Strike Vector PC

8.0

1. Feb 2, 2014
    I bought Strike Vector thinking it was a finished, smooth, and overall fun game. I could have not been more wrong. The re-spawn system is the most terrible experience I've had as a gamer. If you thought that you could learn the game offline with bots, you can't. I was forced to "learn" the controls and game-play while crashing into walls on re-spawn and hating every second of thisI bought Strike Vector thinking it was a finished, smooth, and overall fun game. I could have not been more wrong. The re-spawn system is the most terrible experience I've had as a gamer. If you thought that you could learn the game offline with bots, you can't. I was forced to "learn" the controls and game-play while crashing into walls on re-spawn and hating every second of this experience. Do not buy this hack of an "fps". Expand
  2. May 9, 2015
    Very disappointed with this game. Despite looking very pretty and shiny and having some impressive aircraft customization with weapons and support accessories, the game has very little to it in the way of the gameplay. The control is terrible. By default your craft moves extremely slowly, and if you get your rocket boost activated, you fly out of control and unable to make so much as aVery disappointed with this game. Despite looking very pretty and shiny and having some impressive aircraft customization with weapons and support accessories, the game has very little to it in the way of the gameplay. The control is terrible. By default your craft moves extremely slowly, and if you get your rocket boost activated, you fly out of control and unable to make so much as a slight movement without your craft losing any sense of direction.

The single player missions consist of poorly constructed challenges where your sole job is to fly through hoops and occasionally shoot at something that doesn't shoot back at you, all this happening under a strict time limit. You're not given any sort of tutorials on customizing your craft. You're just thrown into a hangar area with a bunch of weapons and support equipment without any idea what each of them does and in which situations they come useful. The game also has a multiplayer, with almost nobody on the servers, but presence of multiplayer is not an excuse. If the game is going to have single player missions, they should be interesting and good, and not only added as an afterthought.

I didn't enjoy the music either and found its grungy rock riffs quite jarring.

1. Mar 18, 2014
    Serving three masters as it does, Strike Vector might not have a whole lot of mass-market appeal, but what it lacks in that field, it more than makes up for by being a gorgeous, intensely competitive experience that matches its aesthetic appeal with pure shooter satisfaction.
  2. Feb 21, 2014
    The most pressing issue is the lack of community, with most servers empty at the time of this review. But if the dev can keep the content coming and work out the kinks, this game could really take-off.
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    There’s a great twitch game beneath this hostile exterior, but Ragequit can’t afford to test players’ endurance on so many levels if its niche shooter is to thrive.