Super Meat Boy PC

8.3

1. Feb 11, 2013
    This isn't my type of game, but i'm not going to let that make me write negative things about it. Now I never heard of this game till I saw a few of my friends playing it, really enjoying it and then when I first saw this game on sale for 3.50$ on steam I got it, in the end I sure did get my money's worth, the gameplay is simple and the cutscences are cute, but I wasn't really able toThis isn't my type of game, but i'm not going to let that make me write negative things about it. Now I never heard of this game till I saw a few of my friends playing it, really enjoying it and then when I first saw this game on sale for 3.50$ on steam I got it, in the end I sure did get my money's worth, the gameplay is simple and the cutscences are cute, but I wasn't really able to complete the whole game since I wasn't that good, the challenge was to great. While playing it I discovered that this game had history behind it which is interested to play like an old arcade game. This game is very well polished the boss missions are rewarding and the time consumption is overwhelmingly satisfying. I would recommend to this to only one who are indie, platformer players because you are going to love this game. Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2013
    First things first: BUY A 360 CONTROLLER. Seriously. The keyboard controls are crappy. Utter garbage controls. But if you use a controller to play this game, you will have a lot more fun with this masterpiece of a game. 300+ levels, secret characters, so much in this game. Now, I have beaten more levels than all of my Steam friends by at least 50. But doing so resulted in me dying over 10First things first: BUY A 360 CONTROLLER. Seriously. The keyboard controls are crappy. Utter garbage controls. But if you use a controller to play this game, you will have a lot more fun with this masterpiece of a game. 300+ levels, secret characters, so much in this game. Now, I have beaten more levels than all of my Steam friends by at least 50. But doing so resulted in me dying over 10 000 times. THE GAME COUNTS HOW MANY TIMES YOU DIE. If you love old-school platformers, buy this game. Seriously, buy this game. Oh, I didn't leave, I'm waiting. Expand
  3. Apr 5, 2014
    um dos melhores indies já feitos, simples, uma ótima jogabilidade, perfeito, um dos seus únicos problemas é depois de um tempo ele começa a ficar enjoativo, ainda mais quando você está jogando atravéz de um teclado, dá vontade de quebrar o PC na parede
  4. Jan 11, 2014
    Very nice by the standarts of indie game. And incredibly hard, like INCREDIBLY, I almost broke my fingers and I'm only in 2nd world lol :)
    9/10 from my point of view. Old 2d-platformer fans wont be disappointed ))
  5. Nov 1, 2013
    This game relies solely on luck. I'm only playing it to get the achievements; otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time. Leaderboards are a joke, as players have found ways to beat levels in 0.00 seconds. This game was also clearly made for the Xbox as some menu buttons don't even work (space bar to accept option changes is completely unresponsive, for example) and Xbox controls are shown inThis game relies solely on luck. I'm only playing it to get the achievements; otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time. Leaderboards are a joke, as players have found ways to beat levels in 0.00 seconds. This game was also clearly made for the Xbox as some menu buttons don't even work (space bar to accept option changes is completely unresponsive, for example) and Xbox controls are shown in a few areas. I'm not having any fun playing this game anymore—it's more of an assignment now. Expand
  6. Feb 13, 2014
    Skillbased 2D side-scrolling platformer at it's finest a must have!

