8.7

1. Oct 12, 2011
    What could be more interesting real life place to make a video game about? Area of Tsernobyl of course! It's such a shame, that there barely even is games about it, but at least it's still more than fresh place to make a game about. Call of Pripyat is the third Stalker game in the series, which I had never played before. The story isin't really anything amazing. You are have to find outWhat could be more interesting real life place to make a video game about? Area of Tsernobyl of course! It's such a shame, that there barely even is games about it, but at least it's still more than fresh place to make a game about. Call of Pripyat is the third Stalker game in the series, which I had never played before. The story isin't really anything amazing. You are have to find out why helicopters have crashed to Tsernobyl, which is now filled with people hoping to become rich by finding rare artifacts. You don't need to have played previous games. You can roam around freely the exciting areas of the game, though you are limited to go only few places during the start of the game. The atmosphere of the game is outstanding. It looks like you're in a abandonded area filled with radiation, and feels like it. Unfortunely stalkers talk with '' Yo bro wuzz up?! '' style, which breaks the atmosphere a little. NPC don't also some times attack mutants, which are trying to attack you. The game has simulation feel too. You need to eat food or you will starve to death. You need to heal yourself from wounds, though it only needs use button and nothing else to fix the wounds. If not counting the easiest difficulty, you will die really easily, forcing you to think when you should fight or not. The graphics of the game isin't that good now days, but even my crappy computer was able to run it fine with some settings set to maximum. The gameplay is great, the sound design is almost as good, the game takes increadible amount of time to complete (33 hours, I had spent time doing some side quests too) and I found myself playing it a lot of time even after it, what I usually don't do. I recommend it from the bottom of my heart, if you don't want to play arcade shooters. Expand
  2. Apr 16, 2013
    I don't just give this game a 10 because i like to give zeroes and tens in general. I give it a ten because i am playing it for the past several months, and that's including the fact that i have started all over six times.
    Any game that keeps me playing it for over a hundred hours is definitely a ten for me. Even Fallout 3 didn't keep me in for so long So, why is that?
    The
    The atmosphere! I played hundreds of games, and no game can claim a better, and more realistic atmosphere than the STALKER Series. When you play it you ARE the Stalker, you ARE in Chernobyl, and you ARE surviving. Simple as that.
    I use SGM Sigerous Mod for Call of Pripyat and simply cannot stop playing.
    10/10!
  3. Dec 30, 2011
    I've had a special relationship with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. titles from the beginning. They all have technical short-comings and have the obvious effects of an insufficient budget: the game isn't polished enough and loses pace as you get closer to the end. But, at the same time, they offer a unique experience that no other game I know of can deliver: survival in a hostile world. Sure, lots ofI've had a special relationship with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. titles from the beginning. They all have technical short-comings and have the obvious effects of an insufficient budget: the game isn't polished enough and loses pace as you get closer to the end. But, at the same time, they offer a unique experience that no other game I know of can deliver: survival in a hostile world. Sure, lots of games put you in hostile, stressing worlds, but they always look out for you. STALKER doesn't, causing you to really submerge into its world. You can roam away from safety in a rainy night and and accidentally walk into powerful mutants without the visibility to fight them if you want. You have to learn not to. You have to pack your own weapons and supplies every time you leave your safehouse, because the world is not guaranteed to provide. And all of this happens in a open world. Wait until the moment you find yourself tagging along a random sandbox-style patrol, because you're out of ammo and you can hear the mutants running in the bushes near you. This is survival. Expand
  4. Ari
    Dec 25, 2009
    A very impressive addition to the STALKER franchise, this is what Shadows of Chernobyl ought to have been right off the bat. Call of Pripyat manages to take all the best parts of Shadows of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and third-party modifications like Oblivion Lost, and fuses them into a highly enjoyable experience. The new quest system is much better thought out than in previous games; A very impressive addition to the STALKER franchise, this is what Shadows of Chernobyl ought to have been right off the bat. Call of Pripyat manages to take all the best parts of Shadows of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and third-party modifications like Oblivion Lost, and fuses them into a highly enjoyable experience. The new quest system is much better thought out than in previous games; instead of simple fetch quests or kill X or Y Stalker missions, you're treated to actually interesting scripted events, memorable characters, and unique settings. If you're a fan of the STALKER series, this is not a game to pass up, and while newcomers might be slightly baffled as to the plot (It contains many throwbacks to the previous titles in the seires), the gameplay is streamlined in a way that can appeal to a much broader audience than the other titles in the series. Highly recommended. Expand
  5. Oct 9, 2010
    The first game, "Shadow of Chernobyl", was truly amazing. It brought something new and different to this kind of genre. Even though the second game, "Clear Sky", can be considered a step backwards to the series, it never got boring to play and actually it was better than the previous game in some areas. But "Call of Pripyat" is beyond perfection. OK, maybe 'perfection' isn't the rightThe first game, "Shadow of Chernobyl", was truly amazing. It brought something new and different to this kind of genre. Even though the second game, "Clear Sky", can be considered a step backwards to the series, it never got boring to play and actually it was better than the previous game in some areas. But "Call of Pripyat" is beyond perfection. OK, maybe 'perfection' isn't the right word, but it's definitely the best S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game to date. Every single aspect of the game was revised and improved. Now there is no reason why I (or you) shouldn't play this game for weeks and love it. Expand
