7.2

1. Sep 12, 2010
    This isn't a Valve Game!This isn't a Valve Game! ! Expand
  2. ScottH
    May 8, 2009
    This game is an appalling insult to the original. After buying this through Steam, I ended up digging out the original and playing it instead. The new version is clunky, has poor views, plays terribly and has a menu system that couldn't have been worse if they had tried. All they had to do was remake the original, touch nothing and make it pretty. However they chose to add dodge and This game is an appalling insult to the original. After buying this through Steam, I ended up digging out the original and playing it instead. The new version is clunky, has poor views, plays terribly and has a menu system that couldn't have been worse if they had tried. All they had to do was remake the original, touch nothing and make it pretty. However they chose to add dodge and charge functions and they really messed up the gameplay. How this pile of rankness got released in this state is a mystery to me. Avoid like the plague, this is painful to play. I'm still playing the original by the way. Expand
  3. JamesM
    May 17, 2008
    This game is pretty, but has occasional stutter, and is a resource hog (1gb RAM, 512MB Vid card, and still running low on virtual memory... might be a memory leak). Was a little disappointed that there was no manager game style, like there was in the PS2 version some years ago, as this would have been very easy to implement. Also, I disapprove of Powerups/Coins disappearing when a goal is This game is pretty, but has occasional stutter, and is a resource hog (1gb RAM, 512MB Vid card, and still running low on virtual memory... might be a memory leak). Was a little disappointed that there was no manager game style, like there was in the PS2 version some years ago, as this would have been very easy to implement. Also, I disapprove of Powerups/Coins disappearing when a goal is scored. A very lackluster effort. The Bitmap Brothers must be rolling over in the graves (and they aren't even dead yet). Hope patches come out soon to fix these issues. Expand
  4. SebastianJ.
    Dec 13, 2007
    As much fun as the original.
  5. DaveyH.
    Dec 20, 2007
    I adored the original Speedball out on the ps1, and i kept playing it until i couldn't anymore (disc got abit too scratched) and i even played it more than other ps2 games like GTA, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry etc. I love this new game, made it look really good and its available for the PC, so YEAH IT ROCKS!!!

1. The beloved and well-balanced gameplay has been approached with care and reverence, but changes and tweaks have been made to keep everything in line with modern expectations.
  2. A few little hiccups along the way could easily be resolved in a patch or two, and even though the game is published via Steam, Speedball 2: Tournament an essential purchase for those who fancy a trip down memory lane, while those who have never experienced the delights of the original would do well to pick up a copy and give it a try.
  3. Of course, we wouldn’t change the core gameplay for the world, and we’re glad it hasn’t been messed with here, but more options for tweaking and a few more game-modes wouldn’t have gone amiss.