Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing PC

8.4

1. Feb 19, 2012
    I got this game because I wanted a fun kart racing game, and it is just that fun, quick and full of high end action, tons ot unlock and tons of events and all of the Sonic & Sega characters you can think of. It is worth your time, if kart racing is your forté.
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    This is an extremely fun game! The graphics (which give you an incredible setup) are superb, the sound is much better than most, and gameplay is awesome! The ability to split screen with another person is unique to pc players too. If you can find this for a really low price like I was fortunate to have? Grab it quick! You won't be disappointed at all!! The sense of racing is marvelous!
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    This is just an all around fun game. While geared more towards family entertainment an individual can enjoy this as well. The tracks are a blast as well as the overall gameplay. Racing controls and mechanics are spot on also. Reminds me of the old days of N64 when games were just a blast to play. The whole family will love it. Especially happy to see split screen on the pc. So many gamesThis is just an all around fun game. While geared more towards family entertainment an individual can enjoy this as well. The tracks are a blast as well as the overall gameplay. Racing controls and mechanics are spot on also. Reminds me of the old days of N64 when games were just a blast to play. The whole family will love it. Especially happy to see split screen on the pc. So many games lack split screen support on the PC while this retains it. People just don't realize that lots of gamers have there PCs hooked up to actual HD TVs with this new invention called an HDMI cable. PCs also have the ability to use 360 controllers, and PS3 controllers, and tons of other gamepads, both wireless and wired. I appreciate developers retaining all aspects of gameplay in the PC versions of their games. Expand
  4. Mar 17, 2011
    It's a Mario Kart clone, yes, but a very good one! The power-ups are good, and it *feels* like Mario Kart. There are lots of Sega characters, but the real stars of this game are the tracks, which are as crazy and dizzying as you'd expect for a Sonic game. In fact, I think it tops the Mario Kart series in that respect; Mario Kart's tracks were never truly clever like this. The single playerIt's a Mario Kart clone, yes, but a very good one! The power-ups are good, and it *feels* like Mario Kart. There are lots of Sega characters, but the real stars of this game are the tracks, which are as crazy and dizzying as you'd expect for a Sonic game. In fact, I think it tops the Mario Kart series in that respect; Mario Kart's tracks were never truly clever like this. The single player is a lot of fun. After you beat the basic game, there are lots of challenge races you can use to get points and gain access to more cars/tracks.

Visually, it's nice-looking game, though the cartoony style means it isn't too flashy. Much of what impresses visually is again the creativity of the levels, as opposed to the raw detail. Despite what another reviewer said, performance was excellent. I have a pretty low/mid system (HD5750) and got 60fps constant for the most part with AA and AF on through my video card's settings.

The biggest selling point for me? It features 4-player split-screen (on PC!), which is a blast. It has native support for 360 controllers, just plug 4 of them in to your PC. There is no online multiplayer, but I didn't miss it. A game like this is best enjoyed as local multiplayer, and split-screen is such a rarity on PC that it's more of a selling point to me than online would be.

Overall, a very fun game. You just don't get games like this on PC very often, and I really enjoyed it. Don't overlook it!
  5. Apr 26, 2013
    Quite a solid kart racing game. If you loved kart racing games, then you will like this one aswell. The only complain i have is the PC version dosen't have online mode. I don't know why they were so careless for PC, but whatever the case it still is enjoyable game.
  6. Jan 17, 2014
    this game abit more wacky tto play Sonic and sega all star racing is one most fav games that i enjoyed on pc with using my xbox 360 controller for pc itd grate and enjoyable to play
    the improvement that wish game had was multplayer
  7. May 28, 2016
    Very good racing game . Many characters, good crossover game . In this game unlocked Sonic, Tails, Eggman and not many, other you must buy for game money . I buy all characters and all trucks and passed all Grand Prix . This game worse than SAASRT, but amazing racing too . Very good trucks and characters, there are Grand Prix, Missions, Single Race and Shoping . Awesome graphics in thisVery good racing game . Many characters, good crossover game . In this game unlocked Sonic, Tails, Eggman and not many, other you must buy for game money . I buy all characters and all trucks and passed all Grand Prix . This game worse than SAASRT, but amazing racing too . Very good trucks and characters, there are Grand Prix, Missions, Single Race and Shoping . Awesome graphics in this game there are too and I think this game much better than Mario Kart Wii . Expand

1. Jul 8, 2011
    Ultimately a great arcade racing game that celebrates Sonic's 20th anniversary on iOS. A bit pricey, but worth it.
  2. PC Zone UK
    A few performance issues mar an otherwise fun little racer. [Aug 2010, p.87]
  3. A fun racing game if you have family or friends to play it with.