Spec Ops: The Line PC

8.2

1. Jun 28, 2012
    Weak mechanics. I've played this in parallel to Future soldier. Man this game is broken .. AI sucks, level design is awful.
    The feeling is ok, ending redeems itself somewhat. But the lack of options throughout the game really disconnects you from the main char. So I don't think it will be very memorable. it probably needed half a year of work to be a 8.5. That's where game design limits it.
  2. Jul 16, 2016
    Spec Ops does a lot right, the atmosphere and location are brilliant, the story is interesting, the characters are voiced well and have real character and it's backed by a solid soundtrack, the only real issue is the gameplay, and obviously that's a pretty big issue. Aiming feels weird out of the box, which means you have to edit config files to correct it and even then it's average atSpec Ops does a lot right, the atmosphere and location are brilliant, the story is interesting, the characters are voiced well and have real character and it's backed by a solid soundtrack, the only real issue is the gameplay, and obviously that's a pretty big issue. Aiming feels weird out of the box, which means you have to edit config files to correct it and even then it's average at best, the enemy AI is honestly awful, they run out into fire like lemmings constantly and half of the time just stand around while you kill them and moving in and out of cover feels clunky. The gunplay just isn't satisfying as a result.

Overall though it's an enjoyable experience and I do recommend it but only when it's on sale as it's also very short at around 4 hours.
  3. Jul 28, 2012
    The game has a really good story to it, and that was the only reason that made me play the entire game from start to finish. And at times left me just sitting in front of the pc and asking myself, "Could i have done things differently ?" On the other hand it's just a mediocre cover hugging shooter game that you just play so you will be able to pass from one part of the story to the otherThe game has a really good story to it, and that was the only reason that made me play the entire game from start to finish. And at times left me just sitting in front of the pc and asking myself, "Could i have done things differently ?" On the other hand it's just a mediocre cover hugging shooter game that you just play so you will be able to pass from one part of the story to the other and see what will happen next.
    The graphics(because they seem to be a big part of a players decision to buy a game) are really good, there are a lot of great scenery that you just stay there a little to look at them +for the graphics designers
    Overall, yes, it would be a good game to play, it really takes you into it, played it from start to finish in one day without stopping.
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    This game has it's strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn't call it a master piece, but it creates a distinct and interesting world that made me want to learn more about what's going on in the devastated city of dubai.
    It's story is different to what one would expect from a typical military shooter and that makes it worth playing.
  5. Jul 5, 2012
    Like many have said, the Shooting and cover mechanics are clunky and NOT the strength of this game. The game shines through in its narrative, the great story was the reason I continued to play. As someone who can quickly tire of a single player campaign this one kept me focused until the very end. However since there is a lack of replayability and multiplayer is nothing exceptional so ILike many have said, the Shooting and cover mechanics are clunky and NOT the strength of this game. The game shines through in its narrative, the great story was the reason I continued to play. As someone who can quickly tire of a single player campaign this one kept me focused until the very end. However since there is a lack of replayability and multiplayer is nothing exceptional so I cannot recommend this at full price. I picked mine up for $25. If you are looking for a single player game that is completely different from most "Rah! Rah! Go America" shooters, check this out. Finally having never seen "Apocalypse Now", I cannot compare the stories, however others have. Expand
  6. Feb 19, 2013
    Before you read the following, remember this: the games story IS incredible and mature. Basicly, the games gameplay is awful. It is a worse version of gears of war, but with tons of massive difficulty spikes that cause frustration. It is the frustrating at points, I ended up shoving a gamepad (gamepad controls ARE worse, the people are just retarded) and turning aim assist and easy modeBefore you read the following, remember this: the games story IS incredible and mature. Basicly, the games gameplay is awful. It is a worse version of gears of war, but with tons of massive difficulty spikes that cause frustration. It is the frustrating at points, I ended up shoving a gamepad (gamepad controls ARE worse, the people are just retarded) and turning aim assist and easy mode on (aim assist seems broken with mouse and keyboard) because even tho I am a good gamer, the difficulty is just BS at points. The story however is great, starting off by appearing to be a generic shooter story, it quickly progresses into a very dark story which constantly makes you second guess your actions. And aside from one point, the main character does not seem to just randomly do something evil to give this feeling, it feels very realistic, and gritty. The story is based loosely off heart of darkness, and I have heard from people that you will guess the shock twist if you have read it. But if you havn't, it is VERY shocking but makes sense. Basicly, I recomend either rent the console version, or buy it when you can get it for cheap, since the gameplay sucks. Oh, and the multiplayer is god awful, don't take it into account. Expand
