and Thor just to name a few. Each god is very well crafted and feels very unique. Every time I purchased or earned a new god, I found myself dumping endless hours into learning the skills and play style of that god. It feels like a new game every time you decide to master a new god. Along with many characters to choose from, there are a handful of solid game modes and maps to choose from as well. Don’t feel like playing the traditional 3 lane map? Well you can choose from one lane maps, arena team deathmatch, control point maps and my personal favorite, the Assault mode (one lane, no jungle and random gods). Another positive worth noting is the amount of care and attention the staff at Hi-Rez has put into this game. It seems like every month or so they release a new god and/or patches and cosmetic changes. If you log out of Smite for weeks on end, expect lots of new additions to the game when you come back.

MOBA’s are known to be highly competitive which usually means you will find a highly competitive smack talking community. The good news is Hi-Rez reacts quickly enough to player complaints and has no problem issuing bans. But there in lies the problem… I have been wrongfully issued a three day ban before with no warning that my account was under review. They just simply banned me and told me to deal with it. After a few emails back and forth, I found out it was because I had too many disconnects mid game. That was only due to my shoddy ISP at the time. Solution? Maybe Hi-Rez could send out emails or in-game messages warning players that their account is under review.

This next issue I have is a strange one that seems to be a big grey area with not only Smite but most Early Access games in general. I purchased several gods with real money in the past. Sometimes Hi-Rez will make major changes to gods that I have purchased including re-skins and skill changes. Well that sounds fine and all but the reason I bought this god was because I liked it for what it was at that time. Some of these changes completely transform the god into something I no longer like to use. This has happened several times in the Beta which I guess is understandable (being a Beta) but it has now happened outside of the Beta which seems to be more of an issue. I just hope that’s not going to be a common thing to do.

Those minor gripes aside, I can’t say enough good things about Smite. With so many low quality fremium games out there, Smite’s content and support make this a diamond in the rough.
  89. May 10, 2014
    Many of the positive reviews say that if you didn't like LoL or dota2 you should give this game a try. That is 100% not true. It is a moba, it plays exactly like a moba. Only with super amounts of lag and instability.

I've played LoL plenty and never been in a situation where based on what server I rolled on I would be able to use my skills or I would just press buttons and nothing
    would happen.

The game might be playable if another company made it but the coding is beyond terrible and I would not recommend wasting your downloads on this.
  90. Jul 6, 2014
    When downloading this game, I looked on the internet at what people thought of it as opposed to other MOBAs. People generally said that DotA 2 and/or League of Legends are better, and thought about this as I started the game up. After playing over forty eight hours of the game, I can clarify that these statements are false. SMITE is by far the best MOBA that I have ever played. It takes the good aspects of all MOBAs and puts them into a more action-packed, friendly, and generally much more interesting game. It features the classic tri-lane gamemode while also adding several others to break up the monotony of one singular map. This was a problem that DotA 2 had, and SMITE has surpassed it in that respect.
    It also features a gigantic character roster of over 90 gods to play, each one purchasable either with an in-game currency or with real-world money. Each god is very unique, has their own way of hacking, slashing, and hitting B to warp back to base.
    Its graphics are very nice also, they're just as high-fidelity as DotA but are more realistic than both League and DotA, and so personal preference decides which you prefer. This game's community is far better than DotA 2's, and makes League's look like the final circle of hell. People are always happy to help players out, work together, listen to voice commands and so on.
    This game's biggest negative however is that it's held down by a ton of the classic MOBA rules that have League of Legends twitching on the floor covered in bees. It keeps the whole "purchasing gods" aspect, albeit bypassable by the Ultimate-God-Pack, but it also has unfair voting mechanics, unchangeable characters once locked in, and the last hitting rule. But if those are not bothersome to you, SMITE is an absolutely wonderful game with plenty of potential to keep growing and growing.
  91. Apr 30, 2014
    A new moba which bring a great change of pace into the genre and is much faster than his counterparts, mainly for the change of playerview (3rd person instead of the usual hovering cam). For now there are several different game modes (with the Arena one reminding MMORPG fights) which changes from the usual 3-laned map and are a welcome addition. There is currently enough gods to play to not get bored after a few games.

Right now however, the game still suffer a few imbalances (which will probably be fixed) and suffer from the usual Moba community (Leavers and Ragers) but to a lesser extent than the other current Mobas. The matchmaking is also weirdly designed.

Let's just hope this game will not suffer from his popularity like it happened for LoL.
  92. Jun 21, 2014
    Smite is all the fun of League of Legends or Dota 2 but without the camera management issues that plague new moba players. If you are a MMO's or FPS player you should be able to get into this game easily.
  93. Aug 1, 2014
    Back in 2013, I used to play DoTA 2 occasionally. Just with friends to have a laugh and stuff. We stopped playing it in 2014 because we stopped finding much enjoyment in it, other than in-jokes we created. My friend (who also does reviews, his name is 'Memburg') was telling me about a game he recently started playing SMITE, I had seen a bit of SMITE on YouTube and I thought it looked okay, so I downloaded it and begun playing it with him. In my first game I got two kills, which is not much to most, but my MOBA background consists of one kill every match (that I stole), so to me it was a big deal. I began to love this game. I have no idea how long I have spent playing, but it would be nearing 100 hours by now. I started on Cupid when he was on the free God rotation, moved onto Tyr (who I no longer play), Mercury, Hun Batz, fell in love with Vulcan, and I'm really enjoying Scylla right now.

