4.7

1. JC
    Jan 5, 2010
    Yikes. When I bought this game, I believed I was buying something closer to Battlefront 2, A game I love but set in the Clone Wars exclusively. WHen I installed the game, I realised........well it wasnt. The game is extremely Linear and is obviously meant for anyone under the age of 12. Theres really no way to lose he game or be harshely penalized and it seems your meant to die 4-5 times Yikes. When I bought this game, I believed I was buying something closer to Battlefront 2, A game I love but set in the Clone Wars exclusively. WHen I installed the game, I realised........well it wasnt. The game is extremely Linear and is obviously meant for anyone under the age of 12. Theres really no way to lose he game or be harshely penalized and it seems your meant to die 4-5 times during each boss battle. I played the game through on the mentality that "I paid for it" but immedietly passed it on to my 6 yr old cousin whom I am sure will enjoy this game much more then I did. Expand
  2. Jon
    Oct 26, 2009
    Very disappointing. No freedom in this game, very restrictive, and just plain boring.
  3. Emily
    Dec 24, 2009
    Regarding the DS version: Bad save points, obstacle courses and puzzles that expect you to correctly tap minuscule areas and buttons with amazing precision the first time through, unlockables that have little to no value whatsoever... It's quite clear to me that this game was simply yet another cash-in on the Star Wars name. No matter how much your children beg you for this game, Regarding the DS version: Bad save points, obstacle courses and puzzles that expect you to correctly tap minuscule areas and buttons with amazing precision the first time through, unlockables that have little to no value whatsoever... It's quite clear to me that this game was simply yet another cash-in on the Star Wars name. No matter how much your children beg you for this game, don't buy it. Pretty much the only good point here is that the touch screen is used slightly more effectively than the previous Clone Wars game. Not recommended whatsoever. Expand
  4. SeanB.
    Oct 21, 2009
    This game was interesting for the first three levels untill you find that there is no freedom and that any of the unlockables are silly looking hats or masks from the series. I would recommend that LucasArts go down to Mexico and have this brain child aborted before it destroys the franchise.
  5. PeterR
    Dec 26, 2009
    This game is the potentially most disappointing game I have ever played in the Star Wars series. Terrible graphics, unreplayability. Overall, you'd have more fun writing a History essay than ever playing this game.
  6. May 15, 2014
    This game is awful in every possible way. Bad port. Terrible controls.
    Plus Ahsoka Tano is a horrible character. She does to the show, and this game, what both Anakin actors did to the Prequels. She should never have been on the show.
    ALMOST as bad as Jar Jar.
  7. QGJ
    Feb 14, 2012
    A very good game. Great story, huge variety of playable characters, various challenges, and good levels. Graphically, it's true to the TV series, using many of its assets. And it came out for PC, a move that I greatly appreciate.

If you are a 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' fan, this is a must buy.
  8. Jun 22, 2013
    This game is awful, the nut who gave this game a 10 is either a shill or insane. Getting it for free would be too much. Seriously there is a reason LucasArts went belly up, and this is part of it. No good games for years.
  9. Aug 23, 2013
    I give this game a 2 out of 10 (negative 8 out of 10) for not having a playable version on the PC, the controls are very clunky and actually confusing, so in other words the game play sucks. I think this is an example of a small development studio taking on a large project or an example of game play technicians with not enough freedom to write anything original, or maybe even aI give this game a 2 out of 10 (negative 8 out of 10) for not having a playable version on the PC, the controls are very clunky and actually confusing, so in other words the game play sucks. I think this is an example of a small development studio taking on a large project or an example of game play technicians with not enough freedom to write anything original, or maybe even a communication problem in the development studio.

There should be another option for keyboard controls on PC. There is a check box for "use mouse" that does not work, and there are only 8 different directions the character can be made to walk in, whilst the geometry does not seem to have the same constraint. The optional control system would be to have the left and right keys cause a rotation and the forward and back keys to affect motion, however perhaps unrealistically the designer wanted more (or less) for this project.

Perhaps with another 6 months development time this game would have been the great game it had the potential to be. Also, perhaps pre-production credits should have been wasted on work instead of party time.

I really liked the cartoon and look forward to better games in the future.
  10. Dec 31, 2013
    This is possibly the worst game I have ever tried on PC. This is supposed to be a children's game, yet it is unplayable and the setting makes it unbearable to me (enough with nursing me, already!). Unsuitable for children and grownups alike. Avoid.
  11. Jul 27, 2014
    Lucas Arts was either brain dead by the time they made this game or just gave up on themselves because this game sucks. The game was completely unimaginative and the characters are unbalanced (Padawan is stronger then Anakin, I swear...) and about as weak C-3PO. The environment was tiny and boring, and some maps tended to be ridiculously hard to complete. There was almost no story line butLucas Arts was either brain dead by the time they made this game or just gave up on themselves because this game sucks. The game was completely unimaginative and the characters are unbalanced (Padawan is stronger then Anakin, I swear...) and about as weak C-3PO. The environment was tiny and boring, and some maps tended to be ridiculously hard to complete. There was almost no story line but the graphics were okay. I recommend this game to the dump. Expand
  12. Dec 27, 2013
    This game makes the entire lego star wars series by travellers tales look like a freakin work of art.

SWTCW is quite possibly the most overused series in the entire star wars saga. This game puts new meaning to the phrase "beating a dead horse". This game is nothing but a pretty label on an empty box (with a pretty penny on the price tag). Repetitive, easy combat. No real penalty for

Repetitive, easy combat. No real penalty for death whatsoever make the combat seem like a walk in the park. No sweats broken, no tears shed, nothing ineresting at all, really. And to top it off, there are way too many missions. I mean really, WAY too many missions. The combat and platforming are uninteresting enough as it is, but with so many levels, it becomes monotonous as well.

To add insult to injury, there is no creativity behind the level design. The levels are almost as boring and repetitive as the combat. After about ten minutes of gameplay, you have experienced all of the things this game has to offer. After then, it's just the same ten minutes, over and over. Seriously, if I wanted excitement, I'd be better off watching paint dry.

Also, this game's platforming mechanics are an utter disgrace. You jump towards a ledge. You then either catch the ledge, or miss it. No real apperant reason much of the time.

Additionally, the camera angles of this third-person "action" game are atrocious. Making the already unpredictable platforming nigh-impossible.

Very dry and uninteresting voice-acting and storyline serve as yet another nail in the coffin of this game.

Seriously, don't buy it. It's nothing but a scam for your precious money.
  13. Jul 7, 2014
    I played it years ago, and now, after the time I have watched the whole Clone Wars series, I see there is few interest in the connection between the original and this game. However, I liked it much, even now, but... there should be more than playing some missions which don't make any sense...

Unless you or your kids want to play as Jedi or clone troopers just for the sake of doing so, then there's really nothing here that'll keep anyone, young or old, interested for very long. Even if it does, you or your kin are bound to be frustrated at numerous sections and will likely wind up putting down the controller sooner or later.
  2. This platformer based on the Star Wars cartoon TV series tries to copy the Lego game formula but gets just about everything wrong.
  3. Disappointing controls, restricted gameplay and poor graphics are the key words of Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes.