SOL: Exodus PC

7.1

1. Feb 2, 2012
    Absolutely loving it. While it doesn't necessarily evoke the feeling of any particular predecessor (such as my beloved Freespace 12), it has its own feel in the best possible way. The action is fast and frenetic, the ship is easy to control and most importantly the game is FUN. I've played with both the mouse and keyboard and with a joystick (my preference). I found both control schemesAbsolutely loving it. While it doesn't necessarily evoke the feeling of any particular predecessor (such as my beloved Freespace 12), it has its own feel in the best possible way. The action is fast and frenetic, the ship is easy to control and most importantly the game is FUN. I've played with both the mouse and keyboard and with a joystick (my preference). I found both control schemes easy to use, and fun to play. My only complaint would be that the radar can be hard to understand sometimes. The developers seem to be listening and responding to community complaints though, and I believe they are planning on releasing a patch to address that. All in all, this game is a blast, especially for $10. If you're like me and have been longing for a space shooter, you'd be crazy not to check this out! Expand
  2. Jul 19, 2012
    Has great support from the indie developers. They brought in joystick support which I applaud and they brought in a **** They plan to bring in more as they keep on patching. For the developers first game, I am impressed.
  3. Aug 14, 2012
    I am a huge fan of Decent Free-space and I am also now a huge fan of Sol Exodus. Very good content, although it was short the missions had great variety. I got this in a bundle and it was entirely worth the 5 dollars i paid. More like a 20 dollar value i would say. Very fun game-play, awesome space story, totally awesome space combat. I gave this 10/10 because the average score isI am a huge fan of Decent Free-space and I am also now a huge fan of Sol Exodus. Very good content, although it was short the missions had great variety. I got this in a bundle and it was entirely worth the 5 dollars i paid. More like a 20 dollar value i would say. Very fun game-play, awesome space story, totally awesome space combat. I gave this 10/10 because the average score is too low on this great story driven action space sim. Had some issues with sound effects, but otherwise flawless performance for a small time indie developer! Need more Free-space style games!!! Expand

1. CD-Action
    Jul 31, 2012
    Despite its very low price SOL: Exodus is a surprisingly good proof that even today a solid space combat sim might find its place on the market. [September 2012, p.63]
  2. Jul 9, 2012
    We don't see to many space shooters anymore these days. Unfortunately, SOL: Exodus is a bit of a disappointment. The AI isn't great and there aren't many challenging moments. It's a cheap little game though that will keep you entertained for a little while.
  3. Jul 5, 2012
    Those going into SOL: Exodus should be warned that it's a thoroughly average space shooter that doesn't innovate and is going to deliver a boilerplate experience.