5.8

1. Mar 12, 2013
    For me really entertaining game. Nice graphic (CryEngine 3), but textures and shadows are overdate, good optimization and gameplay. Game is a lot of better than Sniper Ghost Warrior 1. Developers doesn't have budget like Call of Duty or Battlefield, but game is cheaper. Easy, linear, but entertaining. For me 7+/10.
  2. Mar 12, 2013
    This game is actually surprisingly good after the first. Please ignore GhostsofWar he is obviously a SEV2 fanboy.

Pros-- -Great Visuals (CryEngine 3 baby) -Fixed AI (Ignore GhostsofWar he must just really suck... They are smarter with their attacks, they dont see you after you shoot from 500m away with a silenced rifle, They dont detect you when you are hiding pretty close with a

Pros--
    -Great Visuals (CryEngine 3 baby)
    -Fixed AI (Ignore GhostsofWar he must just really suck... They are smarter with their attacks, they dont see you after you shoot from 500m away with a silenced rifle, They dont detect you when you are hiding pretty close with a ghillie suit, they dont have aimbots, etc.)
    -Plays a lot smoother than 1st/less clunky gameplay
    -Smooth and clean menu
    -Way more sniping knowledge needed. aka less hand holding

Cons--
    -Minor bugs, but it is only 10 hours from launch at time of writing. Patches will come.
    -Multiplayer is very fun, but that is the most bugged. Very rarely connects to lobbies, 1 game mode, 2 maps. But when you do get in -and that's what I'm judging on- its awesome. And like I said before 10 hours in... Patches will come...

Would give 85/100 so rounded to 9/10. Giving 10/10 to counter GhostsofWar's clearly uninformed review.
  3. Jul 21, 2013
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 plays over 3 acts with approximately 4 scenes per act. Graphically, it's good, having played it on the Very High setting. Textures are crisp. A number of movie clips tell the story between the acts and scenes but the video quality is somewhere between poor and passable. At the end of each scene is a summary of your headshots and accuracy. It's linear and in manySniper Ghost Warrior 2 plays over 3 acts with approximately 4 scenes per act. Graphically, it's good, having played it on the Very High setting. Textures are crisp. A number of movie clips tell the story between the acts and scenes but the video quality is somewhere between poor and passable. At the end of each scene is a summary of your headshots and accuracy. It's linear and in many instances you face invisible walls, although this doesn't detract from the overall experience too much.

I got this one on a Steam special and played the single player through in 7 hours (according to Steam) but that includes an hour or two of it being paused, so it's quite short. I didn't try the multi-player.

On the whole, I enjoyed this game. There were moments of frustration because some checkpoints are quite far apart and dying means replaying up to 15 minutes, often several times.

Combat is mostly through sniping, but you have a silenced pistol and knife for performing stealth kills. Controls are standard for FPS games. Missing a shot will often change your objective from not being detected to fight your way through, although you usually end up dead when this happens. There were one or two instances where the story forces you to fight your way through by blowing your cover deliberately.

Act III was particularly fun to play, the best part of the game. Enemy AI varies between stupid and good, a mixed bag.

If you're looking for a casual (but short) distraction and can live with the checkpoint frustration, I recommend this game to FPS fans. Grab it when it's on special.
  4. May 26, 2013
    Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 was a huge improvement of the prequel, but is still missing several things.
    The singleplayer mode was entertaining, but very linear, scripted and overall short. It barely offered any space for choices, and if so, then only "If you fail A, then do B"-styled choices. Overall, the game got very repetitive over time, but this is probably the case with every sniper-themed game.

What I did not like was your lack of choice when it comes to rifles. I personally love the SVD Dragunow (and own one myself) and would have done every mission with it, but I start with my default army rifle every time. It's slightly frustrating.

I have played through singleplayer twice and encountered several minor bugs (mission markers not disappearing, white flashes of distant textures, etc.), but nothing gamebreaking. These should not keep you from buying it.

What bothered me was the lacking stealth aspect. Explosions and dead people everywhere and the AI doesn't notice. Your partner gets shot in the head while talking on the phone to him? No reason to alarm the others.

