5.6

1. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is impressively bad. All the fancy physics mechanics from the first game are practically gone, there is nothing new in the way of RPG elements, the game is terribly buggy and it's really short. I finished it in little more than 4 hours. This "game" was obviously just tossed together to squeeze some extra money from the fans of the first game. I highly recommend you turn away.
  2. May 5, 2013
    This game has great graphics and great..... nope that's about it. The gameplay is horrible. I beat the game on the hardest difficulty in 3 hours. Same 3 maps. HORRIBLE ENDING!!!!
  3. Dec 20, 2012
    I genuinely couldn't believe this game was over when I had finished it. On my first time through having played it's predecessor through only once as well it took me 4 hours according to Steam. That really is unforgivable in my eyes and if I hadn't got it on sale I would have been pretty annoyed. That being said, the graphics are much nicer than the first game and in general the feel of combat is much better. I started this pretty much right after I finished the first and immediately noticed the smoother action. The game is fun albeit with a pretty much dead plot driven by an entirely unconvincing love story. SPOILER ALERT [I didn't really give a damn whether Starkiller was a clone or not either and was confused as to why the game thought I should by the end, just let me kill all these guys will you?] SPOILER ENDS. All there is to say here really is that the gameplay feels great, makes you feel like a Jedi and throws enough action at you to keep you happy but the story is a non-entity and four hours to get through is faster than most Indie games. Taking full price into consideration it's only a 4/10 for me, maybe a 6/10 for 75% off like I paid. Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    The strength of The Force Unleashed 1 was its story. This game has a terrible story. The gameplay is dumbed down from the first one- you have *less* character options than the first one. There is nothing new about this game at all. It is honestly worse in *every* aspect than the first one.
  5. Jun 18, 2012
    I hate to give this game a low rating but it needs it. I did not care for it and the story bugged me. I have played wii and ps3 versions. Wii has a fun multiplayer and ps3 had good controls but it was not that fun.
  6. Dec 18, 2011
    This is a really weak follow-up to a great standalone Star Wars game. There's less dialog, plot, characters and original music than the first game. Gameplay the game is nearly identical, and the graphics are better, but the menus are ugly and low-res, evidence that the game wasn't ported to PC with any care or attention to detail. The final boss battle with Vader is a grindtastic joke. Also, the story is short. Steam clocks me in at 5 hours of gameplay. Bought it for $5 on a sale, not worth a dime more. Expand
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    Besides the graphics, "Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2" is complete trash. The story is fragile and uneasy like glass as well as the gameplay, which is where you just sit down and mash buttons the game asks you to do. Don't buy it, just pirate it.
  8. Jul 1, 2011
    This game is a terrible port to the PC. Developers decided to lock the FPS to 30, don't expect for high end computers to change this. HD cut scenes are well known to have screen tearing occur a lot among many users. Story is about 4-5 hours long with no replay value. Story line is sub-par, might intrigue Star War fans more than the average gamer. Game play has improved from the first one and graphics are nice. I highly recommend renting the game on the console or PSP. Expand
  9. May 16, 2011
    I ran in to some portability issues with the control scheme. I played the previous one on the pc with no issues. This one seems to have trouble with the head turn. I ended up using the usb controller and it was more playable. I did like the story.