This will get you through some tough emotions. It will make you rage, cry, despair, break stuff but it will also deliver you an unbelievable amount of fun!
  7. Jul 13, 2013
    Truly lives up to its name of being one of the toughest platformers out there. It makes you rage a lot and I found it to be a hell of an experience playing it. There's no better feeling of beating a hard platformer for a gamer like myself. It was very long and can be played for quite some time. It is DEFINITELY worth the price if you like platformers. If you like hard platformers, marryTruly lives up to its name of being one of the toughest platformers out there. It makes you rage a lot and I found it to be a hell of an experience playing it. There's no better feeling of beating a hard platformer for a gamer like myself. It was very long and can be played for quite some time. It is DEFINITELY worth the price if you like platformers. If you like hard platformers, marry Team Meat. (The Developers) Expand
  8. Jul 13, 2013
    Overall, Super Meat Boy for the PC is an eight. Although Super Meat Boy is a simple yet great looking game with many fantastically designed levels, I feel like the game 'cheats' too much. By this I mean unfair deaths. Most of the time when a player dies, the player will feel like it is their fault for the death. And just because Super Meat Boy is challenging does NOT mean it's unfair. IOverall, Super Meat Boy for the PC is an eight. Although Super Meat Boy is a simple yet great looking game with many fantastically designed levels, I feel like the game 'cheats' too much. By this I mean unfair deaths. Most of the time when a player dies, the player will feel like it is their fault for the death. And just because Super Meat Boy is challenging does NOT mean it's unfair. I seem to die too often by the game not responding to my key presses when I jump or sway (and no, my keyboard is not wireless or cheap). The other issue that bothers me about the PC version are the control settings. There's no way to change the awkward spacing of the controls. Setting aside the rage moments, Super Meat Boy is a fun and challenging platformer with fantastic art design, epic music that will rock your socks, and overall challenging levels that will put your skills to the test. Expand
  9. Aug 20, 2013
    A platformer that breaks rule number one for it's genre and of course I mean DON'T MASSACRE THE CONTROLS! On top of the god awful control scheme the game is just boring. They wanna be like retro platformers but they failed to be even as interesting as the original Super Mario Bros. It's sad because I absolutely loved the Binding of Isaac.
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    Fun, hilarious, challenging, inspired, and a prime example that a small team of truly driven artists can create something on par (and better in many ways) with what a lot of big name companies with huge teams are capable of. Super Meat Boy will take your hand-eye and your patience to it's limit all while you laugh at the sheer brilliance that is this game. I've honestly never had soFun, hilarious, challenging, inspired, and a prime example that a small team of truly driven artists can create something on par (and better in many ways) with what a lot of big name companies with huge teams are capable of. Super Meat Boy will take your hand-eye and your patience to it's limit all while you laugh at the sheer brilliance that is this game. I've honestly never had so much fun dying over, and over again. Expand
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    Someone in the reviews actually said this game is "fair". They ought to be a politician. Anyways, Super Meat Boy. It's another faux-retro hardcore platformer because you know, we're in short supply of THOSE.

First thing you'll notice when you power it up is that it has messages like "Anyone who says Keyboard is better than controller get shot in the face", because you know: showing contempt for your audience gets you a 90 on Metacritic. Good.

The next thing you'll notice is that "indie sense of humor" which consists of toilet jokes and references. Always makes me laugh when nerds slam Epic Movie (which don't be confused, is awful) for "only making references" then turn around and praise things like Scott Pilgrim and Super Meat Boy for the same thing because it references things they like. But anyways, it's not funny, but most indie games aren't.

Super Meat Boy's graphics are awful. It's literally a Flash game. Anyone could code it and put it up on Newgrounds for free. Also, since it's coded in flash, it's inconsistent. Here's an example of why the programming in Super Meat Boy is crap: There's a custom level hub (also janked) which includes "auto boy" levels, where the intent is to stand still and not move and the level architecture will carry you to the goal automatically, kind of like a "DDA" map in N (An example of a hardcore platformer done... I wouldn't say "right", but at least "better"). The problem? The results are completely random if you'll make it or not because Flash is more unstable than Syd Barrett. Also, glad to see that Edmund McMllen includes characters from all the other bad indie games (Minecraft, VVVVVV, I Wanna Be The Guy, Braid, etc). I love indie circlejerks. Game sucks. Never play it. Make Edmund McMillen get a real job. 1/10 because it has good music
  12. Apr 16, 2014
    Really hardcore platformer with amazing graphics and soundtrack. Handling with controller is fabulous, there was no moment when I was blaming this game for failure and it is important about games like this. Just perfect.
  13. Jan 2, 2014
    This is by far, the most fun I've had with a platforming game in a very long time. And also probably the best platformer from the last five years. Let me just say, I like this more than Mario. There, I said it. It is freaking better than Mario. The controls (while you might not call the arrow keys and spacebar good controls) are so fluid, that I feel like the keyboard is part of my hand.This is by far, the most fun I've had with a platforming game in a very long time. And also probably the best platformer from the last five years. Let me just say, I like this more than Mario. There, I said it. It is freaking better than Mario. The controls (while you might not call the arrow keys and spacebar good controls) are so fluid, that I feel like the keyboard is part of my hand. It's the simple joy of trial-and-error platforming. So, It's like Mario Wii, but three times harder, three times more fun, and none of that "super guide" crap that got you through the levels when you were five. I'll admit it can be a little too frustrating at times, but that just teaches you to get better. And what can be said about the music? It's good. It's really good. It's Super Mario Galaxy good. 8-Bit rock and roll per-freaking-fection good. It just adds to the amazing and frustrating experience of...

