8.2

1. Aug 11, 2010
    Changes from SC1: --Added queen/comstat/chrono boost to the races to add another component to your strategy. Huge CHANGE from SC1. --Buildings addons can be used interchangeably with other buildings with terran race. --Can hotkey all buildings together to cutout some micromanagement. --Group sizes are limitless now unlike 12 units from the first game. --New abilities, such asChanges from SC1: --Added queen/comstat/chrono boost to the races to add another component to your strategy. Huge CHANGE from SC1. --Buildings addons can be used interchangeably with other buildings with terran race. --Can hotkey all buildings together to cutout some micromanagement. --Group sizes are limitless now unlike 12 units from the first game. --New abilities, such as blink/corruption/changeling/can move while burrowed/ --can rally workers straight to minerals, which again cuts out unneeded micromanagement from SC1 which are all HUGE and great changes. --With SC2 came a completely new Battle.net, which has been the same since SC1, but I guess, you know, that doesn't matter. --High yield resources. --High ground units can not be attacked unless you have sight up there. HUGE change, which completely differs from SC1. --All the new units. --Creep plays a lot more role, such as spreading it out with either your overlords or creep tumors, which increases your zerg units speed while they're on it. UNLIKE in SC1.

I mean, how are these not changes? What in the world could anyone possibly ask for? Everyone on here that gives it a bad rating always says that. I don't understand, they aren't specific. "Same game as SC1". If you don't like the game that's fine. I can understand why people (younger) have gotten used to modern day RTS. SC has always been about mineral/map control. If you don't like the game fine, but please explain why you feel it's the same as SC1.
  2. Aug 12, 2010
    Real time strategy games just don't get any better than this. They took what worked in the original and expanded upon it creating a universe that not only puts you in the driver seat but shocks and awes along the way. The units are balanced, the gameplay is fun, and the multiplayer is fantastic as ever. I was afraid that my aging PC wasn't going to be able to handle the graphics, but itReal time strategy games just don't get any better than this. They took what worked in the original and expanded upon it creating a universe that not only puts you in the driver seat but shocks and awes along the way. The units are balanced, the gameplay is fun, and the multiplayer is fantastic as ever. I was afraid that my aging PC wasn't going to be able to handle the graphics, but it can. My PC is 3 years old with an upgraded 9000 series nvidia geforce card and it plays it fine on medium. My buddy has an even older computer and plays it fine on low. So, don't be afraid if your PC isn't up to snuff. Expand
  3. Aug 13, 2010
    The last ten years has mostly been console gaming for me. Starcraft 2 reminded me why I used to play PC games. Games like this just don't work on consoles! C&C is a travesty on a console and Halo Wars was v simplistic. Starcraft 2 has great balancing, top notch production values and tweaks that old nostalgia nerve just enough to make it feel like home. This is a masterful recapturing ofThe last ten years has mostly been console gaming for me. Starcraft 2 reminded me why I used to play PC games. Games like this just don't work on consoles! C&C is a travesty on a console and Halo Wars was v simplistic. Starcraft 2 has great balancing, top notch production values and tweaks that old nostalgia nerve just enough to make it feel like home. This is a masterful recapturing of yesteryear brought to a new generation of PCs and gamers alike. Do yourself a favour and check it out - at least on a trial basis. (The retail edition comes with free, time-limited trial cards to give to friends, so just ask around!) I cannot wait to see what Blizzard do with Diablo 3! Expand
  4. Aug 15, 2010
    This is exactly what a sequel should do: keeping what works while adding enough changes to make it fresh. The in game graphics and cutscenes look amazing without the obvious difference between them like most games. The gameplay is the classic SC but with modern tweaks and upgrades to make it even better. I don't understand why some people complain about that. Those same people wouldThis is exactly what a sequel should do: keeping what works while adding enough changes to make it fresh. The in game graphics and cutscenes look amazing without the obvious difference between them like most games. The gameplay is the classic SC but with modern tweaks and upgrades to make it even better. I don't understand why some people complain about that. Those same people would complain that Blizz should have kept things the same if they had radically altered the gameplay. If you go into SC2 expecting DoW or WiC then yeah you'll be disappointed. And if that's what you want then go play those games instead. Expand
  5. Aug 15, 2010
    When something like SC2 gets released by a developer like Blizzard people expect the absolute best, and will criticize it with that in mind. The story could be a little more serious, and the MP still has some slight balancing needed, but realistically compared to the other games on the market its amazing.
  6. Aug 15, 2010
    !!ALTHOUGH NO REAL SPOILERS - THIS WILL SAY A LOT ABOUT THE FEATURES OF THE GAME!!

I've read many reviews saying it's just a rehash of starcraft 1 , and the graphics havn't changed much, but that's completely wrong. There are many more new units to choose from , more depth into upgrading them, the graphics are fenomenal for an rts making it look gorgeous to play and the maps are thouroughly detailed. The campaign will give you entertainment for 10+ hours, even more if you want to challenge yourself to do the achievements( Yes , achievements! , very similar style to blizzard's World Of Warcraft.). The cutscenes are spectacular which you expect of blizzard from their past cutscenes such as the wow ones. The story is deep with lots of great depth and is grabbing from the off. Multiplayer is addicitvie. There are many subcatergory's (1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 FFA) , and with all apart from FFA , after 5 placement games you get placed into a division (Bronze Silver Gold Platinum Diamond). You are constently motivated to progress higher!. You can go into a team game as random , or with a friend, and if you go in with a different friend later on , you will start from placement matches , so it tracks your members in multiple teams of the same catorgory. This game is certainly worth a purchase. You may see Korean gamers who are mighty impressive players with fast hands playing this game, but it matches you to players in your region so no need to panic. There are to be 2 new campaigns set for release most likely at the end of the year or next, so content will keep coming towards you with new maps. Once more, this game features an intergrated Real ID system , which lets you talk to friends playing other Blizzard Games (WoW ofcourse!) and friends who are perhaps in the campaign while you play multiplayer. If you like to have some sort of bragging rights (We all do) then you can showcase your best achievements which will be seen to any member viewing your profile and along with achievements come portraits to put a picture next to your ingame name. These portraits can say a lot about a player IE beating the game on the hardest difficulty (Brutal).

Best RTS currently on the pc market in my opinion.
  7. Aug 16, 2010
    This game totally worht the wait!! I bought the collector's edition at midnight on july 27 and it's worht the price too!! I love this game. Awsome characters and awsome game experience. The multyplayer part of the game is the same in every way it should be the same like in SC1 but it has all the improvements i miss from that game!
  8. Aug 19, 2010
    The negative comments are just hilarious. The game is fantastic in every single way, it surpasses the original so much it's not even funny.
    Sure, some balance issues have come, but is that something new and unexpected? The first one wasn't balanced enough for years and SC2 came out with almost perfect balance. You have an expansive campaign with unparalleled multiplayer. I can't wait for the expansions - this is by far the best RTS campaign ever. There's so much more to say about the game but I'll only say this - it's the best RTS you will have for the next 10 years. Deal with it and enjoy it! 10/10.
  9. Aug 20, 2010
    this is a great game i never played he first but the second looked great and its a great game its not a game you sit down your first time and are just good you do have to put some time in and practice multiplayer is well done. i recommend having a good cpu a quad core is a good choice or a really fast core 2 duo both would play fine
  10. Aug 20, 2010
    The wait was well worth it. Everything about this game satisfies me in every single way imaginable. Single player campaign was great, absolutely cannot wait for the second installment to come out. It's just too bad we'll have to wait!