  6. Feb 5, 2011
    AMAZING game, I will not waste time saying the things other reviews have already said so I'll just start off saying: the caches are cooler, you can upgrade/repair equipment, amazing open world, and I am once again proud of GSC for not giving in to the "release DLC everywhere for all of our games" craze other developers seem to have jumped on. Only thing that could have possible improvedAMAZING game, I will not waste time saying the things other reviews have already said so I'll just start off saying: the caches are cooler, you can upgrade/repair equipment, amazing open world, and I am once again proud of GSC for not giving in to the "release DLC everywhere for all of our games" craze other developers seem to have jumped on. Only thing that could have possible improved this game, would be a lot more sidequests in pripyat (which in my opinion has the best atmosphere in any area of all the stalker games so far) Expand
  7. May 18, 2012
    What a great game. This title takes the very best from the previous games and adds just enough new stuff to make it feel fresh and new. Although not as horror-based as Shadow of Chernobyl the atmosphere is still as appealing as ever when you're out in the open, alone in pitch black darkness with only the strange howling and noises accompanying you as you hunt the areas for treasure. BeingWhat a great game. This title takes the very best from the previous games and adds just enough new stuff to make it feel fresh and new. Although not as horror-based as Shadow of Chernobyl the atmosphere is still as appealing as ever when you're out in the open, alone in pitch black darkness with only the strange howling and noises accompanying you as you hunt the areas for treasure. Being a big fan of gameplay over everything else I can't really think of anything wrong with this game, at least not enough to ruin the experience. There were a couple of times where I got stuck in a mission where I had to do something completely unrelated in order to solve it and maybe the main story is a bit short but that will not in any way take away the fact that this game is good. if you liked SOC you are going to love Call of Pripyat Expand
  8. Dec 30, 2010
    STALKER:CoP was an enjoyable sequel to STALKER:SOC and even though many people say that this is how the first STALKER should have been, I must disagree with that statement. CoP has indeed less bugs, more balanced gunfights etc but at the same time I feel that it has lost much of what made STALKER the game series it is. I enjoy the large scale open maps but what I don't enjoy is that theSTALKER:CoP was an enjoyable sequel to STALKER:SOC and even though many people say that this is how the first STALKER should have been, I must disagree with that statement. CoP has indeed less bugs, more balanced gunfights etc but at the same time I feel that it has lost much of what made STALKER the game series it is. I enjoy the large scale open maps but what I don't enjoy is that the big area has not been used properly. No stalkers roaming around, no stashes to be found (except the ones you get on your PDA), Scavenging has been reduced. It feels empty and it's sad since CoP has such a great atmosphere and environments that could have gotten better wild some more life into it. But Shadow of Chernobyl stays, for me, at the top and Clear Sky stays second on the list of STALKER games but CoP is still a worthy sequel and if you are a STALKER you shall not leave CoP un-played! Expand
  9. Apr 13, 2011
    Highly recommend it to RPG fans, and even shooter fans, if i can use three words to describe Stalker, they would be: Atmospheric, addicting, and scary. The action is great, but what really captivates me is the atmosphere of the zone, and the various enemies you encounter. What i mostly love is the AI of the mutants and enemies, more unpredictable, more challenging than most other RPG gamesHighly recommend it to RPG fans, and even shooter fans, if i can use three words to describe Stalker, they would be: Atmospheric, addicting, and scary. The action is great, but what really captivates me is the atmosphere of the zone, and the various enemies you encounter. What i mostly love is the AI of the mutants and enemies, more unpredictable, more challenging than most other RPG games and shooters, though fire fights can be few and far between, that's really what keeps them interesting IMO. Although I wish the game world had more underground to it, and I wish more of the buildings were explorable. Also wish the game had a bit more interactivity to it, ending was, eh...but still good game. Expand
  10. May 10, 2011
    A modern masterpiece. This game will go down beside Ocarina of Time as a must on every gamers top 5 games of all time list. The atmosphere is second to none. You don't play STALKER, you experience STALKER. The graphics and enviroments are impecible. The shooting is gritty, realistic, and unforgiving. Guns and ammo have weight, restriciting what you can carry. Guns actually have recoil,A modern masterpiece. This game will go down beside Ocarina of Time as a must on every gamers top 5 games of all time list. The atmosphere is second to none. You don't play STALKER, you experience STALKER. The graphics and enviroments are impecible. The shooting is gritty, realistic, and unforgiving. Guns and ammo have weight, restriciting what you can carry. Guns actually have recoil, giving them a powerful feel. Quests are varied. The game is long. One instance you will be part of a sneaky expedition to kill some rival army members. The next, you are exploring a cave and hiding from mutants. Next, you might be just strolling through the streets of Pripyat, not knowing what's coming. It is an unique experience and a pinnacle of gaming. Expand
  11. Mar 17, 2011
    The third episode is far the best one ! I loved it, progression is very good, upgradable weapons, you can now sleep in many places, you have to manage the food, going to the zone in the night is very dangerous. The new labs are very creppy ! And the monster are still dangerous. There is no more faction war, but you can choose to help the duty or the liberty at some time.
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    Compared to Shadow of Chernobyl, this actually feels like a real breathing world, with intelligent A.I. This game makes SoC look like an uninspired mess, with uninspired quests.

