2.3

1. Oct 5, 2014
    Average console port. Controls are a bit clunky, your partner sometimes gets stuck during co-op moves (forces restart from last checkpoint), and not a large variety of weapons to use or skills to upgrade. But good enough for a $5 buy. Long enough campaign and decent storyline too.
  2. Mar 17, 2014
    Technical issues: The Video Game

Pros:
    Lens Flares

Cons:
    Full of bugs and glitches
    Dull shooting
    Animations

Don't play it at all, even if someone gives it to you for free. Avoid it
  3. Jan 23, 2014
    This game too gud for review, it was best gameing experiance i evar had. Spock was so hot all the way throu the whole gam. Same with Captain Kirk. I likd how the AI could go throu peeple and stuf. Can't wait for sequel
  4. Jan 23, 2014
    This video game was so great it felt like it was stealing my virginity. Playing through the levels gave me constant waves of orgasms. Kirk and Spock's voice acting was so great it pierced my rectum. I wish i could give it a higher score.
  5. Jan 18, 2014
    This is a movie game so I guess I should have expected this to be a piece of **** but it wasn't so bad, I mean the co-op was nonfunctional at release, and even now it's not that good, the story is lame, and pointless, and it has a ton of bugs, but the voice acting from the cast of the J.J. Abrams Star Trek movies is good, but not worth the price of admition.
  6. Nov 27, 2013
    Anyone who says this game is a "copy" Well it is. So are a lot of other games. Did you guys expect them to piss off a few million dollars to make a game engine specifically for this game? Co-Op Works for me, and I've only ever encountered 3 bugs. Maybe if you don't TRY to break the game, it wont break? Food for thought!

Anyway, the voice acting is good, and I DISLIKE what the story have

Anyway, the voice acting is good, and I DISLIKE what the story have done to the Gorn (Gorn are NOT other galaxy things that want to eat Vulcans!) Although there are good use of objectives, and the Noncombat objectives make it feel a lot more like Trek. Overall this is a good game, fun to play, and enjoyable.

The controls are somewhat strange, however, after the first gameplay event/mission, its fairly simple to get used to.

On the other hand, the Gorn are idiots. They try to hide behind objects, but are too big, Honestly I don't have a problem with them charging at me like an idiot though, just when they try to hide behind 2inch thick poles. AND You can tell your partner to take cover, or stay behind. So stealth missions ARE NOT impossible.

I love the tricorder. it is an amazing gameplay mechanic. And the world spaces are beautiful. Another good mechanic is the weapons. Having the upgradable weapons, along side of the weapons you can pick up off the ground and use. There is enough variety to allow for several different play styles, from rapid-fire, to snipers, to shot gunners.

Although it does have some glitches that can impede progress where you will have to go back to an earlier place, but there are enough checkpoints where it does not mater THAT much.

