5.9

1. Jul 22, 2012
    This expansion is a vast let down. If you love the previous spell force games, just give them a replay. This game is short, yet tedious and has literally 3 stores for you barter with. There are occasional fun parts reminding me of the previous titles, but with me saving character points while searching for weapon types all the way till the disappointing ending, I just can't recommend this game.
  2. Jun 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't sum up the game fully within 5000 characters so: http://pastebin.com/LzyvaD9x

In short, its not Spellforce, the story is terrible, they add new characters with no backstory claiming its not important to have one, the game is short consisting of only 4 maps, the design of the new characters and enemies is awful, though that's my opinion and it just insults people that care about the series, the only reason it doesn't get a 1 out of 10 on here is because it has things I like, but they are all the things copied from the other two games. There was no effort put into this and it ends on a horrific cliffhanger and even goes out of its way to disregard plot/lore from the previous games. Avoid this one like the plague, pick up Shadow Wars or Dragon Storm instead.
  3. Jul 9, 2012
    I completely understand subjectivity in user reviews, but "professional" critics are those that disappoint me ever so often. I played all Spellforce games (expansions included) and LOVED every single one of them despite all the flaws, bugs and such. But this one is different. This game somehow managed to distort all those pleasant memories into something horrible. I'll keep it short. ThisI completely understand subjectivity in user reviews, but "professional" critics are those that disappoint me ever so often. I played all Spellforce games (expansions included) and LOVED every single one of them despite all the flaws, bugs and such. But this one is different. This game somehow managed to distort all those pleasant memories into something horrible. I'll keep it short. This game is a DISASTER. It has been so long in production maybe I expected much more, or maybe at least the same we got 5 YEARS AGO! Graphics aren't the problem, this game sucks on so many levels, there's nothing new besides a couple of new (enemy) units, story is horribly generic and uninteresting, it's TOO SHORT, voice-over is BAD, cut-scenes are garbage, everything looks like some unfinished product of developer's barren minds.

I regret ever buying this game, if you're a fan of the series my recommendation is DON'T BUY and rather play Shadow Wars and Dragon Storm, they're diamonds compared to this BS.

1. Sep 10, 2012
    Below average and short with a few bugs. Pretty much everything about this game says "substandard".
    "Disarming" is not enough to describe this RPG. Six years ago Faith in Destiny would have achieved a great success but for today's standards it's to obsolete and featureless. [Issue#220]
  3. Aug 8, 2012