  7. Apr 30, 2013
    spec-ops the line is overall a good game but a lot of the time your really bored from the uninspired story and gameplay. the gameplay in this game is boring. from a gameplay perspective it doesnt do anything new. the controls are a bit weird as well.
    the story isnt particularly bad, but it really generic in the first half of the game. the game starts good, and the dubai concept is cool, but then it gets bad and boring. after the first half though things start to get better. the story gets really deep, mature and touching. the story turns epic in the second half. so overall the story is good but it takes time untill you get there. the game also has player choice which make it really good. the game shows you the consequinces of your actions,even if they are bad(which makes the game much more mature and good)
    if you want a mature game that takes you seriously and shows you the consequinces of your actions, then you should buy this game. just expect few boring hours along the way.
  8. Jul 1, 2012
    I think the story was quite engageing and I fast felt like I was a part of it. One of the best features in this title is the story because it's quite deep and well writen. The graphics are pretty solid and what you would expect from a multiplatform game. However the things that drag this game down is the shooting part. The controls are quite bad and atleas I don't get any flow in myI think the story was quite engageing and I fast felt like I was a part of it. One of the best features in this title is the story because it's quite deep and well writen. The graphics are pretty solid and what you would expect from a multiplatform game. However the things that drag this game down is the shooting part. The controls are quite bad and atleas I don't get any flow in my movement due to a clunky cover system. But mostly it's the shooting part that doesn't tickle my fancy. To me it feels soulless and there are no feel of the weapons. But the game is atleast according to me a solid action experiance with a good and wellwriten storyline. Expand
  9. Jul 17, 2012
    This game's single player story is quite good. The controls feel clunky, but get the job done. On that note, let me say that overall the controls do not have a nice smooth feel, nor does the slide into cover mechanic feel as fast or have as much "oomph" as it should (a la Gears of War). The attack command did not seem to work at all other than when prompted on screen( i.e. I'd be sittingThis game's single player story is quite good. The controls feel clunky, but get the job done. On that note, let me say that overall the controls do not have a nice smooth feel, nor does the slide into cover mechanic feel as fast or have as much "oomph" as it should (a la Gears of War). The attack command did not seem to work at all other than when prompted on screen( i.e. I'd be sitting their trying to get my teammates to take out certain enemies and the command wouldn't work, I'd get shot, and have to kill the bastards on my own). The guns have no real distinguishing features (at least to me they don't other than perhaps vertical recoil) other than certain attachments (the p90 has a laser sight, the m4 has a suppressor, the scar-h has a grenade launcher, etc). On that note let me say that this is a gory game ( though it could have done it in a slightly more realistic way than headshots always ending in exploding skulls with geysers of blood and grenade kills turning people into giblets). The finishing moves become increasingly more brutal as the game's story progresses, which is a great touch. The AI (at least on normal) is acceptable as they occasionally try to flank you or flush you out with grenades ( on harder difficulties the enemy AI shines while the teammate AI is terrible ). Teammate AI is tolerable on normal and vastly inferior on harder difficulties. The sand mechanic is a nice touch. Overall the game's story is disturbing, well written, but lacks choices that truly matters , the controls are clunky, squad command didn't work (at least for me), the enemy AI on lower difficulties is a worthless, the teammate AI is worthless in general, guns and overall movement lack any visceral punch. Minus the technical flaws, the story alone is worth playing this game for. Expand
  10. Jul 22, 2013
    Don't believe the hype about the story. The gameplay is alright I guess but nothing amazing. I guess if you thought Bioshock was deep you might get into this too...
  11. Aug 10, 2013
    Why people praise this game as a model of story telling and a critique of modern shooters is beyond me. The story is super linear and full of scripted events which present the illusion of player choice but are painfully transparent. And a critique this is not. Instead, Spec Ops The Line is full of every stereotype of modern shooters. You have a simple cover based mechanic, corridorWhy people praise this game as a model of story telling and a critique of modern shooters is beyond me. The story is super linear and full of scripted events which present the illusion of player choice but are painfully transparent. And a critique this is not. Instead, Spec Ops The Line is full of every stereotype of modern shooters. You have a simple cover based mechanic, corridor level design even when outdoors, and while I admit the story had some surprising twists and memorable moments, it's all super predictable. Despite the short length I found myself wishing for it all to end so I could go play something else.

