5.8

1. Dec 17, 2012
    I don't get this game at all. Feels like I'm playing a bad screensaver but less mesmerizing. It's supposedly playable but I didn't find much gameplay. I'm not even sure if this is a game...
  2. Dec 15, 2013
    Many people like Swarm Arena, but I don’t. This game had potential, but didn’t live up to it.

Swarm Arena is a fast paced arcade game where you fight opponents with drones, which are your own personal guards or soldiers depending on the situation. Pickups randomly spawn on the map giving you special moves, life, shields, and even more drones to fight with, also you have a large amount
    of strategies to use, like having your drones form a spinning shield around you, or setting them to defend you. You can also practice in the Sandbox mode, which is lacking but interesting nonetheless. Leaderboards and multiplayer is included, while also being able to play with two people on one PC.

This game looks great with the different colors of drones mixing in combat, the background particles that move depending on what’s happening, and the various cosmic rips that block your drones and explode over time. A problem I had is the AI seemed to either be way too easy, or being impossible to beat, which doesn’t lead to a fun time, and I got bored pretty quick playing this game.

Pros:
    Beautiful visuals.
    Cool powerups.
    Strategic abilities.
    Multiplayer.

Cons:
    Music is repetitive, and gets annoying after a while.
    AI is either WAY too weak or insanely hard.
    Gets boring after a couple of hours.

Rate: 4/10

Get this if you’re only looking for a couple of hours’ worth of fun, and better yet wait for it to go on sale.

There are no critic reviews yet.