7.9

1. Sep 5, 2013
    The mechanics, environments, and art design are imaginative and beautifully realized, but the gameplay fails to keep the player entertained and intrigued for very long. Collecting all the dolls, finding all the solutions, and completing all the hi-jinks may be enough for some, but will easily bore others.
  2. AWG
    Jul 26, 2013
    Quite a surprise. I was expecting a lame indie conceptual game but I got an original and surely well-tuned adventure instead. There's lots of things to do, and the graphics are really interesting.
  3. Aug 2, 2012
    I have always loved Double Fine since Psychonauts... but I really didn't enjoy this game. I can tell it's a really well done puzzle game - unique, innovative, and tricky in certain parts . I just didn't have fun playing it. It may be because puzzle games aren't exactly my cup of tea, but it still didn't do much to try and grab my attention. If you're a puzzle game fan, then by all meansI have always loved Double Fine since Psychonauts... but I really didn't enjoy this game. I can tell it's a really well done puzzle game - unique, innovative, and tricky in certain parts . I just didn't have fun playing it. It may be because puzzle games aren't exactly my cup of tea, but it still didn't do much to try and grab my attention. If you're a puzzle game fan, then by all means check this out. If you aren't though, stay away. Expand
  4. Mar 12, 2012
    Stacking is an intelligent and charming puzzle game with adventure elements. It has semi-open-ended solutions - not entirely dissimilar to deus ex. The visuals are charming except for the framerate which is capped at 30fps - this causes me to experience eye strain. Double fine know charm and wit, what they need is an understanding of what pc gamers need. Score open to change based onStacking is an intelligent and charming puzzle game with adventure elements. It has semi-open-ended solutions - not entirely dissimilar to deus ex. The visuals are charming except for the framerate which is capped at 30fps - this causes me to experience eye strain. Double fine know charm and wit, what they need is an understanding of what pc gamers need. Score open to change based on future patches. Score when issues are fixed = 8/10. Expand

1. Jun 28, 2012
    Effortlessly enchanting, deviously creative and stacks of inventive puzzle solutions make this a game worth getting into.
  2. May 28, 2012
    Well-designed, brimming with beautiful and intelligent puzzles, a simple yet smoothed-out plot and of course, Tim's wackiness. [June 2012]
  3. May 24, 2012
    Stacking is a great "sandbox" game for kids and adults alike. It tests your patience rather than wit, though, and after defeating The Baron, there is no reason to come back to it.