100% Recommend to any RTS lover. Starcraft is second to NONE!
  11. Aug 22, 2010
    First, lets get one thing straight: This is a sequel. Hence the 2 after the, "Starcraft". It will bear a similarity to the original. Blizzards intent is to take the original game, refine it, tune it, add new content, spruce it up, and keep the story moving. It has succeeded on every count. There are a large number of new units: Certainly more then enough to completely alter the playingFirst, lets get one thing straight: This is a sequel. Hence the 2 after the, "Starcraft". It will bear a similarity to the original. Blizzards intent is to take the original game, refine it, tune it, add new content, spruce it up, and keep the story moving. It has succeeded on every count. There are a large number of new units: Certainly more then enough to completely alter the playing field, and add in a wide number of new strategies while still feeling like that Starcraft we know and love at its core. New units are neither a hackneyed add-on, nor an overpowered new addition: They fit into the new game seamlessly in clever, interesting new ways. Level design is varied, interesting, and quite open to user content

The single player is a real treat. As long as any previous Starcraft game, and there is actually a lack of, "Race A here, Race B there, now kill each other" scenarios. I started missing this standard, cliche level design, but the overwhelming variety of mission objectives is impressive. One mission your robbing a train using quick, mobile units, another your hunkering down for a zombie wave, while rapidly destroying the infestation mostly undisturbed by day, and suddenly you playing an almost puzzle-esque level of priority assassinations and planning. The variety is astounding. Achievements are interesting, and add a good deal of re-playability, and challenge missions add that little something extra

The Cons are pretty negligible. An extra 10 dollar price tag is a bit insulting, but Id finger point at Activision, and you are paying for quality. Loss of LAN will hurt only a very small percentage of people, thanks to the friend system: My internet is extremely unreliable, along with all the people I live with, and I have yet to observe any appreciable difference from traditional LAN play. Menus can get a bit confusing, and adding a friend manually is a bit annoying, and while the Facebook integration is interesting, but doesn't seem to be very reliable. Also, Protoss fans only get a brief glimpse of there single player, while Zerg get no single player outside of challenges, which may be annoying, but make no mistake: You get a full games worth of content here. Lastly, thanks to the 3 separate releases, don't get to attached to medics, fire bats, science vessels, or a number of other units: They do not yet carry over into Multiplayer. It's an understandable balance issue, we need to hold off until other races get there shiny new units, but its a tad annoying.

Sequels are a problem when they are pushed out constantly without much improvement to the overall design. SC2 took what, 12 years, and has the maximum possible new content without feeling like it's covering the core experience. Blizzard hasn't created a new life form, it has just taken a giant step forward in its evolution, with hardly a vestigial tail or wisdom tooth in sight. Perfect no, but I think it rounds up to a 10.
  12. Aug 23, 2010
    I wanted to write a review but I had to play one more mission.

GO BUY IT ALREADY.

No seriously, if you're a fan of RTS style games then you should go and get it. The game is absolutely superb.
  13. Aug 24, 2010
    It's a awesome and cool game,good graphics,good story,good soundtrack,good game play,good menu,a lot of achievement's and awesome Multilayer who's needed to be played all days all nights.
  14. Aug 26, 2010
    Holy! sh*t! what a game! amazing amazing
    Excellent history, excellent gameplay, excellent graphics, what's not excellent in this second version of the best strategy game of all times!
  15. Aug 26, 2010
    @JCT You're the typical moron saying "wah wah 12 years in the making wah wah". For your information jack***, the game didn't even start development until 2003 and in 2005 they stopped for a year to work on WoW. If you can make a better game than by all means... do it. Secondly this game has way more features than 99% of all RTS games in the past decade. 20+ maps, great matchmaking, etc.@JCT You're the typical moron saying "wah wah 12 years in the making wah wah". For your information jack***, the game didn't even start development until 2003 and in 2005 they stopped for a year to work on WoW. If you can make a better game than by all means... do it. Secondly this game has way more features than 99% of all RTS games in the past decade. 20+ maps, great matchmaking, etc. Did you really just compare StarCraft 2 to GTA4? 2 very different games... not to mention GTA4 is completely the opposite of this game. GTA4 is the game that had cut features but I won't go into that since this is about SC2. Know what you're talking about you stupid f**k.

I guess virgins like yourself, who spent 10 hours a day playing the original, will never accept that games change and keeping them the exact same as the original is pointless. So do us a favor and never write a review again because you just made yourself look like a complete dumb***.
  16. Aug 16, 2011
    F@#k you all who said that this game sucks. 82 game critics raved about this thing, and 82 million people raved about this thing and you have the balls to say that it sucks? This games in game graphics are amazing, the story is like an effing blockbuster movie, and the game play ranks among this generations best. Do yourself a favor you no talent hacks. Just admit that you suck at rating games.
  17. Aug 31, 2010
    I have never been a fan of RTS games. I was born and bred as an FPS man all the way; however, Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, has had me questioning my upbringing.

I have found myself playing Starcraft and only wanting to play Starcraft. The single player campaign and story is phenomenal, with touching cut scenes and intriguing levels, but this game really shines in its multiplayer

I have found myself playing Starcraft and only wanting to play Starcraft.

The single player campaign and story is phenomenal, with touching cut scenes and intriguing levels, but this game really shines in its multiplayer design. It's hard to describe the tension and excitement that you feel while playing someone that you've never met. There have been many games where I have been shaking from nerves after playing. Seriously, there are few games that do that to me and multiplayer Starcraft II literally causes me to shake from tension and excitement.

All I can say: Starcraft II, even if you are not a fan of the RTS genre, try it out and see if you like it. I'm sure you will. I have hated RTS for many years, but this game has made me want to only play RTS games.
  18. Aug 31, 2010
    i wuoldn't say dat this is the best game ever made, but it's like 124 times better than the first one because the story is more intense like and the strategy gets like so crazy you can't even count your fingers in front of your own hands, it's as if you got like 5 hits of some crazy pomp and you got no sense about you - and plus the zerg is like EKA EKA EKA EKA EKA
  19. Sep 1, 2010
    This game is unabashed and honest about what it is. It's an old school base-building fast paced rush heavy RTS. If you like that kind of game, stop reading and go buy it right now, because this is the best of that type of game that we've seen in a long time.