The ambience is way better, the quests are way better, the AI is way better. No more annoying loading zones and fences that limit your movement in the area. I definitively recommend this for anyone who is willing to be completely imerged into the game, unlike Shadow of Chernobyl, which I didn't like at all.
  13. Jul 3, 2011
    Remember the original STALKER? It was a little buggy, made you walk long distances and often murdered you unexpectedly. Remember the terror of getting irradiated and running into your first invisible creature?
    Call of Pripyat brings all of that back and improves on it, everything is tighter, smoother and less buggy - that is not to say, without it flaws, but now with flaws you can forgive. Don't expect amazing graphics, you aren't playing Crysis 1 (or 2), secondly you should expect the occasional bug and glitch - sometimes you may get snippets of dialogue that should have been translated from the original Russian. But if you can forgive the game these minor faults you will have a great time.

What's been improved since the first game? Factions, firearms, missions, everything is back and it's all better. Your guns still deteriorate so you have to keep them repaired if you don't want unexpected jams, however you can now upgrade your weapons with enough cash and parts, but each gun and armour has an upgrade tree which depending on the mods chosen lock off other parts of the tree. You might spec for reliability in a weapon so you have to repair it less, but to do so you might trade off some accuracy or recoil, or maybe ammo/clip size. You are still affected by your carrying capacity but some armour mods allow you to up that, it all comes together perfectly. The atmosphere is still tense and moody, and get ready to run for cover when a pulse even happens, enemies are still deadly (especially the human foes) and the game has a good difficulty curve. If you go into this game looking for another triple A title like FEAR or Crysis, you will be disappointed this game doesn't have the spit and polish that either game has. But what it does have is a robust upgrade tree, RPG elements, excellent atmosphere, a compelling storyline and a fascinating open world with a myriad of ways to tackle problems. It's not flawless, but it makes up for that by being challenging and fun.
  14. Jul 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It will usually take 15 hours if you just plow through the game (No exploring or gathering better equipment), but will become increasingly difficult later if you do so. The game was meant for exploring a lot of areas and gathering better weapons and suits. Although the area is still based off from Shadow of Chernobyl, there's new stuff to find and many more missions and side quests to go on. I found the ending to be sort of disappointing, as there seems to be only one ending (On what I find).

**A BIT OF SPOILERS ABOUT THE DISAPPOINTING FIGHT AT THE END**
    As soon as you're into the center of the zone, you don't even have to move. Just shoot at the enemy with a special weapon repeatedly. The game will end when he is done with. For some odd reason though, you can also travel through some warps, and fighter another bunch of Monolith soldiers. The boss will start traveling around the area, and then eventually the ground at a random location. Even if he is at a place where you cannot reach, shooting randomly causes him to die off anyway. Either way you go, taking the long and hard way to defeat him doesn't change the ending, neither did you need to take the long way at all. The extra work doesn't really pay off, and it wasn't really needed. Overall, the game was okay for me, and it was really a challenge when I was lacking equipment. But I think that made it much more fun in the long run.
  15. Jul 15, 2011
    Call of Pripyat's oozing with atmosphere, the bullet physics are some of the best in any FPS out there (the nuances in bullet trajectories is really apparent once you start customizing your firearms), and the dialogue is entertaining and completely believable while still being informative. Also, it's fun to explore the myriad mysteries the expansive and nicely detailed Zone has to offer.Call of Pripyat's oozing with atmosphere, the bullet physics are some of the best in any FPS out there (the nuances in bullet trajectories is really apparent once you start customizing your firearms), and the dialogue is entertaining and completely believable while still being informative. Also, it's fun to explore the myriad mysteries the expansive and nicely detailed Zone has to offer. When your roll all that up, you get one of the most immersive and exhilarating gaming experiences out there.