Compared to Sniper Elite V2, it is an actual sniper game this time, even though I personally preferred SEV2's bullet physics.
  5. May 8, 2013
    Good game IMO, but it need more singleplayer time, Multiplayer was good but not really fun to me, so i give it 7 for the good gameplay. But the downside of the game that the campaign is kind of bad.
  6. Mar 22, 2013
    bad lip syncing and voice acting, overall graphics were ok but not good. I encountered a lot of bugs while playing and it's still very scripted and linear. The sniper mechanic works great, but i expected a lot more
  7. Mar 17, 2013
    This games does exactly what it says on the tin. If you enjoy playing the noob tube you will like this game. It does what a sequel should do and improves on the 1st game in all departments. Graphically nice, good sound through a headset and can be quite immersive if you let it. Of course if you want to race through it you can but you will miss some of the atmosphere. Not the best game inThis games does exactly what it says on the tin. If you enjoy playing the noob tube you will like this game. It does what a sequel should do and improves on the 1st game in all departments. Graphically nice, good sound through a headset and can be quite immersive if you let it. Of course if you want to race through it you can but you will miss some of the atmosphere. Not the best game in the world but far from the worst, likewise not the cheapest but not a premium release either. I was niether blown away nor disapointed, sometimes you just get exactly what you pay for. Take it for what it is, deep breath and squeeze the trigger. I prefer this to V2 (which I also like) so goes to show it takes all sorts. Expand
  8. Mar 15, 2013
    S:GW2 is a nice-looking, fun, fast paced game with a quick but satisfying single-player experience. I don't know what's up with all the '0' reviews it looks like a Sniper V2 message board started a campaign to discredit this game. The problems with it aren't nearly as hyperbolic as the haters allege. There are bugs, and it is more action-packed than V2, but only one of those two items isS:GW2 is a nice-looking, fun, fast paced game with a quick but satisfying single-player experience. I don't know what's up with all the '0' reviews it looks like a Sniper V2 message board started a campaign to discredit this game. The problems with it aren't nearly as hyperbolic as the haters allege. There are bugs, and it is more action-packed than V2, but only one of those two items is a negative. I wish it was slightly less action oriented and a bit more tactical, but it's nice to have a spotter in the campaign (I don't recall if V2 has a spotter, but it's a must irl). Expand
  9. Mar 27, 2013
    NOW we got us a Sniper game with the additon of Siberian Strike DLC!! “IF” only CI waited the extra month and released all this together at 39.99 they would have scored much higher on reviews.. some may have reached 80/100!! I am quite content with the performance and their ability to listen to the community with the additon of hardcore and a few more Multiplayer maps! The new Campaign nowNOW we got us a Sniper game with the additon of Siberian Strike DLC!! “IF” only CI waited the extra month and released all this together at 39.99 they would have scored much higher on reviews.. some may have reached 80/100!! I am quite content with the performance and their ability to listen to the community with the additon of hardcore and a few more Multiplayer maps! The new Campaign now makes the game feel complete and a very well done campaign mission! So for the 40 bucks, which is under the cost of most triple A titles you get two missions in single player, 4 multiplayer maps and easy and hardcore modes… that is a game worth playing.. although dedicated servers would also be a big PLUS!! Obviously “Management” failed with the early release.. this team is “very” capable of making a good game and great looking scenarios! Now if they would only offer the “dismemberment” as DLC to areas capable of using it… sigh.. Thanks for the continued support CI… hope to see it continue! Expand
  10. May 23, 2013
    It is a good game, but the animations are not so good.

The game was short, but the MP maps are well made. There were a few glitches and bugs throughout the campaign but I liked the game.
  11. Mar 17, 2013
    Okay, I´m going to compare it to Sniper Elite V2. SEV2 was a very good game in my opinion, it deserves 9/10 points.
    But let´s focus on Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. Personally, I think this game is a bit underrated. People claiming it´s COD etc. But it´s not that bad. Sure, there are some minor bugs, which aren´t game breaking, but annoying. The gameplay however feels kinda linear. On the one hand, they made the levels like tunnels and the game tells you EXACTLY what to do...like a babysitter. On the other hand, you are allowed to do what you want to. You can play it like Metal Gear Solid and be super silent or you can make it COD style, running and shooting everything you see.
    Generally, it offers realistic elements of sniping, like bullet drop, the time the bullet takes to reach the target, wind and VERY bad visibility. It´s really hard to spot enemies that are far away, unless you use the heat-vision, which makes it a little bit too easy in my opinion. The AI isn´t bad either.
    Nonetheless, this game delivers some solid sniping experience, a storyline and, if you like the game, fun.