However, the game WAS NOT worth the $50 it was released at. But for $20 the game is decent.
  7. Oct 28, 2013
    I also don't see why people are giving this game a zero or 1. Its not a 9 or 10 either, it could of been spectacular if not rushed to meet the movie deadline. I would rate it "Worth Playing" if you can get it on a deal. The voice acting is really great. Pine and Quinto did a good job and it was enjoyable to play. The combat wasn't perfect but I did enjoy this game and I played itI also don't see why people are giving this game a zero or 1. Its not a 9 or 10 either, it could of been spectacular if not rushed to meet the movie deadline. I would rate it "Worth Playing" if you can get it on a deal. The voice acting is really great. Pine and Quinto did a good job and it was enjoyable to play. The combat wasn't perfect but I did enjoy this game and I played it all the way through. If a game boring, doesn't hold my interest, or its a crap game I don't finish it, I finished this one. Expand
  8. Sep 12, 2013
    I enjoyed this game. I am not sure why all the negative reviews. It has a decent story line and simple but fun game play. Maybe most of these people don't like Star Trek
  9. Aug 27, 2013
    We finished this game cooperatively on stream. We don't want to touch this game again so... the game had it's glitches. It was alright but as much time as this game had in Production. These game glitches are inexcusable.
  10. Aug 17, 2013
    Well.... this game was different.... it felt like I was helping a intellectually disabled person progress to the next objective. Really it felt like the game was only half finished. Some parts were okay... but it's still honestly a let down. I don't understand how this game even left the studio? I think some people did favours to get this one through. Anyway, play if you MUST though spokWell.... this game was different.... it felt like I was helping a intellectually disabled person progress to the next objective. Really it felt like the game was only half finished. Some parts were okay... but it's still honestly a let down. I don't understand how this game even left the studio? I think some people did favours to get this one through. Anyway, play if you MUST though spok doesn't like you in this game. Expand
  11. Aug 5, 2013
    The AI sucks. I thought it was a co-op game? Bugs everywhere and story line. Don't waste your 29.99$ on Steam even though some of them praise the game a lot. Be honest, the AI really sucks.
  12. Aug 2, 2013
    Mamy świetne gry o Star Warsie, mamy Mass Effecta, oczywiście brakuje tutaj tylko porządnej gry ze świata Star Treka. Jak w każdym przypadku, jak i tutaj, nie udało się po prostu wsadzić znaną markę do słabej gry i osiągnąć sukces.Co prawda grafika i fabuła, W MIARĘ dają radę, to już samo AI, bugi, niedopracowania, nudna kampania, głupie mini gierki i niewykorzystany potencjał klimatu StarMamy świetne gry o Star Warsie, mamy Mass Effecta, oczywiście brakuje tutaj tylko porządnej gry ze świata Star Treka. Jak w każdym przypadku, jak i tutaj, nie udało się po prostu wsadzić znaną markę do słabej gry i osiągnąć sukces.Co prawda grafika i fabuła, W MIARĘ dają radę, to już samo AI, bugi, niedopracowania, nudna kampania, głupie mini gierki i niewykorzystany potencjał klimatu Star Treka całkowicie niszczą tą grę. Muszę się przyznać. że bardzo chciałem aby coś z tej gry wyszło, oczekiwałem nareszcie dobrej gry powiązanej ze światem Star Treka, jednak ponownie, przeliczyłem się. Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  13. Jul 28, 2013
    A shining example of how NOT to make a video game. The voice acting may be good, but the gameplay is crap, and so are the graphics. While there is some high production value here and there, ultimately, textures are low res, gameplay is wonky (with a cover system that utterly fails), and story is unoriginal. Also, co-op did not work for nearly a week on PC. At least it didn't have always-onA shining example of how NOT to make a video game. The voice acting may be good, but the gameplay is crap, and so are the graphics. While there is some high production value here and there, ultimately, textures are low res, gameplay is wonky (with a cover system that utterly fails), and story is unoriginal. Also, co-op did not work for nearly a week on PC. At least it didn't have always-on DRM (I'm looking at you Diablo III and SimCity). Expand
  14. Jul 25, 2013
    This game was so close to be a great game, great experience. Unfortunately it stopped in the middle of the way. Great VA, great soundtrack, amazing sceneries, good combat but on the other hand, dull graphics, so many glitches, bugs. Star Trek fan will enjoy it but for other ppl, its just an average game, if given time, it could be a lot better.
  15. Jul 21, 2013
    The gameplay feels like a good third person action/shooter and integrates great mechanics such as the gliding phases or the swimming ones and the tricorder scan feature gives a motivation to explore and find out information about the various species or about the weapons. The Co-op is really fun (not much co-op games are enjoyable as this one) and the voice acting is superb. The graphicsThe gameplay feels like a good third person action/shooter and integrates great mechanics such as the gliding phases or the swimming ones and the tricorder scan feature gives a motivation to explore and find out information about the various species or about the weapons. The Co-op is really fun (not much co-op games are enjoyable as this one) and the voice acting is superb. The graphics are good and the game does not suffer of extreme bugs, apart for some sporadic A.I. problems (enemies). I give 6/10 to the plot and 10/10 at the great Giacchino's soundtrack. Expand
  16. Jul 20, 2013
    **DISCLAIMER: I did not buy this game until July on the Steam summer sale. Some valid issues that people have had may have been addressed via patch(s) since the original reviews from launch**

So many poor reviews, so many band-wagon uninformed. The game is certainly not as bad as people seem to want to portray it. The biggest issues are the rather minor, sometimes annoying gameplay problems, and the AI is certainly not very smart; but, there are many games that fail in that department. It would seem that this game was needlessly targeted by those who do not know, understand, or care about the heritage of Trek gaming.

The game is far from "bad" and is entertaining at the very least. While it is certainly not worth the release sticker price, it is not bargain-bin material either. The graphics are okay, they can hold hold their own, but are nothing to write home about. The sets looks nice, and the texturing is good, but the effects (explosions and such) are sub-par. The biggest graphical issue I noticed was the animations, They look rather lackluster and awkward at times and the mouth movement on the voiced sequences are not very convincing. Other than the above the graphics are not too shabby, just don't expect Tomb Raider or Crysis III quality.

As far as gameplay, the combat feels good, so long as it is at a distance. When enemies get close aiming can be a chore (or impossible) to hit them and melee is not good at all. Movement (running, jumping, and maneuvering) feels normal for a 3rd person shooter (Other than the awkward animations). The cover mechanism that some complained about is not as bad as they would have you believe; for me, it works fine. The overall combat is not far off from Mass Effect, it just lacks the polish. Puzzle-solving scenarios are included, though they are rarely difficult and take a back seat to the action in comparison to ST titles such as 25th anniversary.