P.S. Folk shouldn't compare this game to others like CoD and Crysis, 'cause it's got its own unique thing going.
  16. Aug 2, 2011
    Over the years I have played through all the STALKER games. This one is by far the best. The best atmospheric PC experience one can have. GSC has built on the other two games and created an experience, not just a game. One can say that a little passion; will go a long way for a developer. The level design is great; its nice to see a more open ZONE and a move away from the more linearOver the years I have played through all the STALKER games. This one is by far the best. The best atmospheric PC experience one can have. GSC has built on the other two games and created an experience, not just a game. One can say that a little passion; will go a long way for a developer. The level design is great; its nice to see a more open ZONE and a move away from the more linear experience of the first two games. The story is good, sometimes its nice to have a more strait foreword story like COP. This game is by far one of the least known gems in video gaming today. I cannot wait for the next game in the series. Expand
  17. Apr 8, 2012
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call Of Pripyat is, simply put, one of the best open world FPS games there is. Everything about the game is great, the atmosphere, the progression, the item collecting. Not only that but the game is scary, really scary, but that does not mean that every time you leave a safe area you are going to be peeing yourself, it means that when the game needs to be scary it can be. CoPS.T.A.L.K.E.R Call Of Pripyat is, simply put, one of the best open world FPS games there is. Everything about the game is great, the atmosphere, the progression, the item collecting. Not only that but the game is scary, really scary, but that does not mean that every time you leave a safe area you are going to be peeing yourself, it means that when the game needs to be scary it can be. CoP also has many elements of an RPG. There is a great inventory system, lots of weapons and armor, lots of modifications for those weapons and armors, and so much more. Simply put CoP is one of the best games on the market. Expand
  18. Apr 13, 2012
    I really love this game.. I finished it about 3 times (the last time with extreme difficulty).. This game is very realistic and fantastic!! The enemy AI is really smart and advanced. I hope with all my heart that Stalker 2 becomes a reality.
  19. Jul 11, 2012
    Incredible game, never player anything like it, highly recommend. Brings the best out of both the previous games, whereas keeping its individuality, moving forwards with the interface and immersion, without allowing a single bug to ruin the moment, this game can simply go on forever, long missions with secret caches and different ways to approach the mission, unlike the other STALKER game.Incredible game, never player anything like it, highly recommend. Brings the best out of both the previous games, whereas keeping its individuality, moving forwards with the interface and immersion, without allowing a single bug to ruin the moment, this game can simply go on forever, long missions with secret caches and different ways to approach the mission, unlike the other STALKER game. When some people simply shrug this off as an expansion, they are so very very wrong. Expand
  20. Oct 12, 2012
    S.t.a.l.k.e.r CoP brings improvements to the game with some goodies, such storms, where you have to find shelter, you can modify weapons-equipment and even more weapons. Unlike Soc however that sense of loss the zone can give you has gone. it seem more easy. Anyway there are still many scary moments.
  21. Dec 13, 2012
    Best in the series. This has the best main plot with a Fallout 3-style ending that changes depending on your actions in game. Very atmospheric with plenty of side quests that reward exploration and help flesh out the lore of the locations. Has a lot of depth with gun play and survival mechanics, requiring you to eat food while in the field and keep yourself bandaged up to avoid bleedingBest in the series. This has the best main plot with a Fallout 3-style ending that changes depending on your actions in game. Very atmospheric with plenty of side quests that reward exploration and help flesh out the lore of the locations. Has a lot of depth with gun play and survival mechanics, requiring you to eat food while in the field and keep yourself bandaged up to avoid bleeding out. Call of Pripyat stands on its own feet and doesn't require any previous experience with the series; a must play for any FPS fans. Expand
