8.6

1. Dec 30, 2011
    There are three points I would like to make in the areas of gameplay, technical issues, and atmosphere. First of all, there is no excuse for the linear gameplay. I can't emphasize the linear gameplay enough, it literally consists of single passageways that you follow throughout the entire campaign. There are only a handful of weapons, and the enemies barely change throughout the campaign.There are three points I would like to make in the areas of gameplay, technical issues, and atmosphere. First of all, there is no excuse for the linear gameplay. I can't emphasize the linear gameplay enough, it literally consists of single passageways that you follow throughout the entire campaign. There are only a handful of weapons, and the enemies barely change throughout the campaign.

Second, the input lag is horrendous, even if you have a high-end PC. The mouse sensitivity settings are either far too high or far too low. This is the kind of basic optimization that should be expected for a franchise game like this.

Lastly, the atmosphere fails to give the gamer the Star Wars feel. I can't explain why, but it lacks the evil, or even badass, 'stormtrooper' feel.

If this wasn't a Star Wars game, I would never have bought it. I gave a 4 instead of a 3 because the game is old, and the graphics reflect that.
  2. Autopilot
    Feb 9, 2005
    EVERYTHING about this game is lame and mediocre. It
  3. MikeL.
    Apr 8, 2005
    For those who need something to happen on the screen all the time, this is your game! Barrels blow up, explosions everywhere, action all the time, never a single moment of rest.

Presentation is really what carries Republic Commando farther than it could have gone on its own. It comes with a grand score, good voice work, lovely animation, and great artistic style and polish.
  2. A pedestrian and unimaginative multiplayer mode is the only notable flaw in a game that otherwise plays, looks, and sounds fantastic.
    The game’s artificial intelligence is impressive, and utilising the commands and setting team command points through the levels really makes it feel like you’re working through the game with real people who actually know what they are doing.