8.3

1. Oct 17, 2010
    This is a great game. Or more, it was a superb game back then.
    The graphics are mediocre and the story basic... very basic.
    the rest of the game is pure fun and can become one of your best game experience. As it was for me.
    for this game i can say that it pased the test of time.
  2. Jun 12, 2012
    I bought this game, thinking that it would be as good as Sniper: Ghost Warrior. I wasn't disappointed. In fact, the story was much better in Sniper Elite. My only problem was that changing weapons was sort of cumbersome, especially when trying to move from the Sniper mode to close combat with machine guns. Also, the age of the game showed. Things have come a long way in the last two years (not always for the better). Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    Very good game! I play long time and this is very hard game for novice users, I think that my assessment is good:) Graphic like these days is not bad. Good job rebellion :)
  4. Aug 3, 2012
    This is the game that set the standards for what we enjoy today.

Don't let the low system requirements fool you. This game has a very realistic play and is perfect for the household with a computer that can't play anything "because it's too old". The missions, interplay with environment and cinematics are great and give that little extra with the bullet cam provide an unexpected thrill
    of the kill.

Don't pass this game... It would be a crime. Add it to your Theatre of War or Concert of Pain today!
  5. Jun 2, 2012
    This is game you need to give a chance. First time I started this game was big disapointment. I thought nothing is good about this game and expectaions was big.

After I gave it a chance for some time figured game is oposite then my previous opinion. Absolutely everything is made right here. Sneaking and sniping ratio is just right. levels are made good. Only bad thing happend in coop
    where enemies spawn from nothing on places you checked 10 seconds ago. If they remove that would be 10! Expand
  6. Aug 5, 2013
    After having so much fun playing V2, I thought I would give this a try. I downloaded it for $9.99 on Steam, and downloaded xpadder 5-3 so I could map my xbox 360 controller. I have a decent PC with AMD 7950 3GB graphics card. I max it all out and it is very playable. I have only played a few levels so far.It does have a more open feel from what I have seen so far.
    I like to be able to
    save when you want, although it is limited before it affects your score (Which I do not care about). I heard on the harder levels it may only let you 7 saves or something. I believe there are 4 levels of difficulty and I started with easiest to learn the controls and moved up one level. I assume it can get pretty darn hard as even on the 2nd level, you have to manage your ammo and bad guys sometimes do not appear until you have been shot. They will sneak around behind you and nail you or pop up on building roofs you already walked by. Some good sound effects of people screaming etc. All versions of this game need to have a scarier feel. I have seen some big rats and birds, etc. These games need civilians, injured and wanting of help. Would be good side mission stuff. I do get killed a fair amount, I need to learn to play slower. You do not just gain health in 3 secs like V2, you have a gauge that you can fill back up using med kits (which I like). Tanks are there with there caps (some of them). It still is sometimes confusing on exactly what it is the game wants you to do. I found the pistal not very usable at a distance I did find usable in V2. Sniping is still very fun, and has the slow mo bullet and pretty good reactions of baddie being hit. Over all, I would think if you liked V2, you would like this one. It is fun. Expand
  7. Mar 9, 2013
    This is a pretty bad game. The sniping is awful; Bullets dropping off at 30 meters totally ruins any attempt at realistic sniping. The environments are bland and repetitive, you'll be seeing the same buildings over and over again throughout the entire game. AI is weak and the sound effects are anything but accurate. It's a game based in WWII, yet you play as an American and go around disguised as a German shooting at Russians. The story is basically non-existent along with anything else that could make the game fun. Stay away. Expand
  8. Jul 27, 2012
    This game has so much potential and is good fun in its own way, but it falls short of what it could be. This is mainly due to clunky controls that have you looking down at your keyboard more than the screen, and some of the gameplay ruining what would otherwise be great fun. The computer AI leaves a lot to be desired, with enemies just running straight to where you've been hiding silently for 5 minutes. But the most annoying aspect is that if you make any noise that isn't covered by some shelling (and only your pistol is silenced) then every enemy for the rest of that level (however far away) will be spooked. This leads to constant re-loading just to have some proper sniping fun.

The sniping is by far the best thing, you just never get bored of the bullet camera showing you the enemy getting it right in the head in slow motion, and it's good that you have to adjust for bullet drop and wind. But this doesn't make up for the fact that everything in between running from sniping spot to sniping spot is annoying and hard work.

This is a brave and innovative game that just falls short in the way it is executed.
  9. Jan 22, 2013
    A game with sold mechanics and gameplay struggles with some areas being highly realistic and others not making much sense at all. A lot of potential but not quite there.
  10. Dec 25, 2012
    The best sniper game which i ever played. This game is not perfect, has a lot of errors, but gives a climat of WWII years. You can only imagine, what they felt at the time of WWII.
  11. Oct 11, 2013
    This is an amazing sniper game. I played it back on ps2, and I loved every minute of it. I played it a bit single player (which, by the way, I felt was a fairly high challenge), then I played some of the co-op (which is a bit easier). The games bullet physics work very well, as you have to calculate the gravity, wind, and heart rate into consideration. The levels have good variation, whether it is mainly indoors, in the city, or around large buildings, you will feel like you are usually in different areas. The stealth on here works pretty well, with a moment occasionally that makes you feel that you got spotted for no reason. Usually, however, you will find there is someone who could have spotted you, which makes these alerts seem valid. The stealth bar is not perfect, but that is because it has 25% intervals. The sounds of the game are okay. The objectives of the game are of good variety, whether it is something like escort, assassinate, etc. The one major downside I have found was that the enemies feel a bit too accurate. They can hit you with their PPSH from about 200 yards, which is a bit crazy. All in all, this is a very fun game that should not be overlooked. (Note: PC version has no co-op features. This would drop my rating to an 8.) Expand

1. Sniper Elite could well have been a terrifically good simulation of being a wartime sneaky fella had there been a greater sense of ambition displayed in the design process. As it is, you're left with a game that doesn't really offer a great deal more in terms of ammo delivery that we haven't seen done equally well in more popular, less subject-specific shooters. [PC Zone]
  2. Sniper Elite makes headshots a grizzly reward that becomes addictive and, because the battle is always weighted against you, filled with air-punching satisfaction every time you make a connection. Bravo. [Nov 2005, p.96]
  3. Elite excels at creating an atmosphere of paranoia and alienation... [Nov p.93]