6.0

1. Apr 20, 2013
    This is definitely a game to play with a friend. It is silly and stupid in a good way. I played the first level 3-4 times and had a lot of fun losing. The novelty started to wear off when I realized I could not try other levels until I beat the first level. When you start trying to play seriously, the game loses a lot of it's entertainment value. If the devs allowed level selection atThis is definitely a game to play with a friend. It is silly and stupid in a good way. I played the first level 3-4 times and had a lot of fun losing. The novelty started to wear off when I realized I could not try other levels until I beat the first level. When you start trying to play seriously, the game loses a lot of it's entertainment value. If the devs allowed level selection at any time, it would be a better game. If they had included some kind of hilarious briefing or optional tutorial it would have been a better game.

A few minor improvements and this is an 8. But for the Steam sale price of $6.99 it is a worthwhile purchase.
  2. May 16, 2013
    Thanks to Surgeon Simulator 2013 I am now on track to becoming a fully licensed orthopedic surgeon in the great state of Massachusetts. Thanks Surgeon Simulator 2013!
  3. Apr 20, 2013
    Hilarious and fun! If you've played games like "Octodad" and enjoyed them, you'll love this.

Differences from the free original version are more surgeries (6 in total), a much more polished experience, and many secrets/easter eggs. I've played for a few hours already and the laughs haven't stopped. They've also tightened the controls enough where the surgeries are actually beatable.

For those who have no idea what this game is you control the arm of a "surgeon" similar to a puppeteer controlling a marionette. Fingers are mapped to buttons and arm/wrist controls are done via mouse. The physics on everything is overly exaggerated. Combining this with the hilariously awkward arm controls means every movement you make is a recipe for disaster and some great laughs. Example: I picked up a drill accidentally by the drill bit and not the handle...the drill handle started spinning out of control, flailing about and obliterating the poor patient's ribcage in the process. I proceeded to use a hammer to open the rest of the ribcage, which got stuck in the patient between a lung and a rib.

This is NOT a serious simulator game! I REPEAT: THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL SIMULATOR! What this is, is a hilarious time waster that has been polished up enough to be an actual game. Not everyone enjoys these types of products, but if you're like me you'll be laughing until you cry and your sides ache.
  4. Apr 20, 2013
    What the hell is this? Give me my money back! This should be retitled "Mentaly handicapped Arm Simulator 2013". It's a struggle just to pick up a tool and do anything with it. I realize it's supposed to be a joke, but it's so frustrating just to do the most basic tasks. I don't find it funny, I find it super annoying. This will teach me a lesson against trying new things on steam.
  5. Jul 16, 2013
    I was ready for goofy dark fun, but not completely crap controls. I gave this game almost two hours of my life trust trying to learn the control scheme and even after all that I still couldn't pick up one instrument and make and use of it other than gouging the green cloth draped on the patient. I was really excited for this and for it to turn out this way is just ridiculous.
  6. Jan 18, 2014
    Maybe Surgeon Simulator is amazing if you have the patience to master the controls but i dont have that patience. Any game that feels tedious and frustrating generally isnt going to convince me to try and master it, a tutorial or free play would have been nice and allowed me learn the controls but without it Surgeion Simulator doesnt promise anything worth hanging around for.

I got it

I got it for free and im glad i did beacuse there is no way i would pay £6.99 for a game whose main gameplay element is broken controls.

