7.6

1. Dec 29, 2011
    I really do not like this game. Often compared to Star Control, it has neither the charm nor the entertainment of the game. It tries to imitate an old game style that died for a reason; it's not very good. The game starts off promising, shoots itself in the foot. The game is Repetitive, with a capital R, with such abysmal lack of content I don't understand how it got released in like so. You get maybe a handful of ships to play with, and the majority of them you will never use. At no point in time through playing the game did I ever concern myself with resources, as there was never any need. If you play well you're given everything you ever need. The missions feel tedious and the grinding for blueprints is aggravating, not to mention the restrictive modular system it presents. Why make such an amazing modular setup, then take it away, forcing specific pieces on the ship designs? So instead of getting a massive fleet of awesome variety, you get... cookie cutter setups. It makes the whole system feel a waste.
    Perhaps I am too hard on the game. It gave me 2 hours of entertainment! But afterwards, it felt so old, so repetitive.
  2. Jan 26, 2012
    Boring game with a score jacked by indie fanboys. Not a single thing here is new or innovative, unless you count repetitiveness as a feature. I would not recommend buying this game.
  3. AWG
    Jul 28, 2013
    Oh, look! A game set in space where you to read tons of witty text to learn how to build ships! And it got "Zombie" in the title! Not boring or ripetitive at all! SO indie and original!

1. Oct 3, 2011
    Admirable, but maybe not lovable. Requires stubborn determination on the part of the player. Then it's rewarding. [Nov 2011, p.50]
    If you're into strategi, roleplaying, action and science fiction, Space Pirates and Zombies offers a delightful mix that, once you've grown aquinted to it, offers an insane amount of playtime and catchy entertainment.
  3. Sep 8, 2011
    The germ of a cool game, not quite ready for prime time, but with plenty of potential if the right choices are made. [Oct 2011, p.90]