Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds PC

8.3

1. Aug 30, 2012
    A true masterpiece in rts gaming history . Nice graphics , battles based on the movie , and enjoyable gameplay . Very similar to Age of Empires . 10/10
  2. Disguised
    Sep 13, 2007
    The most superior RTS in the Star Wars legacy of games.
  3. RyanCrossland
    Feb 23, 2006
    cumon people...this star wars game is by far the best yet...The idea of fighting in space and on the ground are revolutionary. The graphics are really good, however on the down side...the only down side, there does seem to be a bit of stop start (as in it freezes then works perfectly again....or its just slow)
    SO GO BUY IT!!
  4. Dec 29, 2013
    For a person who is a fan of Star Wars and RTS games like Ages of Empires, this game was a dream come true.

You have several fractions from the history of Star Wars to choose from to represent: Royal Naboo, Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance, Gungans, Wookies, and Trade Federation. Each have their advantages involving units, resource gathering, building, and tech. There are several maps to choose from in quick battles, from generic terrain to places you see in the films. You gather resources to build and work towards your goal to victory which could be a deathmatch, kill the leader, king of the hill, etc. There can be up to 8 players (if I remember correctly) which if you have friends who own the game, you can have them join you against AI opponents across the same network or just play against the computer yourself.

There is also a campaign mode which follows events in the series as well as a scenario customizer where you can build the map and game style.

Overall it is addictive and I tend to find myself playing for more than 4 hours at a time. Very enjoyable and one of my favorites.
  5. KyleS.
    Jan 12, 2002
    Great Graphics! A must for Starwars fans. Very similar to "Age Of Empires."
  6. JakC.
    Jan 1, 2002
    A fab game, trully the best thing for all Star Wars loving gamers.
  7. AnakinSkywalker
    Apr 7, 2002
    This game if off the mutha....in hook...awesome. If you don't agree, ah, .....
  8. DanielN.
    Jun 25, 2004
    This is the most wonderful game I have ever played in my entire life. Full of adrenaline, and strategy. This is a "must have". Enjoy !
  9. ScottJ.
    Dec 30, 2001
    Great playablity, like a combination of "Total Annihilation" meets "Age of Empires."
  10. BernardB.
    Feb 2, 2002
    This game is OK. I like it very much. It 's fun and I enjoy playing it .
  11. MathewM.
    Mar 11, 2002
    This game is great. It is like AOE but with a cherry on top and liquid chocolate centering, mmmmmmmmm liquid chocolate centering.
  12. RobertD.
    Mar 18, 2002
    Starwars Galactic Battlegrouds is a good game if you like Star Wars and its a lot like aoe but it has airplanes and antiair and evry starwars unit and atat and good heros and the civ are more diverend then aoe and champians are better and you have shield and much more other thing so it gets a 9/10 if you never playded aoe and 7/10 if you pladed aoe but like starwars, i think its one of Starwars Galactic Battlegrouds is a good game if you like Star Wars and its a lot like aoe but it has airplanes and antiair and evry starwars unit and atat and good heros and the civ are more diverend then aoe and champians are better and you have shield and much more other thing so it gets a 9/10 if you never playded aoe and 7/10 if you pladed aoe but like starwars, i think its one of the BEST GAMES EVER. Every starwars fan must buy it! And there is comming an Expansion pack whith episode 2 units and other thing 2new civ and more then 200new units! so live up boys. Expand
  13. MaximilianM.
    May 5, 2002
    This game is sooo COOL! I loooove this game!
  14. FereJacques
    Mar 27, 2003
    Being of French decent, I appreciate the game, for it's artistic valuue, as well as the fact that it totaly rocks in every way known to Frenchmen! After all, the French do rock it harder and more than any other culture, maybe except Germans, after all, they did woop us in WW2! Sincerly, Fere Jacques.
  15. RugitolaK.
    Nov 16, 2002
    It was fairly realistic I didn't believe the acting.
  16. AndréK.
    Oct 25, 2002
    This game is great!!!
  17. LukeM.
    Mar 17, 2006
    One of the greatest Star Wars Games ever. Although the graphics and the Computers AI isn't the best, it is the most fun ive had in years. There are over a 100 units and each has its own voice. Definetly reccomended for any who likes RTS of Star Wars. Great Game.
  18. Mar 8, 2013
    This was one of my favorite RTS games when I was little when I started watching the Star Wars films. The gameplay is good and the story is a nice addition to Star Wars. The only bad thing I can think of would be the fact that the graphics are old. But that shouldn't stop you from playing the game.

The force is strong in this one.
  2. A fun and solid game that despite having dated graphics and a lot of resemblance to an "Age" mod, it finally delivers the RTS Star Wars game that will satisfy the fans who have waited for a long time for a RTS game worthy of the Star Wars legacy.
  3. Game Informer