8.3

1. Oct 3, 2010
    Almost the perfect RTS. Strategy, tactics, music, atmosphere, graphics, sound, mega-armies, superrobots, all there. Hundred-thousands of skirmish units have already exploded on my screen. It takes weeks to master, but when you do, it's worth every second. Even the atrocious campaigns with the moronic game-characters will not drag my rating down from 10.
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    If you liked Total Annihilation back in the day, this is made by the same lead designer and is a spiritual successor. It has a current metacritic score of 86/100 and is a seriously fun game. It features full dual monitor support (each screen in showing a different location, eg. one on your base and the other the front line, or whatever you like. very handy for an RTS) The defaultIf you liked Total Annihilation back in the day, this is made by the same lead designer and is a spiritual successor. It has a current metacritic score of 86/100 and is a seriously fun game. It features full dual monitor support (each screen in showing a different location, eg. one on your base and the other the front line, or whatever you like. very handy for an RTS) The default population cap is 1000 units per player. Expand
  3. lhw
    May 31, 2011
    It's been 4 years since the release of Supreme Commander and still today its the best real time strategy game out there. Though on a side note there isn't really any competition as any other 'strategy' game currently available is more or less only a tactic game.
    The variety of huge maps available through the community and the fun of building massive armies consisting of hundreds of small and huge robots, ships and planes is practically unrivaled. But even with thousands of units brawling on 40x40km maps its still possible to control because Supreme Commander allow you to zoom out into the strategy map. Where you can control and give advanced orders like ferries or coordinated attacks easily.
    The sometimes criticized resource- and build-system might take some time to get used to but it's in no way inferior to any other strategy game.
    The only negative critic I have is that this game hogs your PC quite radically. Even after 4 years and with a modern mid-class PC it still gets slow when 2000-3000 units are present on the map.
    In my opinion everyone with a slight interest in strategy games should get a copy of this. Including the addon 'Forged Alliance' it shouldn't cost more then 15$.
  4. Jun 9, 2011
    A combination of Tier 1 units that can be massed into a huge force, tier 3 units that can be used in small strike forces, and experimental units that can be used as one would use a nuke in most other games make Supreme Commander one of the most intelligently designed RTS games in a while. Each faction is very similar yet not at all identical. The UEF have a health advantage, the Aeon haveA combination of Tier 1 units that can be massed into a huge force, tier 3 units that can be used in small strike forces, and experimental units that can be used as one would use a nuke in most other games make Supreme Commander one of the most intelligently designed RTS games in a while. Each faction is very similar yet not at all identical. The UEF have a health advantage, the Aeon have a range advantage and the Cybran have a stealth advantage. Those are just 3 of the many qualities each faction brings to the table. Do not judge this game based on the Tier 1 units, those are just to start you off. When you reach Tier 2, you have reached Supreme Commander. Expand
  5. May 29, 2012
    All I can say is, some people have a strange view of what makes a good RTS. Supreme Commander is a great title because this game is really supreme. I have played about every RTS I can find and this tops them all in its scale and scope of game play and it's terrific graphics. The abilities one has to control the units is simply enormous. You can queue up build orders, attack orders,All I can say is, some people have a strange view of what makes a good RTS. Supreme Commander is a great title because this game is really supreme. I have played about every RTS I can find and this tops them all in its scale and scope of game play and it's terrific graphics. The abilities one has to control the units is simply enormous. You can queue up build orders, attack orders, designate patrol paths, set ferrying orders so that transports will wait by factories until units are constructed, then load them automatically, fly them to the point of your choosing, unload and return for more reinforcements. You can set multiple build orders in a factory: Build two of these, five of those, three of these and so on, even have the loop repeat. You can upgrade the Commander with various new abilities which differs by faction. You can literally scroll out in a second to view an enormous landscape and yet still control all your units with ease. The game runs very smoothly at maximum settings with hundreds of units on the screen with any decent computer today. The models and animations are highly detailed and you can zoom in very close. No, I wouldn't compare this game to the Total War series: Those are the slowest, most boring games I ever played. If I wanted something that slow-paced, I would still be played Avalon Hill strategy board games, like I did as a child. At least they were interesting. Don't listen to the naysayers here, just look at the amount of positive reviews and realize they are only trying to rock the boat. Supreme Commander rules! Expand
  6. Nov 12, 2014
    Almost the perfect RTS. Strategy, tactics, music, atmosphere, graphics, sound, mega-armies, superrobots, all there. Hundred-thousands of skirmish units have already exploded on my screen. It takes weeks to master, but when you do, it's worth every second The best strategy game i have ever played in fact.Greatest RTS ever! Resource system is ingenious, at least i think so. The game is veryAlmost the perfect RTS. Strategy, tactics, music, atmosphere, graphics, sound, mega-armies, superrobots, all there. Hundred-thousands of skirmish units have already exploded on my screen. It takes weeks to master, but when you do, it's worth every second The best strategy game i have ever played in fact.Greatest RTS ever! Resource system is ingenious, at least i think so. The game is very complex, has so many units, four factions total, GIANT units, great command structure, incredibly massive scale, Naval battles, and air power the likes of which I've never seen in another RTS! Expand
  7. Jul 7, 2014
    Supreme Commander Forged Alliance is a very diverse RTS. The game features several tiers of units. Each tier, usually referred to as tech 1-4, the units have more damage, health or utility. Each tier having lots of units within them. Land, air, naval and stand alone units are all included. Games can be played with 2-12 players on maps that range from small to insanely massive. The forgedSupreme Commander Forged Alliance is a very diverse RTS. The game features several tiers of units. Each tier, usually referred to as tech 1-4, the units have more damage, health or utility. Each tier having lots of units within them. Land, air, naval and stand alone units are all included. Games can be played with 2-12 players on maps that range from small to insanely massive. The forged alliance forever community, a community made by players with a better game game client than steam, is helpful and very friendly to new players.