If you don't like that type of game, then you won't like this game and you should move on.
  20. Sep 6, 2010
    This game is the greates rts game ever made.The graphics are enjoying and the gameplay provides a perpetual enthusiasticy.Those who gave negative comments in this game.Eiether they dont know a thing about gaming or they play stupid games like gta.
  21. Sep 14, 2010
    This game is by far the best game i have ever played. When compared to other RTS titles it beats everything else by miles; it is the best balanced game on the market and that is NOT debatable. The game runs smoothly on the amazingly new Battle.net 2.0; it doesnt need to have chat rooms as finding friends has never been easier and the matchmaking is brilliant. Offline the gameplay is fun;This game is by far the best game i have ever played. When compared to other RTS titles it beats everything else by miles; it is the best balanced game on the market and that is NOT debatable. The game runs smoothly on the amazingly new Battle.net 2.0; it doesnt need to have chat rooms as finding friends has never been easier and the matchmaking is brilliant. Offline the gameplay is fun; especially with units that don't exist online as they are OP (flame turrets ftw!). So smooth, so fast, so tactically diverse and challenging, and it looks sooo shiny! This game blows everything else out of the water! Expand
  22. Sep 19, 2010
    Well worth the wait. Seeing the story with kerrigan and jim raynor continue was great. Story was well paced. All the voice actors did an outstanding job. MP is very similar to the original but with some nice updates. Very please, bring on heart of the swarm!
  23. Sep 25, 2010
    This game has got to be the best PC game ever made. Amazing graphics and improved gameplay has blown all those series that get yet another game every year to the sky. The wait for this game has really paid off. Continuing with the unfinished story from the first games, Starcraft 2 has refitted itself with new units, structures,characters and map editor. The prologue at the installationThis game has got to be the best PC game ever made. Amazing graphics and improved gameplay has blown all those series that get yet another game every year to the sky. The wait for this game has really paid off. Continuing with the unfinished story from the first games, Starcraft 2 has refitted itself with new units, structures,characters and map editor. The prologue at the installation point tells you the story so far, so new players of starcraft do not have to buy the first games to get whats going on. Starcraft 2 now has an achievements centre where you earn achievements for something you did while playing. you can see the achievements board in your profile. This is one of the best real time strategy games ive ever played Expand
  24. Sep 27, 2010
    Starcraft II Wings of Liberty, Is probably my favorite RTS game in my history of gaming. It has 3 fairly balanced race's. The game continues to get updates to make the game get better. They even recently changed there Icon design. There is no one in the world I would not recommend This game to. The campaign is good as there will be more ahead I am sure. Casual gamers and even the hardcoreStarcraft II Wings of Liberty, Is probably my favorite RTS game in my history of gaming. It has 3 fairly balanced race's. The game continues to get updates to make the game get better. They even recently changed there Icon design. There is no one in the world I would not recommend This game to. The campaign is good as there will be more ahead I am sure. Casual gamers and even the hardcore gamers would not get tired of this game. Well if you do, Then you are a noob go back to playing E.T. Expand
  25. Dec 4, 2011
    To those like me who had not played Starcraft, first of the name what I can say is that Starcraft 2 is a really enjoyable RTS set in a dystopian futuristic universe. The campaign is a well-crafted way to get into the story but maybe a little short (although alternative missions and achievements makes it a re-playable game). There is a great diversity of units with unique playing style forTo those like me who had not played Starcraft, first of the name what I can say is that Starcraft 2 is a really enjoyable RTS set in a dystopian futuristic universe. The campaign is a well-crafted way to get into the story but maybe a little short (although alternative missions and achievements makes it a re-playable game). There is a great diversity of units with unique playing style for each race, so lots of strategy to try in Battlenet: the core of the game.
    The criticisms I could make: no out of the box possibility to play LAN so better have a good internet connection and then lots of trouble playing a multiplayer game online without constant lagging. Also I agree with those saying that the music, voice acting etc. could have been better.
  26. Oct 18, 2010
    Best strategy game ever created!!! Love it to death!!! Graphics and voice acting is Macnificent!!!Story line is also really great really loved it!!!Wow!!!
  27. Oct 13, 2010
    This game right here.... This game right here.... This game right here player.... This game right here player.... IS STRAIGHT FIRE!!! IF I DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT BLIZZARD DROPPED THAT NUKE ON JAPAN IN WW2!!!

On a serious note, I hear your complaints about taking stuff out of the original game and I think they will put it back when they do the patches. I like how they put another old school game back out there and I like that they will be coming out with a new Diablo and the World of Warcraft expansion. This game is a blast from the past and even if Blizzard is doing the same thing they were doing 10 years ago they are still 30 years ahead of the competition.
  28. Oct 21, 2010
    I am a big fan of RTS games and well i can say that this game is awesome! I played SC:BW for some time and loved (despite its outdated graphics, still awesome).
    The game-play i would say is somewhat different from BW but it isnt a drastic change. The campaign is great and will take some time to complete and is quite challenging on higher difficulties. And as i said, single-player is great, but multi-player. Now that is a different story :)
    Battle.net 2.0 can be described with one word: Awesome. I mean you could just spend your whole day in SC2 either by playing 2v2/3v3 against computers with a teammate, playing some league matches, or the best part: custom games. Custom games are just incredible. Basically you have around 100 different games(and i think many more actually) in SC2 so you will not get bored easily.
    The balancing is great when playing league matches: you always get to compete against a player who is pretty much at your level. I have yet to actually see some sort of idiot on Battle.net, everyone behaves and there are no retarded people online.(Trolls/spammers/anything like that)
    So my advice: If you like RTS games, or you have thought about which one should be your first one, then you should definitely buy this game! Thumbs up 10/10. High Five Blizzard!
  29. Oct 31, 2010
    Starcraft II is as perfect as an RTS can be. It doesn't have shiny new mechanics like a cover system (Company of Heroes), or customizable squads (Dawn of War), the depth of strategy and gameplay destroys all competition with ease. The only criticism I have for it is the lack of LAN support, but the amazing campaign and challenging multiplayer more than make up for it.
  30. Nov 2, 2010
    While the campaign is fun, what sets Starcraft apart is the multiplayer. Extremely competitive fast paced action leads to a very entertaining experience. Getting a couple friends on vent and playing 3v3 is some of the most fun I have had in ages.
  31. Nov 10, 2010
    The best 2010 game for me. Really good campaign - continuation of StarCraft 1 story and most of all mission (really good made - there isn't 2 same mission in campaign). And the best multiplayer ever - this is true esport.
  32. Nov 21, 2010
    Just an complete, quality, fitting, and epic improvement upon the original, StarCraft is the frontrunner for Game of the Year along with God of War III in my eyes.
  33. Mar 28, 2013
    Been playing this off and on for 2 years and I can say for sure that there is virtually no limit to the amount there is to learn about it. It's huge, it's a lifetime game, getting to know it feels like I'm getting a small Degree for a university course. I would say getting to know the technical (controls/interface) is bigger than some entire games, and then getting to know the technicalityBeen playing this off and on for 2 years and I can say for sure that there is virtually no limit to the amount there is to learn about it. It's huge, it's a lifetime game, getting to know it feels like I'm getting a small Degree for a university course. I would say getting to know the technical (controls/interface) is bigger than some entire games, and then getting to know the technicality of each race (builder order/units/uniqueness) is like 3 full other games (3 races), and then actually getting good at the game is like 10 full other games. So you're basically getting 14 games worth in this one game. That's actually not even an overstatement because I'll be playing this for 5 years and I'll probably get 14 times the number of hours I get out of most games. Wow, I just realized that I'm not in hyperbole. Expand
  34. Jun 28, 2011
    Pretty fantastic game. Very smooth and polished. I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign mode, and eagerly await the next installment. Sadly the community that surrounds it is not conducive to enjoying the game experience. Great fun to play with friends, but as usual you should avoid the pubbies. Most of them haven't learned to act like decent human beings yet, or play very robotic "strats" thatPretty fantastic game. Very smooth and polished. I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign mode, and eagerly await the next installment. Sadly the community that surrounds it is not conducive to enjoying the game experience. Great fun to play with friends, but as usual you should avoid the pubbies. Most of them haven't learned to act like decent human beings yet, or play very robotic "strats" that if fail, they immediately leave. The computer opponent is more challenging and inventive than most of the players you'll find online. Also the major league gaming component is entirely ignorable. You can have a much better time with this game without paying any attention to the elitist buffoonery that surrounds it. Expand
  35. Dec 2, 2010
    DECENT Singleplayer. After playing the first for many hours over the years, I was even more excited for SC2. When I played through the singleplayer I found it to be nothing special. It was entertaining, but I don't agree with how the story progressed. I won't judge it on that though. Just as the first, the multiplayer is outstanding. This time it's even better as it is more balanced atDECENT Singleplayer. After playing the first for many hours over the years, I was even more excited for SC2. When I played through the singleplayer I found it to be nothing special. It was entertaining, but I don't agree with how the story progressed. I won't judge it on that though. Just as the first, the multiplayer is outstanding. This time it's even better as it is more balanced at release than the first and the new ranking system means you don't get your face smashed all the time. I don't play any RTS games except StarCraft. This game is amazing and i recommend it if you have the dedication of putting down the hours for fine tuning your skills. Expand
  36. Dec 3, 2010
    SC2 is about as complete an RTS that has ever existed. It's sad to see some people poorly reviewing this game without objective analysis. You don't simply give a game a poor score because you don't like it, or you don't understand why it is the way it is. SC2 was not made to have some overwhelming storyline and then the game is over like RPG games are. It was made to continue an epicSC2 is about as complete an RTS that has ever existed. It's sad to see some people poorly reviewing this game without objective analysis. You don't simply give a game a poor score because you don't like it, or you don't understand why it is the way it is. SC2 was not made to have some overwhelming storyline and then the game is over like RPG games are. It was made to continue an epic storyline that people around the world grew to love. No other RTS storyline even compares. And let's not forget SC2's bread and butter is it's multiplayer AND map editor features.

