7.0

1. Oct 5, 2011
    Extremely short, extremely shallow. Fun for 10 minutes, but then you start to feel like they forgot to put in a lot more that could have, like much more stages of planet evolution before advancing. Because of these problems this is hardly even a game.
  2. Feb 21, 2012
    I did not see the arrow things until much later, then I understood those were individual missions. i found the game very fun at first and the music great. But after 20 minutes I got bored, and the cost of the game became apparent to me. It seems the start of the game is fun and when you become a big Sun or a Black Hole....there is almost nothing left to do...and since I became good at becoming both of these stellar objects quickly...I quickly got bored. Its great for a 2D game, but honestly I can find these types of flash games for FREE all around the internet. Also what is with the attack system that attacks other solar systems at random? It felt so uncontrolled....the missions actually sound better than they actually play out since, you rely on things to just happen - you have no control over them. Expand
  3. Dec 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is an example of a good idea badly executed
    the game claims to place you as a god like entity in the universe however it forces you to play Juvenile games
    which includes "Stealing" another planet or fighting off pirates trying to settle on you
    it forces you to fight off other planets by "Bumping" them until they explode (mostly only you explode)
    the only good thing i can say about this is game is the cool physics based engine and for that the creator deserves a thumbs up
    the only thing that would make this game a good game is take the physics engine and build on it maybe some sort of cim city style game where you build the galaxy ,create nations on planets ,black holes ,nebula's ,and just watch life grow , maybe allow the player to "Throw" a planet into the sun ,or force one nation to attack another
    that WOULD be a god game set in the universe
    this game?
    its a game for 3 year olds
    and those with the desire to replay annoying missions over and over just to get some actual Godlike options
    for me they are not worth it
  4. Jan 8, 2013
    This is a fun game- for the first 15 minutes. I completed the game and never played it again. NOT AT ALL worth $10. As of this review, it's on steam sale, so get it now if you're going to. It's only fun for one playthrough which lasts only a couple minutes. This should just be a free browser-based game and it would get much better reviews.

1. Feb 13, 2012
    Interesting for one life cycle, but after the second Big Bang the universe offers nothing new. [Feb 2012]
  2. Aug 13, 2011
    7 quid is a good price for a universe. [Sept 2011, p.89]
  3. Aug 11, 2011
    As it exists now, however, Solar 2 is a simple space physics simulation with just a hint of a game, and building disposable arrangements of revolving circles quickly loses its novelty. [Oct 2011, p.79]