You have your standard military assault rifles and SMGs and the occasional grenade launcher or whatever. You have emplaced turrets that no console shooter would be without. You have rail segments where memorizing the pattern of enemies is the only way to survive. This game is shooter cliche central and NOT the masterpiece other user reviews present it to be.

Of course, no one is playing multiplayer anymore. If I had a dollar for every game this gen that tacked on multiplayer instead of creating a memorable and replayable singleplayer experience, I'd have a lot of dollars. Avoid this game unless you have a compulsion to play every shooter on the market.
  12. Aug 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It has some unique storytelling elements which I have not yet seen in any game so far. Spec Ops: the line does throw some scenarios which really makes the player feel bad about himself.

An example of this scenario was when I was looking down at running soldiers, trying to sprint away from the bullets which I and my companions were haling down onto them. They just ran, for their lives. They did not try to stop me, fight me or otherwise hinder me. They just ran. This left me feeling bad about myself, unethical in a way, to shoot people who just are scared.

The games way of throwing these scenarios at the player is the strongest point in the game. The game does not stop, it just continues like nothing. If you accidentally shoot a running civilian, fine, the game does not pause, does not give you a "game over" status, it just continues, but it left me feeling bad, almost dirty.

Dialogue is, meh. It gets to many thrown in the soup sometimes. However the conflict between the players two sidekicks are sometimes interesting.

Controls are broken. It becomes clear that this is a lousy PC-Port. The developers decided to bind several functions to one button. While this is logical on a controller there is no reason to do this on a pc.
    Clunky is the word to describe it. I got me killed a couple of times.

The graphics are impressive, which is to be expected from an UE3 game. It is not bad looking at all, but it is neither as good as the very top of some other games like Crysis or Metro: last light.
    Most impressive is the sandstorms who occasionally whips up tons of sand around the player, obscuring his/hers vision.

If the graphics are good, the gameplay itself is not. Combine weak AI (standard rush to death pattern), uninteresting guns, bad controls and one or two to many office-buildings to traverse, it is monotonous and repetitive.

What really grinds me is how the developers are using scripted-events a little to often.

On one scenario I am walking through a huge pile of dead people, and the restrict my movement for no good reason. It is like they are trying to say

"Look how horrible this is"

Well, I could find that out myself, thanks.

Spec ops: the line sure has its great moments, but it is never fun to play it.
    It has interesting ideas, and executes those well, but otherwise, it fails.
  13. Jul 28, 2013
    When you go into the menu screen of spec ops the line you think that you are going to experience a very typical MMS. Patriotic American music, near post apocolipticish, and shooting brown people. But, you soon find that this is not a typical MMS. It is much darker. The game has a very dark story line about rouge 33rd battalion of US soldiers killing civilians in Dubai after a sand storm.When you go into the menu screen of spec ops the line you think that you are going to experience a very typical MMS. Patriotic American music, near post apocolipticish, and shooting brown people. But, you soon find that this is not a typical MMS. It is much darker. The game has a very dark story line about rouge 33rd battalion of US soldiers killing civilians in Dubai after a sand storm. You are a group of three men trying to rescue the civilians but by doing so you need to kill you own men, and the game makes you feel bad for it. Also, in one mission, you have to use napalm on the 33rd's soldiers because you would die if you didn't. But it turns out they were trying to help civilians and in bombing them you bomb innocent civilians. The game then makes you go and look at their mangled up burn corpses. I won't go any further as I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Spec Ops: The Line is a game you experience rather than enjoy. If you enjoy this game you are most likely a psychopath and need to go and see a doctor.

Actual gameplay.

The gameplay in Spec ops: The Line is typical of any other shooter and lets the game down in many ways. Also the mouse acceleration is infuriating to the extent that I actually had to switch to an Xbox pad.
  14. Jun 27, 2012
    This game is yet another entry to the hide-behind-all-those-conveniently-placed-covers-and-shoot-from-there category. Graphically it is alright but suffers from being overly way too bright and the game play isn't anything that we haven't already seen before. At least the story tries to explore the horrors of war but unfortunately fails to deliver due to poor execution.