Seriously, I´m speaking to the developers right now: Please give us bigger levels, these feel so cramped...and more options, without telling us every second what to do.
  12. Jun 23, 2013
    this game is nice but a bit short. the sniping is great. the killcam is also pretty cool. the biggest problem in the game is that its too short. another problem is the story. the story is boring and only serves to move the action, another little complaint is the pistols which arent so fun to use. my last problem with the game is the graphics, theyre just not concictent. there are levelsthis game is nice but a bit short. the sniping is great. the killcam is also pretty cool. the biggest problem in the game is that its too short. another problem is the story. the story is boring and only serves to move the action, another little complaint is the pistols which arent so fun to use. my last problem with the game is the graphics, theyre just not concictent. there are levels were the graphics are god but there are levels were the graphics are mediocore. the graphics problem is also disapointing because the game runs on the cryengine, and they could have used it much better.
    if you want a sniping game, you should definetly take this, just dont expect a long and ingaging experience!
  13. Jun 2, 2013
    This is the first game in the sniper series that I have played and I have to say, I wasn't disappointed. Although the graphics were a little less than I was expecting, the game play and story did make up for it. The campaign took little over 5 hours to finish but it had a good story with believable characters and a plot twist that I genuinely didn't see coming.

I think Anderson was a

I think Anderson was a character that could have had a lot more depth to him, but as I said before this is the first game in the sniper series I've played and more could have been revealed in earlier installments. When going through the stealth parts of the game, I did get a bit of a rush when an enemy would walk past me and stop to check if he was being watched.

The HUD was nicely laid out and had a lot of detail on it, although I didn't seem to get a tutorial in how to read the wind direction and distance. This meant that much to my shame, I did rely fairly heavily on the aim assist red dot. However there was the odd occasion when the red dot hadn't come up yet and I had to take a shot myself, which was extremely satisfying.

This game mixes stealth with action and patience and is pretty well balance, I think it is a good game considering it has a short story and I couldn't get the multiplayer to work!

Overall I give this game 6/10
  14. Jul 18, 2013
    Not a bad game a bit short, very linear. But the story is OK and game play smooth and intuitive.

Would have been better if lean/peak was available and ability to pick up weapons from dead guys. Yes, this would potentially turn this into an FPS, but would also enhance the game. What is the point on facing hordes of enemy charging at you and not being able to pick up the Tavor next to you and level them down?!!!

Maybe there is scope (no pun intended) for a sniper-oriented CoD clone...

Good effort!
  15. Nov 9, 2014
    I'll give this game a solid 7/10. The first few missions in which the player is mostly directed by an AI target spotter companion mostly work, though the mechanic produces tense moments along side frustration on the odd occasion when the stupid spotter gets you detected by the enemy. That being said, the spotter mechanic provides an easy introduction in to the best method of approachingI'll give this game a solid 7/10. The first few missions in which the player is mostly directed by an AI target spotter companion mostly work, though the mechanic produces tense moments along side frustration on the odd occasion when the stupid spotter gets you detected by the enemy. That being said, the spotter mechanic provides an easy introduction in to the best method of approaching the various situations the game presents.

Though it uses the Crye engine the graphics aren't exactly the best that the engine can produce, a fault that I would imagine is caused by the fact that in addition to being developed for the PC the dev team had to accommodate the vastly lower technical abilities of previous-generation consoles. This also produces my main complaint about the main game - it's incredibly linear, almost to the point of being an on-rails shooter.

The Siberian Strike DLC freed things up considerably and while it's no FarCry 3, the DLC gives the player a much more diverse number of approaches to any given situation and far less hand-holding than the vanilla game and is a much more enjoyable experience for it.

Overall Ghost Warrior is one of the better portrayals of a military special ops sniper role for the PC and for that reason alone is an interesting game to play. Finally, I can't really comment on the multi-player aspects of the game as the few servers that I could get the game to connect to were empty. By now the game is entirely forgotten on line.
  16. Jun 22, 2015
    A thoroughly medicore and average FPS in every sense. The sniping parts are solid enough, but everything else is generic and uninspired. It's not an out and out bad but just not overly worth the time and price for the short single player and mostly dead multiplayer.
  17. Apr 1, 2013
    Piece of good work made by CI. This is just a good game! Good quality visuals (thou textures could be made in better quality). Great sounds!
    AI is on good level, not too stupid, but also not too smart :D
    Game is a little bit short, but we have a DLC, that adds next hours of gameplay. :D In the Siberia! This one is really great!
    Worth to buy, worth to play
  18. Apr 4, 2013
    I loved the first game in the series. One of the best stealth based game I've played actually, and it really had a unique online experience. Not like Call of Duty, not like Battlefield. Just snipers.