I've read that no LAN option is a problem for some people. The reality is 99.9% of games these days don't offer LAN. No console games offer LAN, and almost no computer games offer LAN because nobody really needs it. The multilayer was developed around one of the best matchmaking systems that has ever been made. It's designed to let casual players enjoy competition along with letting professional level players rise up and compete in MLG events. And it works WELL.

I've read in a few below reviews that they are giving low scores for such shallow claims as "possibly few add-ons" and "cut scenes that have nothing to do with the game." These are as merit-less as claims come. The cut scenes in the game have EVERYTHING to do with the game. They directly connect the story, and are not merely eye-candy. I can't fathom how this assumption was made, but if you are even paying attention at all to the in depth story being told, you'd know exactly what was going on. Keep in mind that this is the first of 3 campaigns, and a continuation of a previous story in SC1/SC Brood War. The map editor in SC2 is above and beyond what I've ever seen in any game. there are countless games available under custom map play because users have the ability to use the versatile map editor to make creative works of game-play art. It's capable of reproducing classic RPG turn-based games, tower defenses, totally new game types, DotA style games, custom unit creation, etc etc. It's virtually limitless. Let's not forget that Blizzard recently announced that it is developing map mods for SC2 like "Left for dead" and official "DotA."

When you combine the above aspects with almost perfectly balanced multi-player game-play featuring 3 totally different races, it's simply astounding how well this game was executed. The matchmaking is as perfect as it gets, the map editor adds thousands of potential game-play hours, and the story is top-notch for an RTS series. It just doesn't get much better than this.

The graphics are phenomenal. I don't know why anyone would complain about this aspect. Critics agree, and so do most people that these are the best RTS graphics ever produced. Some other games look more "realistic" But Blizzard was purposefully trying to capture the original style of SC1 that so many people loved. SC2 is nowhere near a simple remake of SC1. The intent was to keep the top of the line game mechanics that made SC1 so successful. The atmosphere of the game continues to drop jaws, and the mechanics just simply work perfectly for "strategic" game-eplay. There is a reason SC2 is the main MLG game, and it is revered as a sport in Korea. It's because it is so well balanced, so well executed, and so well supported. What other games create JOBS dishing out potentially $MILLIONS in prize money through professional competition?

Blizzard doesn't charge money to play this game after you buy it, even though it offers hundreds, even thousands of hours of online play. There are constant patch updates to fix every tiny balance issue, every tiny glitch. There is no game on the market that gets this kind of attention to maintaining the game. You buy any console game and chances are you get what you get, no updates, no patches. And on top of that you have to pay $5-$20 for "DLC." This is also true with most other PC games these days. With SC2 you can log in after a week and find custom maps that offer totally new experiences, and it doesn't cost a dime more. Blizzard could have easily kept the map editor in their own hands and released "DLC" to milk it's customers....

For $60 you will never get more entertainment hours than SC2 offers. I am very satisfied with what Blizzard has produced in SC2. If you are looking for the ultimate strategy game, SC2 is it.
  37. Dec 24, 2010
    Not only does this game build on the original award-winning game from 1998, but this game also brings in more features and drastically improves on the gameplay. If it is possible to take the best and make it better, Starcraft II : Wings of Liberty has done it. With several new abilities that boost the economy, like the terran M.U.L.E. , the zerg queen's spawn larvae ability, and theNot only does this game build on the original award-winning game from 1998, but this game also brings in more features and drastically improves on the gameplay. If it is possible to take the best and make it better, Starcraft II : Wings of Liberty has done it. With several new abilities that boost the economy, like the terran M.U.L.E. , the zerg queen's spawn larvae ability, and the protoss chronoboost ability, it makes building a large number of units quickly very easy. Also, there are several new units, like the terran Thor, the zerg roach, and the protoss stalker. Blizzard has also replaced several unbalanced units with better units, or made unbalanced units balanced. The terran goliath has been replaced with the viking, the zerg mutualisk has increased in price, and the zealot can now sprint towards its target. Blizzard has done it again. Expand
  38. Jan 9, 2011
    It was totally worth waiting the ten years of development, I believe this game to be one of the best strategy games to ever be produced by Blizzard Entertainment.
  39. Dec 29, 2010
    I absolutely love this game! The campaign has a few flaws, but is one of the best in the whole RTS genre. The online multiplayer is wonderful, and battle.net 2.0 works perfectly.
  40. Jan 4, 2011
    This game is great. period. The storyline is pretty good, and pretty long and all but a few missions are really fun. But in my opinion the main good thing about the game is the multi-player mode. Battlenet 2.0 is really good at finding and pairing you against people who have about your skill level, although rarely you get paired with someone who is way above or below your skill level. IThis game is great. period. The storyline is pretty good, and pretty long and all but a few missions are really fun. But in my opinion the main good thing about the game is the multi-player mode. Battlenet 2.0 is really good at finding and pairing you against people who have about your skill level, although rarely you get paired with someone who is way above or below your skill level. I have never played SC1, but i am very into other RTSs. I play the total war series and age of empires and stuff... everyone who is saying bad things about the game being the same as SC1 is basically complaining about what they asked for. It is NOT all hype. Sure the game is similar to SC1 most likely because that is what people wanted -- SC2, not a new and completely different game with the same title. It is NOT all hype. I went into the game expecting a good game, but not hyped on the SC1 hype, and it delivered a good game. Expand
  41. Jan 22, 2011
    Arguably the best stratagy game of all time starcrft 2 just brings a great story and a huge multiplayer will with a great chat system and profile system.. The make/game making is just fantastic and possibilitys are endless this game Diserves a 10
  42. Jan 28, 2011
    Best game ever. Best multiplayer. Blizzard improve the fantastic StarCraft. Batlle.net is a fabulous system, where you can play with your friends or strangers that are in the same level of you.
  43. Mar 12, 2011
    Ok here is a very late review of Starcraft 2 =)

Simply an amazing game. One of the most, if not THE most, polished game to have ever been released. The attention to detail in this game is very noticable and appreciated. Awesome singleplayer campaign, even if some might call the storyline cheesy I think it is quite alright and it succeeds very well in putting you in position to enjoy the
    Ok here is a very late review of Starcraft 2 =)

The attention to detail in this game is very noticable and appreciated.