Overall a very

Overall a very mediocre shooter.
  15. Jul 1, 2012
    This game has a great story based on the "Heart of Darkness." The graphics for the characters and weapons are pretty good but the environments are very bland without too much texture or shadow effects. It was clearly meant to run smoothly on the current generation of consoles. The game is a third person shooter and the cover mechanics work well. But, any shooter is about the guns andThis game has a great story based on the "Heart of Darkness." The graphics for the characters and weapons are pretty good but the environments are very bland without too much texture or shadow effects. It was clearly meant to run smoothly on the current generation of consoles. The game is a third person shooter and the cover mechanics work well. But, any shooter is about the guns and this is where the game really is dissappointing. The guns sound very tinny and not even close to real life weapons. You know how people make fun of shooter games by saying: "Pew pew" and so forth. These guns actually sound like that!! Ha ha. It draws away from any immersive feel you were supposed to get. It may be worth a play through for the story but as a rental only. Check out Ghost Recon Future Soldier if you like this type of game. Ubisoft knows how to make this type of game. Expand
  16. Jan 11, 2013
    Bought the game for the story was pretty disappointed, I called the ending and story half way through and the game only lasts 4-6 hours. Gameplay mechanics are average, there's nothing really to comment on about them as they're really just average, you enter a room then you clear it. Gun variety sucks, and the only useful guns are Assault rifles. AI is stupid, often times your partnersBought the game for the story was pretty disappointed, I called the ending and story half way through and the game only lasts 4-6 hours. Gameplay mechanics are average, there's nothing really to comment on about them as they're really just average, you enter a room then you clear it. Gun variety sucks, and the only useful guns are Assault rifles. AI is stupid, often times your partners will just run in your line of fire or shoot people from out of cover and die. Level design is your typical TPS fare, you see cover you know there's an encounter soon. The game is overall underwhelming the story while different, isn't all that great and the game does nothing to set itself apart from it's peers other than story. Expand
  17. Jan 12, 2013
    I shall list some good and bad points about this game. First of all, the gameplay, the cover mechanics are average, however, the game does have some really nice slow motion effects in the gun-play. I wouldn't exactly call it bullet time, because there is not that much of it. For instance, after shooting an enemy in the head the game will go in slow motion for about one or two seconds. TheI shall list some good and bad points about this game. First of all, the gameplay, the cover mechanics are average, however, the game does have some really nice slow motion effects in the gun-play. I wouldn't exactly call it bullet time, because there is not that much of it. For instance, after shooting an enemy in the head the game will go in slow motion for about one or two seconds. The graphics are really nice, but if the game had anti-aliasing they would look a lot better! In the game you can make choices, however they do not have a big effect on the game. The storyline is very good, but some people may find it a little confusing. One of my MAJOR criticism's of this game is the fact that the gameplay time is only FOUR HOURS! (the campaign) Sure, you can replay it to experience the effect of different choices, but it's four hours! The multiplayer certainly isn't this game's strong point, as it is quite bad to be perfectly honest. With all of these points taken into consideration, I believe this game deserves a 7/10. Expand
  18. Jan 8, 2013
    Story is ok, but nothing really special. Graphics and sound mediocre. Gameplay is not entertaining at all. I would recommend to buy on sale, or skip entirely ;)
  19. Feb 9, 2013
    An average game. Not a masterpiece, but actually a good game. This game has a good story (not so great or impressive as someone says), but sometimes seems to be a little confused. The graphic is not bad but also not great, just average and functional. The sound is maybe the worst part of the game. Weapon sounds are too dull and quiet. The soundtrack is anonymous and banal with only the USAn average game. Not a masterpiece, but actually a good game. This game has a good story (not so great or impressive as someone says), but sometimes seems to be a little confused. The graphic is not bad but also not great, just average and functional. The sound is maybe the worst part of the game. Weapon sounds are too dull and quiet. The soundtrack is anonymous and banal with only the US anthem that "stands out". Gameplay works good, but the game as some annoying bugs, like the stupid penetration of some surfaces (sometimes you can be hit also if are beyond a concrete wall), and there is a unresolved bug about sound in cutscenes.
    In the end, is a good game, worth money if you buy it for less than 15€. Sometimes frustrating, but is a good game.
  20. Jul 29, 2013
    A typical example of a "graphics don`t make a game". This is actually the 3rd game in the last 5 years I uninstalled before beating it. I got few hours into it before I could make final judgement. 3 hours into this and nothing new comes up anymore. Basicly it`s just a game of shootout cutscene shootout line. There is no variety with the shooting, the sceneries are blend and uncreative.A typical example of a "graphics don`t make a game". This is actually the 3rd game in the last 5 years I uninstalled before beating it. I got few hours into it before I could make final judgement. 3 hours into this and nothing new comes up anymore. Basicly it`s just a game of shootout cutscene shootout line. There is no variety with the shooting, the sceneries are blend and uncreative. The weapons are just fine, but there is too few of them to make a difference in game experience. Ammunition is VERY scarce, so the player often runs around with no ammo, even when he preserves it by scoring single shot headshots repeatedly. The player faces the same 3 vs hordes of AI shootouts which are just silly. The AI is stupid, the wingmen AI is even worse. There is a ton of cheap deaths caused by wingmen not covering you, out of ammo, being stuck in a map corner you thought was interactive. The controls are very simple yet often the player character does exactly the opposite you want him to. The two things in this game that stand out are the story and the graphics. Dialogues are nice, all 3 chars have their own personality. The city of Dubai looks epic, what goes on in its ashes is often brutal and sad. Make no mistake war is hell, as always. However, those good sides would make a good movie, but the game-side of this one is just poor and completely ruins the atmosphere. All in all a very frustrating experience for which good movie-like features of Spec Ops The Line simply do not compensate. 5 out of 10. Expand
  21. Jan 9, 2013
    A game who's sole claim to fame is it's story, As someone who already knows war hero fantasy and or the "realistic shooter" genre is ridiculous and anyone who takes it seriously is equally ridiculous I found the story unnecessarily preachy. It's methods for displaying visuals and sounds as metaphors for the "heroes" mental state was clever but not groundbreaking. The action elements wereA game who's sole claim to fame is it's story, As someone who already knows war hero fantasy and or the "realistic shooter" genre is ridiculous and anyone who takes it seriously is equally ridiculous I found the story unnecessarily preachy. It's methods for displaying visuals and sounds as metaphors for the "heroes" mental state was clever but not groundbreaking. The action elements were much worse, the AI is average at best and so the gun play gets repetitive. All in all this title should be played for it's story, and even then it's preachy and self righteous overtones are going to annoy some people. Expand
  22. Jun 29, 2012
    Another one of 'those' games. You are in third person, you get swarmed by enemies, you take cover, you shoot the enemies and move on. Rinse and repeat. Very mind numbing even though it is not a bad game.
  23. Jul 7, 2012
    Sounds, storyline and graphics are okay. The only and the biggest problem is that this game is a CONSOLE PORT. The cover system is horrible, i dead a lot becouse i can't take cover.
  24. Jul 6, 2012
    There is only one way to describe this game: An average shooter. There is no innovation in game play. It is the same exact run and shoot anything that moves game. The campaign is forgettable and the characters bland. Multiplayer is mildly entertaining for a while but do not expect to be entertained for more than a couple of days. It is not the game so much as the genre that is at fault.There is only one way to describe this game: An average shooter. There is no innovation in game play. It is the same exact run and shoot anything that moves game. The campaign is forgettable and the characters bland. Multiplayer is mildly entertaining for a while but do not expect to be entertained for more than a couple of days. It is not the game so much as the genre that is at fault. All shooters are the same and this one, being no different, is not worth recommending. Expand
  25. Dec 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After having read all those reviews I expected more from the story.
    It has something to it but the choices you get don't really have an impact. Often the game forces you to "accidentally" kill civilians and then plays the morality card on you. For example: -take out the army base with a mortar, last target is close to a civilian camp. Abort the mortar fire and go in on those remaining 2 soldiers? Nope, not allowed.
    -decide if a soldier or a civilian has to die! Go instead for the snipers that force you to make this decision? nope
    ....
    Besides the game is very repetitive. Enter a room, clear all enemy-waves, while being constantly low on ammo, proceed to the next room and do it again....