The game starts with just your Armored Commander Unit(ACU). Your ACU is a diverse unit that has high build rate but also can be very useful for fighting early on. Games vary immensely on size of map and skill of the players involved. Maps with high resource escalate quickly towards high tier units. Longer games will see experimentals(tech 4 units), nukes and long range artillery. There's also plenty of units that allow you to out think your opponent. For example some factions have mobile shield units, stealth fields and plenty of other great features. The Forged Alliance Forever(FAF) community has made lots of custom games and hundreds of new maps so game possibles are endless.

Overall the game is a lot of to play whether you are competitive or casual about gaming. I'd recommend it to any gamer who likes RTS games.
  8. Nov 12, 2011
    Supreme Commander is a really good strategic game. It is clean, fun and makes you think. The Campaign takes up a lot of time. Playing Skirmish is fun, especially on the huge 50k by 50k maps. The units and stuff are well designed, well animated and have really good sounds.

This game is really fun, I have all three SupCom games!
  9. Dec 31, 2013
    This game holds a special place in my heart, I've been playing RTS games forever and this one never gets old! It has it all: GIANT robotic armies, tons of ground/air/naval units, experimental weapons (Colossus robots, flying motherships, etc.), great balancing, good difficulty curve, endless fun in Skirmish mode against AI. The campaigns aren't bad, they're not the best but they areThis game holds a special place in my heart, I've been playing RTS games forever and this one never gets old! It has it all: GIANT robotic armies, tons of ground/air/naval units, experimental weapons (Colossus robots, flying motherships, etc.), great balancing, good difficulty curve, endless fun in Skirmish mode against AI. The campaigns aren't bad, they're not the best but they are enjoyable and have somewhat interesting stories. The Skirmish mode is amazing, AI has multiple difficulty settings that will never stop challenging you, the battles are complex and strategic, and the unit count is off the charts! If you like RTS games with huge armies, tons of units to choose from, MANY buildings and endgame experimental weapons, definitely give this game a shot! I played this along with War Front: Turning Point, C&C3, AoE III, Starcraft: BW, and Warcraft III, and the only game out of those that were better than Supreme Commander was Warcraft III. One of the best RTS's I've ever played, probably my third favorite of all time. The three different races are complex and give a good variety to any battle, and the amount of different attacks/approaches/defenses that are available is incredible, and will make sure no two battles play out the same way!

The campaign's theme of EXPANDING the map instead of loading a different one makes the game require some heavy duty hardware in your computer. By the end of a mission the map will be HUGE and there'll probably be like 1000 units on it at once, so be warned that you need a hefty computer to handle this game, or you'll have to decrease the graphics a lot (Which by the way, the graphics are REALLY good for when this game was made: they even stand up to today's standards in some aspects!).
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    Looks great. Plays fun. Lots of explosions in this one. As with the original Total Annihilation game, I think the best part is that the production/building process can be sped up by having multiple drones (and/or your commander) build the same thing at the same time.

