6.5

1. Jun 5, 2014
    This is one of those games that you have to spend hours to play in order to get places, but still is one of my favorite games for PC, you have thousands of people under your command, attacking places and taking them are very fun, and can be some of the best battles I have had in games, if you are into strategy, and want a huge war-like game, that can keep you for hours, I definitelyThis is one of those games that you have to spend hours to play in order to get places, but still is one of my favorite games for PC, you have thousands of people under your command, attacking places and taking them are very fun, and can be some of the best battles I have had in games, if you are into strategy, and want a huge war-like game, that can keep you for hours, I definitely suggest this one. Expand
  2. AnonymousMC
    Sep 16, 2008
    This game had a big potential but the publishers didn't do a good job, and the developers could have done a little better on the graphics.

Nevertheless, the game is still great, and you can download the free Add-on (a must!) the multiplayer experience is very good, it will make your heart beat and it will keep you hyper all the time, it's a shame that sales were not that good and the community is rather small, or many of them are playing through private IPs. The game has a dedicated server they added with the add-on to replace the gamespy system which was a terrible mistake. A big plus is the MAP editor, which is awesome, and will expand the game life greatly. You can create really cool maps for multiplayer and singleplayer, there's some people already doing so.

One of the best games in the genre, with massive battles and pretty nice campaings, some better than others.
  3. RTUSA
    Jun 3, 2008
    As of this date, I give it an 8. Shortly, new patch is coming out to modify some of the gameplay issues plus the editor is coming. This game should be a 10 once the new patch is available. If you've never played a Sudden Strike game, it is unique gameplay on large artistic maps and you control individually up to 2000 realistic military units. It's great fun for the armchair general!
  4. PaulClarke
    May 25, 2008
    Unit selection and control is a nightmare. IN the heat of battle it's next to impossible to control what really needs to be controlled. Units mix and merge, one arong turn and entire squads are wiped in nano-seconds.

This may be realistic, but it doesn't make for fun gameplay, and as far as realism goes, other games do it better. Overall, could be a decent game, but a very

Overall, could be a decent game, but a very ropey control system ruins the day for all but the most masochitic players.
  5. GrahamEvans
    May 14, 2008
    A great disappointment. Sudden Strike 2 was so good, this is just too big. I let it run for an hour whilst I read the newspaper, as my intervention didn't seem to make much difference, just waves of my troops landing and being wiped out. Who cares who wins?
  6. D.A/
    Jan 25, 2008
    Weak, resource hog 3D RTS that does not live up to the name Sudden Strike. What a waste!

1. The level design appears to be somewhat lacklustre (there's too much 'take this point! And now this one!'), but it's still an enjoyable romp. [Mar 2008, p.85]
  2. Play (Poland)
    It starts really poorly - even the disgracefully short tutorial uncovers the deficiencies of this title, namely units getting lost and jerky sounds resembling old electronic games. Then the first mission sucks you in for good. Diversity of situations you face precludes any possibility of boredom, but the presentation and unit AI deserved much more attention. [March 2008]
  3. Shortcomings aside, Arms for Victory is bound to suck you into its fold in short order. The immense battles with thousands of various units at your command are simply epic.