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!
    (And sorry for comparing it to Mario so much. Mario is a natural scale of good platforming, and the only one that absolutely EVERYBODY would recognize.)
  14. Jan 1, 2014
    Perfect, beautiful, amazing, challenging, awesome, funny, probably the best platformer ever made.
    Difficult, but still fun, even when you had to try again 500 times. A must have game!!!!
  15. Jan 27, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever played, very stupid, without humor, you only need to click buttons quickly and aptly. Game is difficult but success depends on luck because beyond stupid clicking the game has nothing to offer. I don't recommend it unless you have nothing to do, and nerves of steel. I bought it for a little more than 1€ so it isn't a tragedy, according to me this is theOne of the worst games I've ever played, very stupid, without humor, you only need to click buttons quickly and aptly. Game is difficult but success depends on luck because beyond stupid clicking the game has nothing to offer. I don't recommend it unless you have nothing to do, and nerves of steel. I bought it for a little more than 1€ so it isn't a tragedy, according to me this is the real value of this **** Expand
  16. Feb 27, 2014
    The hate-it-or-love-it-game.

I absolutely love the game. The graphics are somewhat far beyond 1995 but the characters, gameplay, achievs and also the story are freaking fantastic. Try 'I wanna be the guy' in order to check your ambition for this type of game. There is also the flash version of Meat Boy somewhere around in the web. Check your ambition before buying. Can't say it often
    The hate-it-or-love-it-game.

I absolutely love the game.

The graphics are somewhat far beyond 1995 but the characters, gameplay, achievs and also the story are freaking fantastic. Try 'I wanna be the guy' in order to check your ambition for this type of game. There is also the flash version of Meat Boy somewhere around in the web. Check your ambition before buying. Can't say it often enough.

I used x360 controller from the beginning. As the effing thing went dead I had to play with keyboard for some days. Absolutely not playable. So be sure to have som Gamepad.

I hope there will be other good plattformers coming in the future times. Until that I will continue trying to beat some of the finger-crippling hardmode levels that Super Meat Boy offers.

Now get going and kick some Fetus-asses or play some more days in Sims3 or some sort of pony riding game :)
  17. May 26, 2014
    My absolute #1 game of all time, the controls are completely fantastic and the way you move is exactly how a 2D platform is supposed to function, and with over 200 levels and an online mode, this game is amazing.
  18. Jun 10, 2014
    Magnífico juego para ver gran cantidad de mecánicas de los juegos de plataformas. Muy interesante para desarrolladores que quieran hacer un juego de este tipo. Buena compra calidad-precio.
  19. Jun 22, 2014
    It's an awesome game! One of the best games that I have played!! I really enjoy it and I would definitely recommend it.
    However, let me warn you, it's a difficult game, I looked into my statistics and I have died already 2000 times when I was into 7 hours of play (which include video, loading time, and level control selection)!
  20. Jul 21, 2014
    Super Meat Boy is designed around one thing, platforming. It does this supremely well, and everything else in the game is designed to augment and enhance the platforming experience.

As you might imagine, the game play is everything here, and it’s perfectly executed. The controls take time to get used to, but once that happens (10+ hours in) you will be able to understand and exploit levels implicitly. Also, as you might have heard, SMB is HARD, especially on the final world and dark worlds. However it is always fair to you. It never tries to trick you or ambush you, levels never change, and you know that if you die it was your mistimed keystroke/button-mash that did it. The fun comes from trying out new strategies to get through the assault course before you, and the joy you’ll feel from completing a level you’ve been stuck on for the last 45 minutes is unlike many other gaming experiences. This sets it apart from games like "I wanna be the guy" which is an exercise in masochism. Also, once you die, and you will die a lot, the level immediately resets, which cuts down on the boring waiting between level attempts (only the warp zones and glitch zones don’t which is kind of annoying).

The sound design is phenomenal. Seriously, phenomenal. I can't think of many other games that have such a well crafted score, especially for an indie game. It always captures just the right mood for the level you are in: easy, difficult, zany, hectic, epic, cute, apocalyptic, tense, it's all there. It also makes it easier to replay a level for the 50th time since you get to listen to such a great track again. The music style is fast paced and reminiscent of old arcade games, which is a nice nod to its roots.

The story is not really designed to be immersive, like many other A* games out there, but instead provides a very enjoyable backdrop for your platforming, full of quirky humour and irreverence. The lightheartedness of the story perfectly offsets the brutal difficulty of the game, and the humour makes you laugh when you should be throwing your controller across the room. The characters never speak, but the story is conveyed through facial expressions and a narrator, both contributing to an arcade like atmosphere that doesn’t take itself too seriously, making for an awesome game.