Awesome singleplayer campaign, even if some might call the storyline cheesy I think it is quite alright and it succeeds very well in putting you in position to enjoy the strategy/tactical parts of the game which is what it is all about anyway.

Multiplayer is of course best in the world. Excellent balance of units/races and exciting matches both to play and to watch.

Although not the best in the genre the graphics are beautiful. Sound is even better.

The only downside I can think of is that the game only offers a terran campaign and leaves the zerg and protoss campaigns for future releases.

I think you still have to say the original Starcraft and it's expansion is the better game throughout gaming history but Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty has definitely made a good start. WIth equally good expansions/releases it could very well become the best Starcraft experience ever. Perhaps even the G.O.A.T. of all games!
  44. Mar 20, 2011
    What else can I say but MASTERPIECE. This game gets full marks in all areas. The single player is enjoyable and different yet deep. The Multiplayer is superb as expected and oh so competitive. The UI flows and is flawless and the game it's self runs on every PC which is something I like the most about it. Triple A stuff!
  45. Jul 29, 2011
    A good return to the Starcraft universe. The three races that made SC1 such a huge success are back and better than ever. Blizzard has done a very good job of giving each race new strategies and units. As for competitive matches, this game excels. The online functionality is for the most part excellent, but occasionally there are bugs. Fortunately they are usually quickly resolved. TheA good return to the Starcraft universe. The three races that made SC1 such a huge success are back and better than ever. Blizzard has done a very good job of giving each race new strategies and units. As for competitive matches, this game excels. The online functionality is for the most part excellent, but occasionally there are bugs. Fortunately they are usually quickly resolved. The online custom maps are another reason why I'm giving this game a high rating. The editor is amazing, and even more amazing are the things the map-making community is creating. Even though the online competition and the campaign are good, I feel that the custom maps are the best part about the game. Highly recommended to any PC gamer since this game can provide almost endless entertainment. Expand
  46. Mar 15, 2011
    Great game with an enjoyable storyline. Blizzard is really good with their plot development and cliffhangers - the story itself has some closure but leaves me wanting the heart of the swarm NOW. I will not play melee maps over and over again though - I'm just a casual gamer. However, the games are that are being made by the community are getting better and better! Its a pity that the worldGreat game with an enjoyable storyline. Blizzard is really good with their plot development and cliffhangers - the story itself has some closure but leaves me wanting the heart of the swarm NOW. I will not play melee maps over and over again though - I'm just a casual gamer. However, the games are that are being made by the community are getting better and better! Its a pity that the world editor has gotten so complex! Expand
  47. Mar 17, 2011
    Dear everyone complaining about this game, OF COURSE it is just Starcraft with some polish, Starcraft is one of the best games of all time! Why would they make any radical changes? I mean THINK for once in your "I'll divert from the crowd and hate this game" life.
  48. Mar 25, 2011
    Best RTS ever played. I'm a old RTS gamer since Dune I, Dune II, C&C and etc.
    It's brand new (some imbalance appears as normal in RTS world) and is already awesome. The next expansions and patches for sure will lead this game to the top #1 as most played RTS in world. Getting error: Score (4.0) id must be a floating point number.
  49. Mar 26, 2011
    One hundred percent win. One hundred percent win. One hundred percent win. One hundred percent win. One hundred percent win. One hundred percent win. One hundred percent win. One hundred percent win.
  50. Apr 5, 2011
    This is possibly THE best game ever. The multiplayer is smooth, The campaign is unique, The game is VERY, VERY balanced. There is nothing bad about this. The only people giving this bad reviews are people who have honestly played it before.
  51. Dec 15, 2011
    absolutely amazing game, best RTS in my opinion, excellent graphics, gameplay and even community. excellent to play at LAN parties and the perfect game for competitive play. the multiplayer is so well balanced between the races and the campaign is well designed and is great fun, well done blizzard.
  52. Apr 19, 2011
    Lives up to its namesake. I'd say more, but really, 'nuff said. It didn't have to do anything more. The game has the classic gameplay that everyone has grown to love, over a decade while also innovating into a new metagame. This game will last a long time.
  53. Apr 20, 2011
    Having played it for the last 8 months, Starcraft II is a phenomenal game that is a worthy successor to SC1. For fans of Real-Time-Strategy games, this is a must buy. Blizzard does an excellent job of making the game easy to pick up but incredibly hard to master. The most daunting aspect for any buyer is jumping into the multiplayer scene. Many of the players are extremely skilled so itHaving played it for the last 8 months, Starcraft II is a phenomenal game that is a worthy successor to SC1. For fans of Real-Time-Strategy games, this is a must buy. Blizzard does an excellent job of making the game easy to pick up but incredibly hard to master. The most daunting aspect for any buyer is jumping into the multiplayer scene. Many of the players are extremely skilled so it can be discouraging when faced against these people. Blizzard has tried hard to create a robust match making system so players are placed against people of similar skill. For the most part they have succeeded, but there are still plenty of gamers who abuse loopholes to match against beginners.

If you are looking for a well designed RTS that will no doubt maintain a robust community for years to come, Starcraft 2 is right for you.
  54. Apr 26, 2011
    Although the game doesn't have the level of polish I would expect from a game of this caliber, it is still incredibly good. I enjoyed the campaign, but really like the focus on multiplayer play. I never got into the first game's multiplayer, but have played many other RTS online, and can say that it is very refreshing to see the level of balance and uniqueness in the units in this game.Although the game doesn't have the level of polish I would expect from a game of this caliber, it is still incredibly good. I enjoyed the campaign, but really like the focus on multiplayer play. I never got into the first game's multiplayer, but have played many other RTS online, and can say that it is very refreshing to see the level of balance and uniqueness in the units in this game. Custom maps keep the game fresh, and I have no major complaints since it came out. Easily the best RTS I have ever played.