Overall it is not a bad game but it does not shine either
  26. Jul 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics are mediocre. HOWEVER, the storyline in this game is fantastic. It is dark, gritty and sad. Don't expect any happy moments in this game. The sound in the game is also decent, however the gun sounds could use some work (in my opinion). Get this game, it's worth your time just for the great and interesting story.
  27. Aug 22, 2013
    Mediocre or worse in every department, INCLUDING the story. A so-called 'PC game' that feels so totally like it was made for a Playstation 2. A straightjacket of incredibly narrow spaces and choices. A 'Man's game with all men character's, unending-until-you-puke mach- monologuing by all the characters. Terrible camera. Terrible level design. Terrible shooting mechanics. Terrible cover.Mediocre or worse in every department, INCLUDING the story. A so-called 'PC game' that feels so totally like it was made for a Playstation 2. A straightjacket of incredibly narrow spaces and choices. A 'Man's game with all men character's, unending-until-you-puke mach- monologuing by all the characters. Terrible camera. Terrible level design. Terrible shooting mechanics. Terrible cover. Terrible controls. Terrible 'moral choices'. The story is pumped full of overbearing male testosterone and its pretensions of moral depth are an exercise in vapid nihilism. Games like this are basically a waste of a time. Go for a walk in the park, read a book, see a concert, climb a mountain, drink with friends. Anything is better than this game. Compared to its genre competitiors, like 'Gears of War', 'Halo', 'Call of Duty', 'Battlefield' or Far Cry this game is complete garbage. An FPS game lives or dies according to its combat controls and these are easily the worst in that department in recent memory. 'Oh but you must play to the end, because the end redeems the horrible game' cry many reviewers. They lie. The journey is the destination. One would have to have a huge separation from the real world to find this story interesting. I'd rather play dating games with my gay squad members-Bioware style than endure another playthrough of this. To kill or not to kill? The answer won't be interesting if the question is not real. And its not real!