The graphics, much like the soundtrack, are not the centre of the game, but make the platforming easier and more enjoyable. The sets are colourful and vibrant, and each world has its own distinctive theme to it. Contrast between platform, player and background is good and crisp, meaning you won’t get confused during your hectic level dashes. The cinematics between worlds are high quality and serve to move the story along.

Even once you beat a level, that’s not it. There’s so much more to do to unlock other interesting characters and achievements. Beat the level timed runs, collect bandages, beat the dark worlds, beat warp zones, beat glitch zones, and for those who’s badassery is measured in MCkN (mega Chuck Norrises) and have already done all that, go on Super Meat Boy world/Teh Internets and try to complete some of the fan made stuff there.

It’s also really nice to see characters appearing from other indie games, included as additional unlockable characters with special abilities that your titular protagonist does not have. This allows you to try out another character if super meat boy can’t get that one bandage you need to collect.

This game should really get a 10, and is the best platformer I’ve ever played. Why only a 9 then? For me at least, it’s the buggiest game I’ve ever played. I play the steam version on Windows Vista, and crashes during loading are commonplace, though thankfully not often during very long and difficult levels. I don’t know if its Steam’s fault, since I’ve had problems with a number of incompletely function Steam versions of games (e.g. Max Payne), but I can only rate my experience, so there it is.

Now, Super Meat Boy is not a broad game. If you don’t like platforming, don’t buy it. If you don’t like a game to test your resolve and challenge you skill to their limits, don’t buy it. It is a tightly formed, focused, perfectly crafted, exceptionally fun platformer and its completion is designed to be a badge of honour letting the internet know how awesome you are.

Buy it. Try it. Get killed. Lots.
  21. Nov 15, 2014
    Distilling platforming to its purest essence, Super Meat Boy is challenging but never unforgiving or unfair. The levels are short and sweet, and the sheer amount of them provide endless hours of fun.
  22. Jan 2, 2015
    This is an amazing game that is personally one of my favorites if not my favorite. I see a few reviews bashing it for its difficulty. Disregard these! Do NOT buy this game unless you are into extremely difficult trial and error based gameplay. That is what the game is known for. Even years after I got the game I'm still having fun with it. I'll admit you certainly need to get in shape toThis is an amazing game that is personally one of my favorites if not my favorite. I see a few reviews bashing it for its difficulty. Disregard these! Do NOT buy this game unless you are into extremely difficult trial and error based gameplay. That is what the game is known for. Even years after I got the game I'm still having fun with it. I'll admit you certainly need to get in shape to try any of the harder levels, but that comes quickly. I love all the crazy achievements of the game, and personally I think it is one of the best deals out there. For just a couple of dollars and a lot of patience you get basically unlimited entertainment. My ONLY complaint is the fans. Some levels contain fans, and I think they are a little unpredictable at times. This isn't a major problem though. Aside from this, the game runs perfectly. In terms of stress on the computer it is very light. I can easily run it with 60 fps on my 5 year old macbook (yes I know that isn't your ideal gaming machine). Wait for a steam sale, and snag this game next time its cheap!!! Expand
  23. Mar 9, 2015
    Have you ever picked up a video game and instantly fell in love with it? I have, and growing up in the early 90's with popular consoles like the 'Super Nintendo' and the 'Sega Genesis' have given many platformers extremely nostalgic feelings for me. Then I got older and video games changed just as much as I did and when I came back to them many years later I found that they had turned intoHave you ever picked up a video game and instantly fell in love with it? I have, and growing up in the early 90's with popular consoles like the 'Super Nintendo' and the 'Sega Genesis' have given many platformers extremely nostalgic feelings for me. Then I got older and video games changed just as much as I did and when I came back to them many years later I found that they had turned into something that I didn't understand, appreciate, or recognize. Every game seemed to blend in with the ones around it, and I wasn't all that happy with the majority of games that I was playing. This is the game that changed that.