My final score: 9.5/10
  55. May 18, 2011
    Awesome multiplayer, awesome graphics, and awesome RTS gameplay. Challenging gameplay (multiplayer) allows for long periods of game time. Modern port allows for perseverance of the series. It's constantly being updated and has an unlimited amounts of maps (with custom maps). Most importantly it's fun and addictive!
  56. Oct 24, 2011
    "If it aint broke, don't fix it". This game changes very little from SCI, but it doesn't really need to. It is fresh enough to warrant having a "2" put on it, and still it feels alot like "1", enough to bring back great memories from the first game.
    I dunno how many hours I have played this game, but one thing is for certain, it was never dull. The campaign I liked, alot (first campaign I have ever finished for an RTS, I never really played SC1's campaign, I just played skirmishes), the multiplayer (as always is awesome). All in all, its a great game.
  57. May 29, 2011
    This is basicly Starcraft 1 with modernized graphics. There are minor enrichenments to the gameplay, but overall is nearly identical as in the previous game. Campaign is great, I can safely say its greatest single player campaign in any RTS ever.
  58. May 27, 2011
    The long awaited return of StarCraft. What can i say,except that multiplayer is fantastic as in StarCraft 1, fun and fast. I really hope to see some of the old units from StarCraft1: Brood War in StarCraft 2 (Lurkers ftw! :) ) when Heart of the Swarm comes out.
  59. Nov 30, 2011
    Really good game, nice gameplay, great graphics. The only downside is this competitive thinking of most of people on the ladder online. It pushes the fun away whereas if you play with a friend or two, the game gets another dimension of fun! Campaign is alright and help you to get into the multiplayer quite quickly. But you can skip it, the game is worth for the multiplayer on its own.
  60. Jun 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really think, this game is the best multiplayer game, i have ever played! It is really funny to play alone ladder or you can also play with your friends. There are also a lot of games made by players which have nothing to do with the original gameplay. Of course to creat maps and games with the editor is at the beginning very hard, but with a bit of time, it also makes a lot of fun. Last but not least, is there a really big online community and so many cups, casts, and replays to watch, it is unbelieveble how funny it is to watch pros playing the game. All in all I think starcraft is with all his tactics and diffrent possibilitys to game, also after 50 hours of playing and watching so interresting as in the first minutes. It is just an awesome game! Expand
  61. Jul 5, 2011
    Starcraft is another one of Blizzards legacy games it will be around for while just like Diablo and WOW you have to appreciated these games for what they are if your not into them well that's too bad because Blizzard polishes there games with TLC unlike other great games out there which are buggy beyond belief. Starcraft II is a great strategy game and the mechanics are setting greatStarcraft is another one of Blizzards legacy games it will be around for while just like Diablo and WOW you have to appreciated these games for what they are if your not into them well that's too bad because Blizzard polishes there games with TLC unlike other great games out there which are buggy beyond belief. Starcraft II is a great strategy game and the mechanics are setting great examples for future Strategy games. As far as the story goes, well you have to know the older game stories to appreciate this continuing story which i think is just perfection. Expand
  62. Jul 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This a right way of Real-Time Strategy game. Remain the game-play of resource gathering and base building. LAN play has been removed, this is a good way to anti-piracy. Expand
  63. Jul 12, 2011
    I've come to expect a lot out of Blizzard since i first started playing their games (I started with Warcraft 2). And with each release (except World of Warcraft, I do not play MMORPG's) they take what I expect, and add even more. Starcraft 2 exceeds all of my expectations and adds things I never knew I needed.

The control interface is extremely important in RTS games and this is one is

The control interface is extremely important in RTS games and this is one is hands down one of the easiest to use, and as precise as a razor. Using the tab key to select different unit types within a control group was ingenious. Hot keys bound to similar keys throughout all the armies, no more remembering what the ability is called to use it. But typically E is engage and D is disengage. And the presentations is beautiful. Not only this, but it is extremely smooth for the amount of action the game shows onscreen. Just look at gameplay videos and screenshots to see how great it looks.

Better yet, the multiplayer is addictive and fun. New units have arrived, and they fill multiple roles. Vultures and firebats are NOT in multiplayer, instead they are replaced by a Hellion that fills both roles in one unit. There are many more instances like this, but I'm not going to carry on with all the changes. And custom maps are there to give you fresh change of pace and play some interesting maps that are sometimes nothing like the original game.

In the end the singleplayer is engaging and fun, the mulitplayer will keep you coming back for more, the graphics are slick and smooth, all coming together to create a game well worth it's cost, and another heavy hitter title under Blizzard's belt. Absolutely worth getting!
  64. Jan 22, 2012
    StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is the sequel to the big eSport ever made, and what a sequel. It features modern graphics, new units, new maps, classic maps reworked, all this makes the best eSport ever. And i'm just talking about multiplayer. The campaign have great missions, beautiful cinematics, and a great plot. Waiting for Heart of the Swarm :P
  65. Jul 25, 2011
    Best RTS ever made. Better than sc1 in every way. This game is hands down the greatest game ever made. Everything about the original was improved to a great degree, from match making to game balance. The new units add a lot of new strategies as do new mechanics such as destructible rocks, xel'naga watch towers and the addition of a second gas node at every base.
  66. Sep 16, 2011
    As if this needs another 10. It has the best RTS story I've ever seen. Starcraft is one of those few RTS games that actually understand what the "S" stands for. Units are perfectly balanced and the counters are simply genious. It allows for many different playing styles without giving anyone an advantage. In addition, the super-powerful map editor gives players an unlimited amount ofAs if this needs another 10. It has the best RTS story I've ever seen. Starcraft is one of those few RTS games that actually understand what the "S" stands for. Units are perfectly balanced and the counters are simply genious. It allows for many different playing styles without giving anyone an advantage. In addition, the super-powerful map editor gives players an unlimited amount of replay value once they make their way to the custom games list. Starcraft is the best RTS game on the market and you'd be a fool to think otherwise. Expand
  67. Oct 4, 2011
    A game that I sitll play once a week, after more then an year after its release is an amazing thing!
    Campaign was fun! but multiplayer got me hooked! great game!
  68. Oct 25, 2011
    This game is more than worthy of being the successor to one of my all time favorites. As expected, Blizzard delivers! Every aspect is outstanding. The only gripes I can come up with was that you could not turn the game speed down on Hard mode... which makes it more frustrating than difficult trying to manage 10 things at the same time. Players not familiar with the original wouldn'tThis game is more than worthy of being the successor to one of my all time favorites. As expected, Blizzard delivers! Every aspect is outstanding. The only gripes I can come up with was that you could not turn the game speed down on Hard mode... which makes it more frustrating than difficult trying to manage 10 things at the same time. Players not familiar with the original wouldn't get the hype. One really should play the original in its entirety before taking on this gem of a game. I do not consider the multi-player aspects in this review. It forces one to use Battle.Net, which isn't really a bad thing for the majority of players. Expand
  69. Nov 16, 2011
    This is truly the real masterpiece everyone's talking about. If you have any interess in Blizzard's games or RTS type of games, get this at all cost !
  70. Oct 28, 2011
    This is the best polished RTS game out there. The game is very stable and very enjoyable to play, and even more enjoyable to watch professional games.
  71. Oct 28, 2011
    Fantastic game. The campaign is fun and unlocking objectives is engaging. The on-line matching system is good at finding you a suitable opponent once you've played some games. Lots of things to do in SC2 so the value for $60 is maximum. There are also plenty of websites that you can look at to learn to play better.
  72. Nov 6, 2011
    The single player game is fun and each mission gives a different type of challenge rather than just tweak variables of existing challenges. The multiplayer is where I value this game, it has everything - competitive or cooperative for 2-8 players with standard SC2 skirmish fare, or what I love, the custom maps. These have competitive countless Tower Defense games, RPGs, co-operativeThe single player game is fun and each mission gives a different type of challenge rather than just tweak variables of existing challenges. The multiplayer is where I value this game, it has everything - competitive or cooperative for 2-8 players with standard SC2 skirmish fare, or what I love, the custom maps. These have competitive countless Tower Defense games, RPGs, co-operative challenges, some DoTA clones, etc and keep making more and more. This is like how the Source Engine was to FPS Mods as SC2 is to RTS / Top-down mods