  22. Jun 9, 2013
    As a guy, who live in Ukraine or the country where Chernobyl is, I am excited about this game. The unique atmosphere that is transferred to other players and the engine of the game allowed us to enjoy this game at maximum. There are some miserable bugs that I close my eyes on, because this game stays as the one of my favorite games that I played.
    However, the only thing I really didn't
    However, the only thing I really didn't like is the narrow amount of weapons in the original stalker. Still, this problem was solved for me, when installed couple of global modes on the game.
    Stalker is not just the game that allows you to change or add the weapons. It allows you to change the global way of playing, so that you don't have play the game when it gets annoyed.
  23. JordanK
    Jan 10, 2010
    Absolutely the best of the STALKER games. It combines the best portions of the original and the ill-fated prequel, and brings with them almost none of the issues. While not as revolutionary as the original, it does take it a significant step forward not only in terms of story, gameplay, but also in atmosphere. The expansive levels are packed with secret caches and various nooks and Absolutely the best of the STALKER games. It combines the best portions of the original and the ill-fated prequel, and brings with them almost none of the issues. While not as revolutionary as the original, it does take it a significant step forward not only in terms of story, gameplay, but also in atmosphere. The expansive levels are packed with secret caches and various nooks and crannies to explore, and the game goes to great lengths to encourage sandbox game-play. While not without it's flaws - actual gunfights are few and far between, and the ending is, while better paced then Clear Sky's finale, a gigantic, unexpected ramp up in terms of difficulty, but if anything it's a fitting end for the first sequel to ShoC - and the multiple endings will give the game plenty of replayability compared to ShoC and CS, if the following free-play mode doesn't that is! Expand
  24. KrayzieB.o.n.e.
    Jan 14, 2010
    STALKER Call of Pripyat is a very detailed and atmospheric welcome to the STALKER series. The game play has made a 180 degree turn back in favor of STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl game play where exploration and item management are key. Lots of side quest that have purpose instead of go get this or go eliminate that. The games graphics are amazing and the game itself installs and runs without STALKER Call of Pripyat is a very detailed and atmospheric welcome to the STALKER series. The game play has made a 180 degree turn back in favor of STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl game play where exploration and item management are key. Lots of side quest that have purpose instead of go get this or go eliminate that. The games graphics are amazing and the game itself installs and runs without all the bugs and patches of previous versions. The amount of gun fights has been turned down in this version but playing on a high difficultly level will make each encounter seem brutal. Also the NPC A.I. is incredible they search for artifacts, raid dead corpses, and make great combat decisions against. Expand
  25. Jan 2, 2013
    This is my first ever review on Metacritic. Having used the website for years, I've never actually written a review until now.
    Reason being is that this game is truely unique and I believe that people should at least try a STALKER game at some point in their lives.
    I love this game, even in spite of it's flaws. I personally think that it's the best of the 3 STALKER games, due to the level of polish that the previous games never quite reached (Especially Clear Sky, which I think is the least significant title in the series) as well as it's increased graphic abilities - DX11 support etc.