While i'm loath to give any game 0/10 this game boasts how little time it took to make and in my opinion it shows, maybe i'm the only one who doesn't find broken controls hilarious but in my opinion this game has no redeeming features.
  7. Oct 31, 2013
    This game is a great game if you like fooling around with a person's body. This game is humorous, because you can (for example) rip the patient's lung and will still survive. The game is glitchy, but the glitches in this game are so funny that you would almost think it is part of the game. A great game, overall.
  8. Dec 22, 2013
    I enjoyed it, but this game has unfortunately made ​​me fail my PhD in surgery. It seems that this game does not match the work of a surgeon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Mar 24, 2014
    Made an account just to say that this is the worst video game that will ever exist in the universe.It literally has the worst control scheme ever devised, and the physics came straight from hell. id rather make a burger from my pancreas than playing this game,i hope the developers die.DONT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!
  10. Mar 29, 2014
    worst game ever i honestly want 100% of my money back. i wasted about 20 min trying to grab a freaking hammer. steams lucky i cant demand my money back
  11. Jul 13, 2013
    I agree with the guy who said they should've named this "The Broken Arm Simulator." Yeah, yeah, I get that you're not supposed to be able to perform flawless surgery, and that it's supposed to be funny to butcher the body in front of you, but the controls and physics are so sloppy that any humor dies very very quickly. The only game I can really compare it to, by virtue of being in theI agree with the guy who said they should've named this "The Broken Arm Simulator." Yeah, yeah, I get that you're not supposed to be able to perform flawless surgery, and that it's supposed to be funny to butcher the body in front of you, but the controls and physics are so sloppy that any humor dies very very quickly. The only game I can really compare it to, by virtue of being in the same genre, is Adult Swim's Amateur Surgeon a game which is 100 times better in every way. Expand
  12. Jun 18, 2013
    As a pre-med student, I was excited to see what would be in this game. I knew it was kind of a joke, but the controls were so bad the game was unplayable for me. Could have been a fun game if they would have simplified the controls a little bit.
  13. May 7, 2013
    Ok this game is a fun and a nice game to play in between your call of duty's and your Battlefield's. This game is "simple stupid fun" don't expect an engaging story or in depth characters, this isn't one of those kind of games. After 3 or 4 hours your gonna get bored. This game has 7 surgery's. Heart,Kidney,Brain surgery. They are also repeated in the more difficult ambulance mode. ThereOk this game is a fun and a nice game to play in between your call of duty's and your Battlefield's. This game is "simple stupid fun" don't expect an engaging story or in depth characters, this isn't one of those kind of games. After 3 or 4 hours your gonna get bored. This game has 7 surgery's. Heart,Kidney,Brain surgery. They are also repeated in the more difficult ambulance mode. There is also a secret surgery which is heart surgery but in a cool concept area. Expand
  14. Jul 10, 2013
    Probably one of the worst games I have ever played.

It's somewhat funny if you get the Team Fortress 2 references but that gets old quick once you make an attempt at the controls.

Would not recommend this to anyone.

Would be better off spending that 10$ on a movie.
  15. May 29, 2013
    What could have been a fun and funny Surgeon Simulator ends up becoming a horrible, sloppy mess of a game because the controls are awful.

People claim that's part of the "joke" of the game and I have to disagree, the game could still have been fun and rewarding without the retard-ly stupid controls it offers. Pirate it and try it before you buy it, because if not, you might be very

Pirate it and try it before you buy it, because if not, you might be very unpleasantly surprised.
  16. May 7, 2013
    Great game. The hilarity that you'll have with this game is totally worth the full price. I recommend you to play this with your friends, because it's as fun to watch as it is to play! Only bad thing about this game is only a few operations. I hope the developers will work on this game and add some more operations (dentist?, plastic surgery?)
  17. Jul 1, 2014
    Worst controls ever. Frustration maker of century. And I thought I played games with bad controls in the past - those were actually awesome!
    Game has its fun moments, but most of the time its a frustration maker (unless you have patience of a mountain).
  18. Jul 17, 2013
    The videos on Youtube are more fun than the game. I found the videos hilarious and couldn't resist buying the game, once playing, you realize just how bad the controls are, which I understand is intentional, but when it comes to getting stuck on level 2 for 90mins because the controls are so bad, you quickly lose interest and any "fun" value is long gone. I do not regret buying the gameThe videos on Youtube are more fun than the game. I found the videos hilarious and couldn't resist buying the game, once playing, you realize just how bad the controls are, which I understand is intentional, but when it comes to getting stuck on level 2 for 90mins because the controls are so bad, you quickly lose interest and any "fun" value is long gone. I do not regret buying the game as I believe this company has potential and would like to see what their next endeavor is; I do like to support the intention behind the humour in gameplay, hopefully next time it can be a little more refined. I think it's unfortunate that they seem to pride themselves on how fast this was produced, it would have been better if more time was put into it. Expand
  19. AWG
    Jun 30, 2013
    You won't be ever able to imagine a most annoying and frustrating than Surgeon Simulator 2013.
    This said and considered, I must admit this game is interesting and well-made and the Team Fortress update adds chaos (and fun) to an already enough chaotic (and funny) simulator.
  20. Apr 20, 2013
    Anyone posting a negative review complaining about the controls is simply impatient and maybe a bit slow on the uptake. The controls, while sometimes frustrating are perfectly operational if you'll put in a few minutes to figure them out. Besides a bit of frustration with the controls this game is great fun, although not realistic. I enjoy going through the surgeries and seeing how littleAnyone posting a negative review complaining about the controls is simply impatient and maybe a bit slow on the uptake. The controls, while sometimes frustrating are perfectly operational if you'll put in a few minutes to figure them out. Besides a bit of frustration with the controls this game is great fun, although not realistic. I enjoy going through the surgeries and seeing how little blood I can lose and how good a score I can get.