'Super Meat Boy' is easily one of the best games that I have ever played and rivals some of the greatest platformers of all time like 'Mario Bros', 'Castlevania', 'Mega Man', and so on and so forth. This game put 2D platforming, along with indie gaming back on the map for many people because everything about it is simply amazing. From the soundtrack, to the controls, to the level design, to the insanity of it all; 'Super Meat Boy' will keep you addicted until the very end. And just when you think you've mastered it all, you discover there are even harder versions of each and every level that you've already played. If you are at all into side-scrollers this is a must buy. Hell, this is a must buy even if you aren't.
  24. Mar 2, 2015
    Its fun, addictive, and extremely difficult. Its a throw back to the hard core days of gaming in the 80's, therefore the difficulty is justified. But don't worry, there are no lives, so don't worry about messing up.
    Go play it.
  25. Oct 9, 2015
    I originally played Super Meat Boy on PC and. largely thanks to issues I had with the controls, didn't enjoy it at all. With so many good reviews and it being a PS+ freebie this month I decided to give it another try and am really glad I did. It’s still as infuriatingly difficult as it once but it seems as though the issues I had with the controls were more down to my PC than the gameI originally played Super Meat Boy on PC and. largely thanks to issues I had with the controls, didn't enjoy it at all. With so many good reviews and it being a PS+ freebie this month I decided to give it another try and am really glad I did. It’s still as infuriatingly difficult as it once but it seems as though the issues I had with the controls were more down to my PC than the game itself as it controls perfectly on PS4 meaning that the (many) deaths are always my fault rather than the games.

Being such a difficult title I'd be surprised if I made it all the way to the end but I've already had many enjoyable (if that's the right word for this game) hours with Super Meat Boy.
  26. Aug 25, 2013
    Very good game. The level design is clever and the soundtrack is just legendary. The extreme difficulty of the game is what makes it so good, but at the same time it digs into the gameplay for me. I'm sure people will narrow their eyes and make a scolding angry face at this review because they heavily disagree and are much better at the game.

Some people like extreme challenges, and

Some people like extreme challenges, and though I do admire the difficulty of the game, I get a bit of sick of dying and replaying the same level over and over, only to finally pass it and die another 200 times on the lever after that. Fortunately, I'm not incorporating my difficulty issue into my rating. The plot behind the game is very weak and almost non-existent.

The game is creative, original, challenging and has 10/10 music, but it's not mindblowing and feels a lot like a flash game.
  27. Sep 24, 2013
    I thought it was impossible to hate a game and love it at the same time. Super Meat Boy proved me wrong. I like how they went back to the old days, when games were actually HARD. SMB contains one of toughest levels I have ever played in a platformer. The feeling of satisfaction you get when you beat a level or get an A+ rating on it is gold. The extra characters in the PC version also addI thought it was impossible to hate a game and love it at the same time. Super Meat Boy proved me wrong. I like how they went back to the old days, when games were actually HARD. SMB contains one of toughest levels I have ever played in a platformer. The feeling of satisfaction you get when you beat a level or get an A+ rating on it is gold. The extra characters in the PC version also add to some fun experimenting while using them in levels. This game is awesome. Period. You must buy it now! 10/10 Expand
  28. Mar 21, 2015
    Very fun. Difficult but rewarding gameplay that occasionally borders on frustrating. If you want a more relaxed experience stick to the "light world" levels.

Great fast pace and wall-jumps.

You can re-map the key bindings by editing files, which you will want to do for a keyboard setup.

Gave me 60 hours of fun, 17923 deaths, highly recommended.
  29. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is just phenomenal. It brings classic, tough, platforming with a modern polish. Don't play this game if you're expecting a well written story. Play this if you're expecting one of the greatest platforming adventures of your entire life. It's runs smoothly and the platforming system is just as smooth, it's addicting, the characters are lovable, it has a high replay-ability rateThis game is just phenomenal. It brings classic, tough, platforming with a modern polish. Don't play this game if you're expecting a well written story. Play this if you're expecting one of the greatest platforming adventures of your entire life. It's runs smoothly and the platforming system is just as smooth, it's addicting, the characters are lovable, it has a high replay-ability rate due to the massive amount of extra content included. And, if you purchase on Steam it includes a level editor! This is the ultimate package for any plat-former fan. Expand
  30. AWG
    Jun 21, 2013
    Why is a console controller HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for a PC game? Is it because a keyboard is not indie enough? If you can't properly port a game, just don't do it. But I suppose that not having your game on the PC market is not indie enough...
    Super Meat Boy is a frustrating game you can only beat by repeating and repeating and repeating and repeating and repeating and repeating the same action again and again and again.
    Well, I guess suffering from OCD is indie enough at least.

Indie gaming at its retro-loving best, with some of the most cunningly-designed and purposefully infuriating 2D gameplay of the year.
  2. Jun 1, 2011
    Blood, action, romance. Super Meat Boy Ultra Edition has got it all.
  3. May 3, 2011
    Oldschool-Jump and Run at its finest!