I spend hours at a time on this game, roaming Chernobyl, just to explore the World. To be quite honest, I've barely touched the main story. I've just spend the most part of my time on the game exploring the World and completing various side-quests for money - there is simply so much to find in Chernobyl. As well as this, the curious as rewarded rather generously - during your travels, you will come across little treasure troves known as "Stashes". These "Stashes" provide you with a range of resources. Sometimes, you'll find a couple of cans of food. Other times, you may discover a new rifle for your arsenal. These stashes are a great addition to the game, and add a bit of reward for people like me, who simply like to explore.

Now, I have to admit that I play a modded version of the game, known as "Misery", which enhances the game in a number of ways, but the Vanilla experience is still stellar. However, I would recommend the "Misery" mod to anyone with a reasonably powerful PC looking for a second play-through, as it changes the mechanics of the game in a number of ways, whilst completely reinventing other areas - graphics, sound effects etc.

Unfortunately, there are a few issues that can disrupt your playing experience, and there are a few design choices that will scare away some players altogether.
    Firstly, in contrast to the "classic" RPG trend, there is no level system, ie, you do not earn experience and you do not level up. Similarly, there are no aspects such as "Perks" or "Skills" like those found in other RPG games. Some people will not like this at all. Personally, I find it enthralling and more realistic that your competence in this wasteland is down to your equipment and expertise - rather than being able to tank your way through the game loaded with perks and skills. Similarly, there is no issue with level scaling, as there is no leveling system. (You won't find yourself killing everything with one punch like in other RPGs, where you could be a level 50 character battling with level 10 enemies).

On the more technical side, there are a few problems with the Vanilla game's optimization - it is awful. To remedy this, you can use any of the many overhaul mods on the Internet, such as the "Misery" mod I mentioned earlier. Others include "Call of Pripyat Complete". All of the mods that I have tested have yielded better graphics, whilst also maintaining a high frame-rate than the Vanilla game.
    Another issue is that the game is sometimes very reluctant to operate on 32-bit PCs with less than 4gb of RAM - But there are mods on the Internet that fix this. The overhaul mods aforementioned also bypass this problem.
    I have no problem here, as my PC is a 64-bit PC with 8gb of RAM.