Only annoying thing for me is that skirmish mode is not available offline. This means you can only play the single player campaign offline. Not a major issue for me as I don't travel as much anymore and thus effectively always-connected.
  73. Nov 8, 2011
    Starcraft has done it again. Yes terran may be a little be unbalanced, I don't see any other game thats as great as this game. The campaign was great, and online was better. They improved the graphics and brought in more units to the fight. This game is hands down the best stragedy game out there.
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    Genius game, sequel to possibly the best RTS to have ever been created. Blizzard again deliver on their 25 year long standard of only releasing fully polished games with Starcraft 2 with a single player that fans of Brood War and newcomers to the series can both enjoy, and more importantly a multiplayer designed by Zeus himself. The balance is superb, the units engaging and theGenius game, sequel to possibly the best RTS to have ever been created. Blizzard again deliver on their 25 year long standard of only releasing fully polished games with Starcraft 2 with a single player that fans of Brood War and newcomers to the series can both enjoy, and more importantly a multiplayer designed by Zeus himself. The balance is superb, the units engaging and the opportunities for funky tactics to surprise your opponent limitless. There is a reason why this is already the best e-sport game out there today. Expand
  75. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing. Just amazing. SC2 is awesome both single and multiplayer. Many people complain this is the same gameplay as before but the SC1 didn't need to be altered. I like the new units and the balancing between the races. I look forward to the expansion with other new units and strategies.
  76. Nov 12, 2011
    Truly amazing, multiplayer is a blast when you play with friends and single player can really be a challenge, if you like these kinds of games ( which I didn't have so much hype about when it first got release ). I don't see how people can put a low score on this, you can play without an internet connection, sure there's no lan but nobody would really use that anymore, battle-net server'sTruly amazing, multiplayer is a blast when you play with friends and single player can really be a challenge, if you like these kinds of games ( which I didn't have so much hype about when it first got release ). I don't see how people can put a low score on this, you can play without an internet connection, sure there's no lan but nobody would really use that anymore, battle-net server's never lag even across-sea. Expand
  77. Dec 23, 2011
    I can't believe a game this long in development emerged AHEAD of games at the time. I wish I could have given this game an 11, I would have been fine with another expansion to the original Starcraft. But no, Blizzard goes above and beyond and gives me cinematics of godlike proportions, choices, great graphics, STELLAR characters (I can't remember the last time I loved the characters inI can't believe a game this long in development emerged AHEAD of games at the time. I wish I could have given this game an 11, I would have been fine with another expansion to the original Starcraft. But no, Blizzard goes above and beyond and gives me cinematics of godlike proportions, choices, great graphics, STELLAR characters (I can't remember the last time I loved the characters in game this much), AND even more strategy and insanely good story layout. Id recommend this game highly to anyone who enjoyed Starcraft at any point in their life, this game will suck you right back in! EDIT: Also, the final hammer on the head for me that some of you may find laughable, is that they made this for MAC and PC. They had no reason to, but they did, and it shows compassion and loyalty to fans I haven't seen in any company since Valve Expand
  78. Mar 12, 2013
    It improves on every aspect of the original. Beautiful graphics, fantastically told story... What really blew my mind? How every single cutscene is so beautiful. My favourite scene was hands down the recreation of Sarah Kerrigan's death. It was flawless. There's just nothing quite like StarCraft.
  79. Nov 27, 2011
    Many of these negative review people say that this game is a total copy of SC1 with slightly better graphics. SLIGHTLY?!??! There is new animations for EVERYTHING. The graphics put on ultra are nothing short of AMAZING. Sure these graphics suck....on a pentium 3....This is my most played video game by far, and I have alot. There is tons of new units and abilities. People that say thisMany of these negative review people say that this game is a total copy of SC1 with slightly better graphics. SLIGHTLY?!??! There is new animations for EVERYTHING. The graphics put on ultra are nothing short of AMAZING. Sure these graphics suck....on a pentium 3....This is my most played video game by far, and I have alot. There is tons of new units and abilities. People that say this game is redundant obviously haven't played it, or are just absolutely terrible enough to not notice any new feautures. But I seriously don't see how this game isn't visually new...SC1 looks like horrible crap (but was still fun as hell), and this game is amazing looking. The only people that don't like this game are the people that suck at it, and probably suck at video games overall. Most likely CoD-kids that liked the cover art on the box. Expand
  80. Nov 29, 2011
    Quite simply, the greatest game I've ever played. Multiplayer is amazing fun, the races are overall well balanced, the units do need a tiny bit of work but they're still sexy, and the gameplay itself is a ton of fun. I don't have much more to say beyond that, it's the epitome of gaming, it's the finest RTS, it's the pinnacle of strategy
  81. Jan 20, 2012
    Truly one of the best games ever made. It may take work to get the hang of it but starcraft 2 is by far the most amazing experiences a game can produce. Blizzard really took the time to make sure that the game was perfect. This games is a must buy.
  82. Jan 30, 2012
    This game took a really long time to come out and when it did I really couldn't spot much difference with Starcraft one in terms of gameplay :). Now is that a good or bad thing? I guess we can only answer this ourselves. I've answered with my score.
  83. Nov 28, 2012
    This is, and without a doubt, the greatest RTS game ever made.

Those who try very hard to be cool and buck the mainstream would beg to differ, but morons like that beg to differ about everything.

This game is popular for a reason, people. There simply isn't a better RTS game available right now.