This game tries to hold up what the first game did but in my opinion, it failed. I actually thought this game was much worse than the first game. (Which I gave an 8) Pros: I'ts a great

Pros:
    I'ts a great sniper game. No doubt.
    It still have a great multiplayer mode.
    If you liked the first game, then you might want to try this out.
    Great graphics.

Cons:
    Nothing really new.
    Does not feel as good as the first game in someway.
    Feels more linear than the first game.
    Idiot AI

Conclusion:
    I see no reason why you should buy this game when the previous was much better.
  19. Nov 14, 2013
    I rate this 7.5/10, and am happy because I bought it cheap in this Steam summer sale.

- Good use of CryEngine 3. Some great sets; even Mt. Everest was visible in part of the game. - A little short - Checkpoint system rather than F5+F9. I had one place that took me about fifty goes to get to the next checkpoint. I expected more struggling, but it went smooth. - I liked the story,

- A little short

- I liked the story, and the immersion. I will most likely play it again, and aim to get Siberian Strike DLC, when it's on Steam sale. I like this and the first SGW. It felt modern and relevant: good fun.
  20. Jul 20, 2013
    There's nothing original but the mechanics aren't too bad ultimately though you won't feel at all "connected" to this game at any point, the story is best described as "meh" and there's no freedom. The pace is completely off okay, okay it's a sniper game... but it is just really boring the whole way though.
  21. Aug 2, 2013
    Osobiście liczyłem że nowy polski Sniper pokaże konkurencji jak powinna wyglądać prawdziwa gra o snajperach. Przeliczyłem się, to co wyszło to gra która została zrobiona na szybko bez przemyślenia. CI Games ponownie zasmucił nas nie wykorzystaniem swoich pomysłów. Kiepskie tekstury, wiele nudnawych misji i ciągnięcie gracza za rączkę(dlaczego??!! ja się pytam dlaczego) to rzeczy któreOsobiście liczyłem że nowy polski Sniper pokaże konkurencji jak powinna wyglądać prawdziwa gra o snajperach. Przeliczyłem się, to co wyszło to gra która została zrobiona na szybko bez przemyślenia. CI Games ponownie zasmucił nas nie wykorzystaniem swoich pomysłów. Kiepskie tekstury, wiele nudnawych misji i ciągnięcie gracza za rączkę(dlaczego??!! ja się pytam dlaczego) to rzeczy które totalnie niszczą tą grę. Myślałem że twórcy nauczą się po wydaniu pierwszej części jak powinny wyglądać gry, jednak niczego się nie nauczyli, wręcz uznali chyba że tworzenie gier to sztuka łatwa i nie trzeba wkładać w nią całego serca. Oczywiście w nowego Sniper da się jakos grać. Pomimo kiepskich tekstur, graficznie da się to nawet na to patrzeć, misje w których działamy na własną rękę są nawet przyjemne, a samo strzelanie jest bardziej realistyczne niż chociażby w ostatnim Sniper Elite. City Interactive musi się jeszcze wiele nauczyć. Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  22. Jun 28, 2015
    Not a crappy game, just has too much forced stealth moments that are just waiting to be broken! Thats probably the most fun i have with it. I don't really care much for whatever the campaign story is bringing me, doesn't really feel put together. It's graphics are very well polished and the environments are so beautiful, that's also something to enjoy.
  23. Mar 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. Very, very nice game. 3 version of the inbox. We love all the games are very successful. I believe that the only game in the area. Was really good, with a new CryEngine 3 game engine Collapse

The technical aspects are all below medium. When will the sniper shooter sub-genre catch a break? [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    It’s roughly the first Sniper with all its shortcomings, including strong linearity, repetitiveness, shallow story and inept multiplayer. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.52]
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    A dumb shooter that feels like a rubbish stealth section dragged out across the length of an entire game.