Aside from it's technical issues, which can be overcome with patience and the right mods, this game is something that any RPG fan should try out at some point. I'll probably never finish this game, as it is just too damn fun to just walk around finding stashes and killing mutants. If you're a fan of "apocalypse" RPGs, such as Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, I would strongly recommend this game.
  26. CL
    Jan 26, 2010
    No other game series has ever caused me to continuously talk about it for weeks on end. My friends are now getting so used to hearing me talk about STALKER that they automatically assume anything random sounding coming out of my mouth as STALKER related. Call of Pripyat is no difference, and brings the atmospheric survival horror fps up another level. Look forward to when the mod No other game series has ever caused me to continuously talk about it for weeks on end. My friends are now getting so used to hearing me talk about STALKER that they automatically assume anything random sounding coming out of my mouth as STALKER related. Call of Pripyat is no difference, and brings the atmospheric survival horror fps up another level. Look forward to when the mod community gets a hold of CoP. Expand
  27. Nov 14, 2010
    This game is better than average and provides many more hours of entertainment than the standard FPS.

Pros: Polished game play compared to S.O.C. Once you get it setup properly there are very few if any bugs. Plenty of side missions that provide good rewards. Decent combat and tactical missions but much less of it than in S.O.C. Cons: The Armor: You have three choices for the first

Pros:

Decent combat and tactical missions but much less of it than in S.O.C.

Cons:

The Armor: You have three choices for the first 50% to 60% of the game; crappy armor, slightly better than crappy or the best armor in the game. This could have been balanced out with more options.

The Zone can get kind of monotonous after a while.

There is a lot of empty space on the map - it may seem large but exploring does not have much of a payoff other than medical supplies and lower to mid- tier weapons for the most part.

The weapon grades for resale - it sucks picking up a weapon and not being able to get anything for it unless you repair it to 100% and than only make 10% off the deal. Overall it was worth the money I paid for it and all of the cons can be fixed with mods if you are inclines. I actually gave it a 7.5 but rounded it up for prosperity.
  28. Sep 6, 2011
    The first S.T.A.L.K.E.R game, Shadow of Chernobyl, is a ten in my books. Call of Pripyet is a solid addition to the series after the flaky Clear Sky came out. What gives Call of Pripyet the legs to stand along side the original is the improved gameplay and continually surprising atmosphere. My only gripe with this installment is the story does not hit as hard as the original (keeping inThe first S.T.A.L.K.E.R game, Shadow of Chernobyl, is a ten in my books. Call of Pripyet is a solid addition to the series after the flaky Clear Sky came out. What gives Call of Pripyet the legs to stand along side the original is the improved gameplay and continually surprising atmosphere. My only gripe with this installment is the story does not hit as hard as the original (keeping in mind that you get the proper ending with the C-Conciousness business). Pripyet also feels short as if there were parts missing or some side quests taken out. I loved Call of Pripyet and felt back at home in the zone, but in all honesty this game could have been an expansion instead of a stand alone addition to the series. I have very high hopes for the next installment because Call of Pripyet seems to be going down the right track. Expand
  29. Dec 1, 2015
    Good open world game in post apocaliptic world
    . . .
  30. Feb 4, 2011
    About a year ago I bought a game called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat. I knew that it was a great game (since I played CS and SoC) but to be this good I didn't think it would be. Sure it's got some drawbacks (Atmosphere is not as good as it's predecessors, no factions) but these are only minor, and everything else (Weapons, graphics, audio, characters,...) is just perfect. But, if that isAbout a year ago I bought a game called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat. I knew that it was a great game (since I played CS and SoC) but to be this good I didn't think it would be. Sure it's got some drawbacks (Atmosphere is not as good as it's predecessors, no factions) but these are only minor, and everything else (Weapons, graphics, audio, characters,...) is just perfect. But, if that is not enough for You than you can just download some of the mods for the game and make your game beyond perfectness. Have no doubts, this is a perfect game. (your first words will be: "Holy Sh??") Expand

1. GSC’s third attempt at creating a post-apocalyptic world reinforced my belief that PR is the only thing this company does best.
  2. Great atmosphere, but the game looks outdated and has some flaws.
  3. Call of Pripyat may not look as stunning as CoD:MW2 or Crysis, but it's still a very atmospheric, seizing and refreshingly different shooter... just like its predecessors that is. So if you consider yourself a fan of the series: Got get Call of Pripyat! It's definitely the best part of the saga.