I'm certainly happy with my purchase and if you enjoy gory comedy and a bit of a challenge I advise you to pick it up on steam.
  21. Jun 29, 2013
    Omg, this game is so bad and it was a free online web app for the longest time, now for some reason they think they can sell it and people will buy it......wait WOW...people are buying it. I have just lost some faith in gammer humanity lol
  22. Jun 22, 2013
    It's actually painful to see people complaining about this game's controls too hard or complicated. This game was made with this in mind. The quirky controls, the stupidly weak engine, the unnecessary objects (like lemonade) all must be viewed as a satire, a parody. It is also not for anybody, for example, people with no friends might find it hard to enjoy this game. Surgeon SimulatorIt's actually painful to see people complaining about this game's controls too hard or complicated. This game was made with this in mind. The quirky controls, the stupidly weak engine, the unnecessary objects (like lemonade) all must be viewed as a satire, a parody. It is also not for anybody, for example, people with no friends might find it hard to enjoy this game. Surgeon Simulator 2013 is best played by two people, one of which screaming into the other's ear "DON'T PUT THE LEMONADE BOTTLE IN THERE! WE WILL PUT HIS LUNGS HERE!" while the other is laughing like a maniac. I have enjoyed myself more in this game than both Dragon Age games, Dishonored and Mirror's Edge combined, and I loved those games. My only complaint is that it is rather short, but for those 20 minute breaks with your friends, and considering the price, it is worth it. Expand
  23. May 29, 2013
    No tutorial, terrible menu screens, and controls so bad they are verging on broken, at times it seems like you are positively unable to use your fingers and thumb at the same time. honestly the games a bit of a mess, not a lot of content for your money, especially when you consider you HAVE to beat each level to even attempt the next. Avoid like genital warts.
  24. Jun 30, 2013
    I would not recommend getting this game if you don't like novelty, as that is entirely what this one is built around, but don't dismiss it as a "bad" game because of its clunky controls. Complaining that the control is bad is like ordering food you do not like at a restaurant and then complaining about the taste.

The whole game's humor, charm, and difficulty stem from the awkward

The whole game's humor, charm, and difficulty stem from the awkward controls. If it were easy to control the arm it would barely have any challenge, plus you wouldn't see so many hilarious mistakes. Also, it really isn't nearly as hard as most people make it out to be. Like anything else, with a little practice and patience, you'll eventually get the hang of the control and easily pull of the surgeries with few errors.