Not an opinion. Fact.
  84. Feb 24, 2012
    Sometimes a few simple words can describe what u think about something better than a thousand words. In Starcraft II it's the case: This game is released since late 2010. We have 2012 now and i still play this game every second day. What better compliment can a game get?
  85. May 20, 2012
    This game is amazing. what other game, of any genre, has this level of replayability? A campaign that is varied, addictive, has a great story and characters, as well as being long without becoming tedious or boring, on top of being challenging. The multiplayer is challenging, but it is so accessible to new players (such as myself when I bought it), and the ranking system is one of the mostThis game is amazing. what other game, of any genre, has this level of replayability? A campaign that is varied, addictive, has a great story and characters, as well as being long without becoming tedious or boring, on top of being challenging. The multiplayer is challenging, but it is so accessible to new players (such as myself when I bought it), and the ranking system is one of the most efficient ones I've ever encountered. On top of all this, there is the map editor and custom games section, which has SSOOOOOOO much content that it is essentially giving you 100 games in 1 (people have even recreated the SC1 campaign with the editor). All in all, one of the greatest game sI have ever played, and don't judge it for taking 12 years to make: it's here, and it's a great game. Would you prefer a game that took 2 years to make, like say, Call of Duty? I thought not. Expand
  86. Apr 2, 2012
    It takes everything you loved about Starcraft and makes it bigger, better, and more beautiful. The most notable addition, though, is the campaign. Instead of upgrading on a mission to mission basis, between missions you are essentially playing a point and click adventure that not only looks beautiful, but allows you to get additional information on the story, but it is from here that youIt takes everything you loved about Starcraft and makes it bigger, better, and more beautiful. The most notable addition, though, is the campaign. Instead of upgrading on a mission to mission basis, between missions you are essentially playing a point and click adventure that not only looks beautiful, but allows you to get additional information on the story, but it is from here that you can upgrade your arsenal and it stays with you throughout each mission. At first I was upset about only getting the Terran campaign with this single game, but the 30 missions and the promise of at least two more equally large expansions more than makes up for it when they are this good. Expand
  87. Dec 3, 2012
    Outside of SC:BW, it's the best RTS out there. I've put hundreds of hours into this game and enjoyed almost every minute of it. Right now zerg is super imba, (I play random), and the game seems to suffer from waves of imba ness.
  88. SaH
    Apr 30, 2012
    I was wondering, how high can I rate SC2. And the answer is one. It's one of the best game I played, with great emotions and fun during multiplayer game. Single player give some more less fun, but we must remember, that it's only a tutorial for multiplayer. Story is not so great as in SC1, but it is only Terran part, lets wait for more... And game? Fun, music, even graphic (for some pplI was wondering, how high can I rate SC2. And the answer is one. It's one of the best game I played, with great emotions and fun during multiplayer game. Single player give some more less fun, but we must remember, that it's only a tutorial for multiplayer. Story is not so great as in SC1, but it is only Terran part, lets wait for more... And game? Fun, music, even graphic (for some ppl outdated) - everything do the job, and game, as a whole is just great. There aren't much games, that make me sit against monitor for couple of months, and SC2 did it. Expand
  89. May 15, 2012
    This is the best game known to man! i play this game as much as possible and once i started playing SC2 i just couldn't play any other game. I highly recommend this beautiful game but SC2 heart of the swarm is coming out soon this fall you might wanna wait for it, WARNING THIS GAME IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! IT IS THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!
  90. May 18, 2012
    Simply the smoothest, most balanced RTS game since the first Starcraft. Those that complain about graphics or story, no serious SC player has ever cared about those things. Good players play with lowest graphic settings just to reduce framelag.
  91. Oct 15, 2013
    A job well done Blizzard, this is everything a fan of Starcraft can dream of, the graphics, the animations, the effects... everything is just amazing, the story is simply great very addictive, i don't see a point of writing a long thought out review about it's pluses and minuses... cause i simply like everything about this game.
  92. May 24, 2012
    Comparing to Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 is a much better and complete game. Starcraft 2 really continue the legend of Starcraft with so many updates and new things to make it an even better game. Diablo 3 has been released and I had spend sometimes on it, but Diablo 3 is a serous disappointment and it is the worst game ever while people wrongly believe it is good just because of wonderfulComparing to Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 is a much better and complete game. Starcraft 2 really continue the legend of Starcraft with so many updates and new things to make it an even better game. Diablo 3 has been released and I had spend sometimes on it, but Diablo 3 is a serous disappointment and it is the worst game ever while people wrongly believe it is good just because of wonderful marketing. I really enjoy the marketing of Diablo 3 with so many advertisements and events to make people feel like Diablo 3 is the best game ever but everyone fall into this marketing trap. Just look at this, starcraft 2 has 8.1 points user reviews points while Diablo 3 only has 4.1 now. 8.1 is almost double of 4.1 while 10 is the upper limit. Everything in Starcraft 2 is well designed and you can just feel it after playing it. I am sure the team who makes starcraft 2 is not the same team as Diablo 3, because anyone can just feel Diablo 3 is not even close to complete, Diablo 3 is just a beta of a demo, the design team doesn't even try to make it longer and create a game system which can last for long. People can play Starcraft 2 for 10 years and still find it is even more fun with crazy many patches. I download and install starcraft 2 patches with at least 30 minutes, that is a lot of patches just like Windows 7 itself. I played Diablo 3 for like 30 minutes then already feel it is so boring. It is just stupid to ask for Diablo 3 players to just play the exact same game again after finish the game once. Graphic of Starcraft 2 is actually much better than Diablo 3 even starcraft 2 is made 2 years ago. Anyway Diablo 3 is a pixxx of shxx while starcraft 2 is the best of its kind. Don't buy the crazy expensive but horrible quality Diablo 3 just because of its marketing effect, make the right choice. Expand
  93. Mar 9, 2013
    Even though the campaign story was a bit disappointing this is still one of my favorite games of all time. The campaign though having a bad story is still quite fun the first couple of playthroughs. The multiplayer is fantastic and even though the constant cheesing can be annoying, the macro games are so much fun and very different from game to game. The arcade is also much fun if you getEven though the campaign story was a bit disappointing this is still one of my favorite games of all time. The campaign though having a bad story is still quite fun the first couple of playthroughs. The multiplayer is fantastic and even though the constant cheesing can be annoying, the macro games are so much fun and very different from game to game. The arcade is also much fun if you get tired of melee matches, and even though the maps aren't nearly as good as the ones in Warcraft 3, they're still pretty good. I will be playing this game for years from now on so even though the story was poor i'm still gonna give it 10/10. Expand
  94. Dec 26, 2012
    Best game ever made period, if i could score it an 11 i would.
    In all my years of gaming i have never played a game as addictive as this.
    This game literally created a new hobby for me and i will continue to play it for the rest of my life, absolutly incredible game.
  95. Jun 9, 2012
    Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty is the best 'Real-time strategy' ever made. It doesn't need to be explained. The singleplayer is cool, it's shifty and it gives many different style of maps, in one map you are running from the zerg, in other you are battling the protoss, and vice versa. The multiplayer is the focus of the game, it can be seen from far. Blizzard is still making updates to keepStarcraft 2: Wings of Liberty is the best 'Real-time strategy' ever made. It doesn't need to be explained. The singleplayer is cool, it's shifty and it gives many different style of maps, in one map you are running from the zerg, in other you are battling the protoss, and vice versa. The multiplayer is the focus of the game, it can be seen from far. Blizzard is still making updates to keep the races balanced, the custom games are fun, and the arcade thingy will put the custom gaming into new dimensions. Expand
  96. Jun 10, 2012
    This is a remake of Starcraft pure and simple. I can appreciate those who were expecting something radically different would be disappointed. It is a remake, and a fantastic remake it is. The balance of the 3 races is exceptional, refined over numerous patches. As with all blizzard games, the attention to detail is exceptional and the visuals are breathtaking. The campaign is an acceptableThis is a remake of Starcraft pure and simple. I can appreciate those who were expecting something radically different would be disappointed. It is a remake, and a fantastic remake it is. The balance of the 3 races is exceptional, refined over numerous patches. As with all blizzard games, the attention to detail is exceptional and the visuals are breathtaking. The campaign is an acceptable length, but not overly long. However, the multiplayer is something else entirely, with arguably the best multiplayer experience of any strategy game to date. If you enjoy real time strategy games with resource management, there is nothing better. Expand
  97. Jun 15, 2012
    I am extremely stunned to read some of the user reviews on this site. This game is quite possibly one of the best if not the best game ever made. A lot of you complain about the story, it may have its holes yes, but the fundamental aspect of Starcraft 2 is its multiplayer. It is unmatched in the RTS genre and you cant put any other RTS infront of it. Ive played tons and tons of other RTSI am extremely stunned to read some of the user reviews on this site. This game is quite possibly one of the best if not the best game ever made. A lot of you complain about the story, it may have its holes yes, but the fundamental aspect of Starcraft 2 is its multiplayer. It is unmatched in the RTS genre and you cant put any other RTS infront of it. Ive played tons and tons of other RTS and I did not find love.. at all. When I played the original Starcraft I was bewildered with being able to play with 3 races with unlimited possibilities,strategies and mental focus. This game LIVES online, South Korea has declared it a national sport and Starcraft players are currently the highest paid professional gamers. I cannot begin to describe to you the amount of strategy and techniques it takes to beat your opponent 1v1. You cant get sick of this game honestly. 10/10 score for this game Thank you critics for agreeing with me! Expand
  98. Jul 1, 2012
    This game is a worthy sequel. The perfectly fitting graphic adds up to the skill based game-play.
    The user base is very mature and rounds up the beautiful experience this competitive game creates.
  99. Jul 30, 2012
    Great Game and Huge replay value, one of the few Game's i played through not just once but 3 times just to get all those shiny Achievements ;)

Also has one of the best Multiplayer Mode's and Communities in the gaming industry. The Multiplayer matches are highly entertaining, not only to play for yourself but also to watch. Great game overall and lifes up to the first starcraft

1. Jan 18, 2011
    "Quotation Forthcoming"
  2. Jan 18, 2011
    If you are into real time strategy in any form, it's hard to ignore Starcraft II.
  3. Dec 24, 2010
    Perfectly balanced multiplayer with old school elements intact, and rich and dynamic single player campaigns. [Issue#244, p.102]