28. May 15, 2014
    Apocalypse Now on steroids in the desert. Fairly satisfying gun-combat action, with an above average story loosely based on Heart of Darkness. Not much in the gameplay department other than pushing through linear levels and wiping out waves of enemies. If you like your military shooters, have a shot.
  29. Sep 20, 2012
    Great atmosphere, incredible immersion (yet with a bit foreseeable final)... and terrible, unbalanced shooting mechanics. This game combines very realistic plot with unrealistic gameplay, where you just have to kill a swarm of enemies and proceed forward. Oh, with a lot of reloads from time to time, as the controls are disastrous. Kill, go forward, reload, kill, go forward, reload. *Sigh*Great atmosphere, incredible immersion (yet with a bit foreseeable final)... and terrible, unbalanced shooting mechanics. This game combines very realistic plot with unrealistic gameplay, where you just have to kill a swarm of enemies and proceed forward. Oh, with a lot of reloads from time to time, as the controls are disastrous. Kill, go forward, reload, kill, go forward, reload. *Sigh* If Battlefield 3 had a similar story, it would be the best game of all times. Unfortunately, Spec Ops: The Line is not Battlefield 3. It's just another shooter, albeit with a GREAT story. Yager! Improve the shooting mechanics and make a sequel! Expand
  30. May 3, 2013
    Outstanding story, presentation and voice-work that is unfortunately brought down by mediocre, generic third person gunplay with clunky controls all wrapped up with repetitive level design. Spec Ops: The Line could've been so much more but ultimately, it's a decent, satisfactory shooter that'll entertain if you're sick of FPS titles and crave something a little different.
  31. Jul 30, 2012
    Where is the love? I don't want to give a good story away, so I'll talk about what I liked. Graphics are good, but the story as mentioned is great! It definitely sucked me in and this was definitely a game for me to replay at least the end to get all the endings. I also think this game is a work of art. I also can't remember another game that has told me, 'If you were a better person,Where is the love? I don't want to give a good story away, so I'll talk about what I liked. Graphics are good, but the story as mentioned is great! It definitely sucked me in and this was definitely a game for me to replay at least the end to get all the endings. I also think this game is a work of art. I also can't remember another game that has told me, 'If you were a better person, you would not be here' or said something like, What is necessary and what is good are the same. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    Spec Ops: The Line tries new and interesting ground on storytelling, but falls short on the action department. Still, it's worth playing through for the atmosphere and few different endings alone. [Aug 2012]
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Aug 31, 2012
    Were it not for some technical issues and console-related shortcomings (gamepad controls and no anti-aliasing), Spec Ops: The Line would be one of the best games for 2012. But, things being as they are, it remains merely a diamond in the rough, destined for wicked crazy status within the following years. Definitely superior to the related series of Kane & Lynch, it proves that, with a steady vision and soul, a genre so clichéd like military shooters, can not only surprise us pleasantly, but totally overwhelm us. [August 2012]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Aug 10, 2012
    Expectations were greater than game could have achieved. Yet the new Spec Ops game is a good excuse to stay home and play. [Issue#220]