7.2

1. ScottH
    May 8, 2009
    This game is an appalling insult to the original. After buying this through Steam, I ended up digging out the original and playing it instead. The new version is clunky, has poor views, plays terribly and has a menu system that couldn't have been worse if they had tried. All they had to do was remake the original, touch nothing and make it pretty. However they chose to add dodge and This game is an appalling insult to the original. After buying this through Steam, I ended up digging out the original and playing it instead. The new version is clunky, has poor views, plays terribly and has a menu system that couldn't have been worse if they had tried. All they had to do was remake the original, touch nothing and make it pretty. However they chose to add dodge and charge functions and they really messed up the gameplay. How this pile of rankness got released in this state is a mystery to me. Avoid like the plague, this is painful to play. I'm still playing the original by the way. Expand

1. The beloved and well-balanced gameplay has been approached with care and reverence, but changes and tweaks have been made to keep everything in line with modern expectations.
  2. AceGamez
    A few little hiccups along the way could easily be resolved in a patch or two, and even though the game is published via Steam, Speedball 2: Tournament an essential purchase for those who fancy a trip down memory lane, while those who have never experienced the delights of the original would do well to pick up a copy and give it a try.
  3. Of course, we wouldn’t change the core gameplay for the world, and we’re glad it hasn’t been messed with here, but more options for tweaking and a few more game-modes wouldn’t have gone amiss.