I also played it on the wii at a friends place. This game on this platform is where its at. There is more of the environment to interact with.
  10. Feb 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bad game.
    The story is nice although it's simple (save the girl from the bad guy), the cutscenes are very well done, exciting and immersive in the classic Star Wars way, but the gameplay is not good at all. After the release of games with great sword fighting like Assassin's Creed going around shaking a lightasber without counter-moves, serious parrying of the enemies moves... it's really bad in a Jedi game where all the fun are the lightsaber duels.
    I know this is Force Unleashed and it's based more on Force powers than saber fighting, but nonetheless the feel of inconsistent fighting ruins the whole game.
    Other than that there are other flows in the game, like encountering Yoda and not having a conversation about the Force, being a Jedi or a dark sith! What the hell, Yoda is one of the most iconic characters of the Star Wars universe and all he tells me is that I will find what I am seeking in a cave??
    And what about the boss fights??? They are worse than the first Force Unleashed, repetitive and too long ('cause they are repetitive). The worst one is the last one against Darth Vader. Repeat, repeat and then repeat... and then repeat... and again... the same thing.
    This is a game that could have been great but it has been totally wasted by developers that where not enough good and/or had not enough time and/or money.
    C'mon Lucasarts is it so difficult to make a good Star Wars game??????
    You have to thank you have the best and most intriguing licence of the world, 'cause if that wasn't true ppl would have stopped buying your games a long ago.
  11. Dec 26, 2010
    I stumbled in a HUGE bug inside the level "The battle for the salvation". I had to remove a cell generator from a cannon and put it inside another one to open a blocked door, which would allow me to continue in the game. Well, I was simply unable to remove the cell generator from the first cannon. I had to restart the level two times, carrying with me a spare cell generator through half path and trying to not die. I failed both times, so I gave up without completing the game. No one have released a patch. What a shame. The game is very short (about 4 hours) and repetitive. It has got too much action, there are very few pauses, no puzzle sequences, few kind of enemies. The plot is nothing special. Anyway, graphics are pretty good, levels and cut-scenes are artistically awesome and boss fights are enjoyable. But....

I spent 50â
  12. Nov 29, 2010
    This is going to be REAL short, I want to waste as little time as possible on this turkey. Yes it is a Star Wars title, but that means nothing when that name is attached to a mindless game like this. Really don't waste your money, even if you do decide to play the entire game through most folks are completing the game in under 6 hours. For the asking price of $39.99 that is ludicrous! Maybe if the game play was phenomenal I could see my way around the short play time, but I didn't get that far. I played for about 20 minutes and proceeded to uninstall the game from my hard drive completely.

Pick it up (if you must) when it hits the bargain bins, or maybe when Steam drops the price to $4.99 and bundles a few other titles to boot!

Boooooooo
  13. Nov 27, 2010
    What a waste of awesome game mechanics. I loved TFU and replayed it countless times, but this.. something has really gone wrong in the development. Guess dramatic budget cuts and shortened development, so typical for LucasArts. And charging 50 euros for this "thing"? Madness.
  14. Nov 17, 2010
    Graphics are awesome but everything else is weak. Lucasart completely abandoned the story aspect of this game and focused completely on game play. In short this game is boring, it's sad to say but I think Lucasart has losts it high standard and is going down the corperate highroad that EA went down.
  15. Nov 1, 2010
    Abhorrently bad. Less than three hours long. Everything from boss fights to opening doors controlled by QTEs - a plague upon gaming. Writing is abysmal, impossible to sympathize with the main character unless you happen to be an angsty 16 year old who likes to yell at his parents. VA work is hit or miss, a few lines are well delivered but most will just make you want to mute the game. Lots of jumping/platforming puzzles, only three environments (which all look roughly the same). Most enemies are immune to most of your powers, making me wonder why the powers even exist in the first place. If you enjoy quality entertainment, please do not fund developers of such jaw-droppingly bad games. Expand

1. Feb 2, 2011
    Let's hope that The Old Republic gets is right in the many, many places where The Force Unleashed II gets it wrong. [Feb 2011, p.104]
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    The Action may be fun for a short time, but in total The Force Unleashed 2 disappoints with short playtime and a slow paced story that only gets interesting when the game ends.
  3. Jan 11, 2011
    A good sequel with superior controls, some new features, a steady pace and a lot more action compared to the first game. With its short playing time of roughly five hours it fails to create as much atmosphere as The Force Unleashed 1 though and the PC-adaption suffers from a lot of technical issues, e.g. tearing, crashes, bugs and problems during setup. The gameplay itself will satisfy both Star Wars-Fans and those who enjoyed TFU1.