Excellent UI design, in my opinion, particularly the multimonitor support that they have. This was never really a

This was never really a story-driven game for me, and I only played to build units and watch them blow each other up essentially. Of course, I do like to deploy my units strategically during combat, but I also sometimes feel lazy and simply want to throw units at my enemy until they die which SC allows you to do really well once you manage your resources well enough and you have enough unit factories and drones to speed up the unit production process.
  11. Dec 22, 2011
    One of the better RTS games around. Supreme Commander has 3 diverse races that have many interesting and fun units. Experimental units are one of the best parts of the game. But the ability to control thousands of units in real time on a large map allows for supreme strategy unlike other RTS games. Graphics are good aswell but the user interface can be a bit hard to get the hang of.
  12. Jan 6, 2013
    A grand scale RTS, and a solid 8. Supreme Commander lives up to its title, you do in fact feel like a Supreme Commander. There are many strategic outlets in this game that you can employ to stay ahead of your enemy. Like the real world, information is a key element to your plan of attack. The large scale maps can leave opponents weak and sprawled, and your attacking forces can be seenA grand scale RTS, and a solid 8. Supreme Commander lives up to its title, you do in fact feel like a Supreme Commander. There are many strategic outlets in this game that you can employ to stay ahead of your enemy. Like the real world, information is a key element to your plan of attack. The large scale maps can leave opponents weak and sprawled, and your attacking forces can be seen coming a mile away giving time for your enemy to prepare.

Base building plays a large role in survival in this game, expect to lose a lot of units to a barrage of artillery, nuclear attacks, or experimental units. Battles can be fought simultaneously at different parts of the map, managing your armies of land, sea, and air alone could distract long enough to have fallen behind on base building.
  13. Feb 1, 2014
    The spiritual successor to Total Annihilation by the same developer. The graphics are improved and there are now 3 factions with what appear on the surface to be diverse playstyles. Unfortunately this is mostly on the surface as the large map sizes often meant ground combat became a total stalemate and it turned into a sheer brute force weight of numbers and economy battle rather thanThe spiritual successor to Total Annihilation by the same developer. The graphics are improved and there are now 3 factions with what appear on the surface to be diverse playstyles. Unfortunately this is mostly on the surface as the large map sizes often meant ground combat became a total stalemate and it turned into a sheer brute force weight of numbers and economy battle rather than tactics. The existence of the shield generator buildings made it possible to create mass overlapping shield bubbles that made most attacks incapable of doing much critical or significant damage.

Finally, the Commander unit itself while nice is a far cry from the Total Annihilation commander with its D-gun. The Commander was near the end of the game more liability than asset due to its volatile death explosion, and its gun, while in theory capable of one hit killing most things, was not enough to save it as the gun did not penetrate through multiple units like the D-Gun. This meant the Commander in mid to late game could not fight its way from any reasonable sized collection units, and was often reduced to hiding in its base.
  14. Dec 27, 2011
    is a great game but the ai is pretty bad, when moving huge amounts of units they collide and stop moving for a while and keep going again, although the graphics is nice and otherwise the game is pretty well built (AI IS TERRIBLEEEEEEEEE)
  15. Sep 16, 2010
    Wow the game looked great i'll admit. However there are too small units on a too large map. My biggest dislike about this game is the WAITING PERIODs for your units to finally get to ur opponents base takes forever! building T3 and T4 units take forever if built with one unit...83 minutes! I noticed units takes a while late game b4 they actually build or move etc. good points r the megaWow the game looked great i'll admit. However there are too small units on a too large map. My biggest dislike about this game is the WAITING PERIODs for your units to finally get to ur opponents base takes forever! building T3 and T4 units take forever if built with one unit...83 minutes! I noticed units takes a while late game b4 they actually build or move etc. good points r the mega robots and graphics :) it sucked when in the trailors u saw this huge ass robot and when u play u have to zoom right in to get a scaled view. Id say get the game on budget like i did. I expected much more from this big letdown. Expand

1. A remarkable piece of work, and a worthy successor to "Total Annihilation." Strategy games don't come this big, and this ambitious, and they never demand this much from you. Take command - if you think you can handle it. [Feb 2007, p.62]
  2. This is all-out war on a scale we've never seen before, and it is glorious. [Mar 2007, p.23]
  3. Sup Com is very much a PC gamer's beast, and the supernova-sized war games may prove a little too demanding for anyone other than accomplished RTS players (our heads still hurt from the last LAN skirmish). If only for its sheer scale and battle mechanics, this should be sampled by every RTS fan with a graphics card - and indeed, mental powers - that are up to the task.