Bottom line, this game is not meant to be taken serious. It's basically one of those titles to have in your library to force on friends when they come for a visit. It's a good conversation piece, and it makes for a great drinking game. Personally, I find it refreshing to see a game that tries something new instead of going with the done-to-death formulas that are present in so many other games. My only complaint is that I wish it had at least 6 different surgeries instead of 3, but considering it's only a 10 dollar title I guess its fair to have less content.
  25. Apr 22, 2013
    *Minor spoilers* This is a truly amazing game. You must remember not to take it seriously, and well, if you actually do take it seriously, there must be something wrong with you and I'd advice you consult a real doctor. The original web-version was made in 48 hours and was a bit of a viral hit, the developers spent 50 days making a full version with fully textured tools and objects. The*Minor spoilers* This is a truly amazing game. You must remember not to take it seriously, and well, if you actually do take it seriously, there must be something wrong with you and I'd advice you consult a real doctor. The original web-version was made in 48 hours and was a bit of a viral hit, the developers spent 50 days making a full version with fully textured tools and objects. The controls are hard at first, and for the new set of levels taking place in an ambulance, you have to be lucky and just hope that the new heart or organ falls out the back. The game has 6 different operations, if you finish them all, you will unlock a new operation, which takes place somewhere you probably never expected. If you get the controls down, the game is rather short, and it only took me about 3-4 hours to finish all 7 tasks. However, even for such a short game, there are 48 achievements, some which are really, really challenging, but very enjoyable to obtain. A few examples would be to finish an operation while drugged (by touching the syringe) or being electrocuted (by putting one of your tools in the electric outlet), and how about both these combined? Challenging, but fun. No game has made me laugh so much already on the main menu, which is like an interact-able sandbox. If you love to laugh and try something challenging, this game is great for the small price. Expand
  26. Apr 28, 2013
    What's to dislike about this game. It's beautifully made, runs very well, and it's is full of little bells and whistles to discover while playing.
    Most people don't take this game seriously, and don't even end up getting past the first level. However, if you take it seriously, it's addicting and you'll want to keep playing. Of course, it's hilarious at times and difficult to control your master hand, but that just adds to the fun.
  27. Jul 13, 2013
    Really good game, funny and entertaining. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it. The controls seem difficult, but after a bit you get (slightly) used to them. It's easy to work out where to cut things, and I passed the first level (Heart Transplant) within 45 minutes.

Great game.
  28. Oct 5, 2013
    Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura BasuraBasura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Basura Expand
  29. Jul 17, 2013
    Absolutely terrible controls and physics. I get that it's not a real simulator and that messing up is the joke, but controlling the arm in the game is like trying to do anything with your own arm after you've been lying on it wrong for an hour and it's gone to sleep. A lot of times objects will get stuck or go rocketing off the table. I gave it a 1 just for the concept, but the game isAbsolutely terrible controls and physics. I get that it's not a real simulator and that messing up is the joke, but controlling the arm in the game is like trying to do anything with your own arm after you've been lying on it wrong for an hour and it's gone to sleep. A lot of times objects will get stuck or go rocketing off the table. I gave it a 1 just for the concept, but the game is definitely not worth paying any money for. Expand
  30. Apr 22, 2013
    Made in 48 hours you get exactly what you paid for (and why anyone would pay more then $0.01 for this is beyond me) it's not fun, it's not funny and it's not clever. It's annoying and frustrating. Even the web browser demo is clumsy, buggy and makes you slam your keyboard from unresponsive keys to framerate drops that move you when not moving. Not for anyone yet those who have $9.99 toMade in 48 hours you get exactly what you paid for (and why anyone would pay more then $0.01 for this is beyond me) it's not fun, it's not funny and it's not clever. It's annoying and frustrating. Even the web browser demo is clumsy, buggy and makes you slam your keyboard from unresponsive keys to framerate drops that move you when not moving. Not for anyone yet those who have $9.99 to waste I beg you to actually spend it on something else. Play the free web version but even that's not fun. Expand

1. Aug 28, 2013
    A likeable little game with the original idea proving definitely your both hands are left. If you approach the game with exaggeration, you won't regret your time nor your money. And that you are full of remorse because you murdered your patients in cold blood? Well, everyone has to start somehow. So grab your scalpel firmly and cut where it moves!
  2. Jun 28, 2013
    It is hilariously awkward to control. [Issue#136, p.111]
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    It’s a toy that you buy to show to your friends. Completing the game takes about 2 hours and then at best you can occasionally laugh with your buddies at the mess you can make with the saw, scalpels, hammer and your bare hand. [CD-Action 07/2013, p.79]