The story is actually pretty good, better than the hot-mess disaster known as "Into Darkness". Without major spoilers, It has you facing the Gorn in an attempt to thwart them from using a powerful Vulcan device. Along the way it throws you through some rather nicely done environments (again mild on the spoilers) such as the halls of the Enterprise, a space station and even New Vulcan. Though a few would disagree, I think the level design is fairly well thought out.

The voice acting is nice, especially from Pine and Quinto. The rest of the crew are convincing, but not quite at the same level. The score is moody and works throughout the game, with familiar melodies from the movies (2009 and Into Darkness).

Oh well, people can make of it as they please, but here is my breakdown.

Graphics: 7
    Gameplay: 6
    Design: 7
    Sound: 8
    Overall: 7

Bottom-line: Is it the best game around? No. It is the worst thing to to hit the gaming world year to date? also, no. If you are a younger Trekkie, you will enjoy it. If you are in the older age range, it may not offer the mental challenge you would like. The game is far from broken, or unplayable, however could it be better? Yes, but hey, what game out there could not use improvement in some aspect or another.
  17. Jun 25, 2013
    This game fails to perform in every possible way it should. It fails at the very basics of making a good game, taking a great concept and rolling it around in dirt and throwing it into a box and charging $40.

77 from PC MASTER? What a joke, the first line in their "review" states its a bad game and still they give it a 7.7. LOL
  18. Jun 20, 2013
    The voice acting was the best thing about this game. Many of the other parts were buggy and underwhelming. As a movie game, I didn't expect a whole lot. I don't recommend this game to anyone, even star trek fans.
  19. Jun 8, 2013
    lol you have to fight walking lizard men need i say more ok i will this game makes my turds look good.The terrible ai the lack luster combat and the multitude of bugs makes for a very very poor game indeed.
  20. May 29, 2013
    Rule number 1:
    Never ever per-order a game based on anything popular
    Never purchase a game based on something popular without reviewing it.

It's getting a two as it's not loaded with errors, it just plain sucks.

Thankfully I tried it out for free and was very grateful for that opportunity
  21. May 26, 2013
    I am not really sure where all the negative reviews are coming from. Apparently a game deserves a 0 if a feature isn't functional at release. Just because the Co-Op was messed up initially, does not mean the game is completely useless or crap.

As a Star Trek fan, I give the game an 8. I can see it having a somewhat lower rating if you are new to the series or have no nostalgia for the universe.

Pros: The voice acting is good, at least of the two main characters. The dynamic with Kirk, Spock, and Bones has some humourous moments. The textures are really good, with the Enterprise interior looking great. There is a nice range of weapons to choose from. Interesting tricorder scanning mode that adds a collectible element to the game. Many portions of missions offer a non-lethal option to try and fulfill, which can be challenging at times. Tie-in with the second movie.

Cons: Weapon and tricorder upgrades could have been expanded, possibly with different upgrades depending on weapon type. Game could have been longer. The AI of the enemy is a little weak, at least when it comes to hiding and ambushing you (You can normally shoot an enemy trying to hide because his butt sticks out of the obstacle it is using to hide). The AI of your partner could have been better, but he does the job more or less.

Honestly, I did not experience any of the bugs people have been talking about on here, nor did I care about Co-Op working. The game is decent to good, not garbage or crap like the vast majority of people here state. Granted, with the price tag, they could have fleshed out the game more, but hey, game so often get released incomplete or lacking.
  22. May 18, 2013
    wow i just found 9 devs just now JUST wow im NEVER getting this game ever so im giving it a 0/10 and Im not a dev my self im a new comer also why would i get this game when i could watch the movie and FORGET the game so thats all ill say about this game so good luck everyone give it a 0
  23. May 14, 2013
    It is pretty clear to me that the only ones giving this game good reviews,
    must be working for the devs. Probably very, very far down the food chain.
    Perhaps someone who worked on textures, or marketing. Nobody in their right mind, or at least, with decent eye sight would call this good graphics. Nobody with ANY gaming experience, would call this a good game. It is riddled with
    It is pretty clear to me that the only ones giving this game good reviews,
    must be working for the devs. Probably very, very far down the food chain.
    Perhaps someone who worked on textures, or marketing.

Nobody with ANY gaming experience, would call this a good game.
    It is riddled with crippling bugs, and one of the worst AI's ever.

Only redeeming feature, is the voice acting.
  24. May 13, 2013
    I am Star Trek fan and i liked this new movie. I didn't see the sequel yet. I knew, that most of theme movie lincenced games are crap, but i wanted this game to give it a try.