My long and ramble-y story basically comes down to this: If you are a fan of MOBAs, play it. If not, you very well may enjoy it, it's in a much nicer view so it's more welcoming to people new to the genre. The reason I gave it a 9 is because 1) MOBA communities are some really not nice people, so I play with friends (although you do meet some nice people now and then), and 2) every now and then, I get annoyed at features, but it's not a consistent problem; just sometimes annoys me in the middle of a game.
  94. Apr 9, 2014
    Playground of the Gods is the motto and it's definitely fun. Is it a LoL copy? Not really. It follows the normal MOBA style but takes it into the next evolution of the genre. Instead of overhead it moves into a 3rd person view and plays at a much faster pace. You have your typical modes of Conquest (5v5, 3 lanes with jungle attacking opposing Titan), Assault (5v5, random god, single lane no jungle attacking opposing Titan), Arena (5v5, TDM set in a gladiator arena with jungle mobs on outskirts), MOTD (5v5, random game changes daily and will cover all modes including domination mode not available anywhere else. Examples - All the same god, Guy Gods vs Girl Gods, Norse gods vs Egyptian, etc.), Joust (3v3, single lane with jungle attacking opposing Titan), There is also private lobbies for groups of 5v5 to play in. They have practice, normal and league options for the different modes with the exception of the private lobby being only available under normal.

The game is F2P but does have in game purchases yet none that make the game P2W. They offer you 5 starting gods and 5 random gods that rotate weekly so if you don't have the money you'll still get a chance to enjoy the variety of gods on offer, currently 51. Most things can be purchased with "Favor" which you earn through battle but some costumes and all the individual character voices are gems (cash) only. The best option they offer is a God Pack that gives you access to all current and future gods for a one time fee.

Now for the final cut.. While the game is fun and I do play it almost daily it's not without it's glitches. For me personally this game was in beta for two years and to still be having problems I don't understand; which is why I scored it the way I did. Server pings are random. I can play a match at 70 and have another at 150+. Since release HiRez has fixed some issues with the ping where before I had matches that'd start great then my ping would shoot up to 600 even 900. I also had matches where both teams could not play because you'd be walking out your spawn area 5 times then suddenly pop halfway across the map yet we could chat just fine. Rare graphic glitches and abilities that on the rare occasion seemingly not do anything even though it executed properly from your POV. They offer a broken Twitch integrated client that would allow you to unlock a skin for one god but for a reason only known to the gods have not bothered to fix it so it's impossible to unlock the skin. Now even with these and other minor things the game is still fun. The community does have it's few elitist ass hats who whine about your build or not following meta but they do offer the option to mute, report and block players so if you happen upon them remember that and don't get caught up in their trolling ways mid game.
  95. Apr 29, 2014
    At first I was skeptical, but was surprised on how quickly one could get into it. I gathered my friends and we so far had a great time. Strangely enough this was always a fantasy of mine, a 1st/3rd person Moba game. Although the marketing is extremely poor meaning I only ever heard of this game (through metacritc) a few days ago. Pros: Great Gameplay Great Fun Low learning curve
    Extremely good animations
    Good sound
    Overall great fun

Cons:
    Very very bad marketing department
    The store items could be given more depth
    Lag of local servers
  96. Apr 30, 2014
    Nice graphics, fluid controls, variation on the typical MOBA style game. Other games have tried the 3rd person perspective style of MOBA (like LOCO), but Smite does it properly. The rounds are fast paced and near frantic as strategy is greatly involved like all other great MOBAs. The only weaknesses in the game are that some gods are near OP and feeding is less forgiving than in other games. Also, just like in other MOBAs, having a player disconnect from the round nearly destroys your chances of winning the round. Expand
  97. May 1, 2014
    Smite is completely different then other MOBAs and its only because of amazing work with camera and POV. I was not really in MOBAs about 3 months ago, but then Smite broke me and i cannot thank it enough for that.
  98. May 8, 2014
    A fun twist on the MOBA genre, if you enjoy other MOBA's (LoL, DOTA etc.) I would definately give it a try. It has a great roster of mythological characters that are all fun to play (Cupid
  99. May 16, 2014
    This game is amazing, its like LoL but closer to fps, can't see behind you so better strategies, and also nobody gets hyperfed and one shots your whole team... way more skill-based

play it
  100. Jun 5, 2014
    An absolutely okay game that bends awry from the current sewage spill that is the MOBA market just to dip back straight into it by allowing you to purchase items such as beads that instantly clears you of any and all CC effects (including grabbing ultimates of other gods) for only 300 gold that doesn't even take up a normal item slot or the blink orb that is just as cheap and effective as the 2150 gold blink dagger in Dota 2.

Certain god balances like Ao Kuang, Poseidon and Zeus also leaves me scratching my head and once you combine it with the most putrid community & report system ever, you got a game that has naught but a third person perspective gimmick in a fundamentally imbalanced MOBA that's populated with nothing but trolls and tryhards on a bunch of wonky servers.

1. Aug 8, 2014
    Smite is alternative to Dota and LoL suited to beginners as well as veterans of the genre.
  2. Jul 23, 2014
    Third god perspective freshens up the MOBA genre but its potential was not fully utilized (e.g. you can jump, but there’s nowhere to jump to). Smite makes up for that with varied game modes and accessibility to inexperienced or casual players. [06/2014, p.58]
  3. May 19, 2014
    The product of Hi Rez Studios is well made, and offers different feelings from those of its competitors, thanks to the different camera angle and a fast paced gameplay.