Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe PC

8.4

1. May 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Didn't play this game, but played both Plus and original SPP.
    Original SPP is slightly less punishing as there are no turrets or cannons involved.
    So, SPP as a concept gets a clear 6 and the original version gets a 6.
    Adult Swim-hosted junk version ("plus") adds 2 more characters, Gems and those abominable turrets/cannons.
    Deluxe apparently adds tilesets, plus some challenge objects for each tileset such as icicles (I watched a livestream)
    So, I give 6 to the concept. If original SPP was here for reviewing, I'd give IT a 6 and a 4 to Deluxe.
    It is well worth about 10min of fun for a masochist, but NOT worth any cash unless you are a MASOCHISTIC COUPLE owning a PC linked to TV.
  2. May 25, 2013
    As someone who is not easily impressed when it comes to new games, Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe blew me away. I'm one of those people who think giving a game a 10 is ridiculous, but I'd be lying if I gave this game anything less than that. I played the free version and was so addicted that I went and instantly bought the game on steam. The controls are on the edge of perfection and workAs someone who is not easily impressed when it comes to new games, Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe blew me away. I'm one of those people who think giving a game a 10 is ridiculous, but I'd be lying if I gave this game anything less than that. I played the free version and was so addicted that I went and instantly bought the game on steam. The controls are on the edge of perfection and work flawlessly on both keyboard and gamepad, the soundtrack is nothing short of amazing, each level offers unique obstacles, as well as every character changing the way you play the game, not to mention the challenges are exactly that, challenging. If you're looking for a new cheap indie game to play, look no further. If you aren't entirely sure whether or not to get it, just look up Super Puzzle Platformer and try the flash version. Can't wait to see more from this developer. This game has changed my opinion on the current state of the indie scene. Collapse
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Jun 9, 2013
    Plain and simple: one of the best casual game on the market. Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe is fun and addictive.
  2. Jun 6, 2013
    Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe is a solid game that takes a good idea and runs with it without overstaying its welcome, but it isn't likely to reach cult hit status like Robot Unicorn Attack.
  3. May 31, 2013
    Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe packs a ton of great run/jump/shoot/puzzle action in its arcade shell, and is easily one of the best Tetris-style games to show up in a very long time.