Positive: good funny voice acting and partly good story and thats about it. Negative: There are a lot and i mean a lot of bugs! Cover mechanics are dissapointing. I'm pressing buttons like stupid on time looking

Positive: good funny voice acting and partly good story and thats about it.
    Negative: There are a lot and i mean a lot of bugs! Cover mechanics are dissapointing. I'm pressing buttons like stupid on time looking like a real retard when controls don't work. The teammate is so retarded that i wanna kill him a way befoure a mission starts. AI is horrible, staying in one place like stupid or it's killing you every time he wants so you must repeat like 10 times. AI and teammate mood depend on the weather or maybe on what time it is. Coop problems,...

My score: keep away from this game. If you are a Star Trek fan you will be heartbroken! Rather go see this sequel of Startrek named Into Darkness.
  25. May 6, 2013
    A wonderful Trek game. It gives you the sense of actually being in a tie-in movie, and sports the banter of the original series characters. The gameplay is fun and very similar to how it plays out in the 2009 movie, and the whole game is executed in the same way. For those looking for a more "Original Trek" feeling, you can try to take on the Commendation objectives, which are moreA wonderful Trek game. It gives you the sense of actually being in a tie-in movie, and sports the banter of the original series characters. The gameplay is fun and very similar to how it plays out in the 2009 movie, and the whole game is executed in the same way. For those looking for a more "Original Trek" feeling, you can try to take on the Commendation objectives, which are more challenging and rewarding, and require you to take care of objectives more diplomatically. The graphics hold up even under close scrutiny and fast paced action, though require a stronger system than average. They may not be groundbreaking, but they are definitely up to date and good looking. The multi player adds a layer of fun as well, and promotes a lot of teamwork.
    The majority of complaints about the game happen to be centered on the fact that AS SOON as the game came out, there was a Steam server problem. The error was corrected within three days, but that didn't stop anyone from coming here to write awful reviews, in an attempt to make the developers fix it faster (even though it wasn't completely the developers fault). The outrageous reviews have given it a bad name, when it is a thoroughly enjoyable game. I was part of a forum where I saw the members decide to make several accounts here, just to talk bad about the game, in their attempts to get the developers to fix the multi player servers faster. It has forever stained the review score here and was unnecessary. In the end the multi player was quickly fixed and the game is great. Star Trek fan? Buy it.
  26. May 6, 2013
    This game was garbage. It froze up on me in the first 5 minutes and has deleted my save more times than I can count. The game is broken broken broken broken. Do not support this garbage.
  27. May 4, 2013
    To be honest i wasn't expecting much from a movie licensed game but i have to admit this is not the worst movie licensed game i have ever played but also this games suffers from the countless number of bugs and glitches at least on the PC version. There isn't really that much to say, gameplay is not really good, graphics are outdated, story...(if you know what i mean) and overall it is aTo be honest i wasn't expecting much from a movie licensed game but i have to admit this is not the worst movie licensed game i have ever played but also this games suffers from the countless number of bugs and glitches at least on the PC version. There isn't really that much to say, gameplay is not really good, graphics are outdated, story...(if you know what i mean) and overall it is a shallow experience. If you are a hardcore Star Trek fan and you don't want to miss out anything, don't buy it, rent it because the game is not worth $60. Expand
  28. May 3, 2013
    I liked this game, simple and functional, very fun to play and see for yourself, AI is good, no bugs until now, graphics very good, I'm very satisfied
  29. May 3, 2013
    Like most movie/TV franchise cash-ins, this is terrible. Go watch the actual Star Trek series instead of playing through this dreck. 2/10 bacon pancakes.
  30. May 3, 2013
    Boring story, stupid enemies that try to hide behind cover while their heads and tails stick out, most of the upgrades and weapons are useless. I heard the game has a lot of bugs and AI companion gets stuck, well the only real bug I have encountered is with the way point getting hung, had to pass it twice to get it to update also I had no mayor problem with the companion AI (he did getBoring story, stupid enemies that try to hide behind cover while their heads and tails stick out, most of the upgrades and weapons are useless. I heard the game has a lot of bugs and AI companion gets stuck, well the only real bug I have encountered is with the way point getting hung, had to pass it twice to get it to update also I had no mayor problem with the companion AI (he did get stuck twice so I had to issue a captains order to get him to move). All in all the game is just a poorly made platformer/TPS. Expand

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Star Trek is a game with a lot of potential. None of which is being used. The game design is old, incomplete and riddled with bugs. The actors make a decent job and the co-op mode is alright but that is the only good things worth mentioning about this otherwise bland and forgettable tie-in to the movie.
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    A by-the-numbers cover shooter punctuated by mind-numbing hacking minigames and woeful space combat. [July 2013, p.92]
  3. Jun 13, 2013
    Star Trek isn't as bad as they say, although the game has more than it's share of problems. The story is nice, but the game itself is filled with stupidities. For a duo of trekkies this game offers ADHD thrill ride for a weekend. If Star Trek doesn't get your juices flowing, you better steer clear. [June 2013[